Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 07:50 PM   #16  

Well, it sure doesnt feel like a new year. And I'm sure before I know it it'll be 2004 and I'll ask myself....where the heck did 2003 go? I celebrated the last day with a bang especially since I had to share New Year's Eve with my Birthday

I've been just OK on WW. I've been struggling with 4-5 pounds lately. Every time I step on the scale I'm up down up down. This past saturday though i was down 2....so hopefully it'll be another down this coming saturday. at work we are starting an exercise night. Every monday night we'll exercise for an hour. we'll work out to some video tape. it'll be fun. tomorrow is the first nite. I'm kinda excited. And my othe goal is to walk walk walk everyday on my break! I need to! If I can do those two things and eat like I used to before the holidays began then I'll be set! I was doing pretty well before all the holiday shinanigans started.

Candice, I do have to say that you have two good looking sons

Brenda, it's nice to see you are back on the boards!

Hey Freddie...how are you doing? Are you surviving the cold? Last nite I piled the blankets on me and i ended up feeling I was in a sauhna(sp) Plus I had the cats ontop of me as well...the added body heat!

I'm thinking of starting to use the slim fast shakes as meal replacements for breakfast and lunch and then eat a meal at dinner time. I'd count the slim fast shakes according to WW. Do any of you know what the point range would be with those? I'm just curious. I searched my book but couldnt find it in there. I mean, why would the weight watcher book have slim fast products listed in there.

alright girls...i'm heading out. hope everyone has a great week on program and I'll pop back in later.

love ya
erica
Old 01-05-2003, 08:44 PM   #17  

Hi Candice,

Wow, what a great picture and Erica is Correct, 2 very handsome sons! Sounds like you are doing well OP, I am doing pretty good finally, the real test will be when I go back to work tomorrow, always much harder there for some reason.

Hi Erica,

Good to see you too. I have been struggling too, the Holidays are just way too hard. We just have to hang in there and climb back on the ww wagon and maybe super glue ourselves there this time, LOL! Do you have much snow on the ground? We got about 15" that last storm and have a good 2' on the ground now, what a snowy winter huh?

Well, I was in 2 football playoff pools this weekend, the first one I won $300 and the one today I won $75, my total investment was only $35 so I did pretty good. I never win but got lucky this time.

Gotta go pack my lunch for tomorrow

Love
Brenda
Old 01-06-2003, 12:34 PM   #18  

Hi there ladies.

Still lurking here.

Was just checking in to see where Pamela Jo has been. I've always enjoyed her posts and am sorry to see her missing in action.

We went to visit her two years ago in Florida. We look at the pictures alot. We had a great time with her and her family.

If anyone hears from her, can you let her know I'm thinking about her and would love to her from her again.

My email is:

[email protected]

Sue
Old 01-06-2003, 01:58 PM   #19  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hello Sue - I posted my own THREAD since it's so long. It will tell you where I've been and why I haven't been posting. I DID receive your wonderful email at home and really enjoyed reading it. Thanks so much for thinking of me. I too remember the fun we had at the beach and during your visit. Hope there will be more of them this year. (hint, hint). All of you are welcome to visit us here in Sunny Florida....just as soon as I get my life back together.
"See" you all later.....
Hugs,
Old 01-06-2003, 09:09 PM   #20  

Well..hello PJ and SueBee! Loooooong time no see!

Thanks for the comments on the pictures. My one son the older one has health problems is very overweight now and can't seem to lose it. He has yo yoed for years since he hit puberty. I'm not sure how to help him..don't want to harp all the time. He is a juck food eater from way back...give him a big mac and fries and he is set for life! I think he might have Fibro but do not want to encourage that thought in him cause is kinda a hypochondriac and looks stuff up on the internet and thinks he has it. Not sure how to help him. His girlfriend is no help either.

Anyway..my eating is better.....but too many nuts..in pts but need to eat better stuff I know! Some choc kisses too!

Ok girls lets get in gear

Last edited by Candicej; 01-06-2003 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-07-2003, 07:25 AM   #21  

Default Hi PJ!

I have missed you girl. Wow, you have really been through alot. I have been worried about you and just knew something was wrong. It sounds like you and Bill are going to be all right though, you have opened the communications and that is the first step in the right direction. You have a strong marriage and foundation to build on. Just take it one step at a time and hang in there. I am sure we all understand what you are going through and remember that we are all here for you.

Brenda
Old 01-07-2003, 12:22 PM   #22  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Good Morning

Well, it's a new day and my calculator is ready and waiting. Since I don't sleep well, I am waking up very late. I'm able to get up and get the kids to school but last night (er, this morning)....I actually took a shower at around 3:30am in hopes that it would make me sleepy....when I got out.....Bill was ready to get in and start getting ready for work. He gets up at 4am and leaves at 5am. He has an hour and 15 minute commute to Melbourne. NORTH of us and an hour from Disney. Anyway, the shower didn't help much and then it was time for Jackie to get up.....then Billy and THEN I went to sleep. I tried to stay awake but was FINALLY exhausted and I guess I just crashed. I'm taking my doctors advise and using a "pill" to help me fall asleep early tonight to try and regulate my bodies clock. It's the pain that's keeping me awake though, not insomnia. Oh well, ond day at a time.

Brenda - You've known me too long not to know something was up. I knew you'd figure it out. I should have just called you so you could let everyone know I would gone for a little while. Oh well, I was happy to vent and boy did I vent!!! It's great to be back and in control (well, so far). I'm using the calculator and drinking my water. That's a good start. We'll see what the scale says at the end of the week.

Candice - I had the opposite problem with my 14 yr. old daughter. She was always upset that she was so thin. She was a CHUBETTE as an infant but when she got to be about 5, she really got tall and slender. She is now about 5'4" tall and wears a womans size 1-2. She finally got HIPS and BOOBS....well, little boobs but boobs nonetheless. AND she has a waist to die for with ABS liike a six pack. I just kept telling her that she's only 12.....she's only 13.....she's only 14......and I guess 14 was the lucky number because she did and ate everything I told her to and her body finally caught up. She's very concious of making sure she gets fruits and veggies in and believe me....she's likes her fill of junk food but for the most part......she's got it down as to what's good and what's not. She is so anti smoking and drinking and is always on my case if I smoke in front of her. Yep, still haven't quit but I've never smoked in the house and usually don't smoke around them. Anyway, I understand how you feel about not wanting to harp on your son. I was worried about her being anorexic or bulemic which I was in my modeling years. Took a loooong time to stop. Some of her friends are one or the other and she asks me for advice on what to say to them. I'm glad she's concerned on HOW to say ANYTHING to them because she knows they'll deny it or be offended. Anyway, it's not easy getting our kids to learn the right or wrong way to eat. Look at us....it didn't happen overnight and I certainly didn't come from a family that had a balanced diet. We had ALOT of Hamburger helper.......yes, they had it waaaaay back then. but that was all my folks could afford at times and I know my Mother did the best she could. Anyway, I'm getting better at feeding my family the "right stuff" again and hopefully it will start showing on me.

I'm on my second cup of coffee now and need something for my stomach before I take my meds. Oatmeal sounds good. I've got some brown sugar too.....just a touch of that and some skim milk and I'll be on my way to an OP day.

Hope you all have a good one! "See" you later,
Hugs,
Old 01-08-2003, 07:27 AM   #23  

Hey there PJ,

Sounds like you are off to a good start today OP. Yum, oatmeal sounds good maybe that's what I will have for breakfast tomorrow or maybe dinner tonight, who knows! I am so glad to see you back in the nest and yes feel free to call me anytime. I am just getting back on program myself after months of being off and a gain of 23lbs, Yikes I can't believe I let myself do that.

See Ya
Bren
Old 01-08-2003, 10:18 AM   #24  

Not eating so well..into the nuts but they are gone now. Still some cookeis but not many. Froze the cheese in serving sizes.

I'm gonna have to get on the scale soon and see what the damage is since I'm not walking right now. Just gotta get the junk out of my house I guess.

Sounds like you owls are on the ball!
Old 01-08-2003, 01:08 PM   #25  
Shopper Extraordinaire

I just have a quick question. I don't normally post however. Does anyone know how many pts. sloppy joes are????
Old 01-08-2003, 02:42 PM   #26  

Hi Grace,

Sorry I don't have my books with me so I don't know. And unfortunately my modem is giving me problems so I can't get online at home.

Brenda
Old 01-08-2003, 08:54 PM   #27  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hi there Grace - I might be able to help you out. I have the points scale where all you need to do is let me know how many calories and fat per hamburger bun.....then tell me the same for about a cup of sloppy joe mix. It's all on the back of the can. Or....you could just look in your calorie book at how many points a cup of spaghetti sauce with meat is......that's pretty much what sloppy joe mix is anyway, right? LOL That's the way I would figure it out. Hope this helps you a little.
Old 01-08-2003, 10:15 PM   #28  

Hi everyone! Had a very bad OP day! It all started last nite too because Jeff and I decided to have McDonalds. For work today I brought in some treats for the staff. WE have what is called sweets and treats every Wednesday and it was our turn. I had lots of chocolate. It was like i was on my period the amount of chocolate i was eating! I promise though, that from now on I will moderate what goes in this mouth of mine! I need to be good!

Start class tomorrow! looking forward to it. it'll be a long day for me. work from 9-6 then have class from 7-10. yikes. i believe everyday thursday this month is going to be like that! hopefully the professor is cool and the class will be enjoyable.

off to bed I go....talk to you all soon!

Erica
Old 01-09-2003, 05:48 AM   #29  

good day eating today
Old 01-09-2003, 07:07 PM   #30  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

I had a very BAAAAD day and I'm still in it. Everyone is yelling and of course.....I'm the big sh**. Noone else has done anything wrong here in this house but ME ME ME.
I'm sooooo tired of all of this and I'm trying so hard to keep it peaceful but with the man I don't know anymore and this 14 yr. old daughter who puts herself right smack in the middle of it all........I'm drowning.......I feel like I'm so alone right now. I hate this!!!!!! I just want to run away.

Didn't eat anything all day until about an hour ago. I had a .99 McChkicken sandwich with almost no sauce. I had one cup of coffee at the lawyers office and I'm getting ready to call animal control about Missy to see how she's doing since my case is coming up.

The world can be a very lonely place at times, can't it?
Closed Thread