Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 11:16 AM   #16  

I would like to join in on the Memorial Day Challenge.

me and DH WI on Wednesdays @ 12 so I will count my past week as part of it seeing as how this was my mini goal I set when we started last week.

I will loose 15lbs by May 29th. (This is also me and DH's 2 year anniversary)
Old 04-18-2006, 01:50 PM   #17  
The change I want to see.

S/C/G: 250/239/150

Count me in too.

I haven't done a challenge before so...this will be my first.

My goals for Memorial Day:

Lose 5lbs
Drink my water
Journal what I'm eating
Hit the gym AT LEAST 3 times a week AT LEAST an hour each time.
Make healthier choices.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:31 PM   #18  

Ty Chrissy for the support~ I had another good day so far did my treadmill again this morning and sticking to food plan~
Old 04-18-2006, 06:03 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

I need to start a confession page - where I admit to all my mistakes during this challange.

I know - it seems like little things -- but a lot of little bites have added up for me in the last few years.

Last night - three bites of DD's Gogurt, all of DD's leftover soup, most of DS's leftover soup. This is why I had 12 points in soup

My goal is not to touch the kid's food, and yet I keep doing it.
The night before that -- leftover bagels with jam (DS didn't eat his)

Strange result of the month. I hate throwing away food, but need to. So for the last 3 months if I don't eat the kid's bread crust / leftover soup / whatever, I have been giving it to my dog. I just noticed he has gotten really fat this winter. I guess my dog doesn't need leftovers any more than I do.

On the exercise front - doing good. I swam for 2 hours yesterday.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:03 PM   #20  
It's up to me this time!

Height: 5'3

I would like to join in please. I have lost all track and hope this gets me going again. I'm going to shoot for 10lbs, that should definitely be doable. I wish everyone the BEST of luck on this ;-)

Jeanette
Old 04-18-2006, 08:18 PM   #21  
Another Tammy

Wow, great job on the swim, Morrigan! I like to keep track of your progress because we started at just about the same size. I'm about 5'2" and was 214 at my highest (a little over a year ago) so you're unknowingly helping to spur me on!

I guess since my official Easter weigh in is over, I gotta declare my Memorial Day goal. If I'm adding correctly. Memorial Day is 42 days away, so 6 weeks. I'm going to go for a 10 pound loss but work towards 12. 2 pounds a week seems to be my average but there are always higher and lower weeks so I'll go with 10 to be safe.

I guess I gotta get a new ticker now. Bear with me a day or 2, though, because I want to still admire my "I made my Easter goal" ticker for a little bit!
Old 04-18-2006, 11:50 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

The only reason I swam for 2 hours was I took my cousin, Erica, with me. She is also doing WW (I have been dragging her to meetings with me), and has lost 16 lbs (just met her 10%), I think she is down close to 150 now.

Random thought. I noticed in the 12 week journals that they have your goal be 10% and I thought that maybe - no matter what weight you are - that 10% is a reasonable goal for weight loss in a 3 month period.

For example:
It is reasonable for a 300 lb person to lose 30 lbs in 12 weeks.
It is reasonable for a 200 lb person to lose 20 lbs in 12 weeks.
It is reasonable for a 150 lb person to lose 15 lbs in 12 weeks.

You now - like people that are heavier seem to lose a lot faster, but as you get closer to goal, it takes forever to get it off.

Back to the swimming, though, Erica and I can talk as much as I type, so we shared a lane and talked for 2 hours, which made the time fly by. We took turns using my goggles for full swimming, but mostly used the kick board with 25 kicking hard and 25 kicking easy. However it happened, we were both sore the next day, had a great time, and are very eager to ditch the kids with the husbands and do it again.

And thanks Sassy for letting me know that I helped. It is always a great inspiration to me to see how well people have done. I love Mrs. Jim's posts on the calorie counting page. She starting losing weight when I did in '97 or '98 (I used to be on 3FC back then, but I forgot my old user name), but she has kept it off the whole time. That is real inspiration. I am just still in the middle of the struggle.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:02 AM   #23  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy1175

Congrats on the 6lb loss for your Easter challenge, Shari. I didn’t meet my 10 lbs goal either but isn’t it great to have lost some?

Here’s my big dilemma. I can’t seem to get motivated to eat breakfast lately. Sometimes it’s because I’m running late but sometimes, like this morning, I just don’t eat. There are usually little factors, like I’m out of my normal breakfast food, but the little things shouldn’t keep me from doing something I know I need to do. SOOO what can I do? What should I do to stay motivated to do something I don’t really care about? I’ve decided to keep something lite in my desk for days like this but what about other things.

What motivates you?
Thanks, it is wonderful to lose some. What motivates me is what I plan on eating. I LOVE oatmeal. It's so good and creamy and filling, I just get excited thinking about it! LOL
Old 04-19-2006, 02:25 AM   #24  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Here goes:
* official starting weight :209lbs
* goal weight by end of challenge: 199lbs
* exercise 6 days/week, minimum of 45 mins per session
* try to keep a mood and confessions journal (I keep a daily foods log online)
* Stay OP!!

- I'll update on Saturday, my weigh-in day, with my new weight.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:32 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Just checking in

Morning all!

I just wanted to see how everyone is doing today... I jumped on the scale this morning and was a bit disappointed as it seems to be moving in the wrong direction but I will just keep chugging along... I walk and count my points so I am not sure what I am doing wrong, drinking water has never been a problem for me so that is not the issue... we will see what tomorrow brings. My W/I day is on Saturday mornings so that will tell the real story.

How is everyone doing today?

Princess
Old 04-19-2006, 11:27 AM   #26  
Amy

S/C/G: 233/188/155

Height: 5'6"

Ok. So, I weighed in yesterday and was happily down .8. This is great since I was expecting about a 2lb gain. So, my goal for memorial day is to be at 181. Ahhhhhhhhhh this is what I weighed when my husband and I started dating 11 years ago. This is gonna be good. Will post weekly at the least for updates. --Amy
Old 04-19-2006, 11:51 AM   #27  
The change I want to see.

S/C/G: 250/239/150

Well...let's see...yesterday I hit the elliptical for an hour...and upped my intensity AGAIN! According to the same machine I've been using...I'm burning 200 more calories an hour than I was when I first started using the machine in January.

I'm making a menu for the grocery shopping that will take place on Thursday.
Any tips or ideas? How many of y'all eat the Smart Ones meals? Favorites?
PM me if you like...or I can start a new thread...

Thanks in advance!
Jenn
Old 04-19-2006, 10:11 PM   #28  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

I am new to the ww forum so I figure I would jump right in and join this challenge.

I would love to lose 8 lbs ( though 10 would be wonderful)
drink 8 glasses of water a day
exercise 5 days a week.

Bev
Old 04-20-2006, 09:23 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 5'4" 207/171.5/116

Hey gals! Mind if I join you? I've been keeping up with this thread, and it's very encouraging. Here are my goals:
1) Journal EVERY SINGLE BITE I eat in CalorieKing software (similiar to Fitday) -- I'm bad about sneaking in little bites here and there and not recording them thinking "oh, one little bite won't matter," but they add up.
2) Do NOT purchase any extra high calorie snacks that aren't on the list just because they look tasty when at the grocery store -- if I don't purchase them, I guess I'd have to steal them in order to eat them, and I don't think I'd make a very good thief :-)
3) Run, jog, or a walk a MINIMUM of 120 miles total during this challenge (starting with Monday (04/17))
4) Create a weekly calorie deficit of 7000 (1000 per day)
4) All this should result in a 12 pound loss, putting me at 159.5 on Memorial Day!!
Old 04-20-2006, 09:29 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Thursday!

Just stopping by to check on everyone and see what is going on.

Well the scale seems to be moving in the wrong direction but my clothing seems to be getting bigger... not sure what is up with that but it is discouraging.

I drink my water, stay in my point range, rarely use all of my extra flex points, walk about 8 miles a week and take my vitamins... not sure what I am doing wrong but I have only lost a total of 9.2 lbs in 6 weeks...

I am 43 years old and it is getting harder as I get older but this is really frustrating.

Any suggestions? I was thinking about trying the Wendie Plan version while I am doing the MD challenge but I am not sure that is the answer... any thoughts?

Princess
Closed Thread