Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 08:06 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of May 15/06

Good morning, especially to Miss Lala. We missed you, girl. You do not have a boring life. Congrats on your new puppy. Post a photo when you get him (her?).

I hope that those of you who are mothers had a wonderful Mother's Day.

I had a great weekend although weight-wise, I'm just mystified. On Friday morning I weighed 162 after really watching my intake. I was so proud. This morning I'm up to 165. I just don't get it. Yes, I ate a little more this weekend, but 3 pounds worth!

My niece's college graduation was yesterday and it was a lovely day. She won all sorts of awards--Mathematics major. She's a geek. She's so smart and must take after her aunt

DH and I played golf on Saturday; that was fun. I didn't play that well, but I had some good shots. That's what keeps me going back, right Pam?

On Friday, I had a golf lesson. DH bought me some for my Bday last month. It was a great lesson. I actually learned something that I could immediately put to use. I really like the instructor; she's easy to understand.

On Friday evening, DH and I went to a dinner for a local charity that is just amazing. The founder flies into devastated and poor areas and delivers water machines so that the people have good water to drink. It is just a great charity and it was so nice to see so many people there supporting it. They showed slides of the tsunami-affected areas, Haiti, and even Hurricane Katrina areas. Such destruction and sadness.

Well, WI is tonight. I'm not hoping for anything except for no gain.

How is everyone else?
Old 05-15-2006, 11:40 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! It's pretty dreary here this morning and it kind of matches my mood. It's also a cold & damp 53 degrees. Warmer days are coming I hope!

Lala: We have missed your posts about your travels, gardening, and now your new addition! We're at the point we think we're going to have to have Shadow put down--he's having a harder time getting up and down the steps, can't hear, and overall his health is detriorating. It's not something I'm looking forward to but it's getting to the point that he is back to "puppy" stage with not getting outside in time. *sigh*

Lisa: DH had knee surgery on Friday so I spent the morning at the surgery center--he's doing okay but the doctor told me he has a lot of arthritis in his knee and if he continues to play rugby he'll be looking at a knee replacement in a year; if he retires he can push it off for 5 years or so. Maybe this will be his wake up call. Saturday we took a ride and stopped at a microbrewery for lunch only to find that they had graduation (New York area) so we were sufficiently bummed out. The weather was nice though. Mother's day was okay--nothing major. I can't figure out the scale either--I will admit though that I succumbed to 2 doughnuts on Sunday--the worst part is that they didn't even taste all that great!

Work is getting crazy and I'm trying to not get stressed about it. I have a new student worker and she's awesome--I wish she could stay on because she's a quick learner. I'll take it though because it means I don't have to keep going over things.

Hi to Pam, Susan, Austingal!! Hope you're all doing well! I'll post more later on.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:41 PM   #3  
si, si signora

Hi Ladies,

I have missed you too. I dropped the ball, but I'm back.

Lisa -- sounds like you have one smart niece, who takes after you.

I hear you on the water weight gain. I can tell just based on my ring.

Melissa -- I'm sorry about Shadow. It was so hard to deal with Jacques last few months and knowing that he was in a lot of pain. I miss him so much, but his quality of life was suffering.

Pam -- how are you doing in the floods? Yikes.

Susan -- your ticker is going down girl!

Other than that, hauled my butt to a meeting yesterday, I had 6 coupons sitting around and it is free registration. I liked the meeting leader and the group seems intelligent. I am afraid that sundays are going to be my day, every other day seems filled with other stuff.

Well, I should go gird my loins (???) for a meeting. I am looking for a new job, I can't stand the one I have.

Sigh.

lala
Old 05-15-2006, 12:58 PM   #4  

Happy Monday Ladies,

The rain is still coming down and we are experiencing severe flooding in the northeast part of the state. MA and NH have declared a state of emergency. Looks like the rain should end by Wednesday. Keep your fingers crossed, the rivers can't hold anymore water!

Mother's day was nice. Lauren had to work part of the day, but we still had some time together and went to visit my Mom. DS and I had dinner out last night. He's graduating from UMASS on the 27th so things are pretty hectic for him right now. Can't believe those 4 years went by so quickly.

Melissa so sorry to hear about DH's surgery. Does he play rugby professionally? My mother in law had knee replacement surgery in February and just went back to work on May 1st. Very long recovery. I didn't indulge in donuts, but did have a Dunkin Donuts blueberry muffin on Sunday and thought the same thing...it wasn't terrific and certainly not worth all the points.

Lisa congrats to your niece, that's quite an accomplishment. Glad you had fun playing golf I've had that kind of weight gain occur, could it be sodium? I bet it will be gone tomorrow. What's going on in your area with all the alligator atttacks? That's really scary.

Lala Hope your DP packed her rain gear if she's spending time in Boston. Please post a picture or two of your new puppy when he comes "home" next week.

Well ladies I should get back to work. Hope you all have a nice Moday..talk to you soon.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:47 PM   #5  
si, si signora

Here is a link to Ernest pictures.

Ernest on flickr.

I can't wait until he's snuffling through the peonies.

lala
Old 05-15-2006, 03:17 PM   #6  

It's rainy and cold here, too, Pam. I think it's supposed to clear up by the weekend. I hate these dreary days. We're certainly not getting the rain that you are though. DH does not play rugby professionally--just a side thing he has enjoyed. I keep telling him his body can't take the abuse and maybe now it's finally sinking in. He'll be 49 in July so we'll see. I don't think he wants to go the route of the replacement just yet.

Lala: I work at Sunday meeting at our center we have a great group. The pictures of Ernest are great. How's the puppy-proofing going? There's so much that they can get into that we forget about!

So far the afternoon has been fairly quiet and I'm not complaining too loudly. What I will complain about is the coldness in here! It's a mere 54 outside and they've turned our heat off in the building so I'm cold and thus I've been looking for something to eat...grrr.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:21 PM   #7  

OMG lala, he's so cute!! Glad to have you back, BTW.

Pam: Gee, I saw some pictures from somewhere in Maine. Keep your head above water girl.

Melissa: That would be tough news for your husband, I expect. Not much of a choice involved. Can he play rugby with a replacement knee or is that out of the question?

Lisa: I can appreciate your frustration with the scale. Any chance it could be water retention?

As for me, well, things are relatively okay. I went to see Our Lady Peace on Friday night; great concert. Was invited out for lobster dinner on Saturday - great food, good conversation, ate too much but that's not new Did a 6 km run Sunday morning with the group, then we had brunch together afterwards. Later in the day, took my friend's twins to their swimming lesson.

Also yesterday, dropped in to my ex-house to get some of my lawn furniture. Mistake. I can't go near him without having a major breakdown. At least this time, I managed to hold if off until I got into the car and drove away. I'll just have to buy replacement stuff in future; it's just too painful to see him.

Have a fairly busy week ahead. I'm not doing the half marathon in next weekend's race; I thought about it and decided it wasn't worth the risk of injury. I can do a half or two in the fall.

Susan
Old 05-16-2006, 10:34 AM   #8  

It's cloudy here today, so maybe we'll get some rain!! I know Pam does not appreciate that comment, but we've had brush fires for weeks and it would be great to get some rain. Just the other day, we were driving to Winter Park for our niece's graduation and we had to take a detour because of smoke.

Good news, I was down 1# at WI last night. I tell you it's been rough just to do that.

lala, Ernest is so cute. I'll be you can't wait. Glad to hear you're going to meetings again. I don't think we have any Sunday meetings here. What's wrong with your job?

Pam, I hope the floods stop. The photos are scary.

Melissa, I hope DH's knee feels better. These guys just don't realize that their bodies can't take the abuse forever. My DH keeps complaining because he can't run as fast as he used to. I say, you're 57 not 35.

Susan, yep, I think I'd stay away from ex for a while. It's just not good for you. And it's more fun to buy new stuff. : )
Old 05-16-2006, 10:48 AM   #9  
Julie - Stampin Up Demo

Default Goal Met

I am happy to say - I have been in other sections of 3FC since I started weight watchers
I met my physicians goal of 55 lbs total loss!!
I am going on maintenance for 6 weeks to get my lifetime
Once I hit my lifetime goal I am going to work for another 7-10 lbs loss as my personal goal
I am at the lowest weight that I can ever remember - being an adult. I weight less now than I did when I became pregnant with my first child (in the military)
Old 05-16-2006, 12:02 PM   #10  
si, si signora

Hi everyone and welcome Osborn! Congrats on making your goal.

Lisa - Thank you. He's a cutie, but he's a puppy and we've never really had a puppy, so we'll see. I'm hoping the brush fires stop soon and you get some of the rain. I thought is was coming your way.

Susan -- I'm sorry that M still gets to you. I need to read to catch up on what has transpired, but I'm thinking that just buying new stuff may be worth it.

Melissa -- How is DH doing? I would probably opt for stopping my rough activity over a knee replacement. My mom did great after her partial this summer, but its a rough road to recovery. Then again, maybe it would be better just to do it and get it over with. He's pretty fit, right?

Pam -- I'm hoping that things have calmed down in Western MA. TH is in Orono today and she said the weather is beautiful. I have no idea what it'll be like at Woods Hole for the next week or two. She is also going to Miami next week to celebrate Hurricane Season. She's such a nerd.

Hi to everyone else. Its hot here, unseasonable and i'm not happy at all. I did my 3 mile hilly walk this am at the gym and closed up the house so it'll be cool when I get home. I am hoping to finish off the rest of the grilled chicken with grilled asparagus and a nice arugula/walnut salad for dinner. Yum.

Trying core, doing okay, I think.

Talk to you all later!

lala
Old 05-16-2006, 04:01 PM   #11  

Hi everyone! It's another dreary, rainy, overcast day here in PA and I don't think we're going to see the sun until the weekend.

Susan: Not going back to your old house is a good idea; just get new stuff to start fresh--why put yourself through that? It's not worth it I'm sure! It sounds like a good decision to forego the half-marathon to get yourself healthy--no reason to put more strain on your body than you have to and risk more injury. Playing rugby with a knee replacement is out of the question--doctor said he wouldn't even consider doing it if he were going to continue to play. He can do other things on the sideline.

Osborn: Congratulations on getting to goal!!! Feel free to join us here--we are all at different stages in the LT journey and we'd welcome a new member to our posts

Lisa: Congrats on the loss!! I know how hard you've been working at it! I'm working on getting my 2 milks and healthy oils in and so far so good. I think I've gotten a little click. It's also helping that I'm giving my journals to a friend who can view them so it's keeping me honest. I hope you get some rain--I'll send it your way!

Lala: I've had 2 puppies and let me tell you they find things you didn't know you had! They are a lot of fun though. We had a sheltie and the breeder we got him from told us to keep him in an enclosed area so that he couldn't get into trouble--it was hard leaving him in a kennel but overall it was the best thing for him. Once my DH left him out (he was 9 mos.) and he chewed a lace tablecloth my great aunt had crocheted. I don't know who I was more upset with--DH for leaving him out or the dog for chewing on it.

DH is doing well--he had his follow up appointment with the doctor this morning and he said he won't need therapy for what they did. He's still pretty sore and he told him he could go back to work when he felt he could stand all day--I don't see that happening this week--maybe later next week but we'll see. He's pretty fit so he should be able to get back to doing things fairly quick. I do know he probably won't be running as much--he mentioned to me about going for walks so that'd be great for me in the evenings. We'll see if it actually happens

Work is getting crazier--came back from lunch and our distribution services delivered 24 boxes while I was out and didn't have the sense to put them in an area that didn't block things--they were stacked in front of my printer, filing cabinets and my little "kitchen area"--I was upset that they arrived over the lunch hour and that someone had let them in my office to make the delivery *sigh* Anyway, we got them moved but it was the point of the matter.

Sorry this is so long--tomorrow is WI day so we'll see where I'm at. I'm hoping for a little loss but one never knows since TOM is due pretty soon.

Have a great evening!
Old 05-16-2006, 05:17 PM   #12  

Hi ladies,

It's still raining here, but it looks like we may see the sun for a little bit tomorrow The weather sure plays a big part in people's moods. Everyone seems so cranky around the office.

Not much going on, just looking forward to the weekend already. DH and I are scheduled to go away on Saturday for our anniversary. We were planning on going to the CT shore but not if the weather is like this.

Melissa glad your DH is doing better. That would be nice if he could walk with you in the evening. I always prefer to have a walking buddy. Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow, I bet you will see a loss.

Lala Ernest is absolutely adorable, is that his sister in the pictures you posted? I can't believe hurricane season is almost here already. Is TH involved in the same type of work as you?

Susan I agree with everyone else, just try and stay away from M and your old house as much as your can. Nothing is worth retrieving that will make you feel that sad.

Lisa I wish I could send you some of our rain. The ground is just so wet I've noticed mold developing around some of the plants in my garden. We really need to dry out. Glad you were down a pound last night. I'm hoping I'll also be done when I weigh in this Friday.

Julie (osborn) welcome! Hope you can post with us when you can. Congrats on your loss, that's very impressive.

Well ladies hope you all had a nice day. Talk to you later!
Old 05-16-2006, 06:37 PM   #13  
si, si signora

Pam --
It is his sister, who is also adorable, but DP wanted a boy and that is what we're getting.

DP does the same type of stuff, she's going to a review meeting that is in Miami and has a hurricane aspect to it. I hope they don't start early this year.

I would think that this weekend should be dryer, but maybe not as nice for a weekend in CT.

Sigh.

I have a headache, ate well today and exercised, but all I want to do is take a nap. It must be the 80 degree weather. It is too hot for may in Seattle.

I will also admit, all I want to do is swoop across the mountains and pick up Ernest.

Then again, it is quiet and peaceful at home.

lala
Old 05-17-2006, 07:52 AM   #14  

We had some rain yesterday--about 1/3 of an inch, but we'll take it. I-95 is open all the way through the county today.

I went for my run this morning and I wanted to quit the entire time. I just didn't feel like it, but I did it. Some days...

Melissa, I'm glad DH is on the mend. Also, kudos to the doctor for saying no knee replacement if DH is going to continue to play rugby. That was unbelievable about the boxes in your office. Some people just don't have a clue.

lala, that is very warm for Seattle. I hope you get a break soon. Yes, I also hope hurricane season will be nothing much this year. So many people are still doing repairs from 2004! Ernest will be home soon!!

Pam, I hope you get sunshine soon. Too much rain is just as bad as too little rain. Happy Anniversary ahead of time. Maybe you'll go to CT anyway. Also looking forward to the weekend. DH and I are playing in a golf tournament.

Osborn, welcome.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:41 AM   #15  

Hi eveyone.

Thanks for your advice re M. I know that staying away is the best thing to do. It's just that I've spent so much money since the move - and I left so much behind. Of course, hitting rock bottom again and having to see my counsellor twice as often is also costly, so I guess it's a lesson learned.

Pam: I hope the worst of the bad weather is behind you. We had a thunder and lightning storm last nite and 60 mm of rain. Don't know what that is in imperial but I can tell you it rained buckets.

lala: Didn't realize you didn't have the puppy yet. Will it be long? He's just too cute.

Melissa: Is your DH rally bummed about the knee and the prospect of not playing? It's hard to give up things that you're passionate about.

Julie: Welcome and congratulations! You have a lot to be proud of. Maybe you can lend me a bit of your motivation since I seem to be lacking these days.

Lisa: Congrats on the loss. I've been eating badly the past two weeks and it shows on the scale (which I finally found the courage to jump on this morning). Ahem - let's just say, it's time to smarten up!!

Am going for a run after work, then off to a meeting tonight. Maybe if I get home late enough I'll stay out of the fridge.

Susan
Closed Thread