Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2002, 05:30 PM   #16  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Turtles,

YAY, Mousie! Good to see that you were well rewarded at the scale this week. 6.4 is awesome. Have a great time in the mountains with your dh.

Judy, glad I could help with the perspective.

I noticed the same thing about points. I'm learning to be very careful to figure out the points for all of the food I buy because they can really surprise you. You look at one item and assume a serving will have a ton of points and it turns out to be reasonable. Or vice versa. Points can be very different between brands of foods, too. So, I'm starting to take my WW calculator with me to check points before I try new things.

I discovered a real find for this potato junkie! OreIda makes some rectangle-shaped hash brown patties that have no fat and are 1 point each before you cook them. If you spray each side with oil (using a Misto) or with Pam and cook in a nonstick skillet, they brown up nicely and you get a really good-sized serving of hash browns for 1 point. If you're in PMS, "eat everything that's not nailed down" mode, as I was last week, they're a real help. A couple of those filled me up for only 2 points and helped keep the damage from being worse than it could have been.

I'm right back OP today. It is so weird. It feels like there's a switch inside and when something (probably a change in hormones) happens, it switches off and I don't want to eat so much. Ditto for when the excess water goes away. There 's always one day when I dread it if I can't be at home because I spend it in the bathroom. The next day I'm 2-5 pounds lighter. What a pain! I'm being really strict with my supplements because I don't want to do this very often. But I'm really glad to be back OP.

Hope you all are having a great weekend.

Happy turtlin'!

Lin
272/233/225/135 or so

PS: I noticed that this ended up on page 2, so I'm going to start a new thread. See you all there.
Closed Thread