Old 04-03-2002, 06:52 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wink The Daily - Wednesday, April 3 - HUMP DAY!

Good morning everyone. We have snow again and I am getting really pissed off with the weather! The only good thing is that it makes post potty patrol easier - visually, I mean. Somehow I think that is too much information for this early in the morning.

Lucy escaped out the back door last night and headed for the meadow with the remains of her rawhide chewy toy. She came back all muddy and without the toy. First thing this morning, out she went again and came back with the grubby thing. How on earth do they remember - especially with a layer of snow on top!

Today is a first outing for me since I screwed up this arm - am going to get a haircut! My bangs are hanging in my eyes and I am getting very frustrated with not being able to blow dry properly. That should give me a lift. Yes, I am driving to Brockville by myself. I have been sneaking in shorter drives and done OK. Today will be a test with 30 mins of driving. I need to go to Kingston next Monday and that is 40 minutes. Wow! Life in the fast lane.

McMom, Nasus and Jiff - I am very interested in your discussion and moved it to its own thread. Hope you don't mind. Sure is lots to think about there.

Have to go and finish hemming a pair of pants to wear this a.m. - yesterday I discovered that I can sew - slowly but it sure is great. The simple things in life are not appreciated enough. Then another coffee and a vanilla cream bubble bath before I go for my haircut. Life can be beautiful.

Have a great Wednesday, Chickies.
Old 04-03-2002, 07:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, Ruth. Drive safely, gal.
Old 04-03-2002, 08:20 AM   #3  
Big Loser

Good morning Ruth, Nora and those to come!

Have been to the Y, made a Beef stew in the crock pot(got it started anyway), made DH's lunch and am now at work, all by 830...am I amazing or what!! Just kidding.

I have to get a grip on my eating today, I have been stuffing sugar in my mouth a at a scary rate...so this am I have had 2 glasses of water, cream cheesy eggs and I have a salad planned for lunch!

Have a great day ladies!!!!
Old 04-03-2002, 08:26 AM   #4  

Default Oy vey! Double yuck!

We woke up this morning to a wonderful sight and smell. Our dog, Goldie, must have found something "wonderful" outside to eat yesterday. We had a back hall full of barf! Then DH yells at me...like I told the dog to barf just to piss DH off! After a few heated words (which I won't repeat) he cleaned it up and gave me the dirty rug and dog bed to wash. What a way to start the day!
I'm going to do a bit of cleaning in the kitchen, vacuum the house and perhaps do some much needed patching. I love to sew, but hate to patch. I tried to do some wood work scraping, but the snow was so bright, I couldn't see the woodwork with the shades open. Is that called snow blind??
Bye now and take care.
Old 04-03-2002, 08:55 AM   #5  
Livin' La Vida Loca

Default Morning glories!

Beautiful, sunny, and cold. Wind's blowin' BUT at least the 4" of snow we got Monday are gone. Maybe going to be 60 degrees by this weekend. Time to start cleaning up the flower beds!

Haven't had much time to post -- we've been travelling like gypsies on acid... Missouri (1000 miles round trip), Cedar Falls, and Ames -- all in one week. I'm glad to be home, catching up on all your lives!

I've got no real complaints -- except that I've taken a 3-week break from WW and am going back today to face the scale. So I'm playing the "I don't care -- I'll just pretend like I'm starting WW for the first time" game with myself. I'm up a few pounds -- but I'm still grateful for the reality check today...otherwise this could (no...would!) get much worse before it got better, if ever. It's that love/hate thing w/the scale for me -- it doesn't define me like it used to when I was younger -- but it does seem to sort of yank me back into some semblence of reality about my body...if only to make me mentally evaluate what kind of progress I'm making...that's, of course, where the love AND hate come in!

Hope you're all well today...
Old 04-03-2002, 10:12 AM   #6  
Old Cackler

ruth... is there NOTHING you can't do????? sewing with one hand is no easy task!!! but do drive carefully, especially with the spring snows and slick roads.

the cleaning lady called at 6:30 this morning to tell us she wasn't coming because her daughter is home from school this week. like she didn't know this sooner/?????? i was up, mom wasn't. not a pretty sight.

more job hunting. more motivating mom to pack. and i have to pull a load of laundry out of the dryer [a major accomplishment for me, by the way. a real sign of recovery for me].

and sooner congrats on going back to WW. it's a hard thing to return, but it gets harder to return the longer you stay away. if it's any comfort to you [maybe this will become another thread?] a wise therapist once said to me that most heavy people have no sense of their bodies. and that's been extremely true for me. and others have agreed with it as well.

oh, here's a bit of news. while we were out doing errands near my house, i stopped off to see a friend i haven't seen since before my unfortunate incarceration. she didn't recognize me at first!!!

now, one of the many things about her is that she has battled anorexia for decades. we understand the 'food thing' but we always marvel at the different approaches we take. anyway, she asked about the effects of the surgery, and when i told her about the vomiting, she laughed. then said, what a world this is!!! they've made you anorexic and bulemic!!! no wonder it's working so well!!

hope ya'll have a great day.

and please check in on the fat acceptance thread. oh, and one more request, if you don't mind. no one has said anything at all in that thread for which they need to apologize. we are all sensitive, caring people, and this board is absolutely NOT populated by spiteful people who want to hurt, or by tactless klutzes. SO PLEASE BE HONEST!!!

[was that enough PLEASEs??? i could throw in a few more if you'd like!!!!]
Old 04-03-2002, 10:50 AM   #7  
It's MY Life

Good Sunny Morning Everyone!!! It is a bright sunny chilly day here in IL--they are calling for the wind to die down a bit and I will be glad of that! MyDS's track meet was cancelled again yesterday due to the weather--we have yet to "get off the mark" there. He has another one scheduled tomorrow, so we shall see. I had a "good news" "bad news" yesterday. Got an invitation in the mail for the "Teacher of the Year" banquet next Friday. They start out with about a thousand nominations and narrow it down to 120 finalists. They host a dinner and give out marble, engraved apples. I went last year and it was very nice. The top 3 get cash. I doubt very much that I would ever get top 3--those teachers are absolutelyamazing but I am really honored to be included at all. Okay, bad news--DS has a major track invitational that night in a town about 100 miles away from where the banquet---I don't know if the time frames are going to work. I know that I could miss one of his track meets and he won't be scarred for life, but that is just not the way I am made. Oh well, maybe it will rain and the problem will be solved. Today I take my 3rd graders down to the Nursing Home for our monthly "Adopt a Grandparent" visit. One of our grandparents passed away since last month--4th one this year. It is hard on the kids, but they and the grandparents so enjoy the visits
I was OP yesterday!!!!! I mean really OP. You don't know how long it has been since I've done that!! Wish me luck today!!

Ruth, good luck with the driving today!

Jif, how goes the job hunting? Any prospects?

Sooner, welcome back--been missing you!! Sounds like you have been busy!!!! Good luck with the WW--sounds like you are back on track.

Tippy, sounds like our house--no matter what--it's
my fault. Take care.

Scooby--You ARE amazing!!! That is a lot to get done in such a short amount of time. Doesn't that make you feel good when have accomplished so much. Good luck today with the sugar battle--it is sooooooo hard.

Hello to all who follow---Mama J. Hope you are doing okay.
Old 04-03-2002, 02:43 PM   #8  

Well I guess I better get back on track real quick....I need to get refocused again.....starting now! Feels good to be back! Liz
Old 04-03-2002, 02:53 PM   #9  

Good Afternoon Chickies!

Please excuse me as I begin my novel...

We had a lovely mini vacation 4/1&2, drove an hour north of here to Grand Rapids for a Spring Break Mini vacation. All their friends are going to Florida so we had to do something fun with them. We found a hotel with a pool (a must), did some shopping, went to Fredrick Meijer Garden and Sculpture park (for a butterfly display), and ate lots of great food. Monday night we went to a Japanese restaruant, where they cook your meal in front of you. The boys loved it. Even Darren, whose only meat source in his diet is chicken nuggets.

Dh is still sick and it became Darren's turn at getting the fever, his occurred with an odd symptom, running of the mouth. Darren woke up Easter morning with red cheeks, but was of good spirits. He was able to snatch up more Easter eggs than his big brother. By the time we sat down in Church he passed out on my lap. DH stayed home sick. We then went to my mothers for another egg hunt and Darren was fine. He had a mild temp that night and I was fearing the worst for Monday when we were planning on leaving. He woke up with a mild temp again and insisted that he felt good enough to go. Well we piled into the van and he began to chatter; "mom why am I the youngest?" "What do you think is in that truck?" "I think the fish are younger than me" and the best was "came home from school, had to go to the bathroom, no toilet paper, take it like an man and use your hand!" along with other songs and questions. What an exhausting drive for me to concentrate on the road and to try to answer all his questions. Do fevers cause running of the mouth? He did this the entire time. Never getting very sick, just occasional fevers and running mouth! He was so cute, I just had to chuckle at him.

The Gardens we went to were beautiful, even for early springtime! I loved seeing a copy of the Leonardo da Vinci's horse, a two story tall sculptured copy of his horse. Darren loved the butterflies. It made me feel springlike. Even though mother nature played a cruel april fools joke on us that evening, by depositing a layer of snow on the ground.

We shopped at a mall that had nascar simulators, I had to drive them last year because Don was to small to drive and I hated it, I crashed all the time and could not seem to stay on the track. This year Don was tall enough to drive himself and he did so great. I was quite proud of him. We then bought books, clothes, and toys. We also stopped at a make your own bear store, well $105 later they each had their own stuffed toys complete with birth certificates, clothes and cell phones!

We cut our trip a bit short, dh was really dragging through the mall and feeling generally crappy. I drove home late yesterday afternoon with a van full of sleeping boys. I love watching my sleeping boys! Don fell asleep so fast that he had a half eaten french fry hanging out of his mouth. Darren was chattering a usual, and abruptly stopped passed out mid sentence. Dh tried to stay up but he too fell asleep. We had a great time even with the bug, I am so blessed. I was tired too, but thankfully we were only an hour from home, the good thing about short trips.

Ruth, I am trying to figure how you are sewing with one hand.

Hi Nora and welcome!

Scooby, sounds like you are having a busy day!

Tippy, It is always my fault when the dog gets sick (and any other time something happens) and it is always my job to do the clean up, yuck! How are those dear grand children of yours doing?

Hi Sooner, glad to see you posting again, sounds like you have really been hitting the road.

Hi Jiff, the cleaning lady called at 6:30am! The nerve, I bet they just sprung that spring break on her without warning. Good luck getting your mom to pack. Odd comparison between you and your friend, the gal who battles anorexia.

Ado, Congrats on being invited to the Teacher of the Year dinner, you are a favorite in my book. I will hope that you get some rain and will be able to make the dinner without worrying about your ds's meet.

Peachie, Hi!

MamaJ, I think you have had your fair share of burdens lately, things have to be looking up for you. Love to you and yours.

Hi busy Pooky, I can never figure out why chasing little ones does not help with weight loss, hopefully it will work for you!
Old 04-03-2002, 06:13 PM   #10  

Just breezing in while I have a chance to I already posted a long post on the fat discussion thread so I just wanted to let you know I'm just fine.

I'm tired most days after coming home, those little ones sure do keep me busy. Today we had a circle time directed by me on spring. I taught them all about some flowers and showed them the pictures. Ihope they really liked it. We made some sunflowers and put them up on the bulletin board--now it looks so nice

I am thinking of you all fondly--only 2 more working days and I found out I'm off next week so I can finally respond more often

Take care everyone