Old 06-09-2003, 09:05 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Monday

Monday sucks.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:14 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

I know I should be thankful that I get to see another day, but it's tough to be positive when you're tired, don't feel great, and the weekend wasn't long enough!!

So, how was everyone's weekend? I had a great POP Friday. Saturday wasn't so good--I hardly ate anything all day (small breakfast, small lunch and then napped), then Aaron and I went to the grocery store and got brats and macaroni salad. I ate three brats!! I don't feel bad because I had some banked points and some activity points. Yesterday, I didn't eat any breakfast, then had two sandwiches for lunch. On the bright side, the sandwiches were all I had for lunch. Dinner wasn't so good--it was broccoli in sauce on rice from a Chinese place. And three crab rangoons. My throat started hurting, so I got frozen yogurt from TCBY with Reese's PB Cups on top. But I don't feel too bad about things, because despite the fact that the weekend wasn't great, it wasn't as bad as the last couple of weeks have been.

Well, ladies, that's about all I know. I'll stop back in later to do some responding.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:32 AM   #3  
Cockeyed Optimist

Happy Birthday Kierie! Hope that you have a wonderful day!

Jess - I took a sip of water just as I read your description of the WATP weighted balls - I nearly spit it out all over my computer screen! I was reading your post from late Friday this morning and felt as though I could have written it myself. And while your weekend eating may not have been great - you did a great thing about it - you came here and were accountable for what you did eat. Me - I never would have had the cojones to mention it.

Generally had a good weekend - I only worked 4 hours this weekend! Friday we picked up our treadmill (still sitting in the garage - to heavy for us -oops) and bought a new lawn mower. Saturday was errands and work and Sunday was a few hours a yardwork and a few of housework.

I've been POP since Friday and am both excited by my success and terrified that I will blow it today as a "reward" for eating OP all weekend. I've planned to eat a few more points (healthy stuff) than I did the last 3 days in hopes that if I eat frequently I won't feel deprived and want junk.

I've also stuck to my exercise plan and been logging it on the form on my fridge. I have no choice but to stick to my plan now because I've caught CB reading it several times and he'll notice if I get off plan.

Will be back later to catch-up with everyone.

Laura
Old 06-09-2003, 09:34 AM   #4  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIERIE!!!!!!

You have a wonderful day, my fellow Gem, you DESERVE it!!!

Jess, I think that as long as you are honest with yourself about what you did to stay OP and what you didn't do to stay OP, then your weekend was a success. And it sounds like yours was! Did you and Aaron do anything fun this weekend?

Good morning to everyone else. We had a BORING weekend here -- stayed home and did laundry. Well, Saturday morning, little Aaron had his first swimming lesson. I refused to appear in a swimming suit and I was pretty glad after one lady showed up in a string bikini with half of her @ss hanging out (a good decision, Jayne!) so his Daddy went into the pool with him. He learned to kick -- it was pretty cute!

Today we have a playgroup where I would normally be worried about falling off the wagon since they all bring these treats like cookies, coffee cake, chocolate muffins, doughnuts, etc., but they are all completely enthralled by Atkins and pretty much think I"m a saint to eat no sugar or white flour or anything like that. And since I thoroughly enjoy the role of saint, I'm willing to play that part. So I'll bring a sugar-free treat with me and impress the heck out of them (although usually the hostess is very nice and has bacon or sausage ready for me).

How was everyone's weekend? Was everyone productive? Did everyone stay OP? Let me know!

Last edited by aaronsmom; 06-09-2003 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:37 AM   #5  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hey Laura-baby...we were posting at the same time. SOunds like you had a really productive weekend. I'm glad that CB is going to hold you accountable for your schedule...my hubby always is in the mind of me deserving a break because I work so hard and why don't I just go take a nap instead? Yeah, why doesn't he take a long walk off a short cliff when he starts with that crap?

Tell me about the current house projects you have going, Miss Laura Martha Stewart! (except without the indictment!) You always inspire me!
Old 06-09-2003, 10:01 AM   #6  
Scotland's finest export

Default happy birthday kierie!

hello jess, laura and jayne and all those about to post!
happy birthday to kier!
jess - excuse my ignorance, but what's a brat? over here it means a badly behaved child but i trust you weren't eating children... i imagine they are quite high in points
laura - hope the treadmill makes it out of the garage soon! staying OP all weekend is fantastic. just think how good you feel right now and how you'll feel even better if you get to the end of the week without blowing it. i think it's great CB is willing to help you keep on track. my BF is pretty good about eating healthily, but i reckon i should stop eating the same size portions as him, esp when it comes to rice and pasta (of which his portions are always huge!). but it's so hard not to demand my fair share!
jayne - did aaron enjoy swimming? i get really annoyed when girls wear impractial bikinis to the pool. you can't swim properly in them! plus string bikinis and toddlers aren't the best combination (as my sister found out when my niece kept pulling at the strings).
are you doing atkins at the moment? how long have you been doing it?
right. i'm in extra healthy mode this week. this morning i went to the supermarket before work and got a stack of fruit to nibble on (pears, apples, bananas, strawberries, raspberries, raisins) and lots of things to make nice salads at work (a variety of leaves, olives, tomatoes, mozzarella (light of course!), capers, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pine nuts, etc). plus i even got up early to do my yoga tape, and it is unheard of for me to do exercise on a monday morning. i've got a wedding back home in scotland this weekend so i think part of me wants to ensure i'm in tip-top form since i'll be seeing lots of old friends and family. and then BF and i are going travelling round scotland (off to the highlands and islands) - so no posts from me next week. it's going to be tough to watch my points since we'll be eating out all the time but i'm going to do my best to avoid the bad stuff. i'll let you know how i get on.
okay, enough about me. what have you all been up to?
kirsty
Old 06-09-2003, 10:33 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Well, first off happy birthday to Kier! Yay Kier - I know I missed some other b-days last week - do we ever have a bunch of June babies here! Well, belated b-day to all I missed and I hope your days are all terrific.

Kier - any plans????

Well, I am SOOOOO proud - I ran 5K yesterday in the Run for ALS. About 5 min in I got a cramp in my side so I wasn't v. fast - and I walked a bit, but I did it in 38 min. B/f was happy I had a cramp so he could keep up. He is thin and pretty fit but hadn' run in 5 years. He is super sore today !! Haha!! I am glad for it.

I'll totally do it again!!

And Saturday I took my mom (with b/f) to Banff for her b-day. She had a blast. We were there for hours and hours. I'll scan some pics tonight and post.

OH - CIRQUE DU SOLIEL!! It was AMAZING!! We saw Alegria. and it was the best entertainment I have ever seen in my life. If any of you Canadians have a chance (all sold out in Calgary but I think still tix in BC) go see it - even if you aren't a circus person, as I am not. No animals in it either (unless you count the strongman!). It was cool and the music was unreal. And I have seen a lot of musicals in my life - big ones too - but the music here was some of the best I've heard live. I bought the CD.

The contortionist was freaky though.

OOOOO tonight I am going to the spa with my co-worker/friend. We are getting a manicure and pedicure at the Hyatt stillwater spa. I think it should be amazing!! (I hope). I haven't had either in a couple of years and we thought we needed some pampering.

WEll, I have only a few days until I got (well three weeks) to NB and it seems like only a few days with work - I might not be around a lot due to work overload....but I'll check in!!

Hey Jess- chin up - the weekend will never be long enough for us- unless we move to Holland and have 3 day weekends every week!!

Laura - you go girl! You sound really ON I am sure you'll do well with your extra points....

Ah, St. Jayne - have fun at your playgroup today!!

Kirsty - she means Bratwursts I think!! Not naughty kids....but that would be really amusing! I am with you on the bikini thing! Oh, I forgot to share - I bought my first tankini!! I was really excited b/c I haven't looked decent in them before....and I really needed a new suit, and I dreaded it!! Good for you for your healthy mode -not that you aren't in super healthy mode all the time anyway (short of a few drinks!). Thanks (if I didn't already thank you) for the runing link!!

Well, must go to work - meeting in 9 min with boss...have a good OP day!!

BBL!!
Old 06-09-2003, 12:04 PM   #8  
Cockeyed Optimist

Kirsty - can I come to your house? Sounds like you bought a ton of yummy food - I went grocery shopping too but didn't bring home nearly the delicious stuff you did.

Belle - CONGRATULATIONS! A 5K in 38 minutes - you go girl. If we don't "see" you before your trip - have fun.

St. Jayne - no major home projects going on right now. Our goal for this week is to get the treadmill out of our garage and into the house!

I agree with you girls on the swimsuit thing. Some suits are meant for swimming and some for laying on a chair at the side of the pool - the 2 should not be confused. I'm trying to find a swimming suit myself. My current one is a cheap tankini which I can no longer wear because the elastic is shot and it never did have enough support in the chest. Any suggestions on brands of 1 piece suits I can actually swim in?

I think I may have over done the exercise/yardwork yesterday - my legs are incredibly sore - plus I've been starving all day! I'm going to have to take it easy in my yoga class at lunch. Any cures other than rest and water for really sore muscles?

Laura
Old 06-09-2003, 12:31 PM   #9  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies

I finally had a chance to post today, it's been crazy at work lately (as always).

I had a fairly good weekend, which makes it a little easier to go back to work, instead of feeling like I didn't get a weekend at all and shouldn't have to work yet! Drove over to St. Louis Saturday night to see MacBeth in the park. FREE! I'm all about free - it was outside and excellent! Lawn chairs, blankets, bring your own drinks/food. (Of course they sell some too, but WAY more expensive!) So with that and seeing my family this weekend I'm in an excellent mood -- only four more days till Friday! And last Friday I weighed in, down 3 pounds from the week before. I think when I'm losing I go in spurts: one week I'll lose 2-3 pounds, and the next week I'll be up just a little or about the same. But it'll all even out over time, so I'm definitely okay with that.

Happy Birthday Kier!

Jess - hope you feel better soon

Laura - that's awesome that you're staying accountable by posting it all on the fridge. Sounds like a good plan!

Jayne - I'm so impressed that you can stay with it even while going to playgroups & things! You've got such a great attitude about it all!

Kirsty - I'm so jealous of your vacations -- all I have planned for vacation is canoeing, and while that will be great, I would LOVE to visit Scotland/England/Ireland to see everything. Have a great trip!

Belle - That's awesome that you did the 5K! I'm still working my way up to running, usually I'll only end up running when I'm really motivated or just tired of walking and want to get the exercise done with!
Old 06-09-2003, 12:59 PM   #10  
Proud Canadian

Morning all. Both supervisors are off today so I may not have much to do. Yay. I've been having weird dreams and not sleeping well lately. The people who live above me have gone on holiday and their son is not the most considerate as far as loud music and TV go and I haven't had the strength to knock on the door and say hey, tired person downstairs could you lay off with the noise for a few hours? Friday night it was until after midnight then nothing Saturday but it started early Sunday morning so I didn't get a nice LONG sleep like I wanted but I was very good for the weekend with exercise. My sister and I walked on Saturday night at a fund raiser for cancer and then sunday morning I got out my bike and went for a 20 minute walk to fill the tires and then went for a 20 minute ride. It's more than I've done for a while. I'm walking today on my lunch too. Now to get OP. I can do this.
Jess - PB cups are my weakness. I found an ice cream that has them right in it!
Laura - you will not blow today! You will continue to do great! CB can provide some incentive.
Jayne - sounds like a nice weekend. Swimming lessons are such fun for the little ones, I hope Aaron enjoyed it.
Kirsty - the brats thing, very funny. I laughed out loud. Sounds like you are totally on track for the week.
Belle - I LOVED my tanktini! I bought it before I lost any weight and now it is WAY too big so I'm looking for ways to alter it so I can wear it again. Thanks for the infor about CDC - I may check out tickets here.

and biggest of happy birthdays Kierie!!! Hope you're having a good day!
KT
Old 06-09-2003, 01:04 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Girls!
Wow I feel Like a celebrity!
This weekend was good
Saturday was POP in fact I modified this salad that i usually make and replaced pasta with chicken I will postit when i get a minute
Saturday BF and I went to macys to buy wedding gifts I bought my friend this Gorgeous china frame and he bought them an iced tea/iced coffee maker ( i want one myself) > am going to ask DS for it for my bday b/c the cardigan she bought me made me look like Busty Larue
Sat night he says to me "I was on the Can this morning (boys!) and I was thinking of just how I would do somethng" ie propose
I played it pretty cool but
Yesterday was the wedding
If you haven't been to a jewish wedding GO!!!!
it was soo beautiful the chupah (thing they get married under)
and theres a whole Ceremony where the groom gets to check if the bride is indeed the bride it was sooo cute as they hadn't seen eachother in a week
the food was fabu nd I gave myself the day off
everything had carbs in it and I wasn't going to be a carb teetotaler on the day of my best friends wedding
I also had a few Kamikazes mmmmmmmmm
as for the desserts I was good I had a choc covered icecream ball and one bite of everything on james plate

Star Your macbeth sounds great I'm all about free too
Belle! A 5K You are the Bionic Belle think of how far you have come in the last year gorgeous

Kirsty Great Salad! and even better sounding trip BF and I might be goign across the pond in the fall

Jayne playgroup sounds funa nd its awesome that they support your way of eating! as for the bikini girl if it was a normal 2 peice i can understand bt a string bikini at a kids swim class? BLURGH!

Laura you arse kicing Healthy Chick it sounds like you are doing great!
Jess my darling girl you are going to get back on that OP horse and Ride **** bent for leather to fitness woman so you slipped this is when you get to come back and Unzip a case of Jersey Whoopass (i'll let you borrow some) on your diet
KT you are a fitness Goddess!
As for my plans tonight is just a nice dinner with the fam Leg of lamb my favorite! and rorors making me cake white with choc frosting and raspberry filling I'm having one small peice
Bf is coming over later He has a meeting tonight
and Wednesday he is taking me out somewhere fabu for dinner
and he just sent me flowers we're also going to head over to my gym t get my membership for the summer.
as for my chicks we're all vacationing at bad times so I'm goign to have to orchestrate a few celebrations of my Greater 20s (sounds so much better than late)
Alright I have some Arse to kick
I'll Be back!
Love
Kierie

Last edited by KO; 06-09-2003 at 01:07 PM.
Old 06-09-2003, 01:35 PM   #12  
A Yankee in Virginia

Kier: Did I read that right? Your DF was thinking of ways to propose while sitting on the toilet? That is just too funny.

Go Belle! That's fantastic! I used to run. Then I tore my ACL playing soccer. Sniff. Sniff. Perhaps if I lost more weight I could run again.

Well girls, I think I might drag myself to a WW meeting. I just can't seem to motivate myself and can't seem to stop eating crap. Every day I tell myself I'm going to do better, but it never turns out that way. I had such crap over the weekend. Chinese for lunch on Saturday. Pasta with cheese and hamburger (a comfort food for me) for dinner. Sunday, lunch was Mexican. Then the leftover paster for dinner. And I just ate a personal pizza with BBQ chicken for lunch. Bad me. The only day I came close to doing well was Friday. I went to the gym, but only did the recumbent bike while reading my book. And I only spent about 20 minutes there. I did cook a healthy dinner ... brown rice with mushrooms, carrots and garlic ... with a few chopped cashews.

Ahh! I don't want to spend the money for WW but I don't know what else to do! I was able to do the program myself before my wedding but I just can't seem to get to it now.

I'm having a bad day, too. Jess, I don't feel well, either. I have a cold, allergies are awful and the headaches are back. I see a doctor next week though. I had to wait 2 months for the appt. since I'm new!

Hi girls ... hope I didn't bring anyone down.
Old 06-09-2003, 02:02 PM   #13  
Cockeyed Optimist

Angie - that play in the park sounds so cool. I'd love to do something like that.

KT- I sympathize with the inconsiderate guy upstairs. Had one of those once...bought a house to escape him.

Kier - sounds like you are having a wonderful b-day. Men are so strange - CB is forever coming out of the bathroom and making grand pronouncements - like it's the only place he thinks.

Kim - I got off track with WW.....it's taken me 7 months to get back on! You sound both concerned and unhappy about your current eating habits. If you can't afford to go to class can you do what I'm trying to do and have WW at home. I put a weigh-in record on the fridge were CB will see it. Would weighing in and reporting it to DH help you out?

Laura
Old 06-09-2003, 02:49 PM   #14  
A Yankee in Virginia

Yeah, DH would help ...if he was around. Our schedules are part of the reason. He works nights, so I eat by myself and I don't always feel like cooking for me. So I end up getting Chinese or some other crap. Or I comfort eat.

I know that's a sorry excuse. I do have my workout clothes in the car and I'm going to make myself go to the gym.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:32 PM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I'm on hold with the wter company
have been on hold allllll dayone of my metings unbeknownst to me was rescheduled so i waited around for 2 hours when I could have been playing in the sunshine! ah well
Yes Kim he's thinking about me in is library aka bathroom
Would there be anything w could do to help you with motivation?
Maybe we could all do a live chat thingie
or do you have AOL IM
My screen name is KieranOBrien
maybe we should have a weekly progress thread?
i dunno just tryin to help and to stay awake with ths dreary hold music
oh btw when I'm really too lazy to cook
I grab a bagged salad and some cheese. . .many nights that cheese has saved me from the jaws of takeout or those prudue already done chicken things maybe?

Laura I think Men look at the Throne as their Thinkin Chair
personally I do my best thinking/planning in the shower
Closed Thread