Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 01:53 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Talking Thursday Chatters

Seasons Greetings!

How is everyone doing? The old thread was getting very long so I started us over.

Tammy, I hope you are feeling good now. Did you forgo eating more inspite of that medicine?

Kady, when is school out?

Maureen, how's your weather and are you still walking to work?

Sis, how is your mom? Will she spend Christmas with you?

Susan, I am so glad you are doing well. I can't believe that they will remove your staples on Christmas day.

I hope everyone is staying OP------excuse me if I didn't mention everyone by name!!!!!!!!

I took Mother to the neurologist for a check-up. She's the same and will never get better. She still believes that all this will go away. I feel sorry for her. The holidays are hard on us all.

It's time to get everything wrapped. I'll do it today instead of waiting till next week and then stress out.

Let's all post more.

Tina
Old 12-18-2002, 02:43 PM   #2  
Susan

Hi,
Thanks for getting us started again Tina! I agree we all need to post more often. I miss everyone when they don't post often.

Tammy, hope you are feeling better!!! Do you get out of school on Friday?

Kady, have you made your goal yet? How's school?

Tina, I'm sorry the holidays are hard for ya'll. Your mom is lucky that she has you! You are a very special lady!

It's going pretty good here. I'm getting through physical therapy. I have to say "IT HURTS!!" I'm glad it is this week and not last week. I still sleep a lot during the day and don't sleep during the night. If I sleep more than an hour or two my knee gets real stiff. Oh well, it doesn't hurt like it use to!!! So I'm not going to complain.

Here's to wrapping all those presents and getting everything ready for Christmas.

Susan
Old 12-19-2002, 08:26 AM   #3  
Going All The Weigh

Hey. I'm new to do WW from home, but not the program. I attented meetings for over a year but could no longer afford to go, I came across this site and decided with the support here, I had the will to do this from my home. I hope ya'll dont mind if I join in?
Old 12-20-2002, 02:38 PM   #4  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Tina,
My mom is doing pretty good. Thanks so much for asking. She has gained weight (not a problem for me ) and she is back home now. We check on her all the time and do for her whatever she needs. Yes she is going to be with us on Christmas. My family always has a BIG get together. Probably around 30 or so this year. I can't wait! I am sorry to hear about your mom. I will say a prayer for you and your family. Take care and have a wonderful Christmas holiday and New Year.....Sis
Old 12-21-2002, 08:27 PM   #5  

Gypsy, I don't attend the meetings either. In fact, I haven't even been following the program. I need to get back to it.

I had to go back to the doctor this week. Just not getting better. He sent me for a chest x-ray. No pneumonia, no tumors. Thank God for that!
I am on a new antibiotic and another inhaler. If I'm not better by Monday, he wants to try prednisone again. I WILL BE BETTER BY MONDAY!!

Tim gets his wisdom teeth out Monday morning. Oh boy!

My family will be here tomorrow for our Christmas. Just finished making deviled eggs. Everyone's favorite.

I'll try to get back on here more often. I just haven't felt like doing much at all. Even just sitting in the chair at the computer wears me out.

Friday was our last day of school until January 6. I am really looking forward to the time off. I need to get healthy.
Old 12-21-2002, 09:32 PM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Hi group!

Gypsy, we are glad to have you join in our discussions/talks.

Susan, how are you feeling????? Is the therapy getting easier, less painful?

Sis, I'm glad your mother is able to be at home. That surely makes her feel better. You are a good daughter!

Tammy, I am sooooo sorry you aren't getting over your bronchitis. Glad the x-ray didn't show anything terrible in there.
Take it easy. Being out of school for so long will give you more time to rest. Poor Tim------Having his wisdom teeth taken out before Christmas!!!!!!! That's not fair.

Maureen and Kady---how are you all doing?

I just can't believe that Christmas will be here Wednesday! Where has the time gone!

Tina
Old 12-22-2002, 08:03 PM   #7  

Tina, we chose the day for his wisdom teeth to be done!! Can you believe it? We had to work around Scouts, band, orchestra, academic team, and basketball? Can you say "That boy is doing too much!!!!". lol He should be able to play in the orchestra Christmas Eve at church since he plays drums.

Susan, I'm so glad that your surgery is over. I know quite a few people who have had knee surgery and they are always amazed at how much better they feel.

Today my brothers and their familes were here. I fell asleep!!! We usually play Trivial Pursuit, but I didn't even get it out. After they left, I took my temperature and it was up to almost 100. My normal is 97.6, so 100 is pretty high for me. I slept for 2 hours and now I feel better and the temp is right at 98. Weird. Now I want to play Trivial Pursuit!!! Maybe I can talk Tim into a game.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!
Old 12-23-2002, 02:21 PM   #8  
Susan

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I can't believe that it is almost here! You blink and it's that time of the year again. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday! This is one of my favorite time of the year. I love the meaning of Christmas and all of the lights.

Tammy, I hope that you are better today. Did you get on the predinose? You probably need to be on it! How is Tim doing? Poor baby, having those wisdom teeth out hurt! Ya'll take it easy!!

Tina, how's the weather down your way? It 's cold and rainy here. Pat's going to build me a fire when he gets back from his lunch meeting.

Sis, sounds like ya'll will have a blast with your family.

I'm doing pretty good. Each day gets easier. I'm still sitting around alot and staying off of it. I'm doing just what I'm suppose to!! I'm down to just a couple of pain pills a day. I'm sleeping better at night but I'm still waking up. Oh well.... I go back to the dr. on Jan. 6. I'm soooooo glad that I had this done NOW! and not wait until the summer. I still have physical therapy and he comes out to the house. I have it 3 times this week and once next week. Then I'll be reevaluated at the dr.'s office.

Ya'll have a very Merry Christmas!!!
Susan
Old 12-23-2002, 03:17 PM   #9  
Thursday Lady

Happy day before the "Day Before"
I think I've gotten all the gifts bought and, those needed, mailed. I just wish I could mail each of my friends here a special gift!
I will instead send each of you my special wish of peace for this holiday season. Y'all are very special people and I'm so glad I know each of you.

Take care,
Tina
Old 12-24-2002, 10:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone

I'm still reading posts daily just haven't had much to add.
I just wanted to wish everyone a safe & happy holiday.

Even when I don't post I'm here & you are all such a motivation.

take care

maureen
Old 12-26-2002, 01:43 PM   #11  
Thursday Lady

Hello everyone,
I hope Santa was good to everyone. He certainly stopped by my home.
I got up this morning with every intention of getting on my treadmill. I still have not. I'm very weary. I guess just too much Christmas cheer--and I'm not talking about liquor.
We are getting prepared to take our son his TV. He left it here last night. They (he and his dad) will have the pleasure of carrying it up the stairs to his apt. I'm staying way away from that!
I cooked us a turkey and we will eat some of it tonight. We ate at my nephew's yesterday. Last night, we were too full to eat anything at home.

I'll look forward to hearing what others did.
Tina
Old 12-26-2002, 03:00 PM   #12  

Bob, Tim, and I just hung out at home yesterday. My brothers were at their in-laws houses.

I stayed in the house, and those guys did our driveway and went to my aunt's house to do hers. I'm not sure how much snow we had for sure from Christmas Eve till Christmas morning, but at least 6 inches. It really was pretty.

We had chicken and noodles and mashed potatoes. I thought that would be a meal that Tim could eat without hurting very much. He's doing better today.

I feel better today too. I didn't go back to the doctor on Monday, because I thought I was starting to feel better. I really didn't want to go back on the prednisone. I think if I keep taking the antibiotic, use the inhaler regularly, take the cough medicine at night, and get plenty of sleep, I'll be nice and healthy when we go back to school.
Old 12-26-2002, 10:35 PM   #13  

Hi all,
I look forward to joining you again. I was really pleased with the presents we got this year. I got a music box for my daughter that I think she will always cherish.
God Bless
Old 12-27-2002, 09:24 AM   #14  

I dreamed that all of the snow had melted and it was nice and warm outside. Well, the snow is still there and it's still cold. Bummer. lol

I'm meeting a couple friends for lunch later and have a roast in the crock pot for supper.

I'm planning on going back to Curves in the morning. I've only been there once since Thanksgiving, and that workout about did me in. Now that I'm feeling better, I think I'll do better. May not make it through all 3 cycles though. I might try for 2 and see how I feel. I don't want my bronchitis to get worse since I'm feeling better. Pretty smart, huh?

Hope all of you have a good weekend! I'm looking forward to doing nothing like I've been doing!! Napping, taking medicine, and reading. I've already finished 2 books this week Fine Things by Danielle Steel and Summer Sisters by Judy Blume. I'm reading 'Tis by ?? (I forget his name and the books at the other end of the house). The guy that wrote Angela's Ashes. I should finish it today.

I received 2 books for Christmas, so I'll be starting one of those next. Actually, I received another book (from the Left Behind series), but I already had it so Bob is returning it.

It's after 9;00. I think it's time to get Tim out of bed. I can't say much because I slept until 8:30. I've been getting up by 7:00, so the extra sleep must have been needed.
Old 12-27-2002, 08:57 PM   #15  
Susan

Hi All,

I hope that everyone is having a great holiday season.

Tammy, I'm so glad that you are finally feeling better!!! You've been pretty sick. Don't over do it at Curves... and use your inhaler before you go! You know we have to "Momma you some" How's Tim feeling?

Tina, did you get the tv to your son's apartment?

Maureen, glad you wrote. Hope you are doing good!

Viola, a music box is something that your daughter will treasure forever. That's a great gift.

I'm doing great. It is amazing how much better my knee feels. I know I keep saying it doesn't hurt when I walk but it DOESN'T. I can't wait until I can walk without crutches and can really get moving again. I'm getting bored sitting around. I'm starting to read "Dr. Phil's Self Matter's book". I'm working on myself in 2003. I can't wait to get back to Curves but it might be a while.

What is everyone's plans for New Year Eve? Pat 's band is playing and he wants me to go. I don't think I will since I'm not really suppose to get out of the house until the dr. appointment on the 6th.

Have a great evening. By the way, ya'll are the BEST!!!!
Susan
Closed Thread