Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 06:31 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Finally Friday

Eek, the work schedule for next week hasn't been done yet, so I am a little ticked, but asides from that, I am so glad it is Friday. I get to see my BF tonight so I am happy. We haven't seen each other since last Saturday.

So anyhoo, I'll be quick, I am just studying civil procedures now! Neat eh.

Have a fabbo weekend everyone!

Ali
Old 12-07-2001, 09:02 AM   #2  
Semi-Newbie Member

Default You got that right Ali -- FINALLY FRIDAY!!!!

Mandie here reporting a 1.5lb loss this week! YIPPIE! I'm so excited. It sometimes doesn't sound like too much, but then I think of a pound of butter -- WHOA! That's a lot of butter!!

Any way, I'm feeling sick today, started getting a scratchy throat yesterday, and it's gone full-force today. I didn't even exercise last night I was so tired and sicky feeling.

Does any one else get really hungry when they are just getting sick? I was STARVING yesterday by the time I got home, and I have NO idea why. I went over my points yesterday, because I just couldn't get full. Sick comfort foods???

Hope you all have a great day, and weekend. I won't be able to post over the weekend, as I don't have internet at home yet...so I'll post on Monday! Have a good one!!!!
Old 12-07-2001, 09:38 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone!

Ali ~ Have a great time with your bf tonight, do something fun!!

Mandie ~ WAY TO GO ON THE LOSS!!!!!!! You are doing so awesome! Keep up the good work!

I am so glad it is Friday. Tired of being here at work!!

I am happy to say I have all of my x-mas shopping done now! It sure is a good feeling!

I made a new receipe last night that was redone by a WW member. It was excellent, even DH liked it and it is only 2 pts a serving. I will post it below.

Well, I really don't know much.....going to take the kids to Chucky Cheese on Sat. so I am already planning on only having 1 slice of pizza. Pizza is my biggest downfall, so if I can do this, I have come a long way!!

TTYL.....

Easy Ranch Chicken Pot Pie

Adapted from Betty Crocker

9 servings

9 ozs chicken breast strips, cooked and cubed
1/2 c low-fat baking mix
6 ozs frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 env ranch salad dressing mix
1/4 c low-fat Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 c fat-free milk
1 tsp salt
2 whole eggs

Preheat oven to 400. Prepare 9" square pan with cooking spray; set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine chicken, mixed vegetables, cheese, and salt. Mix well. Place mixture into prepared pan. In another mixing bowl, combine baking mix, dressing mix, milk, and eggs. Mix well. Pour over chicken mixture in pan. Bake 35 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool five minutes before serving.

2 pts per serving.

Nutritional Analysis per serving (9 servings total)
Calories 117 Total Fat 3 g
%CFF 21 % Cholesterol 67 mg
Protein 12 g Sodium 538 mg
Carbohydrates 11 g Fiber 1.2 g
Old 12-07-2001, 10:00 AM   #4  
Bono Fanatic!

Hey ladies!!! Sorry I haven' been around much this week, but I have been trying to lurk a bit. Everyone seems to be so motivated, which is so difficult this time of year, so that's great!!

Ali - Have fun with your bf tonight!! I'm glad to hear that things are going a lot smoother for you now. You sound so much better!

Mandie - I don't think we've met, but I love the positive attitude you bring here!! Great to see you jumping right in! And, it is not unusual to get hunrgrier when you are sick. Your immune system is working hard to fight off your cold, and that does burn more calories. So, pay attention to your body - if you are truly hungry and not just wanting to eat, eat a little more. You don't want to make yourself any sicker.

Tonya - That recipe sounds great! I will have to try it, but hopefully it freezes well. That is the only thing I hate about living alone - I love to cook and then spend a week and a half eating the exact same thing for dinner! Have fun at Chucky Cheese. Pizza is my downfall as well. That's great that you are going there with a plan!

Not much going on with me. I plan on finishing up my X-mas shopping this weekend and beginning to plan what kind of cookies I am going to make. That pottery class I took a few weeks ago was great. I have since gone back and made 4 different X-mas plates to give to people with cookies on them! I think I am addicted to pottery!

Have a great day!
Jen
Old 12-07-2001, 10:30 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Girls
MANDY CONGRATS woowoo
thats a pound and a half of butter gone from your thighs forever!
today i doubt i will be eating at all tho im starved my mouth and throat are too damn sore
TOnya the recipe sounds great gotta sneak it to my family tho our servings would be more like 4 pts
anyway back to workies im lurkin
Kier
Old 12-07-2001, 10:53 AM   #6  
Semi-Newbie Member

Kier: Thanks for the congrats! Woohoo -- 1.5lb of butter GONE FOREVER!!! I love that feeling I know the feeling of not wanting to eat from being sick and having a sore throat, I'm dealing with that right now!!! Hope you get better soon!

Jen: Thanks for letting me know about the hunger thing and being sick!!! I went over my points yesterday, but since I am now sick...you're right, I must get hungrier when I'm sick! Gonna eat lots of veggies and fruit today so hopefully I won't go over again!!! The plates sound really great! Last year my Mom and I made Christmas plates out of clear glass plates and decoupaged Christmas fabric on the back. Then I made cookies and fudge to put on them! They turned out REALLY cute!!!

Tonya: That recipe sounds soooo yummy! I'll for SURE have to try that one! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! I'm sooo full of envy all you ladies having your Christmas shopping done. I have all the women done, but now have to buy for all the men! They're SOOO much harder!!! What a relief that must be for you!

Ali: Have fun with your bf this weekend. I'm sure you guys will enjoy EVERY minute of each other
Old 12-07-2001, 11:48 AM   #7  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hi everyone. I was gone all week to a convention in Las Vegas. Didn't count points at all, but think I did OK. I ma not bloated, so that is a good sign. But I am very tired today. Was up at 3:00am thursday to catch my flight home. Then last night Emma wouldn't sleep, so she slept with us and was fussy!!

Congrats to everyone that lost. I has WI last Sat and lost 2.4. Yah, because that helped with the vacation weight I had gained.

Oh and HI Mandie... Welcome!

Tonya... post your recipe in the recipe thread too so we always have it!!!
Old 12-07-2001, 11:57 AM   #8  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hey Girls Jenn is right we are all pretty motivated right now. Go Us!!!! I am just b/c I want to start the new year thinner Ithink that is why anyways. I have had op days all wk which is a first for me in a long time. I hate to admit that but it is true I hope that I will have a significant loss this wk but we will see.

Anyone have exciting wknd plans. I am working all wknd except for Sunday but Church keeps me busy that day. Oh well I will be raking in a little extra cash which is good b/c I just leased a new car. I love it. It is a Focus ZTS and it has a lot of fun features, moonroof, 6 disc cd player and other great things that mean nothing to me but I hear there good Anyways as far as the christmas shoppin is going I am quite far behind but I am doing a very small christmas this year. My fam decided to keep it small and I am sooo thankful. I have no Idea what to get B/F we haven't even discussed what we are doing EEKKK that is kind of stressful, you know how much to spend etc. Oh well.

WOW I am chatty this morning.

Tonya- I understand the Pizza thing. That is what I am doing all wknd. Friends of mine own a pizza place and I am helping them this wknd for extra cash. I will be strong if you will. WE will be anti-pizza crusaders for the the wknd. Well except for your one piece One piece will not hurt at all. I just have trouble only having one.

Ali- Have a lot of fun with b/f. I haven't spent time with mine in ages b/c it is the end of his semester and he is stressed. He is done next friday and I cannot wait.

Mandie- 1.5 That is awesome. You are a WW Queen

JKarr- I want to do pottery so badly I just haven't take nthe time. Your plates are a great idea and let's face it pottery is not a bad thing to be addicted to for instance Chocolate is definitely more harmful

Well Girls Good luck on the wknd. I may check in again before the end of the work day but if not lots of luck to you. I just keep thinking that if I can make it through this time of year and lose there is nothing that I can't accomplish
Becky
Old 12-07-2001, 12:01 PM   #9  
Shopper Extraordinaire

HI Jen we were posting at the same time. I am glad that you had a good break. Big loss last sat. Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2001, 12:23 PM   #10  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Grace, sometimes when you make a lot of things, you get so sick of them you won't want to eat it!! That is me with cookies. If I make so many and smell them all the time, I get sick thinking about them. Heard that from a guy that owns a candy store too. He makes it every day and can't stand the stuff!! You can be strong!
Old 12-07-2001, 12:56 PM   #11  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hi all. I'm very, very, very tired today. Covering the story of an old guy getting killed by a bus has taken a toll on me. Stories like that sometimes do, and I haven't slept much for two days. I was hoping for an easy day, coming in late, etc., but I got called out to a house fire this morning. There's nothing more sad than seeing teddy bears singed by fire.

It's awfully hard to be in the Christmas mood with all this. I'm starting to think I should go somewhere for counseling, because everything has been really getting to me lately. And of course I'm turning to food.

Sorry to be so whiny. Just needed to vent a little.
I can't wait for the weekend. Of course, all I want to do is sleep and BF and I have to help a friend move in the morning. He helped us (which included moving a piano), so it's only fair to return the favor.

Maybe next week I can get back on track again! Mandie, congrats on your loss. Ali: I know the feeling. Yeah, I live with my BF, but all I've seen of him is a lump under the covers when I get up to leave for work. But we have tonight and all tomorrow, so hopefully we can make the best of it and not fight this weekend!

Well, I'm off to find some lunch!
Old 12-07-2001, 01:18 PM   #12  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Good morning Ladies.

I'm back from off-site training. I haven't been able to weigh in since then either, so Tuesday should be interesting.

Ali - hi. good luck studying!

Mandie - I don;t think we've met. nice to meet you. Congrats on the 1.5 loss!!!!

Tonya - thanks for the recipe. I'll have to try it!

Jen, Keir, Kim, Grace - hi.

Here's my story for the day.

Some coworkers wanted to go out to eat for lunch. We tried going to d'angelo's but the line was so long, we ended up at KFC. My first thought was I'll just get a grilled chicken sandwhich. But then we got there, and I saw their popcorn chicken. Now I love popcorn chicken. So I looked at their combo. Popcorn chicken and potato wedges, a biscuit and a soda. Mmmmm. I was taking a stab at the points and I figured around 15. But then I was like, well - what if I had something else. I knew mashed potatoes would be better than wedges. But then when I got to the front of the line out came my order - and I ordered the Honey BBQ chicken sandwich and mash potatoes without gravy and a diet coke. I figured I'd save a few points.

When I got back to work, I checked Dotti's website for the points. I was shocked at what I found.

KFC Popcorn chicken 16 points
KFC Potato wedges 6 points
KFC Biscuit 4 points

Total = 29 points!!!! (My guess was WAY low at 15. I was 14 points off!)

My order:

Honey BBQ Chicken Sandwich 6 points
Mashed Potatoes with gravy (even though I got it without gravy) 3 points

Total = 9 points!!!!

I had no idea I would save myself from a total disaster. I saves 20 points with my order! Instead of having an awful points day and having to make up for it all weekend, I actually had an excellent 9-point lunch with plenty of points left for dinner.

I was so psyched I had to share. You ladies have a great weekend. And just remember, at that moment you may want to have that splurge - but think of how much better you'll feel after it's over. I wish I remembered this all the time. I think I make the bad choices too often.

Lisa
Old 12-07-2001, 02:04 PM   #13  
Shopper Extraordinaire

JEnn thanks for the encouragement. You are right quite often when I work there I don't even ahve time to be hungry.

Kim- YOu have mentioned the counseling thing before if I recall. I vote YES. I did last year. I was slightly depressed I think. I got back on track after a few months and now I have a great therapist to see if I ever need that again. I was actually just overwhelmed and needed to see that I wasn't perfect, I needed to learn to say no to things etc. So my advice is do it. I am in the counseling field and I work with some great therapists. Start looking for one that suits you and be patient if you don't connect with the first one. Sorry for the mini lecture but I am very passionate about therapy. I think it is a necessary first step in finding out who you are. You get to talk about yourself for an hour too!!! YOu gotta love that. J/K Althouhg it is kinda cool

Lisa- Great lunch story. Don't you love when you make a good choice and are actually satisfied. Congratulations!

Well I am off. Hi to everyone else and have great op wknds!!!
Old 12-07-2001, 02:15 PM   #14  
Bono Fanatic!

Kim - I just wanted to agree with Grace and recommend that you find a therapist. I have been seeing one, after going thru a ton of serious life changes this past year and getting really stressed, and it has helped tremendously. I didn't connect with the first person I saw, but tried someone else and love it. It really helps you to realize that how you are feeling is normal, and to learn how to deal with those sad or unhappy feelings.

Lisa - Awesome story about your lunch!!! Let that be a lesson to us all!

Have a great weekend girls!
Old 12-07-2001, 02:19 PM   #15  
Jean77

S/C/G: 224/206/188

Height: 5'7"

Default newbie

Hey all, my name is Jeannine and I just read your thread and you all seem so positive. When I graduated college 2 years ago I was 60 lbs heavier than when I was a freshman. For the past year and a half or so I have been trying to lose weight. I have managed to lose 30 lbs. (went from 200-170, i'm 5'7") and I really want to get to 150 or a size 10, whichever comes first. I tend to focus more on how my clothes are feeling versus the scale. Because I can go months not seeing a change on the scale, but I went from a tight size 16 to a somewhat tight size 12.
All throughout high school i was a steady size 10 and weighed about 135 lbs. I don't know if I could get as low as 135 by dieting, but if I can get to 150 I will definitely try to get below that. Well, I just wanted to say its great to see others in my age range fighting the food battle also. Have a great day!
--Jeannine
SW: 200/CW: 170/Goal: 150 or a size 10!!
"The miracle is not that I finished; The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
[email protected]
Closed Thread