Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2002, 06:35 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Red face Hump Day!

Hello girls!
Sorry I didn't make it online mon and tues. work v frantic. but hopefully quieter today.
so - how's it going? i had an unplanned party at mine on sat night (basically went out to pub with friends and then everyone ended up coming back to mine). went on till godknowswhen, advantage of having party at home is that i went to bed at some point and let everyone get on with it! BF stupidly decided to drink half a bottle of absinthe (on top of beer and wine). he is still feeling dodgy - days later! guess we're not teenagers anymore!
stacey - that's awful you can't post from work. don't they realise that a happy worker is a productive worker and they're making you sad? are you coping without chocolate. i haven't given into ice cream yet. i'm feeling v proud of myself!
lisa - yup - the bad news is that once you get to goal you need to have a WW mentality for life. obviously you can splurge more now and again and you get more points, but you can't go back to eating whatever you want. still, it's a question of what is more important to you. do you really want that bit of cake or do you want slim thighs? enjoy your vacation!! lucky girl!!
jess - hope the talk with your boss went ok? your leader sounds horrible. you know you've gained you don't need him to rub it in your face. i think men have this idea that people respond positively to negative criticism. i know i don't!
trish - hooray on the 4.4! go girl!!!
jenl - how did the wine go last night? i went out with friends from work and managed to stop at two glasses and i didn't eat all the nibbles that they bought. knowing BF was cooking dinner for me at home helped of course. problem with me and wine is that once you start, you just can't stop.
becky - did you go WI?
kim - ooh i want the squash recipe too - sounds good!
tonya - good luck getting properly back on track. seems like you are having trouble sticking to it this time round. i don't know if this will help, but what i like to do is write down everything i'm planning on eating and all the points at the beginning of the day so i know where i am and i feel more in control. i'm also less likely to snack and end up going over points. and then it's nice to look back and see you've done a whole week on track. and then you do it again. with the occassional splurge of course, cos i reckon that falling off can actually help your resolve to get to goal.
jenk - hope you're not too cold today? it's pretty grey and miserable here in london. as always!
rina - i think you asked me if salmon was "fishy". i know what you mean, and no i don't find it too bad. i only buy skinless and boneless smoked salmon fillets and i steam them with some lemon.
gosh, this is v long!!! i have to run away to "body conditioning" class now but i'll come back later. hello to everyone i missed, it's not intentional!
kirsty
:sheep:
Old 03-06-2002, 10:00 AM   #2  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jess - you are NOT overreacting AT ALL!!!!! I would be furious and say something to you. Your boyfriend loves you because of who you are and not how much you weigh. And your leader of all people should know that we do this for ourselves and not others. I'm fuming right now. If that were my leader, I'd first tell him what I thought and second complain to someone. That is AWFUL!!!!!!!!!

Kirsty - Sounds like you had a FUN weekend. Is absinthe legal??? I've read a lot about it in Hemmingway's novels, but I thought that it was long gone! Sounds so glamorous in his books!

At my max yesterday and I'm bumming because my plan was to eat my min all four days before vacation. AGH! I'm already not going with the plan and I haven't even left for vacation.

Lisa
Old 03-06-2002, 10:18 AM   #3  
Bono Fanatic!

Angry heoll!

Kirsty - Good to see you! I ended up splitting a bottle of wine with my friend last night, so didn't do as well as I had hoped. But when she wanted to go somewhere else and drink more, I went home, so I guess that is a small victory! That is so great that you still haven't given into the ice cream temptation. Do you think this has caused you to lose any weight? Not that it matters, because you must have a great sense of accomplishment giving up something you love.

Lisa - Try not to be so hard on yourself. So, you didn't do what you had planned yesterday, but you were still within your points. Forget about yesterday and try to eat lower points today like you had wanted to do. And I'm sure you will be fine while you're on vacation, for the simple fact that you are thinking about it and have a plan. Even if it's not followed perfectly, it's better than going hog wild! I went to Jamaica for 8 days right in the middle of my maintenance period (before reaching lifetime) and stayed at an all inclusive resort, which meant food around the clock pretty much, and although I didn't do as well as I had hoped, I still did fine. It will all work out!

Jess - I agree with Lisa - you should complain to someone about your leader, and let him know how much what he said bothered you. We go to these meetings for support and encouragement, and if you leave feeling so down, someone is not doing his job correctly. But you said it, you know exactly why you gained, it happened, and now you can move on. Your leader is evil!

I actually brought my gym bag with me to work so I could go the gym downtown here before going home. Now, I am a big work-out-at-home kind of girl, but am trying to add a variety to my running routine, so this is a BIG step for me!
(I love the smilies today!!)
Old 03-06-2002, 10:20 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

hi lisa,
don't panic!! at least you're at your max and not over points. start banking some from today. plus, you might find you don't need all your points some days of the vacation. do plenty exercise whenever poss to get a few bonus ones in. you'll do great - just don't give up before you've even started!
i think absinthe has only recently become legal again in the UK. BF bought a bottle of it as a gift for an artist friend (whose exhibition just opened in london's national portrait gallery). they decided to drink it together and test all the diff ways of doing it. neat, with water, sugar, heated etc. i don't think he'll ever touch it again!
where's everyone else?! come and play!!
ooh - hello jenk!! half a bottle of wine is nothing! knowing you resisted more is def a victory! i've def lost weight not eating ice cream. and also cos i'm keeping track of what i do eat at the moment. i'm hoping to lose a few more pounds and see how i look. yoga is def slimming up my hips and thighs so i don't mind so much what i weigh, as long as i look toned.

Last edited by Kirsty; 03-06-2002 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-06-2002, 11:04 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Jess, complain!!!! I had problems with a receptionist. They had forms that you can fill out and send into the main office. About a month after I did that I noticed a big difference in her attitude. Also, my leader always said "what happened" when I gain. I hated that. It was like she expected me to go into detail and tell her everything I did bad, tho most of the times I had no clue why I gained. She was a great leader at first, but after a year, she seemed to lose interest in me. I felt like I was there too long and a bother to her.

Jen... I LOVE WINE! I have a glass with dinner a lot. My parents are in Northern CA at the moment and I asked them to bring me some wine back!!

Kirsty... yah on going to bed without over doing it!!

Back to work, I'm swamped!
Old 03-06-2002, 11:18 AM   #6  
Shopper Extraordinaire

uhh I hate TOM. It is officially here and I have a migraine and feel as if I will hurl. Unfortunately I don't have my TOM med's here with me at work b/c I am a bit early so I am afraid I may have a hideous day Poor Me. Ok enough of that

Jess- I am pissed off FOR you That is absolutely ridiculous and uncalled for. It is bad enough to even show up for WI period let alone when you know it may be bad and then to have someone scold you! I truly am shocked. Oh and the b/f comment PLEASE my b/f likes me now and he liked me 10 pds ago. Fortunately all guys do not base their affection upon a few pds. Ok I seriously am so offended by his comments that is ridiculous. Whew I am so sorry about that. You should definitely complain!!!

Kirsty- Thanks for asking but I am not supposed to wi until Sat. and I plan too. Sounds like a fun wknd

Lisa Dont stress about the max you are still withih your pts. and some days you just need more food.

Oh gotta Go! I may get a chance to post later and I will respond to everyone else. I am seriously considering going home b/c I feel so gross. Womanhood, such a blessing
Old 03-06-2002, 11:31 AM   #7  
Bono Fanatic!

Talking wine...

Jen - I have a glass with dinner quite often as well! My mom and I are planning a trip to Napa Valley next spring (during my spring break from law school) and I cannot wait to go! Let me know what your parents bring you.
Old 03-06-2002, 11:49 AM   #8  
Scotland's finest export

i'm addicted to cava (cheap champagne. basically it's the same as champagne but cos it's not made with grapes from the champagne region in france you can't call it champagne and it doesn't cost as much). freixenet and lindaur special reserve are my faves but most supermarkets in the UK do an own-brand version which tastes damn fine. can't beat a glass of bubbly!
i also love dry white wines like chablis and pinot grigiot. but as long as it's chilled anything will do (i'm not posh!).
mmmm.
but if i drink too much white wine then "louise" my evil side comes out and argues with BF. and all i get left with is a sore head and no memory of the previous night! luckily louise hasn't been around for ages!!
Old 03-06-2002, 12:05 PM   #9  
A Yankee in Virginia

Jess: I'm fuming about your leader's comments, too. I agree with everyone — you should complain about him. If he said such a sexist remark to you, he's probably said stuff like that to other women. That's unacceptable.

Ah! I forgot the squash recipe. I'll bring it to work tomorrow, promise, so I can pass it along. If I can, I'll get my sister to read it to me over the phone.

Ooh, I love wine. I'd drink it every day if I could. My problem is I can never stop at one 1/2 cup glass! Virginia has WONDERFUL wineries and I've been to many of them. My fave wine is from a place called Chateau Morrisette about an hour south of Roanoke. The winery also has outdoor jazz festivals during the summer.

Becky: It's TOM for me, too. Cramps set in this morning and I have a headache now. Meanwhile, my allergies are going nuts today and I forgot to bring an allergy pill with me. We're up near 60 degrees today and if I could, I'd just stay outside all day, but alas, I can't.

Stacey: We miss you during the day!

I was good today and brought my lunch today (leftover squash dish), and I need to go eat it. See ya later!
Old 03-06-2002, 12:08 PM   #10  
A Yankee in Virginia

Yay! My BF is bringing me an allergy pill when he drops off my pager, which I stupidly left at home this morning. Isn't he sweet?
Old 03-06-2002, 12:16 PM   #11  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Kirsty... Too funny about Louise!!!! I get flirty. Hubby likes it tho (if you know what I mean).

Jen... I personally liked Sonoma Valley better than Napa. Wine is great in both, but Napa seemed more stodgy. Sonoma was more relaxed and I had more fun there! I did buy and enjoy wine in both tho!!
Old 03-06-2002, 03:02 PM   #12  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default You guys are the greatest!!

Afternoon, everyone!

Well, I'm having probably one of the crappiest days ever. I finally got mad and snapped at the girls I work with because I just got sick of them. I don't mean to be such a b**ch, but I just get sick of it...

I'm so glad all of you agree that I wasn't overreacting about my WW leader's comment last night. I decided that I'm going to reach my goal, go lifetime, and become a leader. This guy comes to Blair from Omaha and since I live in Blair, I'd be able to do it. Besides, a lot of the people who go to the meetings here don't like him very much. So, I'll show him to make comments about my Greek habit. I think I'll also complain about him...

Kirsty--Aren't parties at your place the best (except when you have to clean up). I love those kind!

Lisa--I gotta agree with everyone in saying not to worry about being at your max, even though it was part of a plan that you worked out. One thing that I've learned from personal experience though, is that sometimes, if my plan for the week doesn't work out quite like I want it to, I'll go off completely. Don't do that!! Besides, wasn't it you who recently told me not to kick myself too badly about going over because it's not going to make me gain all the weight I've lost back immediately.

JenK--Have fun at the gym today!

JenL--Yeah, what is that crap with leaders saying "Ohhh, what happened?" My leader is a guy and when he asks that question, he uses this dorky, nasally voice that is about the equivalent of figernails on chalkboards. Then that question is annoying enough, it's torture...

Kim--What a sweet BF!!

OK, I'm gonna get my crabby arse back to work... I'll check back in later.
Old 03-06-2002, 03:25 PM   #13  

Default Hi everyone!!

Just checking in quickly-I am very busy-we are closing on the house tomorrow!! I'm so excited
I move on Sunday...can't wait for that either....

Jess-What a schmuck your leader is-I would definitely complain-things like that really make me steamed....

Kirsty-Parties are fun-but I could never go up and go to sleep if I had a houseful-the noise would keep me awake!

Lisa-I agree with Jess-I have the tendency to be like" Well, the day is shot anyhow-I'll just go off program altogether..." Hang in there-and good for you for having a game plan!!! you are such an inspiration-I remember when you started posting to this board-you have lost so much weight!!! Congratulations....

Jen-I am with you-I am a slow loser too...I wouldn't want a leader saying anything bad to me about it-they are supposed to be encouraging, not discouraging!!!

Hi to everyone else! Kim-your job sounds so interesting BTW....
Ciao!
Old 03-06-2002, 03:53 PM   #14  
Proud Canadian

Default checking in!!

Hello everyone - I'm just briefly checking in today. It's very frustrating to be at a job at which I have no internet access and no phone. After being off program for 3 weeks and back on for almost a full week, I went and was pleasantly surprised - down 5.4!! I've been with the horse quite a bit lately and doing the stairs at work so I guess it's working. I went shopping with my mom after the meeting and spent $100 on clothes - I have nothing that fits me. I tried on a little red dress (size 12) and while it looked horrible in the behind and tummy, it was too big in the bust! What a change!! I hope everyone else is feeling well. Things are good at home - BF and I started to settle into a bit of a routine then he went to nights which was weird for 2 weeks but he's back on days and now all we have to worry about is his mother who's back in town for the weekend. The house prices here just shot through the roof so we've put off our plans to buy for a while and will soon be looking for a decent place to rent with no regular visits from the MIL.

Jess - I agree - complain about your leader! They shouldn't say things like that and they need to be told it's inappropriate.

Lisa - have a great vacation! Enjoy yourself.

Kirsty/Kim- I live in BC and we have some great wineries. the best is ice wine - sweet and syrupy and horribly bad for you but delicious!

Rina - hope you're feeling better

OOps they need to kick me off this computer now - hi to everyone else I've missed. Have a great day!
KT
Closed Thread