Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 02:50 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Default Thursday Chatters for December--Ho, Ho, Ho

Happy December, Everyone!
I hope everyone is getting over Thanksgiving delights. I'm exercising, trying to lose the added pounds that just seemed to appear the day after Turkey Day.
We actually are having cool weather for the first day of Dec. To the north of town, it was freezing. Amazing for down here.

What's up with y'all? I'm going to try my hand making chicken fajitas tonight. I think you're supposed to marinate the chicken but I don't have any marinade. Oh well, I'm sure they'll be edible.
Tina
Old 12-01-2004, 08:32 PM   #2  

Chicken fajitas sound yummy! How did they turn out without the marinade?

I can't believe that it is December already.

We have 2 trees up.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:02 AM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Pictures, please.
How about we update our photo thread! And, if you don't have a pic posted, please submit one. If you aren't sure how to navigate the system, you could e-mail it to me and I'll see what I can do.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:06 PM   #4  

Oh my. Here we go with pictures! My shopping buddies and I (Picture from last year) are going to the same place on Dec. 11. Maybe I'll see if we can get a picture and I can send an update. Those two look the same, but I'm about 25 pounds less. Still haven't hit -50 yet. Stupid 49.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:38 PM   #5  
Susan

I just wrote a bunch and it's gone!!!!
Old 12-03-2004, 08:44 PM   #6  
Susan

Let's try this again.....

I feel like I'm in a fog today. The grief counselor called to chat and to tell me about a memorial service on Monday. She said that "Grieving is never over with and it will just not be as much of an open wound." Pat won't go to the service with me so a girlfriend is going with me. I feel that I need to go. The counselor and talked about how guys just want to fix things and if you cry they don't know how to fix it.

I need to get serious about losing weight now!!!! I'm going to lose at least 5 pounds before Dec. 31. I'm going to do my best.

Pat's band is playing tonight so I'm getting ready to head out to see them. They only have tonight and New Years eve. One of the guys is quitting so they haven't decided their fate yet. It's such a good outlet for Pat. I hop they keep playing.

Who wants to come do some decorations? I'm just not in the mood this year. I didn't even send out Christmas cards this year. I have them out the day after Thanksgiving. It's normally an obession but I'm not going to do them this year. I'm sure people will understand.

Well my friends, as always you are in my thoughts.

Susan
Old 12-04-2004, 09:11 PM   #7  

Susan, I think the memorial service will be wonderful for you. Have you gone to the grief counselor for any sessions? After my mother passed away, I went to a grief group sponsored by a local Hospice group. It was the best thing that I ever did for myself. I convinced my dad to go with me, and he did reluctantly. He was very quiet the first couple of times, but then he really opened up. Maybe Pat needs some time and a small group to be with. The group we were in ranged in age from 18-78 (my dad). It was amazing how close we all became.

I'm with you on getting serious about getting some weight off. I'm sure I gained this weekend! We were at Bowling Green for a college preview day today. We went up last night and stayed at a Hol. Inn Express. Well, about 8:00 Bob decides that he wants to order a pizza. I think we should have ordered a small one and it would have been plenty. But nooooooooooooooooooooooooo, we order the large. Oh my! Then today I ate a sandwich and onion rings for lunch! I never order onion rings.

Christmas cards are still in the closet. I plan to print out labels to save time this year. I usually write notes, but with the hands and arms aching so much, that isn't going to get done. We have 2 trees up. I have 6 more, but I really don't care if they get up or not.

Susan, the Christmas after both of my parents passed away, I came to their house and put up their tree in the living room. I put the lights on a timer. There were many people who thought that I was nuts, but for me, I just had to do that. In fact, my brothers and their families and Bob, Tim, and I still came here to have Christmas. That was when we were still going through their things, and before we started the remodeling of the kitchen and bath since we were also in the process of buying the house.

Take care all of you! Tammy
Old 12-07-2004, 07:39 PM   #8  
Susan

Hi,
The candlelight memorial service was very nice. It was put on by the hospital for those who have lost babies. There were lots of tears by everyone. We walked up and lite our candles as our baby's name was read. We returned to our chairs and waited until everyone had their candles lite and all recited an Irish poem and then blew out our candle. I didn't want to blow my candle out. Even with all of the tears I'm glad I went. Pat didn't go but a girlfriend of mine went with me.

Tammy, I like the idea of putting up the tree at your parents house. My mom said she put up her tree just so Seamus could see the lights. That made me cry.

Tina, how are you doing? Do you have your shopping done?

Thank you for being such great friends.
Susan
Old 12-07-2004, 09:13 PM   #9  

Oh Susan, that is so awesome of your mom to put up the tree for Seamus! I'm glad the memorial went well. It sounds similar to one that we went to.

Thank YOU for being a great friend too!!!
Old 12-07-2004, 09:18 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

I've never heard of a service like that. I wouldn't want to blow out the candle, either.
I hope Pat will go to something like that sometime.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:58 PM   #11  

Yes those little things sometimes help a lot. I was glad that the last thing I gave my Mom last year at the nursing home, a Christmas ornament, wasn't misplaced. I was happy to hang it on my tree this year. It was one year ago yesterday that she died. It still hurts, but I wouldn't bring her back for another hour to suffer the way she did those last few months. It is wonderful that they still live within us.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:05 PM   #12  
Susan

Mimi,

I'll say an extra prayer for you and your family tonight. I know that your mom is looking over you everday just as Seamus does his momma and daddy.

I also wanted to let you know that you are doing AWESOME on your weight loss journey!!! You are an inspiration!

Susan
Old 12-10-2004, 09:59 PM   #13  

Mimi, I know how you feel. My mom passed away in 97 right before Christmas. I wouldn't wish her back for all of her pain either.

I'm heading out tomorrow with Carol and Melissa for our annual shopping trip and the stay at the bed and breakfast. The innkeeper said that she already warned everyone in town that we were coming. I'm getting a complex!!
Old 12-11-2004, 12:14 AM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Happy Friday,
Tammy, have a wonderful time this weekend. Get your friends to take another photo this year so we'll have it for our thread.
Maybe you'll find something to buy this time.

Susan, I'm glad the memorial went well. How is your weather? Finally, we'll have several days without rain.
Sis, have you seen your doctor about feeling tired and gaining weight?
Mimi, how are you?

Maureen, we haven't heard from you in several days. How is your husband?

Everyone, have a good OP weekend.
Tina
Old 12-12-2004, 07:33 PM   #15  

Tina, we forgot cameras!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it. I bought quite a few little gifts for people. Lots of bargains. I bought a shirt set for myself, but I ended up taking it back. I thought about it overnight and decided that it wouldn't be warm enough to wear to school, so why buy it? I wouldn't have been so concerned about it, but it was $45. We really didn't do too bad food wise over the weekend. And with all of the walking, I'm sure that what we did eat was OK.

I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow. I'd love to sleep all day after the weekend, but I think I'll be out of luck.
Closed Thread