View Poll Results: what colour is your hair? (spot the recurring theme here!)
black 1 4.00%
brown 9 36.00%
dark blonde/light brown 9 36.00%
blonde 5 20.00%
red 1 4.00%
grey 0 0%
bald/other 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2001, 11:44 AM   #16  
Scotland's finest export

Default just click on smilies!

click on smilies (where you see the smilies on the bit on the left underneath forum rules when you are posting your reply). or go to this web page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/misc...on=showsmilies

maltesers are divine. circular balls of light honeycomb covered with milk chocolate. mmmmmm. i'll bring lots of chocolates to our meeting up session (if we get round to having one!!).

i went to the gym and i started a running programme. today was jog for a minute, walk for a minute and a half and do this for 20 mins. felt good. eventually i'm going to be zipping along with lolly at our next 5k!!

i wanna reply more but i suppose i should do some work (even though the big cheeses are on an away day today so most folk are sitting around chatting!).

speak laters,
kirsty
Old 03-14-2001, 11:49 AM   #17  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default HELP....

I am starving. I can't eat anything because I WI in about 45 minutes. My poor tummy. I am chewing on gum now!!
Old 03-14-2001, 11:58 AM   #18  
Scotland's finest export

Default drink water drink water

jen - drink lots of water, and then make sure you go get rid of it all again before WI! should give you something to do!

lori - i just sent you a PM.

kirsty
Old 03-14-2001, 12:24 PM   #19  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default Sick CHick!

Hey girls! I hope no one minds but I think I am getting that flu that everyone's getting and I feel disgusting, so I am heading home for the day. I apologize for not responding to the posts, In fact there are so many that I didn't even get a chance to read them all. I wanted to let you know though that I had WI todayand I lost 2# I am excited b/c to be honest I didn't stay OP really well. The only reason that I mention that is b/c I exercised a lot and I wanted to encourage all of us that exercise helps sooo much. Goal #2 is to stay OP and then the results will be even better!
Well on my way to video store and heading home! I am such a baby when I am sick!
Have great days girls and I will attempt to catch up with the posts tomorrow!
Love
Becky
Old 03-14-2001, 01:06 PM   #20  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Heeeeerrrrrrrreeeeeee's Stacey!

Isn't this a cute smiley???
Ha ha I wanted to sound like Ed McMahon introducing
Johnnie Carson. Thanks to everyone and their well-wishes!
Yep, I'm feeling much better. I went home and went to bed although it was 70 degrees outside!! I didn't even feel like sitting outside. My doctor called me and asked how I was feeling. I went to see him on Friday and didn't have too much wrong of anything. So, then when I started feeling like crippity-crap yesterday, I called and left a message for him. He prescribed Methylprednisolone. Yep, Steriods...well a cortico-steriod. It was what I took when I had mono. Usually if I have the crud and I have a singing engagement, I'll go get a shot of cortizone and feel better within the hour. The only problem is I can get one of those twice a year! So, I have to plan my battles. I still have some chest congestion and I'm coughing a little, but at least the 2 ton gorilla sitting on my sinuses went home!
Well, I need to eat lunch so I can take my medicine.
Have wonderful afternoon, I'll be around lurking and posting whenever I can. I'm going to WI tonight since I missed it yesterday. I feel pretty good. I did eat pizza on Monday night, but I didn't eat much of anything yesterday.
Ok, I'm rambling whilst my tummy is growling.
I'll be back (spoken in Arnold form)
Old 03-14-2001, 01:24 PM   #21  
Believe it & Achieve it

Default quickie post

Kirsty, yes that is what I was referring to. It was sooo disgusting, they were describing the whole incident in detail, and there was one lady on there (from England) where that happened to her four month old son. They has several cases on there from the US and what is shocking is that it is not uncommon! UGH. :sick:

I had subway last night! Dh really wanted to have dinner out, so I ate at subway while everyone else had McDonald's yeah for me! I managed to bank 3 excercise pts last night. I am very happy. Well, just wanted to check in really quickly. I am still on the hunt for that blasted tape measure! I will check back in soon.

Emily
Old 03-14-2001, 01:27 PM   #22  
Believe it & Achieve it

Default by the way....

how are you guys getting to the smilies legend, the link I was clicking on is no longer coming up when I go to post.....just curious! TIA
Old 03-14-2001, 01:59 PM   #23  
flibbertobbergenie!

Default Anda, chicas!

Hi Guys! Yup, I´m back, I just paid the rent on my apartment today and it was only 2/3 of what they told me before (long stay deal, I think) so I have decided I can afford to come and check e-mail as often as I like. Huzzah!

You guys have been so busy posting it´s taken me nearly half an hour to catch up! Believe me, this is a Good Thing, it`s weird being here and not knowing anyone and I couldn´t believe how much I was looking forward to coming in and finding out what had been going on. Getting lots of work done though, and today I spent 2 hours shopping in the Corte Inglés (biggest Spanish department store) and Marks and Spencers (sad but I lurked in the food hall to remind me there´s somewhere I can go if I need familiar food). But I did do work as well, honest!

All that talk of Subway is making me STARVING!!! There is a Subway in my home town but it opened after I left so I never went there. In Oxford, the sandwich thing is an art form - there are stacks of little independent sandwich shops and they will all do exactly what you ask, hot fillings, cold fillings, all sorts of bread. And they have home made cakes too but that´s not so good ...

Aw, Stacey, hope you´re feeling better soon. Did you say you have a singing engagement? I know you´ve said before, but what kind of stuff do you sing?

Becky - you too, stay in bed and look after yourself. And yay! on the 2lbs down!

Lisa - we haven´t met, so welcome! And I´ve heard so much about Trader Joe´s, I even looked up their website a while back. Maybe we should encourage them to expand into the UK ...

Brenda, woo-hoo! on going to WI (you are going, right?). I can´t believe your office have sweets everywhere, that´s so rank. I´d die! I ate the last cake today and no more appeared so maybe I´ve exhausted the cake fairy´s supplies (this is a Good Thing).

Steph - you´re right, this is a great place to run. It´s fun to explore new places. And I like going early in the morning because there are fewer people around to point and stare at the red-faced puffalump! And Kirsty - YAY! on the new running programme. Are you def going to join me on a 5k? Raceforlife? Happyhappyhappy, it´s so much more fun doing it in company (as the actress said to the bishop ...)

Jen - everything crossed for you for WI today. And YAH! to the nasty saleslady, don´t you just love it when a piece of clothing looks better and better?!

Kay - 20lbs is not to be sniffed at! I know how you feel about the plateau, I hit the worst one before Christmas. Someone might have suggested this already, but try mixing up your food routine - different stuff, different combinations, etc. Worked for me!

Lori - we haven´t met either, have we? Hellooooo! Good luck for WI tonight.

Ali - I only just booked for my first smear as well. Naughty I know but I kind of assumed someone would write and tell me to have one. Eek! on the Prof being there ... it´s the same at my doctors, they´re the College doctors so all the profs go there too. ANd the nurse´´s surgery is right off the waiting room so last time I went I was convinced the Tutor for Graduates (sitting right outside the door) could hear everything. WOrse for him though, I suppose ...

Lola - stress eating? I am so bad. It´s always carbohydrates. I hate that feeling when you realise you´ve just stuffed half a loaf or a lump of cake or whatever and didn´t even taste it. I drink water. And tea. And eat satsumas. And sometimes (new thing!) I go for a run. Sounds like we all go through it ...

Well, this has been monster, so to all those I missed, SORRY and HUGS, and I´ll be back tomorrow,

love
Lolly
xxx
Old 03-14-2001, 02:53 PM   #24  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Hey!

Very frustrating morning. I don’t deal well with people who cop attitudes. I let it effect me way too much! Have got the major munchies, just trying to go a little longer before eating lunch.

Kirsty: Malteasters sound sort of like malted milk balls. If it’s anything similar I love them!!!

Becky: Way to go on 2 pounds down! Take care of yourself!!

Stacey: I’m glad you are feeling better. Throw some of that 70 degree weather my way will ya?

Lolly: NO MORE CAKES – even if they do show up Glad to hear you are having such a great time. Yes, I am going to WI. I know I am up from last time and hopfully they didn’t inactivate me. I’ll just pay again if I have to ‘rejoin’ I feel like such a bafoon for missing so many mtgs. It’s the first time I’ve missed more that a week though. Can you tell I’m trying to make myself feel better?

Good to know I’m not the only one whose stomach is noisy! I guess I should go fix my salad now. It’s not sounding as good now as it was this morning.
Old 03-14-2001, 02:55 PM   #25  

Default I DID IT..............

WI went wonderful..... I lost 1.8 pounds. Total shocker!!!! I was so excited. I am noy .6 pounds from my 10 pound star!!! I did not like the meeting tho. That is why I quit going on Wednesdays and I am glad I did. My Saturday Leader is much better! The only problem is that Sat. can be hard for me to make sometimes. I decided that if I can't make my Saturday meeting, I will only weigh on Wed. and leave!!!

Tonight we are having wonderful pizza and I will have to exercise BEFORE I get to eat any!

Happy Dance Happy Dance.... No wonder my dress fits better.... I LOST!!! Now I have to NOT gain any while I am gone the next 2 weeks.

TA TA
Old 03-14-2001, 02:58 PM   #26  

Default BRENDA

Good Luck at WI.... I am proud of you for going back! YOU GO GIRL!
Old 03-14-2001, 03:49 PM   #27  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default I am over points

I went to this political lunch thing and I am now over points. It is so frustrating and I did not even eat that much. It just feels like if I eat just 1/10th of what everyone else in the room is eating that I have been bad and blowni it. I am sorry. I am just really upset with myself right now.

And I don't even have time to type a proper message to eveyone. So I will say congrats to all you who lost, and welcome to all you new people.

I hope to have some time tomorrow to post more.

Trish
Old 03-14-2001, 03:56 PM   #28  
Go Avalanche!!

Default TRISH!!!

The PM said I had too long a message (I sent you a shorter one), but maybe this will help others too??

I have no idea how I got my motivation today to be honest with you! It's a fragile thing though. I did break down and have a mini Milky Way from my boss' desk. You would think after 2 1/2 years I could get my butt in gear and master this. I'm going to really pour through my WW material and try to use the Tools For Living. The last time I did that it really helped. I'm trying very hard to put variety back in my food too. The exercise is really hard for me b/c I don't enjoy it. I get so tired and discouraged with it. I feel really guilty b/c Nestle needs to be walked EVERY DAY! I just can't get up in the morning. It's like I am possessed by the snooze button. I know we can do this girl, I think we let the set backs have too much effect on us. I really want to succeed at the Self Challenge, so I just keep telling myself I will do it. My new PartyLite leader is really focused on positivity. Don't use negative words, don't give in to negative thoughts. It was annoying for awhile, but I finally started to embrace her technique and it really does work. I just need to apply it to WW now.

Jen: WOOOHOOOO on the loss!!! I'm so excited for you!

Last edited by Brenda N; 03-14-2001 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-14-2001, 04:47 PM   #29  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Brenda N : I like your attitude. I also like that I'm not the only one who goes through these things. None of my friends really have a weight problem, and sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who battles with this every day. it's good to know I'm not alone.

To All:

You know what I was just thinking. What's so funny... or ironic, is that all of us on this board probably know more than anyone what it takes to lose weight and be healthy - yet we have problems getting there.

My friends eat 3 donuts without blinking because they don't know that 3 donuts is more than half of their daily calorie allowance. Yet I'm fully aware. But at the same time, my friends could walk in a party full of finger foods and not blink because they are busy socializing and don't even realize the food's there. Maybe that's the difference. I am always fully aware of food. Whether I'm aware of it in a negative way (not keeping it out of my mouth) or a positive way (knowing the nutritional info, etc).

Like if I'm in a meeting and someone brings in a snack tray, I start thinking about that snack tray and when will they take a break. Whereas I'll look over at my co-workers and they don't seem to notice. Even now, while I'm on-program and I don't visit that snack tray, I'm fully aware that it's there and seem to have a hard time not thinking about it.

Wow - it sounds like I'm a total cow... I'm just trying to be honest I guess. I'm just saying that even when I'm on program and know to pass up the snacks, etc - I still find that I have to concentrate and really focus on NOT eating them. I wonder if that will ever go away.

Lisa
Old 03-14-2001, 04:49 PM   #30  

Default Hello

Hi Ladies,

I'm finally getting a chance to post a little.

Brenda- that was a great post. I know exactly how you feel. I work 12-9 and for a couple of weeks I would just sleep until I had to go into work and get nothing done. I felt like such a laxy mope But now I have started to wake up with my bf and I get tons done in the morning and it makes me feel all the better to know I was productive. You will come out of this soon. Just take it one step at a time.

Lisa- I know exactly what you mean. My friend who is 5'7 and 125lbs tells me I am a dictionary of diets amnd calorie counting. Then she tells me something like her goal for the day is 5000 calories and 200 grams of fat. She's great and I love her but you are right. We know more than anyone yet we struggle. I read a book once that said sometimes you keep your fat layer as protection and it's harderr to part with it than to just keep it. Good book by Geneen Roth; she writes books about compulsive eating.

Today work was crazy and it;s not over for another 4 hours I'm waiting for someone to come in and then I can eat my subway sandwich.....I don't remember who was saying that they were addicted to them or got them a lot, but I know exactly what you mean. But I feel good about them because I can get some vitamins from all those veggies.

Okay, good lucj to all that are weighing in and hi to everyone.

Last edited by Suz78; 03-14-2001 at 04:55 PM.
Closed Thread