Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 09:22 AM   #1  

Default 50 or more week of Jan. 20

If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, or are losing, this is the group for you! So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday! The start of a new, OP week! Sure has been quiet in here lately ... hope to see more of y'all soon!

Hi to Loon, Texaslady, Lilithu, JOYce, Kelly, Linda, Janet, Nascar Girl, Tonya, Sherriann, Carol, and Bandit!

Regards,
Jan
Old 01-21-2003, 01:04 PM   #2  

Default post from Bandit2

Hi Bandit! Hope you don't mind, but I'm going to move your post from last week's thread to this one:

"Hi everyone:

Was down 1.2# at WI last night, despite the pizza

Feel good & am staying OP

Bye for now
_____________" (posted 1/21 by Bandit2)

Back to me (Jan):
Bandit, down 1.2 at WI, that is so terrific! And isn't it great how following program makes us feel? I know when I go off, I don't feel nearly as good. Guess our body is thanking us for giving it all those nutritious foods ...

Hope everyone is having a great week! Stop in and say hi!
Regards,
Jan
Old 01-21-2003, 02:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi Jan:

Yes, I always feel better when I stay OP. As long as I have some sort of weight loss (even a tiny one) I seem more motivated and it seems easier to stay on track.

Hope everyone has a great OP week

Bye for now
Old 01-21-2003, 06:07 PM   #4  

Hi Bandit! I know what you mean re: a loss being so motivating. I am a very SLOW loser, and there were weeks when I had no losses at all, or maybe .2; that was hard to deal with. DH is in that situation right now, and I just don't know why; he is following program so well, and just hovering around the same weight. Surely it will take a plunge soon! I've had a little gift wrapped and hidden for months now, for when he gets his ten percent.

Gotta run! Am fixing a lowfat fish and crawfish gumbo tonight, with a spinach salad. And it's already five o'clock!

Hi to everyone ... stop in soon and say hello!

Regards,
Jan
Old 01-23-2003, 01:11 PM   #5  

What kind of "low fat" fish? I make sole & mahi-mahi - but they still seem quite high in points. My bf & daughter only like "Fish & Chips" from take-out so if I make fish it is only for me.
Old 01-24-2003, 09:07 AM   #6  

Hi Bandit! Well, this time we used mahi-mahi, which is 4 pts for 6 oz; almost as big a "points bargain" as shrimp, which is 2 oz for 1 pt. For the gumbo, I saute onions, carrots, and celery in a nonstick skillet w/Pam, and throw in some Cajun seasoning. Then I put it in a soup pot with lots of nonfat chicken broth, a bag of frozen okra, and some instant gumbo gravy mix that is only 10 calories per teaspoon. I cook that for 20-30 min. and then throw in either fish, shrimp, and/or crawfish. Season to taste with cracked pepper, hot sauce, salt, and/or fresh herbs, esp. thyme. I serve it with a scoop of brown rice, about 1/2 cup, on top, and sprinkle file around the edges of the bowl. Very fillling, and lowfat too!

If your daughter likes fried fish (who doesn't?) have you tried oven-fried? You can put fish coating on, just like you were going to fry it, spray with Pam, and bake about 8-10 min. in a very hot oven. Even my Dad liked that ...

How is everyone's week going? It is so incredibly quiet in here!! Anyone have any weekend plans, or is everyone just trying to stay out of this cold?

Jan
Old 01-25-2003, 11:28 AM   #7  

Hi there:

Your fish recipe sounds yummy & I will have to try to make the oven fried fish - thanks.

I usually don't work Fridays, so when I got up I decided to go to a WW meeting. It was good to hear a different speaker & I thought maybe it would keep me motivated for the weekend.

My bf has a funeral today to go to & my daughter is studying for exams so I am doing the usual cleaning, shopping thing. Bf mentioned having Chinese for dinner tonight & I said I shouldn't since it is high in points. Maybe if we go to buffet I can find some better choices.

I picked my daughter up last night & she wanted McDonalds. We went through the drive-through since it was late & I decided to try the McVeggie burger - not bad. I got on internet this morning & found the information & turned out to be 7 points. They also had a Chicken McGrill which is 6 points which I will try next time.

Anyway, even though I had McDonalds I think I made a better late night choice.

Have a good OP Saturday.
Old 01-25-2003, 03:33 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone!
Well my WI was 4.6 pounds gone on Monday! I was so excited! I have been doing fairly well this week; TOM came and had some problems and had to go to Dr but have Journaled everyday so far. I did walk 1 day last week and have been too ill to do that this week; but sticking to it so far!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 01-26-2003, 10:37 PM   #9  

Hi Bandit! Way to go on the McDonald's choice, and thanks for the info on their veggie burger and chicken sandwich. Those aren't bad at all! Looks like these fast food franchises are starting to wise up. (Except for Arvey's, where they've taken giant steps backwards.) Did you enjoy the other WW meeting? I like going to different ones too, even though our regular leader, Minnie, is the best I've ever heard. It's fun and motivating to go to different meetings, though, and I always learn something new.

Hiya Nascar Girl! I am in awe!! 4.6 pounds gone, girl, you rock!! I am so sorry to hear that you are ill, though; hope you are feeling better today. Let us know, and take good care of yourself, now!!

This was a fun weekend, even though the weather has been cold and wet. Dh and I went to San Antonio yesterday to our WW meeting, and then saw Nicholas Nickleby. (As an English major, I'm a big fan of any period movies, especially Jane Austen or Dickens.) Then we went to a superbowl party tonight. I took a veggie tray and lowfat dip, and two platters of sushi. They had some fantastic baked redfish and pinto beans, and I passed on all the other stuff, so stayed pretty much OP.

Busy week ahead ... guess I'd better turn in! Hope everyone has a great week!
Regards,
Jan
Old 01-28-2003, 09:35 AM   #10  

Hi everyone:

Congrats Nascar! Good for you.

Saskiemom: Yes, going to a different was fun. Get some new perspective from other speakers & members.

I was down 1.4# last night, so that was good. My goal for January was 5# & so far I am down 5.2#. So it is nice when you reach your personal goals.

Yesterday for lunch I triled the Lean Cuisine Grilled Chicken Caesar (6 Pts) and really like it. Very filling & yummy.

Anything new out there? Bye for now & remember:

Keep drinking that water & counting those points.
Closed Thread