Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2000, 12:02 AM   #1  
One Day At A Time

Thought it was time for a new thread.

WOW...now I have an excellent excuse for not eating beets!!!!

Hope everyone is having a good week. I haven't been doing much of anything except I went w/Bryanna's class on a field trip yesterday to a place called the Pumpkin Patch. The kids really enjoyed it. I'm still job searching...hopefully something will pop up soon since Christmas is only 2 months away I won't be having weigh-in this week because the place we have class is getting ready for a crafts festival this w/e. That's OK though because, according to my scales, I haven't lost anything this week. Guess the 4 lbs wanted to even out this week.

Take care
Robin
Old 10-25-2000, 12:47 AM   #2  
soon to be thin

Good afternoon: This morning I had a dentist appt. I have such a headache now I really hate going to the dentist but don't dare say that in front of my kids!

Byrd thanks for starting the new thread I too went on a field trip last week to a pumpkin patch with my Kindergartner I had just as much fun as the kids did!

Have a nice day!

------------------
TALK TO YOU "LIGHTER"
Tammie
Old 10-25-2000, 05:58 AM   #3  

This weekend I went home to visit my parents for mom's 60th birthday celebration. Totally went OP since we had cake and dad cooked scrumptious breakfasts both mornings... I was pleased to find that I still lost .6 lbs this week. Hey, it's a loss and even over 1/2 a lb! That puts me at 7.6 for the 4 weeks (exactly) I've been back on WW. I am more than pleased with that.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 10-25-2000, 11:40 PM   #4  
soon to be thin

Good afternoon: Today is going ok so far. I have been craving pumpkin pie for days I decided to go ahead and buy one so I would stop thinking about it. I had 1 piece and I feel satisfied.

Bama Bert WTO with the loss! It took me a second that OP means on plan and off plan! LOL

Everyone have a great day.

------------------
TALK TO YOU "LIGHTER"
Tammie
Old 10-27-2000, 01:39 AM   #5  
soon to be thin

Good afternoon: I have some interesting news and would like your feedback. I picked up a book today on how to stop cravings. They said to drink water only when thirsty! That all that water were told to drink streches out the stomach muscles and makes us even more hungry!! What do you think?

------------------
TALK TO YOU "LIGHTER"
Tammie
Old 10-27-2000, 06:15 AM   #6  

GOOD AFTERNOON TO YOU ALL
TammieThat pumpkin pie sounds yummy! Way to go for just having one piece. How is the bouncing going on the trampoline? I think that it is really important to drink a lot of water. I don't think that it stays in our stomach very long. I think you should keep drinking it. It also burns calories warming up the water and flushing it through.
Bama Bert You are doing an incredible job on the weight loss! Keep up the great work.
RobinHow is the job searching going? What kind of job are you looking for? Are you still peddling around on that exercise bike?

Meshell Welcome to our group! Haven't seen any postings from you for awhile...You still out there. It is great that you are doing ww.

I have been trying very hard to eat 25 points a day this week. I will be celebrating my 20th anniversary in Nov. and want to look my best. I know I was just a baby when I got married. My kids and parents are putting on a dinner and dance for us for about 100 people. I am looking forward to it.
Old 10-27-2000, 06:31 AM   #7  

Tammie I just copied this article from Dotti's site for you. You have been there haven't you?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How 8 Glasses a Day Keeps Fat Away

Incredible as it may seem, water is quite possibly the single most important catalyst in losing weight and keeping it off. Although most of us take it for granted, water may be the only true "magic potion" for permanent weight loss!

Water suppresses the appetite naturally and helps the body metabolize stored fat. Studies have shown that a decrease in water intake will cause fat deposits to increase, while an increase in water intake can actually reduce fat deposits. Here's why: The kidneys can't function properly without enough water. When the kidneys don't work to capacity, some of their load is dumped onto the liver. One of the liver's primary functions is to metabolize stored fat into usable energy for the body. If the liver has to do some of the kidney's work, it can't operate at full throttle. As a result, it metabolizes less fat, more fat remains stored in the body, and weight loss stops. Drinking enough water is the best treatment for fluid retention. When the body gets less water, it perceives this as a threat to survival and begins to hold on to every drop. Water is stored in extra cellular spaces (outside the cells). This shows up as swollen feet, legs and hands. Diuretics offer a temporary solution at best. They force out stored water along with some essential nutrients. Again, the body perceives a threat and will replace the lost water at the first opportunity. Thus, the condition quickly returns. The best way to overcome the problem of water retention is to give the body what it needs…PLENTY OF WATER. Only then will the stored water be released. If you have a constant problem with water retention, excess salt may be to blame. Your body will tolerate sodium only in a certain concentration. The more salt you eat, the more water your system retains to dilute it. But getting rid of un-needed salt is easy - just drink more water. As it's forced through the kidneys, it takes away excess sodium. The overweight person needs more water than the thin one! Larger people have larger metabolic loads. Since we know that water is the key to fat metabolism, it follows that the overweight person needs more water. Water helps maintain proper muscle tone by giving muscles their natural ability to contract and by preventing dehydration. It also helps to prevent the sagging skin that usually follows weight loss - shrinking cells are buoyed by water, which plumps the skin and leaves it clear, healthy, and resilient. Water helps rid the body of waste. During weight loss, he body has a lot more waste to get rid of - all the metabolized fat must be shed. Again, adequate water helps flush out the waste. Water can help relieve constipation. When the body gets too little water, it siphons what it needs from internal sources. The colon is one primary source. Result? Constipation. But, when a person gets enough water, normal bowel functions returns. So far, we've discovered some remarkable truths about water and weight loss:

The body will not function properly without enough water and can't metabolize stored fat efficiently.

Retained water shows up as excess weight.

To get rid of excess water you must drink more water.

Drinking water is essential to weight loss. How much water is enough??

On the average, a person should drink eight 8-ounce glasses every day. That's about 2 quarts. However, the overweight person needs one additional glass for every 25 pounds of excess weight. The amount you drink also should be increased if you exercise briskly or if the weather is hot and dry. Water should preferably be cold - it's absorbed into the system more quickly than warm water. And some evidence suggests that drinking cold water can actually help burn calories. When the body gets the water it needs to function optimally, its fluids are perfectly balanced. Once this happens you have reached the "breakthrough point". What does this mean?

Endocrine-gland function improves.

Fluid retention is alleviated as stored water is lost.

More fat is used as fuel because the liver is free to metabolize stored fat.

Natural thirst returns.

There is loss of hunger almost overnight.

If you stop drinking enough water, your body fluids will be thrown out of balance again, and you may experience fluid retention, unexplained weight gain and loss of thirst. To remedy the situation you'll have to go back and force another "breakthrough".
Old 10-28-2000, 02:03 AM   #8  
soon to be thin

Good afternoon: Today is going ok so far. Yes, I have been jumping on my trampoline everyday I don't get to the spa.

Deelite Wow! thanks for the water information. I too believe you should drink lots of water. I will make a copy of the information about NOT drinking at least 8 glasses of water. I've never heard this before and I've been battleing my weight for years so, I just wonder maybe too much could strech the stomach? The next time I go to the Dr. I will make a copy of what I heard. The book is CURE YOUR CRAVINGS BY:YSFIM SHUBENTSOV AND BARBARA GORDON.

Have a great night!!

------------------
TALK TO YOU "LIGHTER"
Tammie
Old 10-28-2000, 05:41 AM   #9  
One Day At A Time

Hey everyone...I've just been lurking around this week. I've been a bit depressed...I didn't get the job (closing agent @ a title company), no weight loss, Reagan has been sick, almost TOM, worrying over bills, eating too much the past 2 days because I've been depressed, etc. Wonderful huh? Also, I haven't exercised in 1-2 wks. I'm still looking around for a job, but I was hoping to find a GOOD one. I have a paralegal degree, but those jobs are hard to come by where I live & I'm not sure if that's what I want to do right now anyway. I really want to work from home, but those are even harder to come by around here. There was an ad in the paper this week for a transcriptionist (at home) & I sent a resume, but who knows. Oh well, didn't mean to sound so dreary, just didn't want you to think that I disappeared. Have a great w/e

Robin
Old 10-29-2000, 02:49 AM   #10  
soon to be thin

Good afternoon: Today is going pretty good. I finally weighed myself (at home) Not as bad as I thought!

Byrd We all have our bad times. Things will get better soon, they always do Just hang in there and try to find the positive in things. I think you need these smiles
Everyone have a good day!

------------------
TALK TO YOU "LIGHTER"
Tammie
Old 10-30-2000, 06:20 AM   #11  
One Day At A Time

Thanks Tammie...I really did need those

Robin
Old 10-30-2000, 07:16 PM   #12  
Net browser

DEELITE That was a good article on the benefits of drinking water. I knew it was important now I realize it's even more important then I thought. Thank you for posting it.
Slavika
Old 10-30-2000, 11:49 PM   #13  
soon to be thin

Good afternoon everyone: Well, I'm not sure what happened but......I just ate a big kit kat bar!! Now I pretty much have to starve the rest of the day!

Have a great evening!!!

------------------
TALK TO YOU "LIGHTER"
Tammie
Old 10-31-2000, 10:01 PM   #14  

Good Morning

I thought I would let you know that I posted on fifties and sixties board about the new program for ww. No I am not that old! I have some friends over there. I guess they have some changes in store for us.

Hope that everyone is op and that you have a good day!

Dee
Old 11-01-2000, 12:10 AM   #15  
soon to be thin

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!

------------------
TALK TO YOU "LIGHTER"
Tammie
Closed Thread