Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 08:51 PM   #16  

Susan, that is great that you have someone with you to help keep you accountable! Might be something that I should think about with a couple women at school.

Our Halloween candy is still in a jar on the kitchen counter. I have been great about staying out of it. I have had some, but not much. We weren't home for Trick or Treating, but we rarely get anyone other than relatives where we live. No sidewalks out our way, and the houses in town are much closer to each other so the kids can get much more goodies!

Band contest and football game were fun over the weekend. The band received a 2 (excellent) at contest. I would have preferred a 1 (superior), but there were only three 1's given in the 20 bands that we saw that evening. I don't know what happened after we left, but I thought the judges were being rather stingy. Oh well. Next year is another year.

Tim is going out for the freshman basketball team. Cuts will be Thursday. There are 13 boys going out, and the coach is only keeping 10. Tim is positive that he will be cut. He has almost made himself sick over it because he wants to make the team so badly. It won't be the end of the world, but a couple of his good friends will make it for sure, and he wants to be with them.

Enough for now. Take care all!!
Old 11-07-2002, 10:56 AM   #17  
Thursday Lady

It's Thursday--already. My weeks seem to be flying by for some reason.
Susan, I'm glad you had such a blast in San Antonio. I'm getting hungry for some Mexican food by the River.

Tammy, How did Tim do today? Please write and let us know.

Kady, I've never ever made a cheesecake but that recipe sounds good.

Sis, how was your anniversary getaway??????

It finally stopped raining here. The sun looks so good. We found a leak in our little bathroom. It (the bathroom) was added onto the house before we bought it. Larry will climb a laddar and look up there to see what's going on. It's hopefully just a shingle gone or maybe a little hole in a shingle. We will have to cut out and replace some sheetrock board in the ceiling. Thrill!!!!!

I hope all the new people on the weigh-in thread will come over here to post, too.

And, I hope everyone will post this week---hey, it's almost over.

Tina
Old 11-07-2002, 04:09 PM   #18  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Tina,
It was really nice! We look forward to these 2 days alone every year. We even got to take a 2 mile walk along a nature trail. We do that every year too. This year was a bit cold. I think I've gained 3 or 4 lbs over the last 2 weeks with b-days and halloween and anniversary. Oh well time to take the lumps and start over. Have a great day....Sis
Old 11-07-2002, 09:29 PM   #19  
Susan

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing well. The weeks do seem to fly by. I'm not sure where they all go! I just learned that a girl I went to high school is dying of an inoperable cancer. It really hit me hard. It made me stop and appreciate life and thankful for all that I have... bad knee and all. Make sure that you stop and count your blessings daily, we never know when it will be your last.

TIna, the sun finally come out here too. It was great seeing it.

Sis, glad taht you had a great anniversary weekend. sounds like you had fun.

Tammy, how is your busy life?

Have a great weekend.
Susan
Old 11-09-2002, 10:55 PM   #20  

Hey gang!! Basketball cuts were Friday instead of Thursday. Tim made the Freshmen Team because they moved a couple kids up to the junior varsity. Otherwise, he would not have made it. He is excited, but feels very bad about the 2 boys that didn't make it. When he had practice at 7:30 this morning (Saturday!!), I don't think he was as excited about making it. lol

I've been in a weird mood lately where I don't want to do anything exercise-wise. Anyone else get like that? I've been moody and crying. It's been this way since the time change a couple weeks ago. Maybe once I get into the time change, I'll be better????? Winter is always a tough time for me especially around the holidays, so that could be the problem too.

Susan, the brother-in-law of a friend of mine just passed away this week. He was 33. He had intestinal surgery of some kind last weekend, and his heart stopped on Monday, the day he was to be released from the hospital. The entire family is in shock. It does make you put things in perspective, doesn't it.

Well, I need to get to bed. I haven't been to church the past 3 Sundays, I think I'd better go tomorrow. Of course, 2 weeks ago I was in Michigan and that would have been a long drive that morning.

Take care everyone.
Old 11-09-2002, 11:11 PM   #21  
Thursday Lady

Hi,

It was a beautiful day here. The sun was out and it was just a little windy. I thought about raking leaves but decided it was a losing situation. With the wind, everyone's leaves were blowing in other yards.

Tammy, I'm so happy for Tim. He deserved getting on the team. You try to spend as much time in the sun as possible. Maybe tomorrow you can stay outside for a long time. I've heard that helps with the time change and our innards. Try it!!!!!

Susan, I'm so sorry about the girl you knew in school.

Kady-- keep up the good work.

Sis-- have you recovered from your fun trip?

In spite of wind tomorrow, I'm going to get my exercise raking leaves.

Tina
Old 11-10-2002, 08:53 AM   #22  
Susan

Hi ya'll,

Well, it was a beautiful day here yesterday! Today looks like a repeat. It was windy, but I love the wind. I came in from being outside last night with wind burn just like I did as a kid. Somethings never change

Tammy, give Tim our congratulations! You have a go getter there! He seems to have a big heart too being concerned about the 2 who didn't make it. I never understood why the will cut just a couple of kids, I personally think they should find a place for them... Now how is that for changing the rules?

Tammy, I agree with Tina about getting some sun. I don't like the time change either and last week was a hard one for me. I think we all get like that from time to time. So try and be outside some and do something nice for yourself! Take a bubble bath, read a book..... just do something special JUST FOR YOU!

Tina, so what's new with you? Is your son all settled in his new apartment? San Antonio was great. I ate and partied too much! But, I don't do it often and my entire family was there, so we lived it up! The Mexican food is the best there!

Nothing new here! Can't believe that Thanksgiving is in a couple of weeks. Have a great Sunday.

Susan
Old 11-11-2002, 04:06 PM   #23  
Thursday Lady

Hello,
Tammy, did you make it to church yesterday?

Our weather just couldn't have been better this weekend. It was the first weekend in quite a while that it wasn't raining, we weren't moving our son, we didn't have to do a thing!!!!
I got out and raked leaves late yesterday afternoon. It was hard work--don't laugh--it was.

Our son is all moved in. I'm still trying to figure out some kind of easy curtain to go on his 2 livingroom windows. Maybe I'll just drape something over the tops. (He really doesn't want anything on them but is indulging his mother's decorating sense.) I finally found some cheap towel holder rings. I had gone to all the stores except Big K-Mart. There I found some that were only $2.69 a piece. I got them!!!!

So what's up with everyone????? I'm back on the WW wagon today. I haven't written anything down but am keeping my journal in my head. I've used 10 pts. so far. Oh, oh, oh, I bought the Burger King 99 cent chili today. It's 4 pts. and is almost too much. It was so hot (fire & pepper) that I drank lots of water. Try it if you like chili.

I'm fixing a new recipe for supper.
You use zuchinni, fresh mushrooms, canned tomatoes w/ basil & onions, and seasonings. You cook it all together. 0 pts. A friend that's not even on WW made it up. Yummy!!!!!

Now your eyes are tired of reading.

Tina
Old 11-11-2002, 08:24 PM   #24  
Susan

Hi,
Hope everyone is doing good. I had done real well today until I slipped and had 3 small bags of M&M. I can't believe that I did it!!

How is everyone doing?

Susan
Old 11-12-2002, 06:52 AM   #25  

I did make it to church on Sunday!! Felt funny because quite a few of the older people came up and asked where I had been and if I was OK. They are all so sweet.

Saturday was nice here, but Sunday afternoon there were major storms around here. I don't know how many tornado touchdowns there were north of here, but more than zero is too many. It was nasty here, but we didn't get the worst of the storms. At 4:00 in the afternoon, it was pitch black outside. It was so creepy, because the wind wasn't blowing at all. The trees were still, and we knew that storm was out there somewhere. We had our gear ready to head to the basement.

Bob and Tim have been working on the leaves in our yard. We have a leaf sweeper that we hook onto the back of the riding mower. It is so much nicer than raking. We have too many trees!!!!! We bought a leaf blower this year too, so it's alot easier to do the spoutings. They just walk around on the roof and blow off the leaves.

After basketball practice tonight, Tim is going to my aunt's house with the mower and sweeper to do her yard. He'll have to work fast because fall sports awards thing is at 7;00 tonight. Busy, busy, busy.

Tina, I giggled about your son not being concerned about curtains. That's always the first thing that I want to do is get curtains up when I've moved. Even in college, my roomies and I got the curtains up and the beds made before we did anything else.

That recipe sounds great! I may give it a try. I think we all would like it. The M&M's sounded good too though! lol

That's all for now!
Old 11-13-2002, 07:59 PM   #26  
Susan

Hi Friends,

It has been extremely busy at school. Hopefully, I'll get a new teacher hired to replace the one leaving soon. Her last day is next Friday. I will have to wait on my knee surgery if I don't have someone hired.

Pat's been a little on edge lately. He suffers from depression but refuses to recognize it. He does take meds for it but of course he always says it for his headaches. Hope he snaps out of it soon. He doesn't like it a little if I get off kilter a bit which makes it hard.

Tammy, it's great that you have a basement. Here in Texas, basements are a rare thing. I think it would be great to have one. Very few houses have storm cellars either. I want one in our next house... that is if we ever build again.

I have to laugh. My husband hates curtains. It was the first thing that I did too. I made some temporary curtains until I got some that I liked. I had to have something up on the windows. Now my den & kitchen don't have any because we have a huge window with a great view. (I live on 11 acres and there are about 200 in front of ours that we overlook) It's a beautiful view. Now if we get a lot of traffic out here, they will be put up.

Have a great evening. Thanks for always being there!! I really value your friendship!!
Susan
Old 11-15-2002, 10:06 AM   #27  
Thursday Lady

Happy Friday

Yesterday I got the leaf vacuum out and did the yard. It looked so good. I say "looked" because the wind started up and here came the leaves again.
That's okay because it's a lot better than it was. Last night I was so sore. I wonder how many calories I burned????? I was out there for 1 1/2 hours.

Everyone have a great weekend. Does anyone have any plans? I would like to go see Santa Clause 2. Is that silly or what! I like Tim Allen. My husband really doesn't want to see it but will indulge me. He's so sweet.

Drink that water,
Tina
Old 11-15-2002, 01:14 PM   #28  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

You will just love it!! I took my kids to see it. I LOVED IT TOO.
Let me know if you love it too. My kids laughed and laughed. Especially at the reindeer. Have a great week end...Sis
Old 11-15-2002, 06:51 PM   #29  

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to say hi. I hope that everyone has a great day and weekend. *hugs*
Old 11-16-2002, 07:20 PM   #30  
Susan

Howdy,
Tina, if we lived closer together I would go with you. I want to see it too! The first one was great!
Hope everyone is doing well. I went to get my haircolored today so I can remain a brunette for another 4 weeks.
Have a great day!!
Susan
Closed Thread