Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 04:47 PM   #16  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Tonya:

I ditto Jen's thought. You shouldn't feel selfish about this, either.
It is an honest and sincere concern! But, your hard work wouldn't be for nothing!!! If you truly do want another child, you know you can take the weight off!
About Lent: I'm not sure what I'm giving up, yet. What is everyone else doing??? I thought about biting the bullet and giving up chocolate, but I don't know if I can do that!
Then I thought I could give up soft drinks, but I don't know about that, either!!! Our preacher encourages us to instead of "giving something up", to "take something on" I think I'll take on excercise!
Well, I guess I'd better get back to work!
Old 02-11-2002, 05:21 PM   #17  
A Yankee in Virginia

Don't give up chocolate!!

Lent has always perplexed me. I mean, really, what's the point of depriving yourself of something? Self-control? If so, why do you have to give something up to show self-control? When I was a kid, I'd always give up stuff like french fries (my fave food in the world), chocolate and soda. I don't think I ever made it. As a child, it was more of a game, a challenge. Now ... I just wonder what it really means.

Granted, I don't go to church much anymore (that's a story for another day - I'm sort of in an anti-organized religion phase), so I might be forgetting the bigger meaning in all that. But I do like your pastor's suggestion of "taking something on," Stacey. That could mean doing something good for yourself, or someone else, like volunteering. But by that measure, couldn't that be something we could do anytime? Not just because of something called Lent?

I hope I'm not offending anyone, I'm just being a little philosophical ... you just got me thinking, Stacey. I remember when I was a kid, we were given little silver cross pins in Sunday School to wear and remind us what we gave up for Lent. I think I still have one somewhere.

ON TO ANOTHER SUBJECT: Lori, what does your dress look like? Do you have a photo you can share with us?
Old 02-11-2002, 06:36 PM   #18  

Kim-Go to www.davidsbridal.com, it is style 5356.....
Old 02-11-2002, 07:18 PM   #19  
Canadian Chick

Hellooo Ladies!

How is everyone? I had a good weekend. I accomplished something that I have never managed to do before! I went to a restaurant & I only ate half of my food & I boxed it up to tkae home with me!!! YAY! I used to always think of eating out as a treat & I would gorge myself but I have finally gotten my brain to be in control instead of my taste buds WI tonight for me & my bud. I was OP all week-even on the weekend! so hopefully there will be a loss. I'm nervous about it but I think that's because I want it so bad! I'll let you know the results. Only 20 weeks until our wedding. I really hope I can lose 2lbs a week....

Did you all watch the Olympics this weekend?? I am an Olypic addict! On Sunday I had it on from the time I got up until the time I went to bed! Its so awesome! One day I'll get to go & watch in person! I have always wanted to go for as long as I can remember! Hopefully Canada will win the bid to host at Whistler/Vancouver in 2010 & I'll be able to go.....

Lori, your dress is beautiful!! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Kim, I never really understood the whole concept of Lent either. In the Church I grew up in we never practiced it. My DF is Catholic & even though he never goes to Church he is planning on giving something up for Lent. Interesting.....

Kirsty, I have never heard of Pancake Day! Sounds like fun! I love pancakes but never eat them b/c DF hates them-he can't even stand the smell of them cooking. His Mom made them for lunch every Sunday of his life until he was 16 so I guess I could see why!

Tonya, interesting dilemma. I think you have decide what is really the most important to you & if what you decide is worth more than what ever you'd be giving up. Talk about it to you hubby.

Jen, Hope you're feeling better!

Stacey, hope you don't get sick!! Sorry to hear you had to take care of hubby & his mornin'after! That's so NOT fun!

Lisa, Size 12! Wow!!! Congrats!!! Keep it up! Sounds like you had a great party! 65 in apartment? That's impressive!

Ali, a crush on your best friend?? If it happens it could turn out to be the best relationship of our life! Maybe its meant to happen & that's why none of your dates are working out?

Becky, congrats on your bf's verbal committment! Exciting! Glad to hear things are working out-especially when for so long he had no official title

Jess, Thanks for stopping by

Hi to everyone else! I hope I didn't miss anyone! Lots of posts here today again! Nice to see but we're still missing people! Come out wherever you are!

-Rina

Go Team Canada Go!!
Closed Thread