Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 08:07 AM   #1  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Tuesday...but feeling like it's Monday!!!

These four-day weeks in the US are kind of a treat...I feel so much like it's Monday and then boom!...on Thursday it will be Friday! Make sense? Yeah, it's early, I'm not sure if it even makes sense to me.

Haven't posted in a week or so because of lots of busyness -- I have two weeks off and I'm really making the most out of my time with my Aaron-boy -- but I've been pretty good about keeping up with things.

Laura, I hope someone finally showed up at your house to make your patio beautiful -- you deserve it.

As for everyone else, come post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2003, 08:28 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Back at work and feeling a bit tired. Long wknds are so wonderful but getting back into the swing of things is the pitts. I actually onlly have a 3 day work week this week! Iworked so much overtime last week that I get Friday off!! I am soooo thrilled b/c Monday is my b-day and originally I wanted that off but couldn't take it so I figure Friday will be my pretend in my head b-day. Keep it on the DL I am a bit smiley crazy today forgive me.

Had a great wknd. A slew of people came over yesterday and DH grilled. Eating wise not so great. I managed to just have 1/2 of a hamburger and some corn BUT the desserts mmmmm. Oreo something, banana cream pie, brownies, cookies. Ok and don't ask me which I had b/c I had some of all by then end of the day Friday Dh and I mmm what did we do????....Wow I am tired. Oh we looked at a house that I didn't like, small kitchen, Yuck! and we went to Outback. I couldn't resiste 2 days in a row. I LOVE their queensland chicken salad. mmmmmm. Sat we went to dinner, the mall and saw Bruce Almighty. It was hilarious! So needless to say I ate too much this wknd. How about everyone else.

Oh I forgot to mention that Dh and I received 2 more late wedding presents. I suddenly LOVE procrasinators A George Foreman Grill which we already have but this is the big daddy jumbo size so I think we will keep both and a George Foreman Roaster. I cannot decide if I will actually use this. Please give me your opinions.... Would you use one???? For what?? ETC.

Jayne-Hi I missed you last week. Glad all is going well AND I get what you mean about short work weeks so either were both tired and making sense to one another or it makes sense.

Well I guess I should work. I will bbl.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:49 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Cool Hello!!

Yep, the long weekends are nice, and the short weeks aren't bad, but coming back to work after a long weekend is the pits!!

My weekend was totally non-productive and I'm kind of frustrated. Saturday, my sister graduated from college, and I didn't mind devoting my entire day to that because I planned on having the rest of the weekend to get other stuff done. Sunday, my sister came over and we made a big breakfast (around 1 in the afternoon), and I kind of thought she'd leave after that, but instead she, her boyfriend, and one of her friends just layed around on my couches all day. I didn't want to be a rude hostess, so I didn't get anything done, again. Yesterday, Aaron asked me to go to a family Memorial Day thingy and we were there from 3 until 8, so I got nothing done yesterday, either. Today, I'm taking a half day of vacation to go with Aaron while he looks at apartments. I don't want to tell anyone this, but I'm really annoyed with everyone because I can't do anything for myself because I'm so busy doing stuff for everyone else.

Changing the subject, eating this weekend was OUT OF CONTROL!! Seriously, it was so bad that I can't even make myself go to WI tonight, even though I worked out everyday last week. So, I'll be good this week, and WI next week will be a success, I'm sure.

OK, I better get a little work done now... I'll try to stop back later!
Old 05-27-2003, 10:40 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Good morning Ladies!

I'm feeling so refreshed - I had 3 days off in a row from both jobs - I'm so relaxed that it is frightening!

Kim - how cool that you got to see the aircraft carrier go by - your job is so neat.

Lori - you work on a military base? I'll bet your some kind of secret super spy a la Alias

KT - good for you getting rid of the junk food - I wish I could do that - but it doesn't seem fair to not let CB have foods he likes because I can't control myself

Rina - 4.4! Wow! Those meetings are really helping you out. Congratulations!

Becky - I love my GF grill. What is a GF roaster?

Jess - I do love Subway. I eat there at least once a week. I also can't eat salads as a main dish 2 days in a row - they don't give me that "full" feeling and I end up overeating the 2nd day.

Jayne - 2 weeks off? You lucky duck! What are you doing with the time?

Well, I survived the ex-girlfriend's wedding. It wasn't our best moment as a couple though...we've agreed that to keep peace in our relationship that other than his younger sister, I will not be going to anymore big, formal, catholic, Filipino weddings.

On the bright side, CB felt so bad about the whole wedding experience that he spent yesterday mowing my lawn and putting together patio furniture.

Yup, you heard it. Patio furniture. Because the patio is finished. Correctly! Woo-hoo! Not my dream patio but certainly something I can live with and enjoy.

Eating wise did about what I expected this weekend. Went a little over points each day but nothing too bad. Yesterday actually was trickier than I expected - we borrowed a friend's truck to bring the patio furniture home - and at 3:30 CB told me he'd invited the couple to dinner at 5PM as a thank you. It wasn't the healthiest meal I've ever prepared but oh well.

Hope you are all having a good day.

Laura
Old 05-27-2003, 11:03 AM   #5  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Laura- Apparently the roaster is like his latest "thing". It says you can cook turkeys, roasts etc. but I am just not sure whether or not I will use it. I think I may keep it though. Yay for the patio!!!! Congrats on surviving the wedding and eating close to OP.

Jess- Sorry about the unproductive wknd. You need a Jess Time OUT. Go see a movie or veg or something.

Well back to work I go!
Old 05-27-2003, 11:51 AM   #6  

Good morning ladies.....

I had an interesting weekend. DH and I painted the garage which took all weekend. But I hardly ate, and walked a lot.

Last Thursday I went in to the Dr. cause I am having headaches lately, walked out pregnant......

I am due 1/23.

I gotta run, work calls. I will check back later!
Old 05-27-2003, 12:14 PM   #7  
A Yankee in Virginia

Long weekend? What long weekend? I was working yesterday, and the only reason I didn't post along with our Canadian friends is that I was so busy. I started at 9 a.m. and got home about 10 p.m. From Memorial Day events, to a missing sailor on one the homebound Navy ships, to police stuff, I was a busy girl yesterday.

But I will get a short week ... if all goes according to plan, I'm taking Friday off and DH and I are going to spend a day at the beach. I really hope nothing messes that up, since there's another Navy battle group homecoming this Thursday and I'm supposed to be involved in that.

OHMIGOSH! Tonya, I just read through your email! CONGRATULATIONS! As we say in the news business, way to bury the lede ...
Old 05-27-2003, 12:23 PM   #8  
Shopper Extraordinaire

AHHHHH! Tonya Congratulations!!! Were you trying??? I wasn't around to know whether or not you were. Well glad you had a good wknd. Fill us in on the details as you know them.

Kim- The beach I am sooooo jealous. I won't experience the beach here until July probably. I hope you are able to go!!
Old 05-27-2003, 12:59 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

I'm just about to go on my break but I had to say
CONGRATS Tonya!!!
I'll be back
KT
Old 05-27-2003, 12:59 PM   #10  
Canadian Chick

No time to post! Just wanted to say congrats to Tonya!! That's super exciting!
Old 05-27-2003, 01:31 PM   #11  
Cockeyed Optimist

CONGRATULATIONS TONYA!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!
Old 05-27-2003, 02:21 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

OK, I'm back. My wrist is sore so I'll try and keep this quick. I have tomorrow off to study for my final and then I write the final on Thursday morning. Keep your fingers crossed for me. My holiday plans have changed for the summer and now it looks like I'm going to Virginia. In August, should be hot. I'll be in Menassas (I can't spell it though.)
Jayne - It's nice that you have some time to spend with Aaron. Have fun.
Becky - a friend of mine has the roaster and cooks EVERYTHING on it. You could get a small roasting chicken, pork or beef roasts, you can do kabobs. If it came with a pamphlet it can give you some good ideas. Very yummy.
Jess - I hate weekends like that. Remember, it's OK to tell people you need to get some stuff done, it's not bad hostessing at all.
Laura - I'm glad the wedding went well. Did you look awesome!?!
Kim - I hope you spend some hugely relaxing time at the beach on Friday. Sounds nice.
Tonya - I said it earlier but yay congrats again.
Rina - two more sleeps!!!
KT
Old 05-27-2003, 02:58 PM   #13  

Hey everyone,

I'm lurking around today! I know I haven't been posting at all the last couple weeks, but I'm so far off track I don't really have anything to report except how much I've been eating and not exercising. I haven't even weighed in for a few weeks because I'm scared to see how much I've gained. Ahh, so frustrating. Well, I'm hoping my diet mojo comes back to me soon so I can get back into this crazy cycle.

Tonya congrats, that is great!!
Closed Thread