Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 08:38 AM   #1  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Angry Monday!

Hi Buddies!

I am going to my doctors this morning to get some more steriod injections. I need about 3-4 of them over 4-5 weeks to be able to funcion otherwise the pain is unbearable and my body ceases up and will NOT move. So, off we go today to pump some more wonder drugs into myself. Can I just mention that they make me gain weight... but unfortunatly I just don't have a choice. My loss may be really slowed down because of them....but it is either that or don't move a muscle.

Thought I might be gaining a pound yesterday...but when I step on the scale this morning it looks like it has disapeared. Will find out the actual official weigh in on wednesday...I have GOT to stop being a slave to the scale!

Hi to everyone!

Angie
Old 01-27-2003, 09:33 AM   #2  

Hi all! I am here lurking! I had a scare over the weekend while weighing myself and thought I had gained 3 pounds in one day! Turned out it was salt related-whew! I know being PG should stop being a slave to the scale but old habits are hard to break. I have my next doctor's appt. next week and it is like a weigh in, I swear!

Angie-I have a friend at work who is on and off of steroids b/c of RA and she says the same thing-they make it hard to lose weight-but you hang in there-you are doing so well!

Ali-How did the date go? Dish about the guy please! Let us married folk live vicariously!

Kirsty-Your exersize schedule made me tired just reading about it! I have all I can do to get to the gym with the trainer once per week and two other times besides that!

So, yesterday was SUper Bowl Sunday here in the US-inbteresting statistics-the rates of spousal and child abuse increase on Super Bowl sunday, and the rate of car accidents post Super Bowl goes up 40%!

DH and I went to our lake house to watch(a long story but basically DH owned this house before we got married and now it is rented to friends of ours, so we can go over and use it whenever). The guys cleared off a pach of ice on the lake and we went ice skating...the funny thing was that after that, my DH and four of his friends got hockey sticks and attempted ice hockey-they were hilarious to watch!
Then we all watched the Super Bowl and ate very unhealthy food that included 7 layer bars, nachos and brats from Wosconsin(soaked in beer all day and then grilled!)

Hi to everyone! Where are you all? Brrr, it is freezing here-I want to move to Florida!
Lori
Old 01-27-2003, 09:35 AM   #3  
Scotland's finest export

hello everyone,
angie - i can get a bit addicted to the scales as well. i find it best to only hop on them once a week, especially if they show you as heavier or lighter than the WW ones. but i always do it before i go WI just so i know roughly what to expect! my old scales used to weigh me lighter than the WW ones, but my new ones seem to be the same, which is good. i hope things go ok at the doctors.
so - who is all going to come out and post? how was your weekends? i had a free guest pass to a posh gym (well, posh compared to the one i can afford membership at!). so i had a lovely day on saturday (mostly in the sauna, spa and steam room!). then of course, i ate haggis, tatties and neeps on sat night for burns day. (veggie haggis cos it's yummier and lower in points!).
that's about it for me. ooh, tonight i'm going to this event called "scientists meet the media". i'm not fussed about meeting any scientists, i'm just there for the free champagne and nice canapes! must go easy on both though, since i must i must i must go to legs, bums and tums tomorrow. hmm, fitting in exercise and social events can be rather tricky! luckily since i'm doing more swimming these days i'm seeing myself in a cossie a lot more and it keeps me thinking about being bikini-fit for summer!
ooh, rina you mentioned you wanted some cardio. do you have a pool nearby? swimming sessions aren't as pricey as gym classes and it's really good for you. well, i find it knackering!!!
right. gotta go work. where is everyone else hiding? i miss all the chatter,
kirsty
ps hopefully i'm going to go to chicago to visit jen k. most likely it will be between may and august. i know that doesn't pin things down much! i'm thinking maybe june...
pps ali - glad to hear i'm not the only one admiring the reappearance of hip bones!
Old 01-27-2003, 09:37 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

hey lori!
sounds you like had a really good weekend. how's the PG going?
oh, and yes, ali - dish the dirt on the date!
Old 01-27-2003, 11:46 AM   #5  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Talking Good Morning!!

Well, it's almost lunchtime for me, but I guess it's still technically morning, so my Post Subject is OK.

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was pretty busy. Friday night I did manage to stay home and just take some time for me. I read the book Dust to Dust by Tami Hoag. It's pretty good, but I liked Ashes to Ashes better... Anyway, that's neither here nor there. Saturday, I had to work at job #2 from 9-1, then I had a Close To My Heart demo at 2, which I was at until almost 5. I got home, hauled my stuff inside and turned around and left again to meet Aaron for dinner and a movie. Yesterday, I got up and picked up my apartment, then had another demo at 1:30, which I was at until 4. Then, I went out to dinner with my parents and sister for my sister's birthday. I'm almost glad to be back at work because things here are so much calmer.

On the bright side, both of my demo's this weekend were good, so I made the goals I set for myself. Yay!!

WW is not going too badly for me, all things considered. I was OP all week last week, which hopefully made my weekend eating OK. I've been a little frustrated, not with WW, but with life in general because it seems like some reason to eat over my points range is always coming up. It's tough, but I know a bad day or two won't stop me from losing, as long as I keep exercising and stay OP the rest of the time. It won't come off as fast, maybe, but as long as it's still coming off, I'm OK.

Oh, it's lunchtime. I'm going to eat, then I'll be back to respond!!
Old 01-27-2003, 12:15 PM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all... freezing cold here in Wisconsin. My window has a leak in it and is blowing below zero cold air on me. The heat doesn't seem to be on in the building either. Did I mention we are trying to move. This is a historic building downtown with enourmously high rent, but the new owners are crap!!! We found a place that is half the rent and FREE parking. Tho heard someone else wants it, but we looked at it first. Hope we get the lease and not them!!!!

Lori... BRATS!!! We eat them all the time (unfortunately). They are awesome and very common here in WI. All summer long there are brat feeds! YUMMMMMMMM....

Kirsty, I am only 4 hours from Chicago, BUT, having my baby in May so that meeting may be out for me. A later date would be better for me, but I won't be fussy since it is your trip!

That's it for me. Very busy at work!!!
Old 01-27-2003, 01:24 PM   #7  

Kirsty-I love reading your posts to see the differences in language!

I assume a 'cossie' is a swimsuit?
And what are haggis, tatties and neeps?

Jen-L-Yeah-one of the roommmates is from Wisconsin, so his mom send brats periodically-otherwise, we eat the Johnsonville ones(which I like!) But one Johnsonville is 22 points!
Lori
Old 01-27-2003, 02:15 PM   #8  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Me Again!!

Boy, it sure has been quiet around here lately. Not that I have any place to complain, I haven't been contributing as much as I should be...

OK, sorry I left so fast before but nothing stands in the way of my lunch.

I forgot to mention to you guys that I'm going to start attending meetings again soon. Even more exciting is that those meetings are going to be here in my town. Maybe some of you remember that I had some problems with the guy who used to do the meetings here in town, so I started going elsewhere. Well, he's not doing meetings here anymore, so I'm going to go check it out tomorrow night. I'm a little apprehensive about seeing how much I gained over the holidays and I know that it'll be depressing waiting for the weight to come off--it always goes on so much faster, it seems. But, no more driving a half hour once a week to go to my WW meeting.

Angie--I think you're making the right decision, I know I'd rather gain weight than be miserable. Just don't get discouraged if you're not seeing a loss. Sometimes we lose sight of the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle because we're focusing too much on the scale. Focus on making good decisions (like you have been) and you'll have no trouble staying positive!!

Lori--Icky, I'm not too fond of brats. And I'm even less fond of the kind that are 22 points a piece! Oh my goodness! Nebraska is pretty chilly right now, too. Maybe we could get a condo together in Florida!

Kirsty--My stomach was turning when you said you had haggis, until you said it was veggie haggis. I think we had this discussion before--isn't haggis sheep stomach or something? I'd also like to mention that I have hip bones too! I was just sure I was born without them until I started losing weight. Right now they're not as defined as they have been in the past, but they're still there and haven't gone back into hiding. Maybe we can all show them off in Chicago.

Ali--Yes, please tell about your date... I haven't been on one in awhile and things are kind of boring in my lovelife...

Jen--Do you want to come to Florida with Lori and I? No wait, maybe I don't want to go with two pregnant women. What if pregnancy is contagious?

OK, I'm going to get a little work done. I have to go to the dermatologist because I got a zit. That sounds stupid... I took accutane about a year ago and I'm not supposed to be breaking out, but I am. I'm 24 years old, I should have outgrown this by now, shouldn't I?

See ya!!
Old 01-27-2003, 04:22 PM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey girls sorry to be so MIA but ARG its been hectic to say the least I'm at work now and sneakign a post in
Can I come to FL with you too Jess I promise I'm not pregnant
Angie I have been thinking of you this week with the badnews cold I'm moving with the grace of a 1950's toy robot so I feel for ya hon
hope the injections went well
jess I'm 26 and I still break out
Lori your superbowl sunday sounds fun!
Jen that building sounds great I love brats tho I like the turkey ones with ahem chedder
Hey Kirsty my god woman you are an exercising fiend
what goes into veggie haggis?
ook So the job opp I might have for TV is sending me the pilot to view again and do a writing sample for im soo excited and nervous aaaaaaaaaah
I'm so unbelievably hungry
tried to come back to school last night but once bf and i drove the 45 min to get here we had to drive 45 min back b/c i realized I forgot my keys GRRRRRR so I ended up watching that wedding marathon that was on bravo with mom and coming down this morning I had no time 4 breakfast and grabbed a hamburger for Brunch at 11 it was supposed to just have pickles and onions and they put ketchup on it grrrrrr sorry its monday I'm fighting the grumps so I'm hoping i don't go crazy at dinner
~~diet Coke~~
~~Diet Coke~~~
bbl
Kier

Last edited by KO; 01-27-2003 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:59 PM   #10  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Jess, my hubby still breaks out... A LOT! He was just swearing about it this weekend because his mom swore he would outgrow it! Poor guy. I think some people will always break out!

Oh and my PG has rubbed off on anyone yet, so I think I am safe... plus I like to cook!!!!
Old 01-27-2003, 05:52 PM   #11  
Running Babe

Ah my date, well this was date #3. He called me in the afternoon and we made plans for the evening. A movie at 10pm, but he had to go for dinner with his dad and grandmother which was fine. At 10pm, there was no sign of him or no call. So I called him, he had completely lost track of time and was still at his dad's place which was about 30 mins away from me. He told me he'd get here ASAP. An hour later he called me and he had just dropped off his grandma, and was still aways away. He said "are you mad at me" well I wasn't mad, just a little annoyed, but I told him not to worry about it. He came by and we went for drinks and I had an amazing time with him. We relaxed at a bar and then went back to my place and relaxed until the whee hours of the morning. Anyway I was talking to him yesterday and he said "3 dates, so where do we go now?" So I told him that I wanted a fourth and I want to get to know him more and he feels the same. I wonder though if he's pressing to know if I want to be his GF... Hmmmm, he's definitely BF material though in spite of him not being able to tell time. I am just trying to play it cool. I don't want to appear too eager But this guy respects me which is great!

Had to tell my friend from last semester that I just want to be friends now too... I don't know about him, I would be with him if he wanted a relationship, but he didn't seem to want one it was always like "we'll see where it goes" but the fact was it was going nowhere all we were was friends with uh, benefits. I think he liked me, but not enough for me to stay in there for the longhaul.

So there's for living vicariously through my often screwed up lovelife:P Aren't ya taken gals glad that you're not single anymore:P

Kirsty: I am jealous about how much you excercize!

Jess: My doctors are kind of unsympathetic about when I complain about my acne, it's frustrating, but I have had it for 14 years and I am fed up just like you are. I have foudn tricyclene to help a bit.

Anyway, talk to you ladies later!

Ali
Old 01-27-2003, 06:02 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyopne, I'm back. I did my first aid course last week - emergency first responder is what they are thinking of changing the name to. I did well and I have my ticket for another 2 years. Now I have to study for my mid term of Thursday. Oh, things get so busy. So I have about a weeks worth of postings to catch up on. For all of you going to Florida, I just thought I'd mention that it's currently warmer here in Vancouver than it is in Florida (probably wetter too) I was walking around downtown in just a T-shirt today. I love the coast!
Kirsty - I thought of you on Saturday and wondered if you'd be celebrating.
Angie - if the roids get too bad, remember you can take medical leave from WW. That's what one of our guys had to do when he was on injections for an injury. It's most important for you to be able to function.
jess - speaking of books, someone on this thread got me going on the Outlander series. I bought the fifth book last week for $14!! So I'll start in on it after my midterm.
Ok - I have to catch up on all the work from last week, I'll check in tomorrow.
KT
Old 01-27-2003, 07:21 PM   #13  
Canadian Chick

Thank goodness my day is pretty much over! This has been one long crappy crappy day. Its only 6pm & I am way over my points & I was over yesterday too. Argh! My WI today said I was up 5.5lbs but thats crap b/c tomorrow it the first day of TOM so I'm sure its just bloat. but still not fun to see. The week overall wasn't the best. I was up & down in my eating. This week will be better though b/c I'm no longer sick & we have groceries!

Ali, sounds like thngs are promising with this boy! Exciting!

Kirsty, would you believe I can't swim? I don't really have any desire to learn though! I don't mind Aquafitness though. RIght now its so cold though that I'm leary about wet hair outside!

Jes, sounds like your weekend was fun. This might sound naive but what exactly is Cross Your Heart?

Jen, hope you managed to plug up your draft!

Lori, sounds like you ahd a fun day yesterday. Did you have to alter your exercise program being pg? Forgive me for not knowing how it works not ever having been pg myself.

Angie, hope that you are feeling better soon. Do you see a massage therapist to help with your RA? With gentle treatmetn there is lots we can do for pain relief & increasing/maintaining motion.

KT, glad to hear your week went good. Good luck with your midterm. In Sask we call them First Responders too. Almost every small town has someone b/c the closest hospitals are usually a bit of a drive b/c we're such a rural province.

Kier, your ezperience yesterday with keys sounds like me today. I left my keys in the car (thank goodness DH had his with him) plus I left my purse at Cosmo (the place I only work one day a week) way over on the otherside of the city & I can't get in until tomorrow. I kust hope its till there!

Well I need to go work on my budget (blech) and then I'm going to settle in & watch Joe Millionaire. Its silly but I'm addicted to that show! Plus Evan is a super hottie! Have a great night girls!
Closed Thread