View Poll Results: what colour is your hair? (spot the recurring theme here!)
black 1 4.00%
brown 9 36.00%
dark blonde/light brown 9 36.00%
blonde 5 20.00%
red 1 4.00%
grey 0 0%
bald/other 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2001, 04:54 PM   #31  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Whoo-hoo!

I'm joining the losers club today! I was down a pound at WI today. I would have loved more, but after gains the past two weeks, I'll take it. I hope I'm heading downward once again! I had gone back over my 20 pound mark, but I'm below it again. On to 25!

I displayed enormous willpower last night, very unusual for me. I went to dinner with friends last night, and instead of getting the bad-for-me steak sub I always get at this restaurant, I got quesadillas instead. And I didn't even like it too much so I only ate half. My willpower today wasn't as good. There were cookies on the counter and I had one!

Congrats to Kay and Jen! Kay, remember a loss is a loss! Someone told me to think of it this way: even .2 is a stick of butter melting away.

Subway is yummy! I usually get the 6-inch seafood sub, which is 9 points. I didn't know that steak and cheese one was only 7 - I'll have to try it!

Well, girls, I need to get going. I'll try and come back later!
Old 03-14-2001, 05:05 PM   #32  
Juliehere :-)

Default Hello...

It's been a long day....and it's only 2 ! I have WI tonight....I think I will be fine

Congrats to all the losers !

Hello to everyone....some great reading for me today....it has helped my mood :-)

Just a thought....I noticed that there was a banner on the page that said "please help support 3fc" I clicked on it and it sple about the cost of the site, etc. I think this is a great site....I contributed. any bit helps....if you have a chance, click and read about it :-)

Have a great day....have to get to a meeting....I can't win..either I complain b/c it is slow...or complain when I can't even have a minute to really post ! go figure

jules
Old 03-14-2001, 05:12 PM   #33  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Down with Rosie???

I forgot to add this earlier. I was watching the Rosie show yesterday and found out she started WW. The only problem is she was talking bad about it!! She kept saying how she was always starving and she just didn't know if she could do it. I thought about sending her (or the show) an email about all of our sucesses. (how the heck do you spell that word?!) Hmmm. I just couldn't help but get angry with the fact that there are probably a lot of people watching her show who are overweight and toying with the idea of WW. Well, if Rosie can't do it, then neither can I. I hope their not thinking that!!!
Oh well, I just had to get that off my chest. I think I WILL send her an email. I'll let you know!
Have a great afternoon. I'm off to WI in an hour!!
Old 03-14-2001, 05:30 PM   #34  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Huh?

Rosie started WW? I don't think I ever heard that one. Are you sure?
Old 03-14-2001, 05:32 PM   #35  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Well, she had the book yesterday. She said "she bought the book" and had the complete food guide in front of her. She was making fun of antelope and bear and beaver meats. How they are all one point. I was mystified. SHe didn't come out and say WW but she did say points. I also went to her website and didn't see anyway to email her.
Old 03-14-2001, 05:34 PM   #36  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default My opinion on Rosie...

I think that Rosie has had so many years of bad eating, that when she started WW and had to actually be accountable for what she ate.... she realized she was eating too much. Come on, who wasn't hungry when they first started! The reason we got fat is because we ate too much! So we have to reprogram our minds to be full at an acceptable amount! Honestly... Rosie is a whiner and I really don't think she wants to lose weight. I think she is being pushed into it!! I didn't see the show... but that is my opinion on Rosie. I do think she is a funny gal, but all this weight loss mumbo jumbo that she keep throwing around is getting old! You gotta just do it!!!

Kim.... YAHOOOO on the loss! You go girl!!! I have had those aweful weeks of gains too and my loss today really put me on top of the world. I only hope I stay grounded enough to not get into the "I lost so I can eat whatever I want mode"!!!

25 minutes and I am home bound!!!

Oh... PS note.... Since Belle started her "Belle Time" kick, I have been trying to do the same! I am getting myself to stay up 30 minutes later so I can enjoy so quiet time! I don't get much of that until AFTER Emma falls asleep... so I need to make the time whenever I can. It really helps with keeping your mind fresh! I do my crafts or read or even (I know, this is wrong!! )... clean the house!!!!

Have a great evening!!!
Old 03-14-2001, 05:39 PM   #37  
Eve's Mom

Default Rosie...

I heard that today as well!! I didn't see it or anything....hey, up here it isn't completely uncommon to eat those animals, though not my first choice.

And I too tried to visit her site to see if I could email there. But lets face it, Rosie is a big quitter, she never really loses and keeps it off, after all, she lost for Flintstones and gained it right back.
A role model she ain't!!!

That does piss me off, I mean after all, we have ALL had success on this program - god, Ali is down like 80 lbs!!! I mean, we ROCK. Together we probably have lots a whole little league soccor team!

That's lame......Rosie needs some talking to.

I have to run to a meeting again, I will try to post later

OH YEAH - and how do I get the smiles? There isn't anything for me to click on (unless I am BLIND!)

KO - come out and play - or email me!

Belle
Old 03-14-2001, 05:42 PM   #38  
Eve's Mom

Default Belle Time

Is good! Jen time is good too!! good for you - I have really been growing alot the past few months and I learned that I really do need my time and my space too!!

Gotta header!

Belle
Old 03-14-2001, 05:44 PM   #39  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Smiley Info

Belle: Click on the word "smilies" when you are posting. Then it should pull up.
I hope this works, so how does antelope taste? Heck for one point per serving, I'll try anything!
Have a great evening!
Old 03-14-2001, 05:47 PM   #40  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default I found a Rosie email

[email protected]

I dug into the site a little more. I also sent an e-mail about our group and how we are "doing it" despite all the challenges we face!!!! We'll see if they get the hint! I didn't mention anything about Rosie possibly being on WW.... Because I know that won't last, I truely believe you have to want it for yourself!!

Belle... that dog still cracks me up!! Look on the left on the screen... it says "Smiles are ON".... click on smiles and it will take you to the smile code. Then copy and paste the code for the smile you want!!

10 minutes... I am gone. YAHOOOO... Wednesday is PIZZA night! (When I was PG, almost every Wednesday we had Pizza because I always craved it (still do!!).
Old 03-14-2001, 06:03 PM   #41  
Believe it & Achieve it

o.k. I finally got the smilies to work, for some reason the legend would not pop up on our computer. :P
and that is what I think of that! LOL.

In my opinion Rosie is way to loudmouthed and obnoxious. So I guess I would have to say that to me her opinion doesnt really matter anyway. I just hope her veiwers don't take her bad attitude to heart!
I've never had beaver meat but Elk is really good and is one point. Since my FIL is an avid elk hunter we do end up with our fair share. Sometimes I think it is much better than hamburger because it is not as greasy. just my opinion anyways.

well, still cannot find that tape measure. I am about ready to head out the door and buy a new one. I know what happened to it. It's my two legged whirlwind of a son named Bradley. LOL.

I'll check back in later....

p.s. Belle and Jen I've been doing the Emilytime thing to. Much needed in my opinion to keep from having a breakdown!
Old 03-14-2001, 06:15 PM   #42  
Eve's Mom

I like the dog enough not to change him if I get a pick of me, he is so funny....

Okay, here I am trying the smilies

Belle
Old 03-14-2001, 06:34 PM   #43  
Parrothead

Default Rosie....

When I saw the topic of Rosie I had to chime in. She is way too annoying to be on TV. If she is knocking the WW program than it just proves how little she knows about the subjects she speaks of. That is my biggest pet peeve of her. I used to like watching her a couple of years ago but then she started on topics that she knows nothing about. I'll leave it at that. I like Oprah much better. My DH jokes and calls her "okra" because he thinks her name sounds like that veggie.

Does Elk taste like deer? I love game. My DH hunts and all of my favorite male friends hunt, so we usually have it around. It tastes so much better than the stuff in the store and it doesn't have all the fats and hormones either. I also like wild pig and quail. In fact one of my favorite dishes is bacon wrapped stuffed quail. soooo yum (I hope I didn't gross anyone out )

I think I need some Kay time tonight. I might even try exercising (gasp!). I have had such a no good, very bad, day at work (I know ya'll see a pattern). On a good note I did order my GMAT prep books, so I might have a way out.

GREAT JOB ON ALL OF THE LOSSES! We have had a great WW week!!!!!

Last edited by TxAggie; 03-14-2001 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-14-2001, 06:41 PM   #44  
Believe it & Achieve it

Default Kay....

Yes, Elk does taste like deer. It is very delicious. Gotta run for the evening see you all tommorow.
Old 03-14-2001, 07:28 PM   #45  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Silly, silly me

Ha!

Stacey, I somehow misunderstood your post and thought you said Rosie was claiming to have STARTED WW, as in formed it! Whoa! Where is my brain? I'm really not an airhead, momentary lapse of sanity!

But on the topic, I think it's really wrong for Rosie to badmouth something she probably doesn't understand. People do look up to her, and when she's undermining something that's worked for hundreds and hundreds of people, that's very poor judgement. Jen, I'm glad you sent the email. I think we all should, to show her that her words touched a lot of people. (and who knows, maybe she'll put us on her show as SUCCESSES! )

OK, gotta run home and tape the West Wing, and maybe Survivor, too. Then I have to come back and work late on this danged story that I can't seem to finish!
Closed Thread