Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 12:31 PM   #16  
si, si signora

Hi everyone, quick drive by. I have a conference call in :30 seconds and another meeting after that. At least I can eat during my call - baked rhubarb, plain non fat yoghurt and some uncle sams cereal. Snack will be a banana and a low fat cheese stick.

BBL!

lala
Old 05-17-2006, 12:50 PM   #17  

Hi ladies,

The sun is shining, the sun is shining

Maybe I can get some yard work done tonight. The grass is about a foot high due to all the rain. I'm also going to try and get in a nice long walk after work.
I'm so happy.

Broke my OP streak last night. We went out to an Italian restaurant that was only soso. If your going to go off program, you should really enjoy what your eating and I did not. Still hoping for a slight loss on Friday.

Lala sounds like you have a busy day. I really like rhubarb...reminds me of the rhubarb pie my Memere use to make when I was a kid. Ahhhh the memories.

Susan enjoy your run this evening. Yup, the nice thing about late meetings is that they don't leave a lot of time for careless nightime eating.

Lisa glad you got the rain I sent. Dh and I were hoping to get a little golf in this weekend too. So far today things are dry today but looks like tomorrow could bring a few more showers.

Hi Melissa.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:37 PM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

Pam: Gotta love the sunshine!!! We've had a few peeks but it's supposed to cloud up and another front is heading our way with cooler temps and more rain. I'd rather have someone to walk with rather than alone so it'll be nice once his knee mends more. I know what you mean about "wasting" POINTS on so-so food; I did that on Sunday with a doughnut. Didn't taste as good but I still ate it...moving on though!

Susan: Is there a way to go to get things when M is not around or have someone else get them for you so you would have to lay out more $$ on things you need? I'm sure DH is disappointed about not being able to play because he has done it for 30 years--it's part of him. He can still be active with the guys but in a different way. I just hope he listens to the doctor!

Lala: We have rhubarb in our garden area but it'll be a while before we'll get any--it's been too cool! My mom loves the stuff--me it's not a big thing.

Well I was up 1.4# at WI today--TOM arrived last evening so it's really no surprise. I know I'm doing more activity, getting in my milk and oils and have been doing much better with the night time snacking. I'm going to hope that next week will be a way better reflection with the scale. No major plans for this evening--probably should get some laundry done before it gets out of control.

Hi Osborn!
Old 05-17-2006, 04:32 PM   #19  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, sorry about the gain, but TOM does that.

Pam, I'm so glad you have sunshine. Maybe you'll get out there on the links.

Pam and Melissa, I hear you on the wasted points. Why do we do it??

lala, I really like rhubarb, but it's not big here. My grandma used to make rhubarb pie, that was a sometimes treat. Wouldn't like it all the time. Do you mean string cheese? When I was just starting WW, I loved low-fat string cheese and then I got away from it. Last week I bought some more and I really enjoy it as a snack and it gets in a dairy product.

DH and I are going to pilates class tonight. He actually enjoys it. He says he feels good afterwards and he gets to stretch those overworked running muscles.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:26 PM   #20  
si, si signora

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHoney

If your going to go off program, you should really enjoy what your eating and I did not.
Bingo.

I feel the same way all the time.

lala
Old 05-18-2006, 12:11 PM   #21  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Sunny here again, but moderate.

I am hoping everyone is having a productive morning/afternoon.

Any exciting plans for the weekend?

lala
Old 05-18-2006, 12:45 PM   #22  

Hi, lala, it's sunny here today, too. Going to a play tonight, a comedy called It's All in the Timing. Many of my acting friends are in it, so I'm looking forward to it. Saturday is a golf tournament for me and DH. Other than that, nothing much exciting. I hope to get to the beach this weekend.

What about everyone else?
Old 05-18-2006, 01:43 PM   #23  
si, si signora

Lisa -- that sounds lovely.

I am impressed that DH likes pilates. I am going to add that to my repetoire.

Weekend for me, redoing inundation numbers, gardening, farmer's markets, run/walk, ww meeting and dump run!

Whoo hoo!

very exciting. I like the idea of a golf tournament. Good luck to you!

lala
Old 05-18-2006, 01:57 PM   #24  

Height: 5'7"

Raining and a cool 49 degrees here today I have a space heater in my office to take the chill off--they've definitely turned off the boilers so the hallways are pretty cool and I'm not even going to sugar coat this one--the bathroom feels like an outhouse!

Anyway, this weekend are the annual Highland Games and there's a big rugby tournament that DH has helped coordinate. As long as the weather isn't bad I'll head out there to watch some of the matches and treat myself to a sausage roll

I'm working tonight, Friday night and Sun. a.m. at WW so it'll give me a few extra bucks. Everytime I think I'm getting ahead I take a couple of steps backward. *sigh* I'm working on the night time eating and it's been a difficult task. Not much else going on. DS #1 is looking for his own vehicle--that'll be great when he gets one. We won't be juggling my car between the two of us.

Hi to Pam, Lisa, Susan, Austingal, Osborn/Julie! Hope you're enjoying sunshine!
Old 05-18-2006, 03:48 PM   #25  

lala, the Pilates instructor nearly killed us both! It was a tough workout. Farmer's Market? That sounds great. We don't really have anything like that where I live. Speaking of gardening, I need to weed my flower beds.

Melissa, that is so cold for mid-May. The Highland Games sound like fun. I hope DS finds a car. You're right, juggling a car between you is not fun. DH and I did that for a few weeks and it was difficult.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:25 PM   #26  
si, si signora

Melissa --
nighttime eating is an easy habit to get into and a hard one to get out of.

Have you thought of brushing your teeth after dinner and calling it a night? I recently did that and it worked. I also washed my face, I wasn't going out and then it was done before bed.

Ugh, I just found out I owe 50K in taxes next year. I had budgeted for about 35K, so making up the 15K gap is going to be fun!

NOT.

Anyhoo, other than that, things here are fabulous. Lots of fun data managment things to think of, a trip to TJ's tonight and a weeding session in the Ppatch.

Melissa - Juggling cars is a pain, but finding the right car will take time. With gas prices the way they are all the reliable gas efficient vehicles are getting snapped up.

Good luck.

lala
Old 05-18-2006, 06:26 PM   #27  
si, si signora

Oh, May flowers chez lala.

lala's garden in May
Old 05-19-2006, 07:51 AM   #28  

lala, I wouldn't want to even think about that much in taxes. That's awful. For some reason, couldn't see your garden photos. I'll bet they're great. You always have such a nice garden.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:49 AM   #29  
si, si signora

Hmm, strange Lisa. I wonder what is up.

Capital gains. They suck. I didn't want to reinvest in real estate right now, so I took a really really big hit.

I have it, I just don't want to part with it.

Sigh.

DP reminded me that I'll make the money in a year or two, but I am soo prissed.

Other than that, my life is just great! Happy happy, eating well, about to hit the gym, its cooled off here, my lawn guy is coming and I'm going to buy two dog crates this afternoon.

Ahhh, the weekend is only 9 hours away in Seattle!

lala
Old 05-19-2006, 10:34 AM   #30  

I received some sad news this morning. The son of a couple that I know well committed suicide on Wednesday night. They had been estranged from their son for about 5 years and it was very sad. He had gotten in with the wrong crowd and broke the law. He seemed to get his life together, but then he got a girl pregnant. She then had another baby with him. It was a terrible struggle for him to have two children to raise. I feel so sad for the loss of this young man.
Closed Thread