Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2002, 07:04 AM   #16  
Ash

Default Miserable day today

Hi Folks

Today was a miserable day and I hardly ventured out of doors. We had a storm last night that you would not believe with hailstones the size of golf balls. It was bad all over Melbourne and the State Emergency Service was called out to remove trees, fix roofs so as the rain would not get in, etc etc etc. We were lucky it only rained, hailed and thundered here as it demolished the new irrigation system that Ted had just finished.

Slavika have a great holiday in Hawaii and remember that sunscreen. Remember to post if you find a Cyber Cafe as Maria has already said, we all love your posts.
Glenda we also lost our electricity, but only for a short time after the storms yesterday.
Trudy I am glad all is well with your Mom and she will be home again soon. Are you going to look after her during her rehabilitation?
Maria Loved that poem.

Well girls, look after yourselves

Ash/Jenye.
Old 02-03-2002, 09:42 PM   #17  
Member Florida Chick

Unhappy Super bowl day!

Can you tell I'm not a football fan?

Glenda: Hope you have your power back. Ice storms can really do so much damage. Before we moved south our whole area in N.Y, state had a bad ice storm. Generators were selling like the proverbail 'hot cakes'. Power lines and poles just went over from the weight of the ice. Reason #42 whe we are now in Florida. Hope your Mystery weekend is great fun,

Maria: You are surely the traveling lady. I don't know anything about the Pfaff embroidery machine, but I have seen some of the commercial types doing t-shirts and sweat-shirts and hats, etc. You can go into business, and will probably have all the work you want and more. I have a sweatshirt done with a great picture of a loon on the front. I just love it, but of course don't wear it much here.

Slavika: Grandkids sure know how to give us the 'warm fuzzies' and they are wo loving and sincere. Sounds to me like Baba and Princess are a matched set. She is going to miss you while you are out looking for Tom. Do you plan to get him on that little island all to yourself?

Ash: Hope things are going better for you now.

Caree: Maintaining is very good. and Hard to do.

Trudy: Hope all is well with your Mom.

Lily & Karen: Did you talk about the IRS at your meetings this week? That was our topic and made a great lesson comparing record keeping, etc. to success.

I had a happy week. Down 2.2lbs. Hope I can stay on the downward turn now. I have only one more side of my quilt to do the binding on. If I can find someone to post a picture for me I will do it. I was so disappointed with my travel pictures. I didn't realize there was a deadline, and I waited too long and they were gone from the Walmart site, so I couldn't use the helpful ideas Maria and Lily gave me. But I'm sure there will be others. Had a fun afternoon, Went to Cypress Gardens to see Larry Gatlin. What a voice, and he shared that he is going to have surgery on his vocal chords in two weeks. Asked everyone to pray for him.

Time to say goodnight. My dh is watching the football game and I have started book one of the Mitford series. Anyone read them. This one is really good. :Wave:
ann
Old 02-03-2002, 10:04 PM   #18  
Member Florida Chick

Talking P.S.

Peggy: I forgot to answer your question. As the Granny of the group, we have 14 grands, 1 g-grand and the 2nd on the way. He's the one who will be getting the new quilt.
Actually that is a combined number of 'mine and yours' My actual blood number is 5 and 2 1/2: Ann
Old 02-03-2002, 11:11 PM   #19  
Life Time 2001

Jenye: That storm sounds bad. I would of stayed inside to! To bad the irrigation system got damaged. Bet he is not a happer camper about that.

Ann: Yes we did talk about the IRS at our meeting. My leader was so funny. She does a local show here once a month and talks about WW. Her husband told her to save the recipts for all the new clothes she is buying for that show. Of course she didnt.
Congrats on your loss! Thats a big one. Good for you!
Email me the picture and I will post it for you. [email protected]

Had a great day here. Went out to lunch. Got some kinda Pasta shrimp thing. Was really good! Brought half home and let DH have it with his dinner tonight. Was sunny and beautiful here to. Suppose to get back to being cold again tomorrow. ALAS.........
Old 02-04-2002, 12:28 PM   #20  
Fun Blonde

All - well we went to our mystery weekend at the 100-year-old renovated Victorian mansion. They had 6 guest bedrooms there and another mansion and several smaller ones, so there were about 30 people. Roger, the villain, the one everyone hated was killed with poison in his water. We were all dressed in the 1948 period and we were all in character, so we read our clues to the inspector and then the men decided who the killer was and the women decided. It was so much fun! And I showered a lot! (We still don't have electricity at home and maybe won't for several more days!)

Maria - I think the Pfaff machine is just what you deserve! It is what you have wanted for a long time and is your dream and after all your traveling and being such a good sport, what a bonus!

Lily - I lost .6 pounds again. At this rate it will take a year, but at least it is going in the right direction. And we are eating out at night because we have no electricity and that means no refrigerator or working oven. So wish me luck!
Glenda
Old 02-04-2002, 04:53 PM   #21  
Member Florida Chick

Angry Cool and sunny

Hi all:Glenda: who was correct in picking the murderer? the men of the women? Sound like a really fun evening. Are they giving you any idea at all about when you will once again have power?

Lily: I don't have a scanner, to email you a picture, but if you email me your address, I will send you photos by snail mail [email protected] Thank you so much for offering. I was so disappointed that I let the deadline go by with the other pictures.

No great news from Fl. except we are now having our cold snap. It will never seem cold to anyone North of the Mason Dixon line, but this is definately not a shorts day.:

We are having such fun with our spring program We are singing a musical banquet. I never knew there were so many songs about food, until I started looking to put the program together. We will sing a full course meal, cocktails, appetizers, main course, dessert and coffee. Then the kicker will be that the chorus members will sing 'We knew you were coming so we baked some cake' and then proceed to serve the audience(all seated at tables) cake and punch. If any of you remember Spike Jones, we are going to do our adapted version of Cocktails for two. That is how we start.
The shsow should probe to be a lot of good fun and laughs.

How about those Patriots?

Here is a slogan I read today;

If you always do what you have always done, you'll always be where you always were.

I plan to keep that in mind with keeping my changed eating habits always a part of my life now.

Havae a nice evening. Ann
Old 02-04-2002, 08:18 PM   #22  
Ash

Thumbs down PATRIOTS????Who are they?

Just kidding.

Congratulations
all you Patriot supporters. I know as much about American football as I know about Australian football - nothing.

We are now having really strong winds here and on the South Coast of N.S.W. where the fires were they are now having floods. I heard this on the news on the radio this morning, it looks as if we are never satisfied to have anything for long.

Maria I hope that all is well and you get through to Sydney alright and you don't strike the funny weather we are having. If you get a chance go and see the Wentworth jail, it is worth seeing.

Have a good day all you "gals" (I think that is what you say.)

Take Care.

Ash/Jenye.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:41 PM   #23  
Life Time 2001

Glenda: .6 is still losing. It all helps! You murder mystery sounded fun. Im really going to have to check if we have any here. Its sounds like a riot!
Youll do fine eating out. Bet you cant wait til they get the electricty back on. It would drive me nuts. Longest I have been with out is 3 days. Can just image what you are going through.

Ann: I sent you an email with my address so you can send the pictures. I will send them back to. Your spring program sounds like it is going to be fun!

Jenye: Im with you. I didnt watch the game and I could care less. Never did like Football at all. Know no body else slap me!

Have a great night all!
Old 02-05-2002, 11:07 AM   #24  
Life Time 2001

Default Have Fun Slavika!!!

Slavika: I know you are getting ready to take off for your Holiday!
Have a fun trip, and enjoy yourself!
Stay away from Tom!
Old 02-05-2002, 01:49 PM   #25  
Net browser

Default ..you're so funny Lily

Hi Everybody
Lily you always bring a smile to my face.
Thanks everybody for the nice wishes for a happy holiday, I'm sure we will have a great time. I'm just back now from getting my manicure and pedicure and in a short time Trudy will be stopping by to have tea with me and a little visit. At 7:00 tonight DH and I will go and see a little bit of our grandson's hockey game, then I will come home and get packed. My friend's computer is up and running in Maui so I will try and read your posts if I get the chance.
Glenda the mystery weekend sounds like it was just great fun. I would like to go to something like that.....but I don't know about my DH. He's more reserved then me.
Ann you guys sure manage to have a lot of fun and come up with some very interesting ideas.
Everybody take care, and I will be "talking" to you all soon.
Aloha
Old 02-06-2002, 07:30 AM   #26  

Slavika have a great time. Hope you see Tom. You never know. Haven't been able to stop by much this past week. Glenda your mystery weekend sounds like a blast. I have always wanted to do that. Hope you have water and stuff now. Maria are you getting that Pfaff? It sounds wonderful and if you want it go for it. You will create all kinds of great things and who knows you might have a new career. Yesterday was my birthday and I went to lunch and dinner. But no cake. Have to run. I am going "south" to Louisville, Ky today to visit an old friend. Bye for now,
Old 02-06-2002, 11:39 AM   #27  
Life Time 2001

Happy Birthday Peggy!

Hope you had a wonderful day!
Old 02-06-2002, 05:27 PM   #28  
Fun Blonde

Peggy - Our mystery weekend is the kind of thing you do occasionally. You are always going somewhere on a little trip or excursion. In answer to your question, both the men and the women came up with the murderer. We sure discussed a lot of options. I laughed because my sister was supposed to be haughty, cold Paris smuggler. Whatever she was doing or saying, if I reminded her, her head went up and she immediately looked down her nose at all us "Americans." I told her not to quit her day job (she is retired).
Slavika - bye, bye. Have fun! Enjoy the sun!

We got our electricity back late Monday afternoon. What joy! I was so tired yesterday that I stayed home, cleaned out the refrigerator and bought all new groceries. My husband has a yard full of branches to get cleaned up, but this weekend we are going to my uncle's in Arkansas. He has moved into an assisted living center and wants us to take the things he has given us so he can sell his house. That is all I need--more junk! Actually, it is nice stuff, but what will I do with it? I hope my kids need some pictures and books.

Ann - I think your singing banquet sounds like so much fun! Where do you all get your ideas?
Glenda
Old 02-06-2002, 08:24 PM   #29  
Ash

Angry Sunny and Warm here today.

Hi all,

Today we have a sunny day which is wonderful after all the bad weather we have had. The temperature is said to going up to 28 degrees C. In Sydney they are now having floods, after the awful fires that they had earlier this year you never know what is going to happen next. I hope that Maria will be safe in her travels there.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY PEGGY
I am glad that you have the power back on again.

Glenda Your mystery weekend sounds fun. It is very much like the game of "Cluedo" we used to have on television but I haven't heard of it other than that. The closest we ever got was mystery flights attached to our frequent flyer points run by our airlines.

Slavika Have a wonderful time and come back all tan.(lots of sunscreen) I am not sure what the weather is like there but am sure I will find out.

Well all our weather and the garden are calling.........

Regards
Ash/Jenye.
Old 02-06-2002, 09:03 PM   #30  
Super Surfer

Smile Hi all..

It has been a few days since I read so I had a lot of catching up. Hope I can remember everything.
Jenye our Slavika tells me that it is always 80 degrees in Maui. She still hasn't arrived at her destination.. still has 3 hrs of flight yet. I miss her already.
Maria I have a Bernina Sewing Machine I bought way back around 1963. I recently had it in for a tune up to the only dealer in the city, and they told me it was an antique.. .. it still works wonderfully. That Pfaff you are interested sure looks teriffic.
Peggy a BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Hope you had a wonderful day.
Glenda I liked reading about the mystery weekend. I would love doing something like that too. Good your power is back on. That must have been quite a storm.
Ann Am I correct in thinking that last year you did South Pacific? You sure do have a lot of fun.
Lily Sounds like you are enjoying working for WW. I guess it helps to keep you OP. We find it exciting when the members lose a great deal of weight. They always look so happy.

Thanks for asking about Mom. She is doing very well with her exercises and coping with the pain. Tomorrow she starts Physio. The Tylenol has been giving her some trouble. I never take Tylenol so it took me awhile to figure out what was giving her restless leg and a feeling of anxiousness. She cut down to 1 Tylenol 3 times a day.... she sees the Dr on Mon, but if the pain isn't too bad I don't see any problem with it.

Contratulations to all who lost weight... I on the other hand, have gone up a tad. We were on the go so much, ate out too many times and just wasn't using the journal. Got to get back on track before it gets out of hand.

Bye for now..
Closed Thread