Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2001, 11:20 PM   #1  
Running Babe

Angry

Welcome to the 20 something WW thread, everyone is welcome to post!

Good Monday Morning,

Okay it is sunday night, but I'd like to say a big hello to Everyone! I hope everyone is doing well. I am still deciding on my career, I think I am leaning more toward paralegal now. I hate being indecisive. Good news, I am only 9.8lbs away from goal now. I am really starting to feel thin for the first time in my life. I still have a bit of flab, but I am weight training and hopefully that will help out. Asides from that I am feeling terrific!

Anyhoo, Hope to see you out posting tomorrow!

Take Care!

Ali

243.4/164.8/155
Old 03-05-2001, 12:36 AM   #2  
Juliehere :-)

Morning all !

(well it's really Sunday night for me !) Woo Hoo...almost to goal...that is great. I had a very relaxing weekend in bed watching movies...It was the perfect rainy day weekend..

I hope everyone had a great weekend !

Julie

ps...love the new board....can spell check now !
Old 03-05-2001, 01:07 AM   #3  
Believe it & Achieve it

Hi all!

Love the new look to the site.

Anyways I just wanted to say hi before I go to bed......

I did horrible this weekend, but tommorow (more like today when everyone reads this LOL) I will be starting the self challenge. I am determined to lose the rest of the weight! I hate it that I am doing this to myself. I am so close to goal (20 pds versus 110 when starting) and I am stretching out my victory further and further with all of my cheating.
I have to stop somewhere! O.k. I am off my soapbox/mini-self pep talk here. LOL.

I'm going to bed but I will chat with you all later.

Emily
Old 03-05-2001, 01:08 AM   #4  
Believe it & Achieve it

I think it's time to change my signature....LOL.
Old 03-05-2001, 07:13 AM   #5  
flibbertobbergenie!

Default Wow, funky new board!

Hi guys! After a weekend of distress at not being able to get on here and post, I have to say it was worth it - this is fab! I have been playing with all the options and changing lots of things and I am pleased to say you will all be added to my buddy list as you post (I will add everyone who posts here!). Only thing I haven't worked out yet is how to subscribe to different forums ...

So, how was the weekend? Mine was good but busy. A friend I hadn't seen for ages was here to graduate her PhD so we all went out for dinner (Indian) on Saturday night ... Friday we had been out to celebrate another friend submitting his PhD and getting a job ... I made lots of good decisions, including burger and chips BUT NO ICE CREAM and diet coke over beer. And at the Indian I branched out from Tandoori chicken (amazing at only 6 pts!) and got a lamb and pumpkin dish that was delish. Then on Sunday I had an athletics match (track and field). 4 hours sitting in a field in the freezing cold. Not fun, but it has inspired me to start training properly again.

Ali - less than 10lbs to goal? That's incredible! You will post us photos when you get there, won't you? And re: the career thing, I think one of the best things these days is that a career doesn't have to be for life and people are beginning to recognise the value of transferable skills. So do what makes you happiest!

Emily - you're incredible too, within 20lbs of goal. Keep us up to date on how the self challenge goes, won't you? I looked at it but since I'm going to be abroad for the next 6 weeks, I don't know what facilities I'm going to have. If I can, I'll join in too though.

Julie - that sounds like an ace weekend. What movies did you see? I saw Traffic last night in the cinema and it was incredible. Really absorbing. And lots to think about, which is always a bonus. Benicio del Toro has the most incredible face, not gorgeous but compelling. Anyone else seen it?

And for everyone who's also waiting for Bridget Jones ... I saw the trailer last night! It looks fun! But I read this morning that Renee Zellwegger won't sign up for another one because she hated having to gain a stone for the part. I have no idea why they didn't cast someone who's a normal size like Kate Winslet or someone in the first place. But I am willing to give Renee the benefit of the doubt and I am soooooooo looking forward to seeing the film. For those who haven't, read the books!!!!!!

Anyway, better post this so I can go and see what it looks like (am I sad for being so excited?!),

lots of love,
Lolly
xxx
Old 03-05-2001, 07:57 AM   #6  
Scotland's finest export

hello all! i'm back from a fab week in the lake district. didn't get to do fell walking because of the foot and mouth crisis, but we learnt to sail and did some walks/trails (usually to pubs!). there was lots of snow but lots of sun, so it felt like being in the swiss alps. lovely. sad to be back at work!! esp cos one of my computers is dead and so i can't access my email!
anyhow. i have a week's worth of posting to catch up on. will hopefully make it back on later. hope you are all well, i missed hearing all your news.
oh lolly - ta for invite to things. can't make it i'm afraid, and as soon as i can get my email to work i'll rsvp. hope the launch goes well though.
love kirsty
Old 03-05-2001, 09:39 AM   #7  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. I only have a few sec then I need to get back to work. I did really bad this weekend but I am back on track now. Kim and Kirsty, welcome back. Ok, I will talk with the rest of you later.

Trish
Old 03-05-2001, 09:49 AM   #8  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Monday Monday, I had an O.K. weekend WW wise. I went over points a bit but considering my weekend I am not disappointed in myself. I WI on wed. so I can make up for being a bit over points. I hope!
Sat. Night I had my Aunt and Uncles 50th wedding anniversary and they are hispanic so we had amazing Mexican food! AHHH! I loved it but I didn't overeat like I usually would have. I even left the cake. THis is miraculous for a sweet tooth like me. I also danced my butt off (I wish ) for an hour so that was good exercise.
I did alright yesterday, however last night I went and saw "The Mexican" with Julia Roberts and Brad Pitt and snacked on Reeses Pieces and Skittles with my friend. She and I are not good for one another in the eating dept. We actually started WW in Sept. together and it didn't go well. That is why I am starting again. Wed. will be my first WI. Anyways the movie was O.k. I am in love with Brad Pitt and he looked amazing so that alone kept my interest. It was good but not great.

Ali. Wow I cannot wait to be 9.8 pds from goal. You have made such an accomplishment! CONGRATS! You are an inspiration!!!!! AS far as the carreer thing goes I understand. I am the queen of indecision. Good Luck!

Lolly - sound like you had a jam packed weekend! Don't you just love indian food! I am obsessed!!
That's it I am running out to buy a copy of this Bridget Jones book. YOu all rave about it. When is the movie due out?

Emily- Don't sweat the weekend they are rough. You have come a long way baby

Hi to everyone else who posts today! I'll check in later!!!
This is more like a letter than a post but it was a long weekend!
Old 03-05-2001, 10:05 AM   #9  
Scotland's finest export

For those who were asking:

Foot and mouth disease is a highly infectious virus which affects cloven-hoofed animals such as cattle, pigs, sheep, goats and deer and can be fatal.
It doesn't affect humans and it has no implications for the food chain (allegedly).
Most of the countryside in the UK is out of bounds at the moment, until they can contain the virus. The incubation period is 14 days so there will need to be 14 clear days without a new case before they can say it is under control. At the moment there have been about 70 cases in the UK, and thousands of animals have been slaughtered. They aren't sure if the virus has peaked yet.
If you want to know more about it then http://news.bbc.co.uk/ or www.newscientist.com will no doubt have lots of info...
kirsty
Old 03-05-2001, 10:17 AM   #10  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm posting or replying!
I'll play around with it tonight.
I was bad this weekend, but not too horrible! No excercise, so I'm hitting that today! AND going to the gym tonight, with or without my fiance.
I hope everyone has a good Monday! I'll lurk until I have time to post properly!
Old 03-05-2001, 11:07 AM   #11  
Eve's Mom

Hi girls...wow, this is different! I like it...

Ali - that is so cool about being so close to goal....I am proud!

Lolly - trie dto get that book on the weekend but it was sold out - must be big here too!

Oh well...

My weekend was not so stellar - I was over a few pts every day...I had fun though...bad, I know.

I better sign off quick and get some work done, I'll check in at lunch!!

Belle
Old 03-05-2001, 11:48 AM   #12  
Crime Fighter

Happy Monday, Girls!

WI tonight... yikes! I had a dinner party this weekend which was fab, but way too much food leftover. So we'll see the damage tonight. It's important for me to weigh in regularly (i.e. more than once a month) because I still think that my old habits could creep in easily enough.

Congratulations for everybody that is so close to goal!!!

I'll check in later.

L
Old 03-05-2001, 12:10 PM   #13  
Go Avalanche!!

Another disastrous weekend! We did go shopping at Sam’s club and I bought yogurt, pickles, low fat lunch meat etc. Really want to get back on track. Only got the dog out for a walk once (bad) and didn’t bother counting points. OK, so where is this Self thing? I’d like to check it out. Anything to motivate me!

Kay: My husband’s family is all boys as well. There is one niece among 8 kids so far. It’s funny though b/c my hubby is 10 years younger than the 4th of 5 boys. His mom is convinced he is going to have a girl b/c he’s been the one that’s always done things differently. I told him too that we are going to have a girl, so he’s outnumbered! Hehehehehehe.

Belle: So what happened with b/f?

Gotta run for now!
Old 03-05-2001, 12:21 PM   #14  
Juliehere :-)

Hi all,

I really like the new board ! It's so cool....I've added you all to my buddy list... Not sure what it does yet...

As for my weekend...I watched movies on TBS....they kept replaying them all weekend...I would doze during one...and catch what I missed later....it was really relaxing...I was such a great weekend...I did nothing !

I'm tired today though....it's still raining here in CA....I love the rain, only if I can stay home in bed !

I did ok foodwise, but it could have been better...didn't drink my water or exercise...

I started the Self challenge today...I will give you my results later Jen....after I go to the gym :-)

I hope all is well with you all...have a great day !

Julie
Old 03-05-2001, 12:27 PM   #15  
Go Avalanche!!

OK, I replied before I realized I hadn’t read today’s posts! I love the new look of the forum!

Ali: I am so excited for you! Only 9.8 pounds?!?!?! Wow!!

Lolly: That part about Renee Zellwegger not wanting to have to gain weight for the film just cracks me up! We can all appreciate where she is coming from!

Kirsty: Welcome back, we missed you!

Trish: We need to think of a team name for the two of us!!! Team Persistence? Team Plateau? Team same 20 pounds up and down for 2 years??

Wazzup!!! to everyone else!! Happy Monday

OK, something just wierd happened! I normally cut and paste so I can read and reply offline. It won't let me left click anymore so I have to use the menu options on the tool bar. When I do right click on the reply screen, it shows you this cute little yellow creature with a green hair and antenna's and is kissing at you! No, I'm not halucinating. Anyone else gotten it or know what why how???
Closed Thread