Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2002, 04:27 AM   #16  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Jen, I haven't had red meat for about six years now. I am a semi-vegetarian (I only eat fish) and I haven't missed meat at all. I feel so much healthier this way.
Old 02-16-2002, 10:28 AM   #17  

Angry

Hi Buddies

Jen, thanks for the chicken soup idea. My mom swore by eating chicken soup you would feel better. I loved the way she made it. She would boil an egg & it tasted good. I miss her

Dianne. Willie is so funny. I haven't cooked in 2 days
I have no energy. I think by tomorrow I'll feel much better.
I hope

Myra, Pete could eat fish everyday. I like shrimp but like Jen I can't stand that fishy taste.

Going to relax. Be back this evening.

Love,
Es
Old 02-17-2002, 06:35 PM   #18  

Hey girls, how is everyone. I just finished reading all the post for this thread, but I need to go back to the last thread and finish catching up.

After all that studying 2 weeks ago, I came down with a cold. Its not a bad one, but I do seem to stay tired. I think its finally on the downhill swing at the moment. I'm hoping that I'll feel like exercising soon!!

POGO, welcome to our little group.

JEN, glad to hear that Joe's test came out all right. I know that must have been a big relief. How is school going. I made a C on one test and a high B on another. I won't find out what my algebra grade was until Tuesday. Hopefully I'll get that C and B up to an A.

ES, sorry to hear you feel bad. I know how you feel. Tell Pete happy belated birthday from me.

ZOE, where are you going on vacation. I know it is well deserved. My husband and I would love to get away just for a weekend.

DIANNE, thanks for missing me girl. I haven't been online much. Not even in the chat room.

MYRA, congrats on the steady downward plunge!!! You are doing such an amazing job.

I know I'm missing somebody, but I better get hubby up so he can go to work tonight.

Check in with you tomorrow.

Ruth
Old 02-17-2002, 06:51 PM   #19  
Lifetimer

So much work. Been hard posting. Had a real challenging day Friday. Hard getting back OP. Hopefully it won't effect my WI this week too much. Hope everyone is well.
Old 02-18-2002, 08:10 AM   #20  

Talking

Hi Buddies

Ruth, so happy to hear from you. Sorry to hear you caught a cold. It's a real bummer cause it makes us feel so weak right? I'm almost over it.

Myra, that's what is so great about this program. We will face many challenges but we can get right back on track. It's not like most of these diets today that you have a limit. It's so easy. I love it.

I've been resting the last 4 days so starting tomorrow back to exercising. This cold threw everything off.

I emailed Terri the other day but I haven't gotten a response yet. Hope all is well.

Hi Jen, Dianne, Terri, JanieD, Sandy, Viola & Pogo.

Have a great day

Hugs,
Essie
Old 02-18-2002, 08:56 AM   #21  
Lifetimer

I am on an e-mail list with Terri. She is doing fine. She is away for the weekend. I'm sure you'll get a response from her after she gets back. I don't know why she hasn't been posting here, whether she is still having problems getting in or if she just stopped trying. I hope she comes back. She adds so much.
Old 02-18-2002, 11:16 AM   #22  

Hi all,

Just taking a moment to check in - it's the Monday of a three-day weekend. I just got back from a walk with my husband and I'm trying to fit one in later with my sister-in-law. It's a bit windy, but the sun is out!

I weighed in on Friday - and I was up 1/2 pound. I've been posting on the journal board and went to the meeting feeling pretty in control. But that lousy 1/2 pound was disappointing. Does this every happen to any of you? You have a week when you think you're doing great, but then there's a gain. Another week, you'll feel out of control - but then you loose one or two pounts! I'll start the journal again tomorrow. Today we went out to breakfast and I had french toast - probably at least 10 points.

I'll click back on later tonight. Have a good day everyone.
Old 02-18-2002, 11:33 AM   #23  
Lifetimer

I wouldn't let it get to you, Pogo. Most likely it is just water retention. Did you have something salty the day or so before WI? You will likely be down this week if you don't let your disappointment set you off.
Old 02-18-2002, 11:51 AM   #24  

Thumbs down Howdy

Hi guys:

Ruth - Good to hear from you. Sorry you have a cold. My daughter is in College and she just finished a week with all kinds of tests and staying up all hours, etc. to study and she wound up having to go to the emergency room day before yesterday. She was so sick and dizzy she fell in the shower! Turned out she has the flu and is taking meds and on bedrest. I feel awful, willie and I wanted to go pick her up and bring her home to recover, but she said she wants to stay. Its hard when your child is away and sick - I don't like it at all Anyway, take care of yourself and feel better soon.

Es - Same to you - hope you are over your cold and feeling better.

Myra - Don't sweat what you did Friday too much, I'm sure you'll be fine for wi and if not, you'll do it next week. You're doing so well.

I lost 1 lb. this week, which was good. It's going slowly (last week I was up .4 - BIG DEAL!)so it was good to see that little loss this week.

Hi to Jen, Terry (miss ya), zoe (hope you're having a blast), pogo, viola and Janie. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Be back later.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 02-18-2002, 05:38 PM   #25  

Angry

Myra, thanks for letting me know about Terri. I really miss her.

Dianne, I feel so bad for Alana I know how you feel. David was sick last week & I felt awful. 31 yrs. old & I stiil want to take care of him. It would be different if he had someone, like a steady girlfriend. He's much better. He had a sinus infection w/ear infection. WTG with your 1 lb. loss

Pogo, like Myra said, don't let that 1/2 lb disappoint you. Many times those small disappointments led me to quit. I hated going in to hear that I gained. I'm over that now. You decided to exercise which I think was a great choice.

Back to work tomorrow

Have a good evening everyone

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 02-18-2002 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-19-2002, 10:45 PM   #26  

Wow, you girls have been kinda quiet today. I hope you are all okay.

Dianne, congrats on the one pound loss. I've been off track for over a week now, wouldn't be surprised if I have gained a few pounds back. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Hello to everybody else.

Ruth
Old 02-20-2002, 11:21 AM   #27  

Hi everybody:

Ruth - you're right, is has been kind of quiet in here. Where the heck is everyone???? Thanks for the 1 lb. congrats - this sure is a struggle isn't it?

Jen - where are you girl?

Hi Es - Alana's still sick unfortunately, but she's on meds and she's resting. Willie wants so badly to "go get her", - "daddy's girl".

Hey, guess what guys: Willie and I are planning on a cruise! We just started checking things out last night. He's been after me for a few years to go on a cruise, but before the kids were still at home, I wanted to go Florida to see Steven, etc. Well, now that the kids are in college and we saw Steven & family last month........we are planning on Sept. Because its much cheaper We are trying to decide between the Eastern Carribean, which includes San Juan, St. Thomas, Nassau and St. John (never heard of St. John) and the western carribean, which includes the Cayman Islands, Cozumel in Mexico and Ocho Rios in Jamaica. I'm kind of leaning towards the western part, cause I've always wanted to visit the Cayman Islands. Anyway, its all still in the early stages of planning, but we are getting excited
Actually, the other good part about this is we will be leaving from Miami which means on the way back, we could spend a few days with Steven and Monica and the kids (you knew I'd try to throw that in, didn't ya, lol).

Well, I hope everyone is okay - hi to Viola, Janie, Zoe (hope your'e having a great time girl!), Terry, (miss you lots)and Myra.

Wakies everyone!!!!!!!!!!! Come say howdy!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 02-20-2002, 01:56 PM   #28  

Hi gals,
Sorry I haven't posted lately. I have been really stressed at work. 3 dealines all coming up at once, plus I am going away on a woman's retreat this weekend so I have to get myself ready as well as Steve for a full weekend taking care of Ellen. Naturally due to stress I haven't been watching and journaling as I should and consequently this week I gained 1.5 lb. I am sure I won't be able to be very careful at the retreat either because I won't have much control about the menu. I should be able to get in a lot of walking though (weather permitting), since there are incredible trails on the grounds.

Hugs to all,
JanieD
Old 02-20-2002, 03:06 PM   #29  
Lifetimer

Janie, sorry about your gain. If it is any consolation I am expecting about a 2 lb. gain later today according to my home scale, which tends to be right in synch with the one at WW. I guess it is not surprising considering the past two weeks, but I am real bummed. There is always next week, right?
Old 02-20-2002, 04:19 PM   #30  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone,

I was here last night, had a nice long post going, and got booted

Hope Alana's feeling better, Dianne. They're always our babies, aren't they? Congrats on the pound gone! Very cool about the cruise plans! That's a nice time of year to take a vacation.

Janie, don't sweat the gain. You've done very well in the past, and as we all know, there's always next week.

I've had a lousy two weeks, points-wise, also. Just have to hang in there. I will confess, I skipped weigh in last week.

Es, hope David's feeling better, and that your cold is gone. Knock wood, everyone here has avoided all of that this winter.

Ruth, how's school? Did you get your algebra grade? I got an 88 on my exam. I'm glad I passed, of course, but it was a good indication that I need to spend more time studying. Another exam next Thursday.

Joe is doing well. We had a very nice long weekend, as he was off work on Thurs. and Fri. after the angiogram. I could tell he was already antsy to get back to work on Saturday

take care, more later,
luv,
~Jen
Closed Thread