South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 06:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday's Chick Chat

Good Morning!

It's back to work for me on this rainy Monday morning. I'm looking forward to seeing my "surrogate" granddaughters again, and hearing all about their week at the shore with their cousins. Maggie celebrated her 4th birthday while they were away, so we're going to have another little birthday party for her this afternoon. First thing, though, I have an early appointment at the hairdresser's for my monthly cut and color.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:28 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Chicks.... the sun is out this morning and I hope it stays that way but they are calling for clounds and maybe a few showers this afternoon. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Cottage- thanks for starting us up this morning. I hope you little ones had a great vacation and enjoy the new cut and color. Nothing better than pampering oneself. Have a great day.

Me- Took DH out friday night for supper, then we went to a friends house did not get home til 1:00 did not go to bed til 2:00 and was up at 5:30 to get ready for the yard sale, made close to a 100.00 which was nice probably would have done better but the weather was not good in the morning. Then my cousin and her babies came for a visit in the afternoon and were here til 8:00 I think I was in bed and asleep by 9:00, then sunday we were off for the day to the lake to celebrate Jamies birthday with his dad and stepmom and his sisters and their families. We had a great day. The weather was hot and sunny. I was in bed and asleep again by 8:30 last night. Need to get back on the wagon today it was not a good eating week end. Today not much planned.

Enjoy your day chicks.

first pic is dd trying to flip her uncle, the second is Howie swimming, the third is just a water shot the fourth is the birthday boy, and the 5th is the a boy and his dog.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:06 AM   #3  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning. I'm pooped so I may go back to sleep for a minute. How's everyone doing? Kinda slow this morning huh?

Cool pics, LC. Looks like it was a fun time!

Cottage, I love going to the hair stylist! Hope you have a good time!

Well, back to bed I go for 20 min. YAWN. Have a great day chicks!

Lisa
Old 07-23-2007, 08:07 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning gals!

I was SO bad this weekend! Nothing in particular except a lot of snacking. I realized I have a problem with road trips. We went to a Buddhist temple and a memorial to a Korean admiral from the 1500s - left the house at 7:30 and didn't get back home until after 6. I took food and everything, just ate a lot of it. We did a whole heck of a lot of walking, though, so I'm hoping most of that snacking was counteracted by the exercise...I did better today, though, and stayed on plan and at 1500 calories and ran three miles this afternoon.

Have a fun birthday party, Linda!

LC, thanks for sharing the pics. I'll post some of my own from the trip!

Good morning (evening, Kitty) to the rest of ya!

Kara
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CKAtrip2.jpg (32.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg CKAtrip3.jpg (34.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg familytrip.jpg (27.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg CKAtrip4.jpg (41.0 KB, 19 views)
Old 07-23-2007, 08:08 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Hey Lisa! Hope you have a good nap!

Kara
Old 07-23-2007, 08:08 AM   #6  

Good morning-

Cottage Enjoy your cut and color, I love to get my hair done. Hope your day goes well with the girls- I am sure they will be thrilled to see you.

LC Sounds like you had a super fun weekend. I love the pictures! I slipped last night on some chips and goldfish crackers. We can both get back on track together.

Weezle Thinking of you and hoping you had a good day yesterday!

Indigal That sounds so scary!! I get the mother crow protecting her young, but I would have freaked out!

Me- Not much going on today, I am babysitting the neighbor for the next three weeks, so DD will have a built in playdate! I actually get a ton done when he is here, because I don't curl up on the couch and read or any of the summer, lazy things I like to do!

We had a great weekend, lots of fun together.

Meg is crying for me, so I guess my 10 minutes of quiet for the day is over.... I knew I should have gotten up earlier!
Old 07-23-2007, 08:11 AM   #7  

Hey Kara and Lisa!

Kara Love the pictures!! Your kids are adorable.

Lisa Hope your extra 20 minutes of sleep is good!!
Old 07-23-2007, 08:11 AM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Kiko, I have to wake up early on purpose to get computer time, too! Connor asked me the other day why I was always on the computer when he wakes up. I told him it was because I don't have any time to get on during the rest of the day "since I'm TAKING CARE OF YOU!" I didn't really yell, but he got the picture.

Kara
Old 07-23-2007, 09:11 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick from the Fair Office dial-up! I really miss my PC and there are time limits on this one so I won't be checking in much. Methiniks I may be getting a new PC...next week as this week is way overbooked.
Hugs to all.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:49 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/128/120

Height: 5'4

Hi all and happy Monday! I haven't been posting much but just wanted to pop in and say I'm still around and still on plan. Because of my back problems, I'm having to minimize the time I spend sitting at the computer which means less posting. Plus, my physical therapy appts are first thing in the morning so its all I can do to get up and get there on time. Hopefully I can kick this thing soon. I will be poking my head in from time to time. Keep up the good work all!
Old 07-23-2007, 10:03 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 191/183/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning all! Just a quick note to say hi to everyone. Love the posted pics LC and Kara! Makes me feel a little sheepish that all I saw this weekend was a lounger in the back yard and my Harry Potter book!

I have an intern coming in, so I need to line up some stuff for her to do...I'll try to check in later!
Old 07-23-2007, 10:28 AM   #12  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Chicks

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend. The party was good and the kids thoroughly enjoyed themselves with the camping. I drank too much wine (planned), stayed good at the dinner part, but did end the day with a hot dog (unplanned). Yesterday I went waaaayyyy off-plan coping with a hangover, toddlers, and an of a husband. BUT back on today. I refuse to let myself get side-tracked. I know where I stumbled this time and will learn from it. On a good note, I was only up a pound this morning and I'm pretty sure that's just from being de-hydrated so I'm drinking my water faithfully today. I plan on doing P1 for at least 3 or 4 days.
Well, need to do some work today as I've really not been productive yet and have to leave at 1 for a meeting at our other site.

Have a good day chicks!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:09 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Monday morning, chickies! What a great day!

Cottage: Enjoy your trip to the hairstylist, you reminded me that I need to book an appointment. Have a great time at the birthday celebration tonight!

LC: What a fun weekend! I'm glad you did well at the yard sale, sorry that the weather was bad. Those are great pics!

LIsa: Enjoy your nap! Have a great day!

Kara: I'm the exact same way on road trips. Seems like when I'm in the car for more than an hour I have to eat! Sounds like you and the family are getting to see some wonderful things!

Kiko: How great for DD to have a playmate! And I'm going to say that there's nothing wrong with curling up and reading all summer. I'd probably be doing that if I was at home right now!

Ruth: Have a great day! Hope you're able to get a new computer soon - I miss your long posts!

Sarynit: Hope your back is feeling better soon. I have minor back problems from time to time and know how horrible they can be!

Betty: Don't worry, you and I were doing the same thing this weekend. It was well worth the "shame" of being so unproductive!

Missmess: Yay for your last week of summer school!

Kelly: It sounds like you had a great Saturday and a not-so-great Sunday. I know that story! Well, I hope your meeting goes well and that your P1 days get your body back to losing that #!

ME: Not much going on today. Just work and a session with my personal trainer tonight. I've got four more shirts to iron tonight that I didn't have time to do last night and some laundry to get put away. Dinner will be baked chicken with squash and a salad. I'm still doing really well with the no-cigs and no-sodas thing. It feels great and I'm hoping to see the changes that brings when TOM is over. Well, time to get downstairs and look up some files. Hope everyone has a beachin' day!

~Kim
Old 07-23-2007, 11:55 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone - I hope you don't mind, but can I butt in? I'm new to the board as of last week....

I just need to feel not so guilty about my lunch today... I've decided to splurge and get a Buffalo Chicken salad with breaded chicken poppers. I did so good this weekend that I decided to treat myself. Is that bad?

I went to my twin niece's 2nd birthday party yesterday at a local amusement park here in town. While everyone else there was eating chips, mac & potato salads, sandwiches on white bread, cookies, candy, and cupcakes, I stuck to my guns, and ate the food I brought - celery and hummus. I'm happy to say, that I wasn't even tempted by any thing. Although, it's hard to hold a 2 year old in your lap to help them eat a cupcake when they want to feed you it. But I made it through.

Hope everyone had a good day!!!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 01:55 PM   #15  

Megan Are you teaching summer school or taking classes? I am sure you have explained that before, but my brain is not always on full function mode!

Kelly I have had one of those hangover with toddler days recently. It is so fun while you are doing it, but so NOT worth it the next day!

Iammare Jump right on it!

Kim Yeah for you on the no ciggies!!! I am sure it is not easy, but you are going to feel so great.

Hey Ruth Glad to know that all is well with you.... busy as always!

Okay, we have been to Walmart this morning and just spent about an hour and a half at the park. I packed them a picnic, so they thought that was wonderful. 2 year old is down for her nap and the big kids are playing a game. I need to make something to eat for lunch. I am also making Nessa bars for the first time this afternoon- I can't wait to try them!
Closed Thread