Old 01-23-2020, 12:14 PM   #16  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Itry hmmm no I have never heard of Amanda Cypert but you can bet I am going to find her today on youtube.

Dancing now there is an idea I wonder if I can get DH to do the macarana?? hahahahahahaha

Last night in the danger zone.....between 6pm-9pm...yep I broke down and had an adult beverage but even with that I only had 14 points out of 16 and still had a gain this am....grrrrsy
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:01 PM   #17  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Nancy, that crummy weight will change. You've got this on the run. It is annoying to me that I won't see an immediate body response to a great eating day. Of course I think I should lose 40# when I've had a good day. What I have to remember is that if I keep having good days, I can lose 40# this year. I am geared for this!

Have a great day.
Had salmon on top of a Greek salad from my favorite Greek restaurant yesterday. Really filling and I had a cup of lemon soup for dinner and the leftover salad. Sounds weird, but I wasn't that hungry after the big lunch so the smaller dinner worked out fine.

Take care!
Judy
I definitely am hoping for a weight drop on the scale tomorrow morning.
Oatmeal with an egg this morning and soup for lunch...……..not sure what dinner will be because our granddaughter wants to come for dinner.
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:18 PM   #18  
Work in Progress

Tonight for dinner will be mongolian beef with brocolli and brown rice!....I am actually looking forward to it. I always have twice the veggies vs meat.....fingers crossed Itry and myself in the am....offical weigh in on Saturday morning....

Itry...I miss having my grandkids for sleepovers....
Old 01-24-2020, 10:57 AM   #19  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Nancy, I think I just had a reaction to what I was eating like you did a couple of days ago. Food perfect, points well within range, BUT I got the Greek salad with salmon at a restaurant (even though I had feta on the side ) and steamed chicken and broccoli should have been fine...……..and I'm up 2#. 2# is a lot when eating right...………...I'm hoping some of it is just salt and that could be.

And we're meeting our niece at Panera Bread for lunch. Checking out the lowest point lunch I can find and will do the best I can.

The good news is NY is nice and sunny today and so far our winter has been fine. Also, being older the time flies and before I know it it will be spring.

All the best and : to anyone who reads and chimes in here!

Judy
Old 01-24-2020, 02:39 PM   #20  
Work in Progress

OK grr and grr and one more for, well, just cause grrr
WI still up 1.0 from last week so tomorrow's weigh in will show the increase...this will be two weeks in a row. I am taking a look at my food log and I think I am going to have to limit my brown rice and pasta. These 2 carbs most likely should not be in my mix but maybe once a week. I can do that. Can't say the same for the glass or two of wine here and there.
I did do a med-fast cardio for 50min this am at the gym.....got caught up in watching the Austrailan Open LOL I don't know why I have this facination with tennis. Guess it was getting hooked watching the old days with Jimmy Conner and Andre Aggisi

Itry I am sure your gain is sodium. It will be gone in a few days.....I have to avoid Panera like the plague....I think the only thing low in calories and not loaded with sodium for me is the apple you can get LOL..

Ok back later
Old 01-25-2020, 09:32 AM   #21  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Nancy, so funny about the apple being the only safe food at Panera's. I agree. I had the half tuna sandwich (which is hysterical since in my Panera's they serve it on 2 slices of bread...…….I only ate the one slice) and that was 7 points. Then while my two companions finished their soup I ate the safe apple and all I can say for it was it was crunchy. Anyway, our niece likes to meet us there so we do. However, the salt in the soup is much too much so I can't eat that. I guess I could have a salad but I'm really not crazy about salads.

I think the Purple plan can be very tricky and I am sorry you'll be up on the scale. There has to be a way to figure in your wine. I think limiting your brown rice and pasta makes complete sense. I am setting up a little guideline for myself and I'll see how it goes. I'm figuring one of the new carbs for twice a week and the other nights boosting my vegetables to two with dinner. Again, I'm not a big salad person (which is probably how I got to be a big person) so a protein and two veggies should be enough to keep me full for dinner. Last night I was hungry at 9:30pm and made the smallest amt. of popcorn in the microwave and air popped it. It was satisfying enough and the tiny amt. didn't seem to do any harm. I still am not back to this week's WI weight, so I'm kinda in the same boat you are. Wishing you all the best. Thanks for posting here so regularly!~

Judy
Old 01-25-2020, 01:24 PM   #22  
Work in Progress

Ok the offiicial WI is over and yep I am up 1.4lbs for the week and last week was up .6. I talked with the leader about the rice and pasta, she was not 100% on board with my logic but did not try to talk me around it either. I will give this 2 weeks and see what happens.

So dug through my freezer and found rice cauliflower and will use that for my lunch stir fry for the week. I am also going to play with some other flavors to put over the rice and veggies

Now I have got to thinking that the exercise I do really does not impact any weight loss..Last week I had 110 fit points left and not sure how many rollovers ...this week focus on nutritional food....

hahaha see what a meeting does to me makes me get on a soap box and sound like a loon....ignore the rants

Today I am going to meet my DS at the mall for some retail therapy best medicine for a weight gain....she has been on ww for almost a year now and her journey is slow slow as is mine.
OH an no Panera for either of us but we may have to find a bit of sushi somewhere

back later today
Old 01-25-2020, 11:27 PM   #23  
Chick

Your workouts are amazing!!!! Keep them up of course because they do you good even if you don't lose weight because of them.
Good hearing from you and follow your instincts about food...…………...you know yourself well and WW is for a general population and you're a specific and want to figure out which foods work for you. Good luck!!!!

Judy
Old 01-26-2020, 01:31 PM   #24  
Work in Progress

c
back later xxoo
Old 01-27-2020, 05:41 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles

Judy - sorry I have been away, been very busy up here and lately just trying to keep warm.

Hi to all our new members!!

I am doing blue plan on WW and been struggling since Christmas, but have been pretty good this week.. My WW day is Saturday a.m.

Will go back and read some posts and try to get to know abit about each of you when I get a chance.

Gail
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 11:10 AM   #26  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
WElcome back GAil!!!! Love to see Bandit2 posting here.
Weight loss is so tricky. I did well immediately with the Purple Plan. I wonder if it was just because it was a change from what I had been doing. In any case, I'll be up in weight tomorrow at my WI, so that's not a great way to reach my goal this year. Today will be a great day. I pointed out a candy bar I HAD to have last night and put it in today's count so I have overused 10 extra points. I'll have zero point foods today and make it work. I am also very satisfied, slept well, and am not starving. I don't want to credit all of that to a candy bar, but who knows????

Gail, keep warm and keep on keepin' on!
Nancy, say something about yourself so we get to know you.
For me, I'm a retired elementary teacher from NY. I have a husband and 3 adult kids. I have been "watching my weight" every year since I was in college. I give this journey a lot of effort, and then I go off track. Working very hard to do better this year. Of course that dopey candy bar may make me sound insincere, but I needed it at the time and I'm moving on. I enjoy WW's primarily because I've got a group of supportive friends. My coach is a terrific woman only a bit younger than myself. I consider her my friend as well.

Okay, : and : to all who chime in here. CeeJay, would love to hear from you again too!

Judy
Old 01-28-2020, 03:24 PM   #27  
Work in Progress

Good morning/afternoon/eve? Not sure where everyone is on the time zone wheel LOL
WI up 1.6 lb this morning with not explanation at all, however I did make the ww granola recipe last night and at almost both servings....and going to make more tonight darn it!
WO was good upper body free weights today along with my 30-35 min cardio on the elliptical (I enjoy lifting free weights vs the machines at the gym...my 'wing span' is not as wide as men so using the machines are too much of a challange.

Hi bandit2 (gail) nice to meet you! Guess you and Itry (judy) have been on this forum together for a bit and yep my first name is nancy

hmm about me eh?
I am not retired-LOL- yet. I am the mother of 3 adult daughters, (2 married, 1 (sadly) separated) with 5 grandchilden. I was a foster parent for 10 years. I have been struggling with my weight since my late 30's early 40's when I began taking medication for high blood pressure and have never been able to get myself back to where I once was. Of couse menopause, hysterectomy, medication and just slower modtabolism does not help!
I am married (twice) my current DH and I have been married 23 years....and not to say anything bad but think we are set in our ways sometimes
I have tried them all (diets) it seems, but I am currently doing ww purple which I like.... and can't believe I am paying to be weighed but if it keeps me on track so be it. I do have to watch my starchy foods and sodium. I have about 30lbs to go to be at goal and plugging at this since before Christmas and making little to know headway....my WI are Saturday morning too

back later for more

Last edited by nancylmrn; 01-29-2020 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-29-2020, 03:03 PM   #28  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I had my usual Wed. WI and was up 1#. I will count that as the program, working. I had that crazy candy bar late on Monday night, then had mostly zero point foods on Tuesday. I may just be able to make this Purple Program work just fine.

Did lots of errands today. Nothing exciting, but our NY weather has been terrific so far this winter and we're almost thru January.
Take care. Do well. Keep in mind why we're doing this. If I lost 40# this year, I wouldn't be at WW goal, but I'd be happy with that weight and feel a lot more acceptable to myself.

and : Keep up the good work!
Judy
Old 01-29-2020, 04:07 PM   #29  
Work in Progress

Hello Turtle(s)
WI the same as yesterday boo hoo, but boy am I enjoying the ww rolled oats granola! I am watching my portions
WO was ok, had to drop the weights while doing squats, my knee was screaming at me to stop it and leave well enough alone

Today is just a normal work day and I pop in here between phone calls and duty stuff LOL
Typcial winter day here mild weather if you don't count the rain!

back later
Old 01-30-2020, 08:34 AM   #30  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I'm in NY and Eastern Standard Time.
Looking forward to a great day today. Meeting friend in morning, then book club at noon. Our book club meets at a local pub and the food is so so good. Luckily their salads are great and today I think I'll have a tiny side salad for lunch with a shrimp cocktail. Right now that sounds delicious.
Sending : to everyone to and and :
Take care!
Judy