Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2002, 06:00 PM   #1  

Default Night Owls #56

Hi There,

I hope all my owl buds had a wonderful holiday. I have been up in Maine for awhile but am back now. Boy have I gained some weight, my work clothes just barely fit, I mean they are really tight and close to popping, Can't afford more so I am getting on track starting first thing in the morning. I have to make a plan tonight and then go grocery shopping tomorrow, what a drag. The girls are with their dad until Jan 1st and then I have to go back up to Maine to pick them up. I guess I should have stayed up there longer but I wanted to be at home. I have to go to work Monday and Tuesday anyway. I need lunch ideas, Low point, any advice? I am going to go and cruise the boards and see what I can find. I have missed you all and sorry that I have disappeared for so long.

Love Ya
Bren
(mama owl)
Old 12-29-2002, 05:22 AM   #2  

Hi Bren..gald you are back..a lot of owls are MIA!!!!!!!!!!

I have been into the cookies I made and gave as gifts this year and up a few too but nothing I can't get a handle on with your help here! Yesterday was a cookies free day and I banked 5 today I want cookies! Oh my...be glad when they are gone. Last year I did not have a problem limiting but this year another story! At least I had 5 lbs to play with!

Freddie you are just too funny..playing with your mouse!

Hi PJ and Erica!
Old 12-30-2002, 07:28 AM   #3  

Hi Candice,

Well I guess it happens to the best of us, we have the control to get going in the right direction I guess we just have to be assertive with ourselves. Yumm I just love cookies, I brought in a tin to work today of christmas cookies and I have to work at staying out of them, the first few days getting back on program are very hard for me. I know I sabatoged myself by bringing the cookies in but they were only 49 cents for the tin, I just can't pass up a bargain. They are not my favorite kind anyway so I hope I will be able to resist.

Great job on having a cookie-less day yesterday and banking some points. It takes alot of effort but it is worth it, I just have to get back into the mode.

Yesterday went pretty well for me, didn't get the water in as usual but I did do well on the eating.

See Ya
Bren
Old 12-30-2002, 03:14 PM   #4  

Bren:

Here are some 365-calorie (I think they are less and would have a 1 pt fruit ) lunches:

Roast beef sandwich Spread two slices of whole wheat bread with 1 teaspoon each of reduced-fat mayo and mustard to taste. Add 2 thin slices of roast beef, 4 slices of tomato, and romaine lettuce. Serve with a 6-oz can of V8.

In the microwave Microwave a frozen meal of 260 to 280 calories, such as Smart Ones Fire-Grilled Chicken and Vegetables or Lean Cuisine Enchilada Suiza with Mexican-Style Rice. Add a cup of raw veggies of your choice.

Bean Burrito Top a warmed 8" whole wheat tortilla with 1/3 cup of canned pinto beans (smashed), 4 tablespoons of shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, and 3 tablespoons of salsa. Roll up, and serve with 1 cup of baby carrots.

Subway Sandwich Have a 6" Subway Veggie Delite on wheat bread. Ask for 4 triangles of cheese of any type, 1 tablespoon of light mayo, honey mustard, or Southwest dressing, and extra tomatoes or peppers.

Salad bar Take 1 cup of mixed greens, 3 tablespoons of chickpeas, 1 1/2 cups of chopped raw veggies, 1/2 cup of plain tuna, 2 tablespoons of chopped egg or shredded cheese, and 3 tablespoons of reduced-cal dressing. Have a small slice of bread.
===================
Freddie, FNB, Effenbee
Old 12-30-2002, 08:33 PM   #5  

Hi everyone,

Well I wasn't perfect today on ww. Hey, I promise I stayed out of the cookies, not one for me. But we won't talk about the candy. It is so hard to have all the junk food we have in the office. I brought in the cookies because I thought I could resist them and I did. But then someone else had to bring in hershey's kissis with almonds, Now I just cannot resist chocolate with nuts in them, Yum! All in all though I felt pretty in control today, it was a start. I ate much less today than I have in months so I feel like I am finally going in the right direction. I took breakfast and lunch to work, nice low points and stuck to those meals, believe me that is a hard feat considering the low cost home cooked style cafetaria we have. I had a good low point supper too and I am very satisfied.

Freddie, thanks for the wonderful lunch ideas. I will definitely be trying some of them out.

Hello to everyone, come in and say hi, I have missed you all so much and I realize that being away from you all have been one of my biggest downfalls in my quest to lose weight. I can't begin to tell you how much your support means to me and I am sorry that I have not been around to give support back to you.

Well talk to you tomorrow

Bren
Old 12-31-2002, 02:57 AM   #6  

Thanks alot Freddie..I just bought some WW meals for 1.50 and love my v-8!!!!!!!!!!!! I like the burritos Idea..well they all sound great!

Bren we will all get thee..too bad all those things taht are bad for us taste so darn good! I bought some on sale M&M almonds for my son but had to take a serving out for me..that would be 5 pts! Still have 5 left..gotta stay out of the freezer..the cookies are in there!

Happy New year..we will all do this together!
Old 12-31-2002, 07:46 AM   #7  

Hi Candice,

Sounds like you like chocolate with almonds in it too, it is soooo heavenly, LOL!!! Good place for the cookies, atleast you would have to unthaw them before eating them, unless ofcourse you like them frozen. All I had for supper last night was a 4 point chicken sandwich, which was yummy, to make up for the wasted points on chocolate, which I have no idea how many points that was. I have a real problem getting my water in so that is something I have to work on. I guess I should go back to crystal light, atleast I enjoy that and drink more.

Not many people are in our office today, including bosses, vacation days you know! So anyway Lorraine and I are walking around in our suits with sneakers on, we are going to keep them on unless a boss suddenly shows up, so much more comfortable than dress shoes.

Well gotta go
Later
Bren
Old 01-01-2003, 12:24 AM   #8  

Happy New Year!!

Let's make it a good one.

Brenda

PS( wow, I guess the boards have a new look for the new year, cool!)
Old 01-01-2003, 10:32 AM   #9  

Hi:

Those lunch ideas were not mine. I have never had any of them. I got them off a WW site or a diet site and just copied and sent them in.

Happy New Year Night Owls and anyone reading this.

Freddie
Old 01-02-2003, 08:15 AM   #10  

Well here it is January 2nd in the year 2003. No owls wrote since I was last here yesterday. What happened to the old Nightowls? Where is Watermelon, for example? Hope she is feeling okay.

Freddie
Old 01-02-2003, 10:17 AM   #11  

Hi Freddie,

Yes I miss all the owls too. Setina, PJ, Emmy, Judygal, Sue, Erica, Tara and everyone else, WHERE ARE YOU GUYS!! Come out and play!!

Brenda
Old 01-02-2003, 08:00 PM   #12  

Hi Brenda:

Just checking. Was Watermelon and Setina one and the same? PJ is busy with her horse or horses. January 1 may bring out all the WW's.

Freddie
Old 01-03-2003, 06:42 AM   #13  

I don't see anymore owls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oprah was great today!

THURSDAY'S SHOW: Check Your Health 2003

You've probably learned the hard way...diets just don't work! See
what's been working for Oprah, and design the food and fitness plan
that's going to work for you.

Learn more and talk about this show.
http://www.oprah.com/tows/coming/tows_coming_thu.jhtml

----------------------------------------
RELATED LINKS

Commit to good health with this year-long program:
http://www.oprah.com/presents/llumin...ari_main.jhtml

Get real about your health!
http://www.oprah.com/health/bob/prog...ram_main.jhtml

The essential eight exercises:
http://www.oprah.com/health/bob/prog...in_video.jhtml

bren..I eat them frozen but forget about them if they are in there..but..if I have to get in the freezer for something I find them! Not a good thing!

Hi freddie!
Old 01-03-2003, 10:19 AM   #14  

Freddie, Yes Watermelon and Setina are the same person.

Candice, thanks for sharing that info. I am not able to watch Oprah and miss it so much. I will check out the links.

Brenda
Old 01-05-2003, 08:13 AM   #15  

Eating has been well the past few days..no cookies!

Last edited by Candicej; 01-08-2003 at 10:20 AM.
Closed Thread