Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 02:33 PM   #16  
Inchworm

Oh yes! the dreaded Teachers lounge! a bad place~

I just got home from the doctor, I like this doctor on call! I think she is Swedish. Her name is very much like Kudzu, so thought about that when I tried to remember the new name.
She is sure that it is a post nasal thing, with no infection, could have been caused by the smoke. She gave me an inhaler thing and some allergy pills to try. (she also told me to drink lots of fluids, and I read a pamphlet while i waited that stressed the importance of walking...I need to improve in both those areas. ) I will be able to go see my sis, since I am not contagious!! now need to figure out when Chili cook off tomorrow...a wedding cake next Sat. ...might have to do a sunday =monday thing...not easy to do, might just have to be patient and wait til the 9th.

She is feeling 'down' after her cat scans Wed., they showed that the tumor in her lung is smaller, but no other change. We were all hoping for a miraculous change...maybe yet to come.

dgd has had an atttitude for a cupla days, guess she is getting anxious about the big date tomorrow. "give me strength!!"

Last edited by gmalil; 10-25-2002 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-26-2002, 02:47 AM   #17  

Jan, it's about midnight here in Southern California, and I have just gotten caught up with the posts for the past few days. I am hoping that when you wake up Saturday morning, your depression will be completely gone! I can imagine feeling that way, what with all of the rain you've been having, and the disappointment of not being able to go to your WW meeting with your dh. We have had some grey days recently, and a nice soft rain fell for awhile here late this afternoon, but for us, the rain is cause for celebration! The newsman said tonight that it was probably enough to germinate the rye grass seed they spread all over the mountains where the fire had burned all of the vegatation away recently.

I lost enough to get my 5# star at WI last Wednesday, right behind JOYce! I am beginning to feel a little "lighter" on my feet the past few days, even with only 5# gone so far. Hooray! I am feeling so positive about this, girls!

Tonya, good for you; another two pounds gone! That is just wonderful. Hang in there; I speak from experience when I say that getting to goal is an up-and-down, and sometimes a long-plateau's worth of weeks and months. Just don't give up.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 10-26-2002, 11:22 AM   #18  

JOYce, I'm so glad your doctor gave you some good news; hope you're feeling better soon! I'm sure your sister will be glad to see you. Having the tumor shrink seems like a good sign, doesn't it? Re: teenage attitude, boy, do I understand! I'm sure things will calm down after the big date, you're right.

Linda, congrats on the five pound star!! I'm doing the happy dance for you. You are an inspiration!
Thanks for sending good wishes my way re: this silly depression. I'm feeling a little better today, though it's still grey and rainy. I think what got me down was thinking about my mother all last week, and how much we miss her; yesterday marked ten years since her passing. Dad and I took flowers to the cemetery, and shared memories, and that helped.

So I'm spending a cold, rainy Saturday up here at school, getting things ready for next week. The kids are having their district cross country meet, so every so often I run outside with the digital camera to take a few shots for the web site. It's amazing to see all these athletes in action! The winner in the boys' three-mile run did it in 17 minutes!! In the cold rain & mud, no less. And I haven't even done my morning walk yet; I think I'll go to the warm, dry gym and do some laps right now.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Hi to Tonya, Texaslady, Carol, Janet, and Lilithu!.

Regards,
Jan
Old 10-27-2002, 11:06 AM   #19  
Inchworm

Angry

The Chili cook-off is behind me! I was 'recognized' for my leadership over past yrs, and a call was made for someone to step up and take over. THEY BELIEVE!! I shed some tears, but it sure feels good this morning! I kept my keys to the cupboards to help a friend with a wedding next week, and thenI am giving them up! I will make the Italian wedding cake this week and serve it Saturday.

dgd got off to the dance looking gorgeous and her date looked very sharp. His parents came in to take pictures and chat a minute, found out that his dad is the Chief of Police in a neighboring town! they seem to be a very nice family. she just now walked in, looking like the 'morning after', saying it was wonderful! she has to re-coop and go play a soccer game this morning.

I'm off to church, just wanted to report on those 2 big events.

BTW, I didn't pig out and I did a line dance or 2 so am o.k. program wise.

ttyl
Old 10-27-2002, 11:09 PM   #20  

JOYce, congrats on your being honored at your church for all those years of leadership! You certainly deserve that, and more. And I'm especially glad that they have taken you seriously re: finding someone to carry on. Sounds like dgd's big date went well; how nice that his parents came in to take pictures and visit! Now that these two big events have gone off so well, I hope you'lll have a little time for yourself in here! (Though it sounds like you are baking a huge wedding cake too?! You are amazing...)

I'm here in East Texas in a motel, after a long 230-mile nonstop drive, unwinding and getting ready for this workshop tomorrow. Should be pretty interesting, though, lots of new info and concepts! Dh helped me pack my Kashi for breakfast and other healthy stuff, and I went to a grocery tonight for salad and apples. (Gotta weigh in this Saturday for November!) Tomorrow's workshop is a "lunch provided" thingy, which can be awful; I think I'll take an apple and yogurt, just in case. Will try to get up early and walk/jog around the parking lot. Too bad the weather's too cold and rainy to swim.

So, how is everyone's week shaping up?

Regards,
Jan
Closed Thread