Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2001, 07:16 PM   #1  

Default ~The Night Owls #25

Oh Where oh Where did the rest of me go, LOL

For those of you like Freddie who might not know I just had breast reduction surgery this afternoon. I went from a DD to a small C cup.

Yikes, do I feel like something is missing!! Hi there ladies. I just got on this thing. I got out of urgery around 2:30 and was allowed to Leave around 4:30. I was starving so mom me and the girls stopped and ate kentucky fried chicken, I know not the best choice but I just love those honey bbq wings Oh well I guess I deserved it. The Surgery went well and they took approximately 1# from each breast. I tell you I will never look at just a pound the same way again. It is a big difference. 1# really takes up some space so everyone remember that when they only lose a pound at weigh in. They put me on a pain pill called vicodin, or hydrocodone. Not sure what it is but it seems to be working pretty well. I mean I am on this thing arn't I? LOL

Anyway, I knew you guys were all thinking of me and I wanted to let you know I am doing well. I was real scared of dying from the anastesia, didn't think I would wake up. I even wrote letters to my kids just in case I died. I am doing very well now, just a little sore because it was time to take more pain pills. I just took them so the pain should go away soon. My biggest dilemma is how I will possibly be able to sleep. I sleep right smack on my stomach, always have and now I am going to have to sleep on my back which I have never been able to do. I guess we will see.

I want to thank you for all the cards and well wishes. I won't post individually right now but realize that I am thinking of each and every one of you. You are truly good friends and special people.

I just want to say a special good luck to
Susanon her surgery tomorrow. So good luck girl, it isn't as bad as I thought and waking up from the anastesia was a breeze, no nausea or anything for me, just some stupidness.

Love
Brenda

Okay, I just have to share this with you before I end this even though it is totallyEmbarassingOkay, I woke up on the way from the operating room to the recovery room, which is fine and I was supposed to. Anyway I must have been dreaming about e-mailing you guys because I remember thinking I was e-mailing you guys then the nurse asked me something and I answered her(no idea what the question or answer was)and then I reached down to my lap to finish typing and my keyboard wasn't there. I said to them where did my keyboard go, I was e-mailing my friends, they all laughed and looked at me like I was crazy, I asked them, " You did give me a keyboard didn't you?" and ofcourse they said no, I just couldn't believe I had imagined it. And then I finally woke up and realized what had happened and we all had a good laugh about it.
Old 11-15-2001, 09:10 PM   #2  
Is is spring yet??

Brenda - Hey girl glad to see you back here so soon!! Seems you are doing fine - YIPEE!! Take it easy for a while and let the kids help ya. I am sure you will have no trouble sleeping on your back - good luck!!! Oh and that was funny about you thinking you were emailing us! LOL Love that!!

Tara
Old 11-15-2001, 10:13 PM   #3  

Default Thanks Tara!

Good to see you back in the nest too. Well I won't post long because I am in the middle of watching E.R. Love that show. I think you usually watch it too don't you? Anyway I just wanted to say thank you to you, it is nice to have such good owl friends. My chest is growing again, LOl It is seriously starting to swell up alot but it really doesn't hurt too bad because the pain pills really help, it just kind of aches and but if I touch it it is REAL sore, I am being very careful not to bump myslef, gosh I think that would kill me.

Bren
Old 11-15-2001, 11:35 PM   #4  

Hi Punky:

I knew something was wrong when I didn't see any post with your name on it. It's hard to post with am imaginary laptop!!!! Glad the operation is over. My niece had a similar operation when she was about 16 years old (about 16 years ago). All the women in my family (including me) could use a breast reduction - but the rest of us are not brave enough. I think I am too old now also.

Take care.

Love,
Freddie
Old 11-15-2001, 11:38 PM   #5  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Tara - I love the Thanksgiving gif. Very pretty.

Brenda - I can't believe you're home and back in here already! Wow, that WAS fast... As for the Vicoden....that's what I take every day. Well, I try to skip some days if I can but lately it's been impossible. Yes, they work very well for pain. I usually have two with my coffee in the morning just to be able to get moving, take a shower and start my day. Then I take another mid-afternoon and that's all I want to take. But since the chill is in the air now...I'm hurting quite a bit and have to take it at night time too. So, let me assure you that when and if you are in pain...take an extra...it'll do you just fine.

I've had a very long day. Nothing compared to Brenda's but still very long. I can hardly keep my eyes open. Did my "stuff" at the stables, alot of errands and some shopping for fabric to make bows for xmas presents. Then it was home to make supper, do homework with the kids and then some laundry. So, here I am...just checking in to let you know I was a good owl today and stayed on program. Got almost all of my water in .....I'll finish the rest of it in a few minutes when I get off of this thing.

Susan - I'm sure you're unable to read this now but I'm sure I speak for everyone on this forum when I say that our thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow. You'll breeze through it like the "pro" that you are. Hang in there and I'll be waiting for that phone call to let me know how you're feeling.
Hugs to you all,
~Pamela~
Old 11-15-2001, 11:47 PM   #6  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Default I Have NOT even Been Lurking

....and so I didn't know what was going on with you Bren!! I am so happy that your surgery went well and that you are feeling prety good so far....that vicaden is good stuff. I had something similar in my IV after my c-section and it was sposed to be good for 24 hours...and it WAS!! I never took another thing for pain. Hope you stay ppain free!

I was dying when I reada bout you sending out email in the recovery room....what a diehard Mamma Owl..you are the best. And much smaller too! I'll be like the lady in the joke that wanted to end her life and she had to ask where her heart was...she was told that it was behind her left breast...next thing you know she is in the ER with a bullet in her left KNEE!!!

I was out trying on clothes tonight and that is what sent me here... I am so ashamed to say that I have gained...I can tell by the way clothes fit but haven't gotten up the nerve to get on the scale. I CANNOT add the 7 plus pounds that the average person gains over the holidays .. I just can't. SO here I am once again. I think I will weigh tomorrow at work and get a start weight....no sense waiting to start it will just get worse.

Glad to see so many owls posting! I just did a brief skim of the posts but will be back soon...promise... I need the support of my owl buddies.

Here is a pretty sunset for you...gotta try again...too big
emmy

Last edited by emmy; 11-15-2001 at 11:55 PM.
Old 11-15-2001, 11:57 PM   #7  

Gonna try one more time before I go to bed..This is the lake where we go camping almost every weekend..it is so beautiful... It is my favorite place on this earth...

Here goes.....
emmy
Old 11-15-2001, 11:59 PM   #8  

Default YIPPEEEE!!!

That is the first time I have been able to resize one of my own pictures and get it to work on here!!! Can you tell I am excited!!!!

Night
emmy
Old 11-16-2001, 06:30 AM   #9  
I'm on my way!

Brenda glad to hear you are fine...I too was surprised you were up and running so quickly. Guess them pills are pretty powerful...do you want to share them?

Susan good luck today too...you will do fine just like Brenda...we are all strong Owls!!

I don't have time to post to everyone...have to get us ready for work now! I will be back. I'm so glad alot of you are coming back out and posting again! I need your support...my motivation is backsliding!

Till later...have a great day! Michelle
Old 11-16-2001, 07:07 AM   #10  

Hi everyone,

I am not doing quite as well today. It really hurts this morning. I hadn't taken any pain pills since 11pm last night though and I just took some about 1/2 hour ago so hopefully I will feel better soon. They are really swollen up now and the left is quite a bit bigger than the right, I hope it is just from the swelling and they will be the same size when they are all healed. I am going to call the doctor this morning and talk to him about the size difference and the pain, see what he says.

Susan, good luck girl, I know you will do fine.

I gotta go now, time to get the girls up for school.

Brenda
Old 11-16-2001, 08:59 AM   #11  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

Just a quickie

Brenda - Hang in there. It will only get better. It's all up hill from here. The worse is over. Take your pain pills and let your body rest, you need it even though you might feel like doing things. Hope that by the time you read this, your meds have kicked in.

I'm going to try a new schedule regime for myself. I just don't have enough time in the day to get everything done. Something's always sacrificed so I think I've got to start earlier. Last night, I left ALL the dishes AND pots and pans in the sink and on the counter. I was just too tired and kept telling myself I would get up in a minute to clean. Never happened and there's nothing more disgusting than waking up to a dirty kitchen and all you want is a nice cup of hot coffee. AAAAGGGHHHH!!!!!!! So, I've done the kitchen, am going to the stables NOW to take care of Missy and then it's back home to FINISH my chores around here so I don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day. I think I'll plan dinner now too. That has GOT to be a big time saver.

Hope you're all having a wonerful Friday morning!

Hugs,
~Pamela~
Old 11-16-2001, 03:38 PM   #12  
gettn' strong in 2002

Brenda - I'm glad it is all over for you. Take those pain pills! I remember with surgeries that I'd try and 'be brave' and sure felt sorry afterwards.
Hope you are up(get it? ) and at it soon!
Hey, you could probably take off a couple of pounds off your weight/signature line!

All joking aside; take it easy and feel better soon

~~Jill~~
Old 11-16-2001, 04:35 PM   #13  
Is is spring yet??

Well well well!! Look who the cat dragged in!

It's Jill! LOL Good to see you here my friend!

Brenda - Take those pills and call your doctor. I am sure the swelling is normal - I heard that happens. Take it easy and get some rest. You will be back to normal before you know it!

Pamela Jo - Make sure you take some "me" time for yourself. You are one busy lady - that is for sure - but for your own sanity you need it!! And yeah I know my MAN is good to me. I was just trying to be funny with Michelle!!

Emmy - Is it really you? Great picture - I would love to be there too if I had a place like that!! We missed ya

Michelle - You losing fool you! Good job with your weight loss. Keep up the good work.

Gotta scoot - its time to go home! Have a good weekend girls. Thanksgiving is in 6 days - Do you have a plan??? - I do!!

Tara
Old 11-16-2001, 05:14 PM   #14  

Hi Tara, PJ & Jill

Yes, I did call the doctor. The pain pills were making me real nauseas, he gave me some vicodin without the tylenol in it, I don't do well with tylenol, always makes me nauseaus. They seem to work a bit better too, maybe they are a little stronger. The name on the bottle is propoxyphene hcl cao 65mg, he said it is basically vicadon without the tylenol. He had me come in and see him so I would feel better, he took the bra off and changed the bandages for me. They are both the same size, it was just the way I was bandaged. They look kind of awful and mishapen but I am told that he did a real good job and the finished result will make me very happy. So that is about it. The pain is not bad now so I am pretty comfortable.

Off for another hour or so of reading, I will stop in later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks you guys
Bren
Old 11-16-2001, 06:53 PM   #15  
I'm on my way!

Brenda...glad you are feeling better!

Its so good to see so many of you posting again...this is the time when we need to be here most. With all the food during the holidays its hard to stay on program. Tara I have a plan...I am going to bank as many points as I can during the week and enjoy my thanksgiving but with caution! I am going to try like heck not to eat too much...I hate that stuffed feeling. I am going to save it for the turkey....he is suppose to be the stuffed one! HA HA! We are going to John's sister's house in the Poconos. We are only going for the day. She has too many kids that moved back home with their kids too! Its only about an hour or an hour and a half drive from here. My parents are going to my Aunt's in West Virginia and then they are going to stop here on their way back to Rhode Island on Saturday. They will leave at like 4 am on sunday so they don't hit that traffic going home. Last year we went to RI and on that sunday after it took us 8 hours to get home. Its only a 4 hour drive.

PJ we have to take time for ourselves once in awhile. Raising a family is a hard job and we tend to put our needs last! Sometimes we just have to tell our family I am closing my door or I am going here and I don't want to be bothered for an hour or two or however long you need! To heck with the house work, it will be there when you get done or get back! There just never seems to be enough time in the day to do everything!

Jill you are too funny! I hope Brenda has a tight bra on so she doesn't hurt herself laughing so hard!!

Emmy...good for you...I haven't figured out how to resize my pic yet. I will get it someday!

Freddie, Setina, Judy, Candice and everyone of you Owls that are MIA...get back to the nest!! Let us know how you are doing!

I hafta run for now...have to get my son to bed. He is getting fussy! Have a good evening!!

Michelle
Closed Thread