Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 10:46 AM   #16  
Fun Blonde

Maria - I like others would say to pass on something you saw on a commercial. They make them look like the answer to Sick Husbands (ha!), but they usually aren't. By the way, did you ever get your sewing machine you were working for? Probably with the uncertainty in your life, you are going to wait until you are fulltime in Adelaide.

Glad you are all recouping from the weekend. And Slavika, your husband has a doctor's appointment for tomorrow? I hope he has an answer. I have had night sweats when I had a bad cold before, so it doesn't have to be anything but temperature.

We are having our whole family to our house on Saturday--12 of us--for family pictures. I have a friend who will take us to some beautiful places around our campus to take the pictures. We all have been told to wear Khaki, white, or denim or a combination. She is "almost" a professional photographer, but so much better than many. Looking forward to that.
Glenda
Old 11-05-2002, 11:03 AM   #17  
Life Time 2001

Glenda: Im not a candy eater at all. Now my DH would of gone for the bargin. He was quite sad I didnt buy any for Halloween so he could hoard it

Slavika: I do hope you DH goes to the DR. Doesnt sound like a good sign what he is going thru and it needs to be checked. But I hear you, men sometimes think they are above that stuff. Grrr..... Yeah he did call! Good for him! Let us know!

Ann: You make the Veggie soup like me! I just dump in what ever I have! Its always different, but good! Love soup this time of year. Put Boca Crumbles in my last batch Yummmm. DH asked what it was tho

Maria: I dont have 'Steam Dream Machine' so cant help you.
I do have a carpet cleaner that is gathering dust tho. Thought it would be great to be able to clean my carpets when ever I wanted. Used it a couple times. To much work So it gathers dust now.

Peggy: I checked out that site. Looks good! Anything free is good!

Later All!
Old 11-05-2002, 04:35 PM   #18  

Maria I have to agree with the others. If it sounds to good to be true it usually is!

Woke up to snow on the ground today. YUK!!!

Slavika- most of us die hard Weight Watchers still need to be reminded and coached to continue down the health path. When I'm in trouble I always turn to my souce of support. Friends (like all of you here.

As soon as I get that recipe typed in to my recipe program I'll post it for you. Tried Three times and did the same goof up all three times. Hit the wrong key and deleted the whole thing. Don't have a clue what the key was either.

Got to go .

Karen
Old 11-05-2002, 07:55 PM   #19  
Super Surfer

Angry Hi everyone

We are into major house cleaning at my place .. things are looking up. Last week we had the heating ducts cleaned out and yesterday the carpet cleaner did his job. He also cleaned the sofa. Next I will be looking for someone to re-stuff the sofa cushions and I want my Lazyboy rockers re-upholstered. Hope to get these things done before Christmas.

Can you believe that Burl Ives was singing carols on Nov 1? I don't know why they have to start so early.

My DD has 8 weeks left in her pregnancy.... getting more and more excited every day. Last Sat. I met her at the mall and we spent a couple of hours in the baby dept.. buying the travel system and little newborn things. You are right Glenda there is so much out there for babies. We had a great day. She is looking and feeling great.

There has been a lot of in my life lately.. lots going on. I deal with every crisis in my life with a chocolate bar in my hand. Now this is not a good thing because chocolate really aggrivates my digestion. Alas... I have been feeling rotten these last few days as a result. Not sleeping well either. So Lily & Karen I am taking your advice and journaling as of today. I have gained again and I am not happy. Someone else mentioned the "urge to eat the world" sometimes. Why is that? My hubby is going through the same things, he lost weight... Arrrggg

Maria I think I saw the commercial with the steam cleaner... it looked good.... perhaps too good to be true. If you could buy it from a business in your city then you could return it easily if it was garbage, but ordering it...

Slavika I forgot to ask you if a Costco visit is in our future... how about Friday afternoon? Hummmmm???

Bye for now...
Old 11-06-2002, 02:30 AM   #20  

G'day all,

A very productive day, all the washing done, ironed and back in the cupboard I also did all the grouting on my hands and knees , the floor looks like it did when we bought the place. You are all probably right, the steam machine is too good to be true. If I knew I was home permanently I would consider it because there is a 30 day money guarantee but I expect it to be a hassle if it did not live up to expectation so I need to be sure that I am home to send it back etc. etc.

Trudy sorry to hear you have been under so much stress lately, I hope things will look up soon. Your dd baby will definetly be something to look forward to. Sounds like you are all ready for winter with your major house cleaning job.
Don't mean to be rude but I thought Burl Ives would have to have been dead by now, how old is he???? I can only ever remember him as 'old' and that was years ago!

Glenda funny thing that about my super duper sewing machine , I am still determined to get it but prefer (I think )to wait till we are home for good. When I tell dh that he got his 'dream machine' but the very thing I was working for, I still have't got, he does feel a bit guilty and has told me to go out and buy it but he knows full well I wouldn't do that

Last night we saw ds' ex girlfriend, she teaches in a school not far from our place. We had quite a long chat and she was very tearful which made me tearful as well, She said she had been wanting to call in but found it just too hard to make that step. The ice has now been broken and we will go out to lunch, just her and me. We are quite excited about our son's wedding but that somebody had to be so badly hurt is casting a little bit of a shadow on it. Tomorrow 7 weeks to the big day

Well that is all for now, it is going to be a very hot day tomorrow, I might just sit around and read an Anne Rule book that I found at the library.

Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 11-06-2002 at 02:33 AM.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:55 PM   #21  
Super Surfer

Maria Burl Ives is dead, but that doesn't stop them from selling his CD's on tv... if I never hear "Have A Holly Jolly Christmas" again it will be too soon. As soon as Halloween is over they start with the Christmas decorations and advertising... I really hate the way Christmas is commercialized.
It is nice that you and your DS x-girlfriend can be friends. Too bad someone has to get hurt. Your son marrying his soul mate is the best for everyone. Seven weeks will go by so quickly.

Off to watch some tv... Animal Miracles then Dogs With Jobs, with Toronto Zoo capping off the excitement

Bye all..
Old 11-06-2002, 11:36 PM   #22  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
Actually DH appointment with his doctor is for next Tuesday. It wasn't yesterday. The good news is he is feeling great.
Went to lunch with my friend and shopping today. It's that time of the year to start Christmas shopping. I am thinking we will buy son/dil a big set of luggage for when they travel as a family, then a couple of smaller items. I don't know what to get for the grandchildren. They have expressed an interest in Beyblades, the new hot toy for the season, that is impossible to get. I have seen it on the internet and if that's what they really want I may order from there. They are "spinning tops" and only cost about $10.00 each but you need all the little extra's that go with it.....things like a launcher, launching pad and several tops. I am sticking to exercise plan, keeping a journal, and drinking plenty of water, but the POINTS need some working on.
My friend that I see so much of at the lake is having a birthday on Friday so I am having her and her DH over for dinner on Saturday night. Both her and her husband are trying to lose weight so I am planning a simple dinner of salad/twice baked potato/steak/some veg. For dessert I think I will make an angel food cake.
When I mentioned to my friend today what I was planning on having for din dins on Saturday she suggested I slice the angel food cake up into individual serving sizes and place them on a cookie sheet and "broil" them for a few minutes....then top with coolwhip or whipping cream. She said it was really good.
I may try that.
Trudy you can tell your DH we will go to Costco on Friday and he can buy his cookies.
Night all.

Last edited by slavika; 11-06-2002 at 11:40 PM.
Old 11-07-2002, 12:42 AM   #23  

On to the next thread all........
See ya there
Maria
Closed Thread