Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 09:29 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Is it Friday yet? (Wednesday's thread)

Morning... Is it Friday yet? I am so ready for the weekend...
Old 02-06-2002, 09:43 AM   #2  

Default I am here!!

Hi Jess! I am here-also wishing for friday I did OK yesterday OP-I made a homemade pizza from Cooking Light which was really good. Tonight I'm planning on stir fry and very low point shrimp soup....
We signed our Purchase and Sale yesterday for the house-whoo hoo!!! I am excited
First dress fitting is this saturday-I wish I could snap my fingers and lose ten pounds!!!! oh well-still have eight weeks before the wedding......
Bye for now-hello to all of the lurkers!
Old 02-06-2002, 10:01 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Morning!! I know I said it once already, but I am SO ready for the weekend. I'm still not feeling so well, of course, that's partly my fault. Instead of staying in and going to bed early, I went to the BF's around 10 last night and didn't get home until 11:30, which may not sound that late, but I should have been in bed by 9 or so, since I'm not feeling well.

Speaking of not feeling well, I read in a magazine yesterday that the best day to sleep all day is the day before you get sick. They said that if you feel like you're coming down with something, it's better to get plenty of sleep before you actually get it and that in some cases, all that extra sleep may fight off whatever you're getting.

Well, I had WI in last night. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I lost two pounds during the last week. Whoohoo! But I'm almost scared to lose more because after I get down to 175, I don't get as many points... Isn't that sad? I don't want to lose weight because I won't get as much food...

Hey, can I ask you guys a big favor? I need some ideas for filling, low-point dinners. My typical day goes like this: Oatmeal in the morning, sandwich, WOW Chips, fruit, and a Kudo's Bar for lunch. I typically use 10 points and have about 12-17 for dinner. I always have a big glass of milk with dinner, so there's 4 (leaving 8-13 points for food) and I like to have popcorn later in the evening (leaving me 6-11 points for dinner). Anyone have any ideas for me? Since I have instant everything during the day, I prefer to do a little cooking in the evening... I really could use some help...

OK, it's time for me to go to break...

I'll be back later
Old 02-06-2002, 10:30 AM   #4  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Jess, when I need light dinners, this is what I do:
Chicken Breast with Potato and Veggie
Pasta and low Point Sauce and Salad
Soup - I make homemade chicken noodle. But there are a lot of soups that are low in points, especially when they are homemade.

Lori, the count down is beginning huh!!!!

Well, I am doing OK. We painted our bathroom this weekend and have been so busy that I haven't gotten the stuff cleaned up and put back yet. I miss my bathroom!! Tomorrow is our goal!!!
Old 02-06-2002, 12:04 PM   #5  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hey girls! Just saying hi. Not much going on today (except I got a paper cut ). Jess, I want the weekend, here, too! It's that time of the month, and I just want to be at home, cuddling with my dogs. I'm cranky and irritated that my boyfriend hasn't been able to spend more than 5 minutes on the phone with me all week.

I feel like eating.
Old 02-06-2002, 12:39 PM   #6  

Kim-Don't eat!!!! Or, think low calorie!!! Jess-I love to cook as well-some of my favorites-stir fry!!! If you like seafood it can be very few points....also-pasta with eggplant and low fat cheese mixed in, or eggplant parm....
Also-low point soups-my favorite is a Thai shrimp soup with chicken broth and lemon grass-mmm-I am making it tonight!
Also, seafood fra diavolo...pasta with red sauce and seafood....DF and I like ground turkey tacos....

Hi Jen! Congrats on the loss-hope to join you guys...yes the countdown has begun-not stressed yet, just excited! Where is everyone else????

PS I made a great pineapple cake from cooking light-it satisfies that sweet craving and a decent sized piece is only two points.... I can post the recipes
Old 02-06-2002, 12:41 PM   #7  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Ladies - I really had a hard time at lunch today! I brought my 6 point lunch. A cup of Zatarain's red beans and rice, cucumbers, green peppers and a 2-point mini apple muffin. Well, the caffeteria was having chinese food. General Tso's chicken, fried rice, chicken low mein and egg rolls. Oh my gosh - seriously, I wanted it so bad!!!!!!! I had money in my pocket. It smelled and looked so good, and more than anything i really wanted it. I even got in line in the cafeteria. As I was standing in line, I started to figure how many points I thought it was.... 20, 25??

I ended up not getting it - but as I sat with my lunch with my co-workers who all had bought the lunch I was just dying!!

Why is that so hard for me? I don't understand. You girls have no idea how much I wanted it.

Lori - good luck with the house signing and the dress fitting. how exciting. You should take pictures and post them!!!!

Jess- Congrats on the 2 pounds. That awesome!!! As far as filling dinners. I do pita pizzas (I've posted about them before). Use pita bread as yuor pizza crust. Sause (marinara, bbq, whatever). Toppings... peppers, onions, mushrooms, chicken, turkey pepperoni.... usually it comes out to 6-8 points. Then add a salad and a dessert. BUt then again, you said you like to cook for dinner since your entire day is so instant... but I'm single - so even my dinners are quite instant.

Hi Jen and Kim - hope all is going well.

Well ..... back to work!

Lisa
Old 02-06-2002, 12:44 PM   #8  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Yes Lori - please post that recipe.... it sounds delicious!!!

Kim - Lori's right.... don't eat! Eat when you're hungry. If you're upset with him... definately talk to him about it. Hey - comfort food does sometimes help - it's normal. But try to do something else instead. Then if you still want to eat - find something low point and eat it slowly and enjoy it. Good luck!

Lisa
Old 02-06-2002, 01:05 PM   #9  
One Sick Puppy

Just a really short post (more later) to Lisa--

Making a pita pizza is what I consider cooking... If I have to cut anything or heat anything up, it's cooking to me.
Old 02-06-2002, 01:21 PM   #10  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Default NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOmeone just put Brownie Cheesecake by the coffee station!

Why me???? How can some people walk by that cheesecake without even thinking twice about it. Why wouldn't they want some? Because it's killing me! Today is a bad will power day for me. Or a really good one I guess considering I haven't caved in yet. I just hope that cheesecake is gone by 3:00. 3:00 is my hunger hour and I have to eat something... usually something low point. BUt I'm worried that if it's still there then, I'll cave.

No - I will not eat the cheesecake. If I say it enough, maybe I really won't.

LIsa
Old 02-06-2002, 01:41 PM   #11  
Proud Canadian

Lisa - DO NOT EAT THE CHEESECAKE! I will send you some of my willpower(((!!!!!)))) - Good Luck.

Hi to everyone - today I'm sitting at a computer waiting for people to show up to have their lung functions tested - not really glamorous but at least I've got internet access.

Well, my allergies are driving me insane, I wake up every morning stuffy and sneezing. I think my MIL's house is just way too dusty. Any good tips to ward off dust? I'm going to get some of those dusting cloths but I can't put away all of her nic-knacks and they just absorb dust. I have to do major dusting and vacuuming tonight because she's coming back for the weekend and bringing a friend and I'm sure she would be horrified to find the house in less than perfect condition. Just a little venting... anyway

Jess - you're doing great - I use a lot of pasta for low point dinners. 3 points - plain tomato sauce - 0 points and sometimes throw in a chicken breast or cheese for another 3 points - add a salad for 0 points and it can be quite filling. THe other thing I do is make an 8-10 point serving and split it in half and take the other half as a lunch. Chili's another favourite.

Lori - YAY HOUSE! YAY dress fitting! Everything sounds so exciting!

Jen - I know how you feel about the bathroom thing - I still haven't unpacked my stuff and dig through boxes every time I need to find something - tonight I must finish!

Lori - Thai shrimp soup - Sounds great!

Hi to everyone else. I get to check back today - YAY.

KT
Old 02-06-2002, 03:17 PM   #12  
One Sick Puppy

Default The longer later post I promised...

Well, for some reason, nobody seems to want to leave me in peace to post today. Can you believe they're expecting me to work? What the heck is wrong with them?

Man, it's only 2 and I'm hungry. I think that part of my problem is that I should use a whole wheat bread instead of the RF Sourdough in my sandwiches. Besides, I like it better...

Lori--Thanks for the suggestions for stuff to eat. My problem is that I'm a picky eater--lots of low-point things I won't eat. Sigh. I'm not too fond of most seafoods--about the only ones I'll eat are tuna and that fake crabmeat (I'd get the real stuff, but do you have any idea how expensive seafood is when you're nowhere near an ocean? ) It's unbelievably expensive! However, the pineapple cake sound AWESOME and I'd love to see the recipe for that, as well as the homemade pizza that you mentioned.

Jen--Thanks for the suggestions, also. Homemade chicken noodle soup is good points-wise? I LOVE making homemade chicken noodle soup, but always assumed it was a lot of points. What do you put in yours and how many points does it end up being?

Kim--I'm sorry to hear that you have your "girlie time" again. If it makes you feel any better, I had mine three times in the last month. OK, I got my regular one, but it was really long. A week later, my dumbass took one birth control pill before going out for the night. Then I took another one when I got home for the night. Started my period again. And now, about a week after finishing my second one, I'll be getting my regular one again. Sigh... Important lesson here: Don't take two birth control pills in one night...

Lisa--Yep, you've mentioned pita pizzas before (I think to me!) and they've become a staple in my diet. I must eat 4 of those a week. My parents (who are also doing WW) also make them a couple times a week. (And making one of those is what I consider "cooking". )

KT--Hey, how do you make chili? (I'm kind of handicapped in the kitchen)... I love chili but never make it because I don't know how...

OK, I better get back to work before someone bothers me again. Miraculously, it's been pretty quiet the entire time I've typed this post.

I'll check back later.
Old 02-06-2002, 03:54 PM   #13  
A Yankee in Virginia

Well, I ate half a steak and cheese sub, bag of Baked Ruffles and a chocolate chip cookie. OK, a cookie and a half. Could have been worse, I suppose. I'll eat light for dinner. Maybe I'll even cook.

Man, it sucks to be a girl sometimes. Now my stomach is cramping. I just took some ibuprofen, so hopefully that'll help! Jess: Three times in one month ... yeesh. Sometimes I'm OK, but the last few months, it seems, I've gotten cramps pretty badly and I turn into uber-b*tch.

I think I'm going to see if there's a WW meeting tonight. I think I need it. BF and I are talking more and more about getting married in October (still no ring, though), and I better get a move on if I'm going to lose weight by then! I need to drop at least 60 lbs!

Ay, yi, yi.

Hi KT, Lisa, Lori, Jen. Where IS Belle?
Old 02-06-2002, 03:55 PM   #14  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Easy Chicken Noodle soup... I make my own broth. Either use leftover chicken or chicken breasts. Cook them in a pot of water to make the broth. Add some celery and onions if you want. Use big chunks to make it easier to fish them out. When you are done cooking the broth, take the chicken out and cut it up (also discard celery and onions). The broth is low point if you use skinless breasts with the fat trimmed off.

Put the cut up chicken back into the pot, added cut up carrots, onions, celery and whatever other veggies you want. I also add parsley and salt and pepper to season. Cook until veggies are softened, but not mushy. Add as many egg noodles as you want (not cooked) to the soup. Continue cooking until noodles are done.

Points vary depending on how much chicken and noodles you use.

Chili is easy.... Tomoto juice for the base, I add a can of crushed tomatos for texture. Chili beans, hamburger/turkey burger/soy crumbles for the meat (or meatless), sometimes I add onion to the hamburger when I am browning it. Chili powder (or if you use the spiced chili beans you don't need anything else. Some people also add elbow macaroni, but I am not sure where that got started. If you make meatless chili, you may want to add more crushed or diced tomatoes for bulk.
Old 02-06-2002, 05:03 PM   #15  
Proud Canadian

Default Mmmm, Chili!

They actually handed out a chili recipie at my meeting last weekend because it was something like 4 points per cup. I usually use beef but turkey lowers the point count. Brown the meat (or soy crumbles or tofu) - and then I add my seasoning (usually chili powder, salt and pepper and garlic) - I like it spicey!!! Then i just add a can of kidney beans (or black beans or pinto beans or navy beans) - and a can of tomatos. To add to the flavor and not to the points a little tomato paste does wonders. If it has too much liquid, simmer with the cover off for a while and let the flavours mix - Chili is almost always better the second day.

With that as a base you can experiment and add whatever you want - BF likes to add potato - Sometimes celery is nice or mushrooms. I always put in some jalepenos. It's easy and quick and warm and filling - I love it!
KT
Closed Thread