Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 12:38 AM   #31  
Thursday Team

I know what your talking about Susan..if I could just add up all them SAME 5 pounds every time, I'd have hit goal years ago Hope you don't get too down about the gain, it's sure to disappear by the next weigh in..with even more losses!

Tina I hope you don't have white carpet!! Yikes... Good thing that Woolite did the trick though. Guess it's time to buy more shoe polish (and let Larry do his polishing in the garage )

Must have been a good week for movies! My kid and 1 of her cousins thought I should have taken them to a movie after they got home from camp! Like yea right! Crocidile Hunter will no doubt be the next movie we go see... Im looking forward to the Country Bears movie , its out July 25th I think.

I did more laps this evening and played volleyball in the pool..and did a bunch of horse play with 2 kids... where do they get all their energy??

How is everyone else doing? Seems like I'm not the only one that slowed down on posting during the summer months. Maybe everyone will start posting again........ I know Jeenie was off to Genoa for the weekend... hope it was a good trip for you!

Gonna go do something else...probably sleep... have a good day Tues....Dee
Old 07-16-2002, 10:49 AM   #32  
Susan

Good morning,

I hire out but I'm not sure anyone would be able to afford me! I didn't know steam cleaning the carpet was such hard work. I am pleased with the results ( I better be )

Tina, Was the Crocodile Hunter good? I like the show... I think Steve Irwin is just a little crazy. Glad you got the shoe polish out of the carpet... what a mess!!!

Dee, It sounds like you have fun in the water. I love to swim or just be in the water. I agree with you and kids. I don't know where they get the energy and when we actually lose ours

I'm taking it easy today. Gonna run out to Petsmart but I think that's about it.

Pat started working from home yesterday. It sure made him feel better having something to do. He goes back to the dr. on Friday for his post-op appointment.

Ya'll have a great Tuesday.
Susan
Old 07-16-2002, 11:45 AM   #33  

Tina, I remember when you had the estate sale. It was a hard time for everyone involved. When we had the auction for my parents' estate in 1999, it was so hard seeing their things sell. There was no way that we could keep everything though. One of my aunts was upset because we didn't keep more. I stayed in the house most of that day so I didn't have to watch the stuff sell.

We usually walk at least 2 miles, sometimes more. Yesterday I only did a little over a mile before my knee started bothering me. I go to the doctor on Friday. I think I'll wait to walk again until after I've been to see him.

Dee, the boys did not get the garage cleaned out Sunday night. They enjoyed playing pool, computer games, and TV more than the garage. LOL Tim did get up and help get it ready on Monday morning though.

I think it's time for me to go to a movie. It must be the thing to do. I have no idea what the last movie I saw was.

Susan, Tim can't stop talking about camp! He had a great time. He always comes home with lots of stories and he always has fun, but this year was different. He is VERY EXCITED about everything he did.

Pat has to feel better about being able to do something. It's hard when you are used to staying busy to be on "hold".

Need to put some things in the dryer and head out to the garage. My SIL has been out there organizing her things for a while. Tim is mowing the weeds. Grass isn't tall enough to mow so he's mainly doing weeds. What a waste of gas!
Old 07-18-2002, 10:09 PM   #34  
Thursday Lady

Did anyone miss me???
We went to the beach for two nights. We had a great time except for one little thing---There was a fire in one of the condos where we were staying! Yes, a fire!!!! It was 4 units down from us. It was an electrical fire and was put out quickly.
We were out in the water. We could see a police car and then an ambulance. We figured there had been a car wreck.
Then, Larry yelled at me that he saw smoke coming from the condos. We got out of the water, picked up our towels and umbrella and ran across the street.

There was no damage -smoke or anything to where we were staying. The bad thing was that we had to wait 3 hours to get back into it. There we were in our bathing suits and shirts. The management was very nice, taking water to everyone waiting. We finally left and walked over to a Popeye's for a greasy chicken lunch.
Oh, I didn't mention that our car was parked near the fire. The laddar truck was right behind it so we couldn't move out of the way. Fortunately, the car was fine.

Too much excitement for me. Other than that, we had fun!
For supper tonight, I cooked lots of veggies (and a chicken stir-fry for Larry and our son) and chocolate sugar free pudding.

We saw another movie this afternoon--- Mr. Deeds. It was silly.
Okay, I've written y'all a book.

Tina
Old 07-18-2002, 10:17 PM   #35  
Susan

Hi,
Tina, what a trip!! It will be one that you won't forget... Popeye's is my favorite kind of chicken Glad you had fun
Nothing new here!! Same ole thing!!
Susan
Old 07-18-2002, 10:27 PM   #36  
Thursday Lady

Susan, I hope Pat's doctor visit goes well tomorrow. Please let us know about it.

Dee, fortunately, our carpet is brown. We once had a white rug in our dining room. I don't know what possesed (sp?) me to buy that because it was a mess all the time. Someday I'll steam clean the bedroom carpet and be surprised that it might be a tan instead of darker brown.

Tammy--I hope the garage sale brings in lots of money.

Tina
Old 07-19-2002, 02:41 PM   #37  

Tina! So much for a relaxing trip, right? Lots of excitement for you.

We had lots of customers at the garage sale on Friday. Today we weren't busy, so we shut the doors at 2:00. We'll open up on Sat. morning and close at noon. I cannot believe how much has gone out of there! We've taken in about $400 for everyone. I don't think that's too bad considering most of the things were marked $1.00 or less. Still more to sell though. My SIL knows of a man that will come and offer so much for what is left over, and he hauls it away! I think that is our plan. I don't want to take a bunch of stuff back into the house.

Getting ready to go to the doctor in a little bit. He's doing a follow-up check about my BP medicine, weight (ick). I need to talk to him about my left knee. It is not behaving lately. I'm not able to get in as much walking as I was because it starts to hurt really bad and starts going numb.

That's all for now!
Old 07-19-2002, 06:24 PM   #38  
Susan

Hi Everyone,

We made it back from the dr. Pat is now in a soft brace. He is glad. He can now be a passagener in the car. He start p. t. next week. After 4 weeks of it he can start driving. He still can't do anything yet but can get out. So all in all good news

Tammy, great job on the garage sale!!! I just give all our stuff to Salvation Army.

I mowed this morning and I now have a headache that won't quit. It's from the heat!! Off to take a nap to see if it will go away.

Have a great day!
Susan
Old 07-19-2002, 07:56 PM   #39  

Susan, I hope your headache is gone! Great news for Pat! When Bob started his PT, I went with them so they could show me the kinds of exercises that he needed to be doing. While they were doing it, I got light headed and almost fainted! They made me leave. Am I a wimp or what?

Doctor was thrilled with the BP and he didn't mention my weight!! My knee hurts worse now than when I went because he was checking it out. He gave me some exercises to do to strengthen the knees. My kneecap is doing strange things. I'm still allowed to walk, but on flat ground only. No hills or steps for a while. He also gave me some medicine to reduce the swelling and help the pain.

It's always something, isn't it??

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 07-19-2002, 09:03 PM   #40  
Susan

Tammy,
Being one that will soon be having partial knee replacement.... make sure that you wear soft sole shoes too. Take Glucosamine Sulfate... 1500mg a day. It's in the vitamin section of the store. It helps rebuild torn or damaged cartilidge.. It takes about 4-6weeks to build up in your system. I've been taking it for about 6 yrs now. It helps too!
Susan
Old 07-19-2002, 10:43 PM   #41  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
Susan, that's great news about Pat. I'm glad things are going smoothly. I hope you got rid of that headache. Do you get allergies? Yes, this weather is something else. We stayed in the a/c most of today.

Tammy, your garage sale sounds great! It's good someone will take the left-overs off your hands.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Be careful and stay cool.

Tammy, what is your weather doing? And, how far are you from Amish country? I really want to go there some day.

Tina
Old 07-20-2002, 04:24 PM   #42  
Thursday Lady

How is everyone doing this hot Saturday? Is it hot everywhere?
I've been drinking my water.

Has anyone heard of taking vitamin B6 for water retention? I'm wondering if it works.

Have a great weekend.
Tina
Old 07-20-2002, 05:12 PM   #43  
Susan

It's HOT here!!! I've started taking B6 for PMS.... heard it was suppose to help with cramps! That's all I want it for... because mine are killers. This month they won't so bad, maybe it's workin. Normally if they aren't bad I'll end up with a bad migraine in a week. I'll let ya'll know next week.

Stay cool.
Susan
Old 07-20-2002, 08:34 PM   #44  

We had some rain yesterday, but not enough to do any good. I feel bad for the farmers. The crops need some rain bad! It's been in the 90's this week. More of the same coming next week.

We are about 3-4 hours away from one of the Amish areas in Ohio. There are others in Indiana and Pennsylvania. It would probably be the same distance to the ones in Indiana, but they are close to Tim's Boy Scout camp. lol

We opened the sale this morning and had no customers. I told Tim that if no one came by 10, we would shut it down. Wellllllllllllll, we started getting customers and it lasted steadily until 2;00. We closed about 2:30. We were hot and tired. We still have things left but not much. In fact, the man we thought that would come and take things doesn't really want to come because there is so little left.

I'm going to take my books in to school and share with the other teachers. The kids' books, I'm going to give to the librarian at school if she wants them. Clothes, I'm taking to the County Home. Knick knacks, to Goodwill. (or the FREE box in my classroom) Kids always love getting freebies!

I'm about ready to hit the pillow and it's only 8:30.
Old 07-21-2002, 02:14 AM   #45  
Thursday Team

It's mega hot here! It was like 100 this afternoon when I was getting ready to head to work. Good thing I work inside. Well my weekend has gone down hill since Thur. Was gonna get some new furniture, that feel thru for the moment. Then I found a leak around my hot water heater...ended up having to buy a new heater, and a water softner on Fri. (missed work Fri dealing with all that). Now my AC isnt running! I'm hoping its just cause my BIL is working on the bathroom stuff and he disconnected something, or he'll have to fix that. I only have a fan running in the house (gonna be hot for sleeping)! Maybe i'll go out to my new truck and turn the AC on and sleep

Tammy way to go on your garage sale. Sounds like you did really great with it. Glad to hear you BP is doing ok for now.

Susan that's great about Pat being able to get out now, and it wont be long he will be able to drive again...good luck with his PT.

Wow, you had an exciting trip Tina! Glad to hear that every thing was OK for you, and that you were able to enjoy your trip.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend. Mine has to improve right?!? LOL. I get to sleep in some...it's Sun morning! Yea!
Dee
Closed Thread