Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 05:37 AM   #1  
Andrew

Default Thursday, February 27

I lost 4.8 @ WI last night!!! 17 pounds gone forever, 53 to go. Kind of sucks when I look at it that way. I think I'll go with just "17 pounds gone forever" at the moment. I'm late for work because my ear aches so bad I got about three hours sleep so I slept in. We only have 2 patients in ICU at the moment so I think they'll survive. I'd like to crawl back into bed. I'll check the posts tonight to say hellos that I missed yesterday. Have a great day.
Old 02-27-2003, 09:15 AM   #2  
Cockeyed Optimist

Congratulations Robin! What an accomplishment!

Not much going on here. Went to a band concert last night to watch my cousin play and have to work 2nd job tonight. Tomorrow though I only have a half day of work - I'm so excited - only 4 hrs of work on Friday and I don't work on Saturday until 4PM - it is almost like having a weekend!

Hope that you all have good days.

Laura
Old 02-27-2003, 10:37 AM   #3  

Congratulations Robin! Did you do that on the "wendie" plan? That's the one where you vary your points each day, right?
Lori
Old 02-27-2003, 11:35 AM   #4  

Way to go Robin!! That is awesome!!

I have been trying the Wendie Plan this week too. My WI day is Sat morning, so I will see how I did.

I have been walking on my treadmill each night also. So, I am pretty much back in control, and it feels good!!

Had my yearly "appt" this morning and had my IUD removed, little crampy, but doing fine.

I have a test to study for at work today. School is going well, but I am glad I am only taking two classes, with working full time and having two kids (make that three with DH!) at home.

Well, better read the posts I missed, will check back later!
Old 02-27-2003, 11:45 AM   #5  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Morning Ladies. I'm not really supposed to be here, I'm supposed to be at work. But Aaron had other plans. THis morning, on our way out the door, he threw up all over the both of us. So I had to get a last-minute sub and here I am, with a day at home. Kind of nice the way it turned out.

THis last week at WI I managed to lose the 3 lbs I had gained the week before. It boggles my mind how you can put on then lose exactly the same amount of weight in two weeks. My new Walk Off the Pounds DVDs came in so hopefully that losing trend will continue. I also got a new yoga DVD and a bellydance DVD. Belle, I think of you every time I do that one. That's a really good strength building workout. It surprised me just how much it took to do the beginner's routine.

TOnya, I am proud of you for being back in control and going and getting your yearly done. I hate that appointment, and try to put it off as much as I can.

Hey Dr. Lori, long time no see! How are you feeling these days? Is your queasiness going away?

Laura -- what are you going to do with all of that time on your hands? My vote is call CB, rent some DVD's, lock the doors, and don't open them until you have to (except to admit healthy take-out as you're bound to get hungry sooner or later!) You enjoy your time!

Congrats on a fabulous weigh-in Robin! You should be very proud of yourself. You and I have just aobut the same distance to go. I want to finish at 125 - 130, so at this point I've got 53 - 58 lbs to go. Seems overwhelming, but if I can just lose a pound a week, I'll be there in less than a year. I need ot keep thinking of that. I also need to stop thinking that if I would have just stuck with it the first (or second, or third, or fourth) time I started WW, I would be there now...Can't erase the past though, only change the future.

Well, I'll be in and out today. Just trying to get some packing done. We're leaving for vacation tomorrow -- going to Mardi Gras! I am so excited. Drew is a native New Orleanean, so his mom will be watching Aaron for us so that we can go act stupid in the French Quarter. Just how stupid is still to be determined! So when you're seeing the news reports of all of the debauchery on Bourbon Street, look for me debauching in the background!!!

Later, gators!
Old 02-27-2003, 01:08 PM   #6  
Proud Canadian

Morning all!
I got the best news ever last night, my best friend is leaving her abusive husband and moving back into my area! It's not good that she was in a volatile relationship but you can't tell anyone that, they have to figure it out for themselves. Her mom is letting her and the 3 kids move in to their 2 bedroom basement suite so she won't have to worry about rent for a couple of moinths and in the meantime, I get to keep her cat for her. Yay my own cat for a couple of months! It's also great because she wasn't that far away but it was an expensive ferry ride so I didn't get to see them much mre than once or twice a year. Now I can watch the kids grow up, they're 3,4 and 8. I'm busy looking for any help I can find for single parents. I'm happy she's getting on with her life.
Robin - great job! Take it one step at a time, many small goals are more fun to celebrate than waiting for that big goal. Good for you!
Laura - who-hoo time off! Enjoy it!
Hi Dr. Lori!
Tonya - I have my appt coming up too, I've been putting it off. My Dr actually is a lifer of WW so she's very supportive, it's cool.
Jayne - Good to see you! I hope Aaron's feeling better for time with his grandmere. Have a fantastic Mardi Gras!
Hi to everyone else, I'll check in later.
KT
Closed Thread