Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 11:54 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Talking Thursday Chatters

Good day everyone!

This thread is for everyone!!!!! Originially, just those weighing at WW on Thursdays would stop by the chat, offer suggestions and support. Now, we weigh on different days and don't all go to meetings. Come on in and join the fun.

How are y'all doing this Saturday? It's cloudy and cool here.

Dee, do you still have ice?
Maureen, where are you????

I really last night. I know better than bake a cake---even a Sweet Rewards Betty Crocker one that I used applesauce instead of oil in. (Get that sentence? )
I made it for the family. I had 2 pieces. This morning, I woke up so bloated and yucky feeling.
It's on the treadmill for me today!

Have a great weekend.
Tina
Old 03-01-2003, 05:11 PM   #2  
Susan

Good Afternoon,

Hope everyone is doing well today. I skipped weigh in this week because of TOM. Figured I didnt' want to get discouraged. Yesterday, all I wanted to do was eat chips, salsa and have a margarita or 3. We ended up having Taco Bueno for supper. I was good and didn't any chips nor margaritas. I had a taco salad instead. You know I wanted them so bad that I could taste them. I knew that if I gave in I wouldn't be able to control myself.

The weather here is cool and cloudy. It's actually a dreary day. We still have some ice from our ice storm on Tuesday and Wednesday. It never stays more than a day. It's strange to still see it.

For the last 2 days, I haven't used my walking stick. I even ventured out on errands day without it. My knee is feeling so great!!!!! It's so nice to be able to walk without pain these days.

Have a good evening.
Old 03-02-2003, 12:53 PM   #3  

Susan, I'm glad that your knee is feeling better. Mine have both been aching this weekend, not sure what that's all about. We went out for Mexican last night. Delicious! I had a shrimp quesadilla. It was the best thing that I've ever eaten at that restaurant, and I've never had anything bad there.

Tina, I rarely bake cakes because we never eat them. I guess that's a good thing. A few weeks ago I did make a pineapple angel food cake. It was good, but we ended up throwing quite a bit in the trash.

We have testing this week at school. Not looking forward to it. With 2nd graders, we read so much of it to them. With my coughing, it's going to be very interesting. I'll have water with me to help me get through it.

I can't get into the weigh-in thread. I'll try it one more time, then I'll give up for today.
Old 03-02-2003, 09:25 PM   #4  
Susan

Hi,
Tammy, we had testing on Friday. It was suppose to be Tuesday but we were out Tues & Wed. because of the weather. The kids were so wild on Friday!!!! I think testing is exhausting!!! Good luck with it.

Tina, Yum!!!! cake!!!!! I don't make it either. I'm not a big sweet eater unless it is candy. I love sour candies.

Hope ya'll have a great evening. Can you believe that we still have ice in our back yard? It will be gone tomorrow, but I can't believe that it has been there since Tuesday.
Old 03-02-2003, 11:43 PM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
I hope you teachers get all that testing done without any problems. I hope all the kids show up so you don't have make-ups.

Susan, I can't believe you still have ice. Oh, I like your picture of the bee.

Tammy, I've never had shrimp quesadillas. That sounds good!

I really blew the weekend. I had been doing so good drinking all my water. Yesterday, I had 3 diet drinks and today I just had 2 glasses of water. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day and I shall return to water gusseling.

Tina
Old 03-03-2003, 12:12 AM   #6  
Thursday Team

It must have been cake week for all of us. I made a cake with my daughter the other day too. But only keep 1/2 of it and gave the other 1/2 to my folks.

Susan way to go on not useing your walking stick...it's great to hear that you are getting around so much better these days.

We still have some snow on the ground, but its turning into mush really fast which makes for yucky mud! Its suppose to be like 45 tomorrow so maybe it will all melt away and even dry up a bit.

Tina those 2 glasses of water today were a start in the right direction... and yes, tomorrow is a new day!!

Have a great week all...
Old 03-04-2003, 02:24 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Happy Fat Tuesday !!!
I think this day should be renamed.

I hope everyone is having a great day. I'm about to go have some 0 pt. veggie soup. Tonight, I'm fixing jambalaya w/Healthy Choice sausage. Hey, you've got to have Cajun food on Fat Tues.

Tina
Old 03-05-2003, 10:20 AM   #8  
Just girl striving 4 thin

Angry hey guys!

I skipped this thread somehow...I need to go back to the beginning and check things out everyonce in a while and not rely on my e-mail to tell me y'all are posting. Tina cake does sound good Hey at least you used applesause!!! I know that bloating feeling **Isn't that a song~ oh yeah it isn't a bloating feeling :-)
Susan good for you to leave that walking stick behind!! How is testing going? My son is going to testing this week three days...a lot of school to miss. Boy it must be cold there to keep the ice around so long. My mil said the same thing she actually stopped running her vans (she drives people around that can't or doesn't drive for errands or to teh doc in Whichita Falls)
Tammy can we make shrimp Quis at home or is it one of those recipes that only restaurants can do? I apologize if I have already given you these recipes...I am forgetting who I gave what to...but hey I made that Taco SOup again last night...SO EASY and tastes great! Hey Tina any recipe for that jambalaya? Tina are you back on track? That is great for you to jump right back into it. Hey we all can not be perfect every day!!!
I am going to make another post with the recipes on it so you can copy ~ paste it on out of the computer with out my words!
DeeX what great will power to make a cake and then give half away....kudos to you!!! I understand that slush stuff...we get that every year here once things break up and the dogs stay at a perpetual soggy mess!!! kids too!! Well my little one is still not feeling well...high fever! Better go tend to him!! chat soon...

Last edited by Sheree~AK; 03-05-2003 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:21 AM   #9  

Smile Great recipes

Taco Soup
1 lb ground turkey (I used moose~leaner the better)
1 lg onion, chopped
1 can Ortega chilies, chopped
1 small can sliced black olives
2 lg cans crushed tomatoes
2cans pinto beans
1 can red kidney beans
1 whole kernel corn
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 pkg ranch dressing mix
2 cups water
Brown meat and onions in large soup pot. Add all other ingredients, including liquid. makes 14 cups (1 cup = 2 pts)

Turkey Chili (I use moose or buffalo)
In medium skillet, brown 3 oz lean meat. Add 1/2 can chili style tomatoes and 1/4 cup drained canned black beans. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 min.(4 pts) This is single serving size...double for 2! serve with rice and vegi.

BLT Pasta Salad
3 2/3 cups cooked large shell macs
4 cups cut-up tomatoes
4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
3 cups thin sliced lettuce
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp cider vinegar
1/2 cup fat free mayo
1/3 cup light sour cream
1 tbs dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl mix together the shell mac, bacon, lettuce and tomato
In a small bowl mix the sugar, vinegar, mayo, sour cream and mustard. Pour over the shell mac mixture, stir together and chill. (1 cup =3 pts)

Pistachio Dream Cake
1 pkg light cake mix
1 pkg sugar-free pistachio pudding
1 carton non fat vanilla yogurt 8 oz
3 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup diet lemon lime soda
Frosting
1 1/2 cup cold skim milk
1 pkg sugar-free pistachio pudding
2 cups light or fat free whipped topping
Combine cake mix, pudding, yogurt, egg white, vanilla (beat at low speed for a minute). Gradually beat in soda. Pour into a 9x 13 pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 30-35 min. Frosting mix the milk and pudding for 2 min folding the whipped topping. (cut into 20 pieces 1 piece is 3 pts)

Potato cheese soup
8 cups water
8 chicken bouillon cubes
1 pkg butter buds (2 tsp)
Bring to a boil, then add
18 oz red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
1 cup each chopped carrots, onion and celery
1 small head cabbage shredded
Bring to a boil, the simmer for 1 hour covered. Remove from heat and add 1 lb light Velveeta cheese in chunks. Cover and let stand for the cheese to melt stir and eat.(1 cup=2 pts)

Broccoli cheese soup
6 cups water
1 each chicken and beef bouillon cub
4 c (1 bunch) broccoli florets
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 cup chopped onion/celery/carrots (each)
ring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 40 min or until veggies are very tender. then add 2 cup skim milk, 1 pkg butter buds, 6 Tbs flour and 1 tsp salt mix together. bring to a boil simmer 5 min or sot hen remove from heat. Add 1 lb light Velveeta let set until melted stir. (1 cup=2 pts)

Pizza Soup
1 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 tsp vegi oil
2 cups water
1 (15 oz) can pizza sauce
1 cup fresh tomato, chopped
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1 oz pepperoni, chopped
1 oz crumbled sweet Italian sausage, browned
4 tbs part-skim shredded mozzarella per bowl.
In a large sauce pot, heat oil. Sauté mushrooms and onion until tender. Add all other ingredients EXCEPT CHEESEES. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 1/2 hour. Add parmesan cheese and stir. Place soup in bowls and place mozzarella on top of hot soup. (1 cup = 4pts)

Last edited by Sheree~AK; 03-05-2003 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:59 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Now I'm hungry!
Sheree, thank you for those recipes. I'm anxious to try the potato cheese soup. However, I don't the cabbage in it. That sounds strange.
Thanks again
Tina
Old 03-06-2003, 07:34 PM   #11  
Susan

Howdy,
Well it was a day!!!!! I'm so glad it is over!! Adults can so much like children it isn't funny. At least with kids you know they have a reason.

I went to counseling yesterday. I really think it is going to help. I just feel like I need to get my head screwed on right. I deceided that I deserve it!

One of my family's friend's husband died unexpectedly. He was only 35. Our friend had not yet told her husband that she was pregnant with their second child. They were also in the process of buying a new house. Her family and my family have been friends since I was 5. It just breaks my heart.

Ok, enough about me...

Sherree, the receipes sound great!!! Can't wait to try them!

Tina, how about you send some of that soup up here once you get it made

Tammy, did you survive testing? Ours is over with until the end of April. Then we'll have 4 more days of it. BOO!!!

Dee, how is the weather? Still snowing??

Hope everyone has a good weighin! I'll let you know tomorrow how I do.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:24 AM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Happy Friday to All

Susan, I am so sorry about your friend's husband. It's good she has a friend like you to support her at this trying time.

I didn't go weigh yesterday. I just know I've regained the 3.5 pounds I'd taken off. I'm sooooooo mad at myself for letting that happen. I know the correct choices but just go ahead and eat, eat, eat.

I hope everyone will post soon!!!!!! I miss hearing from ya.

Tina
Old 03-07-2003, 02:37 PM   #13  

Your welcome for the recipes...they are all good. The cabbage is in that one recipe...I checked on my original to make sure I didn't mess up. I didn't know what you were talking about Fat Tues Tina until I heard it on some tv show the other day.... I was a chatholic for 30 years too....it is the day before Ash Wed right?
Susan I am soooo sorry for your friends loss. How earth shattering. Sometimes it is hard to see the logic in the Lord but as time goes by the Lord will reviel the reasoning. I will keep you and her in my prayers! Have a good weekend all!!!
Old 03-07-2003, 03:36 PM   #14  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Well I just WI and I don't know if I beleive my scale or not but it says I am down 2 lbs! I didn't think I lost at all! I'll take it though. Auntie, I am so sorry to hear of your friends loss!! That would be so devestating! It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. My thoughts and prayers will be for her today. May the Lord bless her and keep her. Hope everyone else has a good WI this week. Have a good week end all....Sis
Old 03-07-2003, 08:26 PM   #15  
Susan

You guys are the best!! No we don't know what God has instore for us and don't always have to like what happens but I do believe that he makes sure that we are strong enough to surivive it. He always has a reason for everything. Thanks again!! Please remember to count your blessings and stop and smell the roses along the way.

Way to go Sis on your loss!!! That is great!!!!

Sherree, yes Fat Tuesday is always the day before Ash Wednesday. I like your new picture, Is it one you took?

Tina, you'll lose those couple of pounds. Hang in there!
Closed Thread