Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2003, 04:01 PM   #31  
Super Surfer

Angry Hi all

Looks like the whole country is cold this week. It is -22C/-9F today. The sun dogs are out and I don't think they have been out till now.

http://www.explorenorth.com/library/weekly/aa112699.htm

The eastern seaboard has been getting so much snow, we saw Newfoundland on the news last night and they are running out of places to put the white stuff.

Tomorrow I am going to a baby shower for my little . Friends of my DD are having one. I bought her the cutest little jean jumper with a little ruffle around the bottom and 2 little tops to go with it. I got them in 18 mo size.. she will have to grow into them. She really has a lot of clothes for right now.

It is time for a little treat, so I am going to relax with a cup of hot mocha coffee.. see you all later..
Old 01-25-2003, 04:34 PM   #32  

G'day all,

See ya on the next thread..........

Maria
Old 01-25-2003, 07:44 PM   #33  
Member Florida Chick

Thumbs down Hi

Well we are warmer today. Love it.

The concert last night was great. a real big band and they played all the stuff that made Benny Goodman famous. The clarinet player who did all his stuff was really good. And the drummer caught my eye. He could imitate Gene Krupa without a hitch and he had fun doing it. Big smiles all the time. The band was 3 trumpets, 3 trombones, 5 saxophones, Piano, Bass and drums. Of course this kind of music brings nostalgia to me. There was also a very good female vocalist, and she could sound a bit like Peggy Lee. When I was growing up all the Big bands were just beginning to be on the way out, so we got to hear them all one way or another. I can remember going to the Paramout theater in NYC and hearing Gene Krupa in person. What a drummer.:

Tomorrow is the big day for our area. you just cannot believe the hype about the Super Bowl. Of course this is the first time the Tampa Bucaneers have ever made it this far, so it has been constant celebration and interviews, etc on the t.v.

Didn't go to WW today as I had stayed the same, and frankly I didn't want to pay.

Maria: How did the oven turn out? That is a dreaded job for me. I need to do mine. checked the sight about the tesselated tiles. They are really beautiful. Did you pick out one of the patterns. They sort of make me think of a Persian rug, done in tile.

Slavika: How is the Princess?

Lily: Thanks for the info about the climate there. You are probably just the right distance away from the ski slopes, so you can drive there if you've a mind to. Too far from San Diego to get all the Super Bowl hype.

Sally: I have a cousin who lived in Spokane Wa. He was head Librarian at the University there. He was quite a young man, in his 50's when he passed away, from complications of diabetes. His wife and son still live there. Where are you located in relationship to Spokane?

Hi everyone. Hope your Sunday is a good one. Ann
Closed Thread