Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2001, 09:26 AM   #1  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Default Thursday at last!

So, we still have one more day to go... but Thursday's better than Wednesday.

Okay ladies - here's my predicament.

The week following Thanksgiving I have training Mon - Fri off site. And again the following Monday and Tuesday. I weigh in at WW at Work on Tuesdays. Therefor, I'll be missing 2 weigh ins right after turkey day.

I want to keep losing, but I'm afraid of the "i have time to make up for it" mentallity. Not to mention, since I won't be here at work, I won't be logging on much at all.

Any ideas of how to get past 3 weeks withougt weighing in? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

How have WI's been going??

Lisa
Old 11-15-2001, 09:29 AM   #2  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Oh, I just posted a Thursday thread as well. I will go deleat it as I had not much to say and a really lame poll!!! Really lame!

Trish
Old 11-15-2001, 09:42 AM   #3  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default It wont let me get rid of my thread!

For some reason it wont let me get rid of my thread. How frustrating! Anyway, I will keep trying. I don't know what the issue is. Hopefully with all the posts on this on, people will post on this one.

Hey, does anyone know what happened to Belle?

Well, I did well on points yesterday. Today I am pre-planning because I have to go out to lunch and I have no idea what they have.

It is only 8:30 here and I am ready to go home. It is going to be a long day.

Last night we went to a "how to take care of babies" class at the hospital we will deliver. I was expecting interaction with dolls etc. Instead, a nurse read from an outline. She did not even expand on the information. I kept thinking, I can read! It really was a disapointment. Hubby was happy however as he did not want to have to practice. Plus, the class was to be 2 hours long and it was over in an hour. He was home in time for South Park.

Oh, did anyone watch the new Ab Fab? It was very funny...but I missed the end as I fell asleep. No reflection on the show, I just get really tired now.

Lisa: I think you are right that the two weeks after Thanksgiving could give you an excuse to over-do. I think I would be tempted to do that. Maybe you could weigh in at home those weeks just to keep an unoficial check on yourself. Also, wear really tight pants thanksgiving day so you can not eat too much.

Just some ideas.

Well, better go.

Trish
Old 11-15-2001, 09:55 AM   #4  

Angry

Good morning everyone!

I haven't had a chance to read through the posts from the last few days, but I will!!

Well, we took my son to the gastrointestinal doc, and the up side is that nothing serious is wrong with him, the down side is he has Strep!! I didn't know Strep could form in that "area", anyway, he is on medication now, but is also getting a bad cold, so I really feel bad for him, his bottom is so sore, I stayed home with him yesterday, but work calls, so I am back!

I missed my first WW meeting last night. My mom couldn't make it, and its my TOM, so we decided to start next Wed. for sure. I am excited about it though. I am hoping the meetings will give me the motivation I lack.

Today is my DH's 30th birthday. I need to go home at lunch today and wrap his presents and pick up a cake for tonight. We are going out for dinner tomorrow night. I am getting baked fish, that should be pretty decent on the points.

Anyway, better get back to work. TTYL!!!
Old 11-15-2001, 10:29 AM   #5  
Scotland's finest export

Default hello

hi girls,
i've been busy showing someone around at work so no time to post. thankfully just someone from another department and not anyone after my current job (cos i might need to stay here!).
i still have no news on whether i have resolved the weather job situation. apparently i can force them to honour my contract, but they will just give me 2 weeks' notice on day 1. it's really frustrating. they could see me through for the entire 48 weeks of the contract, but because they are downsizing and don't have any jobs to offer me afterwards they don't want to waste the money training me up in the first place. the reason for the initial 48 week contract is so they can get rid of me really easily if i'm crap. but they normally expect you to finish the training and work for them for a few years so they see the placement as an investment. which is fair enough, but i still think they should honour the 48 weeks cos then i could apply to other TV stations if they still didn't have jobs.
so, anyhow. i've just about got over using ice cream as a crutch (i'm making myself eat sorbet cos at least it's fat free!). i weighed in at exactly the same weight as last week so my comfort eating isn't showing yet. hopefully it won't get a chance. this weekend BF and I are going to spend the weekend with his family. be nice to get out of london.
tonya - hope your son is ok. you must go to WW next week! sooner you start the sooner you know where you are and what you've got to do. but if you went tonight you'd prob have a heavier weight cos of TOM so you'd end up losing more (or be more likely to lose next time!).
trish - can you go to other baby workshops? my sister went to a couple of breastfeeding workshops. the first one only had a few people and wasn't much use or fun, but the second one was really well attended with a great midwife and she learnt lots of useful stuff.
i saw the new ab fab a few months ago over here. was it the one in paris last night? i can remember the end of that one but i won't spoil it in case it hasn't been shown yet!
lisa - how about you weigh yourself and report to us each week? that way you have to be honest and tell someone what you've lost/gained so you're more likely to stay on track.
right, i better go do some work. hope everyone is ok, those who haven't posted for a while better come back cos i miss you.
love kirsty
Old 11-15-2001, 10:43 AM   #6  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Day Two!

Hey Tonya! Did you start WW again? I did! I went to the WW website and signed up for etools. Now I can keep a journal online, figure out points for old recipes (that's the coolest) and do a points search, AND an online points calc!! All for $12.95/mo. At first, I didn't want to pay the money, but I'm desperate for a new start. I stayed within my points yesterday and even banked!! Wow! I'll need it for the stitch and ***** I'm going to tomorrow night. I'll probably bring Taco Soup so at least I know the points I"m having.
Hi to everyone!!
Trish, I voted on your poll, it's not stupid at all!! I'm a beach Baby!
Old 11-15-2001, 11:08 AM   #7  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Well, I think I am up about 3 pounds after my vacation. I will WI on Saturday, whether I like it or not. Booo Hooo! I debated about not doing it, but since Thanksgiving is next week, I might as well quit altogehter if I don't go this weekend.

Stacey, Are you just doing the on-line program? If so, let me know how that is. Oh and are there lots of recipes that only the on-liners get???

Lisa, I do the Liberty plan where I can skip up to (I think) 4 weeks between WI's. I like and don't like it. For instance, I was gone on vacation so I missed 2 WI's... now I don't feel like going again. So do your best to get back to WI when you can and I think that will help you. I know for me, when I know I am not going to WI, I use it as an excuse to eat poorly!

OK, back to work!
Old 11-15-2001, 11:21 AM   #8  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Jen: do not drop out! You can do it. If you think it can work from home again, go for it...but I have such a hard time with that that I have a hard time recomending it to anyone.

Stacey: I love that taco soup. I think I will make it this weekend for next week. Only issue is a lot of salt due to the cans.

kirsty: Chin-up on the job situation. Maybe talk with a lawyer...but my husband is a lawyer so I recomend that a lot. Being an American, I do think it is strange that you all have such a long lead-time until you start a new job. Here we give two weeks and go.... I think I would hate the messing around just for this reason. So, how do you like living with BF?

Tonya: sorry to hear that your little boy is sick...glad it was not anything too bad. I think you will like the meetings...and it is nice to go with people.

Trish
Old 11-15-2001, 11:54 AM   #9  

Trish, I am not dropping out yet... I was just saying that if I miss WI this weekend, I might as well since I would have to re-enroll. For now I am sticking with it. That is, until I get PG again, but I would like more off before I do that!

Man, it got really warm and muggy here and I am dying of heat. Plus my hair is wilted and I look like I just got out of the shower, even tho I did my hair this morning! UGHHH.
Old 11-15-2001, 01:12 PM   #10  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Online program

Jen, what I signed up for is called e-tools. I absolutely love it!
Here is an example:
You only have 8 points left for dinner and you want something with beef...then plug in that information, and Viola`! It pulls up all the recipes with beef for 8 points or less. It's awesome!
I also put in the ingredients for my Touchdown Taco Dip and it computed the points per serving for me!
I highly recommend it!
Where is Belle? and we haven't heard from Kim in a few days, either.
Lolly???? Where the heck are you?
Must get back to work...
Old 11-15-2001, 01:20 PM   #11  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Trish - sorry about the morning post. I'm always worried that two people are trying to start it at the same time. Thanks for the advice too. I'll be weighing in at the gym at the very least. I'm just bummed because it'll just be that much harder to achieve and keep track of my christmas goal.

Tonya, I'm glad your son's condition wasn't too serious. I didn't know you could get strep "there" either.

Kirsty - I will be checking in here. Thanks for the offer! I REALLY want to be at 160 by Christmas. I'll just have to keep reminding myself of this goal.

Stacy - yeah... I didn't really want to pay the money for eTools. Let me know how you like it and whether you think it's worth the money.

Jen-L, I've never heard of the liberty plan. Sounds like it would be good/bad. I do WW at work, so we pay up front and lose out if we don't go. WW at Work is on Tuesdays - and I'll be missing two Tuesday's in a row. I'm just gonna have to weigh in at the gym. Which I try and weigh myself at the gym the same day I weigh in at WW, so I know the difference. Usually the gym's is 4 pounds over the WW scale. But the last coulpe times it's been right on. I'll check again next Tuesday and see what happens there.

Okay - so tonight I have dinner at a friends. She's making the Pasta Bake stuff. Anyone know what kind of points I'll be looking at. I'm bringing the salad, so that's good. But my friend is bringing a berry torte. DOn't know what that's like. Maybe there will be nutritional info on the container. And another friend is bring wine... but I'm gonna try and pass up the wine. I'm driving, so that's the perfect excuse.

Lisa
Old 11-15-2001, 02:17 PM   #12  

Tilley... Is the pasta bake with tomato sauce or cream sauce. Tomato would be much better than the cream. And how much cheese (if any). Oh and what kind of meat. Of course you know that chicken would be better than beef or sausage. The torte may be higher in points than you think. I had a piece of key lime pie last night and looked up the points.... 10-12. WOW. So be light on the torte!

Stacey... that e-tools function sounds very nice. I heard a lot of negative things about e-tools when it first came out, so I stayed away from it. Your data is on the internet, right? So you can access it from any computer??? That would be more ideal for me since I work on computers all day, I shy away from my home one a lot, thus I wouldn't utilize the e-tools if it had to be loaded on my home computer.
Old 11-15-2001, 03:56 PM   #13  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default I love etools!!

I highly recommend it!!!
I've really enjoyed using it and you can use it at any computer.
Instead of writing everything down in my journal, (which I never did) I just log in and add it to my online journal. The dang thing adds points for me and banks, too!!! So, I find myself being more honest about what I'm eating.
Old 11-15-2001, 04:46 PM   #14  
A Yankee in Virginia

Here I am! I've been checking in and out.

Hey Stacey: What's a stitch and *****? Sounds fascinating.

My puppy is sick! My 3-year-old retriver mix, Stella. She had diarrhea and was throwing up much of last night. About 2 a.m., I called the emergency vet to see if I should bring her in. They advised me to keep an eye on her, because there didn't seem to be a threat of poison or anything. So I took her to my vet this morning and she's been there all day, and seems to be doing OK. I'm going to bring her home tonight and keep an eye on her, and if gets sick anymore I'll bring her back tomorrow for tests. I'm paranoid about poison and stuff, but the vet and I went through all possible scenarios and it just doesn't seem like she could have been at risk for anything. I hope it's just a stomach thing. My poor puppy! I've been worried all day and I can't wait to give her a hug.

My brother and his girlfriend had their baby today! She had it by C-section because the baby wouldn't turn. But the baby is fine. Kayla Ann, 7 lbs., 4 ounces. I don't know when I'll get up there to visit, probably not until next year. Like I've said, my brother and I aren't super close, although we used to be. I wish we lived closer so I could see him and my step-sister more. Maybe one day.

I need to go soon and pick up Stella. I'm off tomorrow, since I worked last Sunday, so I don't know if I'll check in. Have a good weekend if I don't!
Old 11-15-2001, 04:56 PM   #15  

Stacey... I have a stitch and ***** group too. Went last night. Do you do quilting??? That is what our group is, but I mix it up and bring my knitting sometimes. I would love to have more time to dedicate to my hobbies. Mental note... MAKE MORE TIME!!

Hey, I agree on the Belle thing. Where is she. Kind of weird that she briefly says she is moving in with b/f, then poof, disappears. Anyone hear from her via email?
Closed Thread