Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2002, 09:00 AM   #31  
I'm on my way!

Good morning Julie...

Meal planning...you mean like what are you having for Easter dinner and how many points each thing adds up to? I like to know how you can eat on plan during the holiday meal. Especially like getting holiday recipes.

This year we are just having Easter dinner at home so I will be able to control it. We are having a spiral cut ham, baked sweet potatoes and probably steamed asparagus. I was debating whether to make an easter bread but I saw one in the WW magazine I might try. Andrew and I will color eggs this week even though he doesn't understand...I want to do it..I think thats why I had a kid?!! LOL so I can do the fun stuff again and no one will laugh at me!

Talk about fun stuff....my son just learned to climb up on the couch by himself this morning and jump up and down. How do I teach him NOT to get up there! I hate yelling at him....I try to tell him nicely that he will fall and get hurt but he just laughs at me. He is only 18 months old and doesn't understand. I went into the bathroom and came out and he was up there....

I have come to the conclusion that whenever I come back to posting everyone else LEAVES so I think I shouldn't post here any more!!
Old 03-24-2002, 09:39 AM   #32  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

Ok guys, this is the very last thing to go.(computer) We left this for last. So I'll see you all in a couple of days. Happy Palm Sunday.
Hugs,
Pamela
Old 03-24-2002, 10:07 AM   #33  

Hi Michele,

Yes, I would like to have the members plan an Easter meal and stay within their points range. Now, they can bank points throughout the week so that they can have more to eat on that particular day. I have done this before and the members seem to like it but it does get boring for me, and to talk about stress..........well you can only go so far with that one too.

I had to laugh when you mentioned that your little one has learned to crawl up on the couch and jump, boy do I remember those days. Believe me, they learn quick when they fall, but I know that we don't want them to do that so just keep telling him that the furniture is not to jump on. He is only 18 months old, this will mean nothing to him, but eventially it will

Julie
Old 03-24-2002, 10:08 AM   #34  

Sorry Michelle, I didn't mean to spell your name wrong
Old 03-25-2002, 08:07 AM   #35  

Planning an Easter meal sounds good to me...............Maybe someone will come up with a different type of recipe! I'm hungry just talking about it!
Old 03-26-2002, 06:43 AM   #36  

Just thought I would stop in for a minute, today is my head-out-of -the- house early day.

I have some great recipes that I will share tomorrow, maybe some of you who will be doing the Easter cooking can use some of them.

You all have a great day.

Julie

YOU CAN'T GET TO WHERE YOU'RE GOING IF YOU DON'T START THE JOURNEY
Old 03-27-2002, 02:59 AM   #37  

Great quote Julie and yes please post the recipes!
Old 03-27-2002, 06:34 AM   #38  

I'm running late this morning, I will start posting some of the recipes tonight when I get home from work.

Hope you all have a great day.

Julie

new way to get exercise: Shake your head violently, back and forth while saying no to second helpings
Old 03-28-2002, 06:41 AM   #39  

Sorry that I didn't get here last night in case anyone checked.

Here are a few recipes that the members came up with:

Asparagus: 1 tsp. ginger root freshly grated - 2 tsp. sesame oil - 1 tsp. soy sauce - 1 lb. asparagus trimmed. Heat broiler and combine ginger root, oil and soy sauce. On a baking sheet arrange asparagus and coat with mixture. Cook until slightly browned, about 5 min.

Serves 4 - 1 point per serving

Easy Creamed Green Beans - serves 8 - 2/3 c = one serving - 1 pt. per serving

1 8 oz. pkg. Philadelphia fat-free cream cheese - 1/4 c. skim milk - 1/4 tsp. lemon pepper - 3 16 oz. cans French style green beans, rinsed and drained.

In large saucepan, combine cream cheese, milk and lemon pepper. Cover and cook on medium heat, stirring often, until mixture is smooth. Add beans, mix well to combine. Lower heat and smiier 5 min.

just some points for common food:
potato chips 14 - 4 pts.
deviled eggs - 2 halves - 4 pts.
Dinner roll - 1 - 3 pts.
biscuit 1 - 2-4 pts depending on the size
baked beans - 1/2 c. - 5 pts
cole slaw - 1/2 c. - 4 pts
broccoli and cheese - 2/3 c. 1 pt.
sweet potatoes baked - 8 oz. - 3 pts.
White potatoes baked - 8 oz. - 2 pts.
scalloped potatoes - 1/2 c. 3 pts
Au Gratin potatoes - 1/2 c. 6 pts.
Ham - 2 oz. 3 pts.
Turkey - white - 2 oz. 2 pts.
beer - 8 oz. - 2-3 pts depending on brand

Just a note here, you can figure out points for your favorite recipes. If you haven't, it does take sometime but really worth it.

Have a great day.
Julie

It's important to be a go-getter. But it's even more important to know what it is you want to go and get.
Old 03-29-2002, 12:34 AM   #40  

Thanks Julie..those recipes sound good and the point tips are very helpful! You are a Jewel !!!!!!!!!!!

I hurt....been up 32 hours staight...anxiety is back big time..just came out of the blue! I washed all day yesterday(my son moved to another place and sent all his laundry home that he was leaving behind at my other sons! Then I stripped all the beds here and did the pillows too and cleaned the bathroom. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice so I would like to work outside but I may be sleeping! Oh I sorted through some paper work too..........still so much junk here!

I'm awlful hungry but still op! Guess I need to go to bed!!!!

Old 03-29-2002, 09:05 AM   #41  

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to HOP in and wish you all a Happy Easter. This will be a busy weekend here so I'm not sure if I will get back until Monday.

Be careful of those chocolate easter candy things!!! Remember, if you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you won't.

Candice, thank you for those kind word.....now did you get some sleep?

Hugs to all.
Julie
Closed Thread