Old 01-26-2011, 10:01 AM   #181  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone!

Tina - Phipps is a huge Conservatory where they have ALL KINDS of flowers, birds and butterflies. I'll take pictures. Right now they are having an Orchid & Tropical Bonsai Show. It is all so breathtaking. Check it out online.....
http://phipps.conservatory.org/
PS - So glad that your tests came out good!

Maureen - I can't stay off of the crockpot recipe site!!!! hahah!

Hey everyone have a great day and drink that water and shake that bootie!!!! You all rock and we WILL do this! Gotta watch Ellen, it's her birthday! lol!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #182  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Official, down 2 more!

Tina, normal is good, hope your aches and pains go away.

I love the crock pot, hubby not so fond of it.

Phipps sounds really cool.

Supposed to be great weather here this weekend, in the 50's. I starting to get seed catalogs and can't wait for spring and summer so I can grub around in the garden.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #183  
jeanne

Hi everyone! Made the pizza bake in the crockpot tonight! Urgh.......IT WAS SOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD! And I ate too much! WW wi and meeting tommorow.

We didn't go to Phipps again! I think I ginx it! haha! Bob got called into work!

Worked on my Avon business most of the day! I have a Trade Show in March, so I started working on my displays and stuff!

Hope ya all had a good night!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:21 PM   #184  
Susan

Jeanne, I want go to the Conservatory with you! I love things like that!
Need that recipe for the pizza. Sounds yummy!

Tina, glad your test came out good.

I have a migraine coming on. Already taken my meds for it.

I've been walking everyday! Hopefully things will go down!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:41 PM   #185  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
Jeanne, I'm glad the recipe was good.
I need to find a recipe for halibut.....baked or grilled.

Susan, how is your mom?

How's everyone else doing?

David came over for supper and some care from his mom. He's sick with a bad cold...it's going around his office. I wished he would've stayed here overnight but he doesn't like our sofa bed. He's staying home from work tomorrow. I'm glad.
Not much else going on here.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:18 AM   #186  
Jillian stole my abs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar1965 View Post
Hi everyone! Made the pizza bake in the crockpot tonight! Urgh.......IT WAS SOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD! And I ate too much! WW wi and meeting tommorow.

We didn't go to Phipps again! I think I ginx it! haha! Bob got called into work!

Worked on my Avon business most of the day! I have a Trade Show in March, so I started working on my displays and stuff!

Hope ya all had a good night!

I love AVon!
Old 01-27-2011, 05:48 AM   #187  
jeanne

Awwww jenelle! Thank you! I'm not pushy so if you need anything email me or shop my site at www.youravon.com/jramelli (just sayin'! lol)

PS - wooohooooooo & good job on your loss!!!!!

Last edited by jar1965; 01-27-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:45 PM   #188  
Thursday Lady

Hi everyone
It's a busy day here.
I hope everyone has been able to stay Op so far.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:25 PM   #189  
Jillian stole my abs!

Hope you ladies will understand, I need to ramble a bit.

March 2010, hubby has heart issues, fast forward, thru, lots of Dr.s appts, and numerous visits to ER, finally surgery, he is better.

Had my first granddaughter in August! Our other son and wife due in a few weeks.

Anyway, 93 year old gramma is not well. My sisters and I have always been real close to her. We grew up, living on the other side of the barn from her. A few hundred yards and you were at Grammas house. Those were good times.

A few weeks ago, she was ok and in assisted living, then she went to the hospital, now she is in hospice, with a prognosis of 2 weeks. My sisters and I went to see her today. It is so heartbreaking, she was/is such a strong woman. She is getting a lot of morphine to help her lungs and heart to relax, and to ease her pain. She asked to talk to me, while we were there, and her concern, was how was my husband. It was all I could do to not break down, here she is, knowing, she does not have long and she is concerned about someone else.

I am so going to miss her, her wit, sarcasm, but most of all her wisdom.

She lived a very long, and quite exciting life. She went to New York, Germany, her brother was a WW II pilot and an FBI agent, played baseball for the Cornhuskers. Her sister married a german, post WWII, who swore in german, chewed cigars, and hid his 4 roses whiskey, next to the milking stall in the barn. Yeah, us kids found it, lol. She grew up, preplumbing, survived the depression, rode the horse to school, triple with her sister and brother. She has a saying for anything and everything that life will throws at you. My fave is "if you lay down with the dog, you will get up with the fleas" It took me awhile to figure that one out.

So many memories, good ones, and only one possible regret, that she will not live long enough to meet the baby due in a few weeks.

Ok, done rambling, thanks for listening, needed to get it off my chest!
Old 01-28-2011, 04:18 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

i sts this week girls i was very dissapointed i worked so hard and kept within my points
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:30 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good morning everyone

Janelle, sorry about your Grandmother but as you say, you have a lot of fantastic memories.
Susan, how's your Mom doing?
Tammy, keep taking care of you. Where are you now?
Mimi, how's it going in Kitchener?
Jeanne, any bites for jobs yet? You'll get something.
Tina, are you still going to the gym? I'm still not getting on the treadmill, this weekend I promise myself.
If I missed anyone hi to all.

Let's all have a great day on program. Yeah for Fridays!!!

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:21 AM   #192  
jeanne

Good Morning!

Jenelle - Thats what we are here for! What wonderful memories you will always have and the knowledge you can share! Hugs!

Maureen - no job.......I haven't been looking very hard tho! shhhhhh! Don't tell anyone! haha!

Tina - Hi! Hope your son is feeling better! It's been a rough winter for everybody!

Susan - Hi there! Whats new? Pat busy with the band? Hows your mom?

Gotta scoot so a BIG OL' HI to everyone else and I'll post more later!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #193  

Janelle; Yes you will miss your Gramma. Try to just be with her these last few days as much as possible, just holding her hand will make you feel a bit better. It sounds like she has had a wonderful life, so if she is awake share some of those good old memories with her.
Mimi4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:52 AM   #194  
Thursday Lady

Default janelle

janelle, I am so sorry about your grandmother's health.
It does sound like she is a very caring person, thinking about your husband when she's so sick.
You will have many memories. And, the longer you live, the more you will think about them. (That's what has happened to me since my mother passed away 2 years ago.)
We are all here for you. Please feel free to come here and "let it all out" any time.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:38 AM   #195  
jeanne

Good Saturday Morning everyone!!!!!!!!

Hope ya all had a great friday night! It was a nice quiet evening at our house and I'm home alone this morning. Soooo, laundry, exercise, dinner in the crockpot and running to get my nails done! This is my 3rd day of staying OP!!!! Wow, I really strayed there for awhile!

GO STEELERS!!!!