Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2001, 12:32 PM   #1  
imaleader

The Summer is Coming!

How many of you are ready to commit to contine to going to meetings, and being an active participant in the program during the long, hot, summer months? Is anyone out there thinking, "Hmmm. I think I'll take the summer off because I'm not where I hoped to be this summer in terms of clothing size, weight,." or whatever? DON'T DO IT! Stay in the game. This is the time, maybe, to reevaluate your effort, your time and your commitment and stay with us. We want you to keep at it... OK, so if your expectations have not been met, (remember, this is not a race) then you have some more time to spend reconditioning your habits.

If you quit (or take a vacation, so to speak) you'll be that much further behind in September when you either have to re-join, or get back on track again. Everyone: Keep up the good work, and don't leave... not even for one second. There are 15 weeks between now and Labor Day. A lot can happen in that time. Let's all make the decision to help each other over the hurdles coming and applaud when we tackle them successfully. Have a wonderful weekend...

Old 05-24-2001, 01:36 PM   #2  
Is is spring yet??

I will be going to my Wednesday nite meeting all summer. Oh yes! I know when I don't go - I am just not in the right frame of mind (and that is what got me fat in the first place!). So I will be there - with bells on!

I look forward to summer - the meetings are much quieter and then lines aren't as long!! LOL

Thanks for the reminder!

Tara
Old 05-24-2001, 02:02 PM   #3  

You're posting this reminder at a great time. I'm sure lots of people are thinking of doing just that. Not me though. After a year and a half, my Tuesday night meetings are an important part of my life. The week just wouldn't feel right if I didn't at least weigh in! My weight loss slowed over last summer but slowly but surely the pounds kept coming off. It is harder to watch what you eat in the summer, that's why it's the most critical time to get the help we all need to stay focused.

I strongly urge everyone to get on plugging away at journaling, drinking water, exercising, and attending meetings. Believe me, if I can (and I know I can) then so can you!

Flib
292.6/184/165ish
Old 05-24-2001, 02:02 PM   #4  
Hot Stuff

At my meeting last night, our leader had a display on the window. One outfit was a pair of shorts and a t-shirt tucked in with a belt. The other was the same shorts with the t-shirt not tucked in. She asked us which outfit we wanted to be in for Labour Day weekend. Of course, we want to be able to tuck in our shirts!!! Every meeting you stay for after weigh-in gives you a chance to win the WW t-shirt after Labour Day. Sometimes visual presentations bring the point home easier.

I could possibly be at goal by Labour Day. I'm definately going to ALL my meetings this summer!
Old 05-24-2001, 04:05 PM   #5  
Always find the good!

The summer isn't my problem!! I go to school nights and for the fall semester will be taking a class on Tuesday nights!!!!! The same night as my meeting!!! I'm cringing at the thought!

I hope I can find another meeting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The stress!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2001, 09:32 PM   #6  

I couldn't possibly give up my meetings in the summer. I have way too far to go and i want to get there sooner than later!!!!!! I'll be weighing every week and staying for meetings!!!! they are a mainstay of life!
liz
Old 05-24-2001, 09:38 PM   #7  

What a grea topic. it brings back memories of last summer. i was into the program for about 2 months and summer was coming. I went away for two week with the attitude of.. it's summer.. time to have fun.. well, sure enough I gained 6 pounds. I caught it earlier enough to know that I had to continue.
Go to your meetings ladies and gents- let summer be the time to weigh less!

Fran
Old 05-28-2001, 09:48 AM   #8  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

I'll be there, rain or shine!

234/209/thinner
Old 05-28-2001, 01:50 PM   #9  

It's actually easier for me to keep going in the summer. It's easier for me to keep on program in the summer. In the coldest part of winter I just want to sit at home and keep warm (while eating of course).
Old 05-29-2001, 02:32 PM   #10  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

I did exactly that last summer. I didn't just quit the program but I sort of gave myself a break I guess. I still managed to loose 3 lbs over that 6 or 7 week period but I know I would have been much farther along had I not taken that break. It did help me to know, though, that after 2 yrs the program kind of becomes ingrained so you do it almost without realizing it. Shows its a good program though, doesn't it? Have a great day!!

Sis4
Old 05-30-2001, 10:14 AM   #11  

Summer always used to be the most difficult time of year for me - bbqs, beaches, going out with the kids, etc., and every summer I would gain about 10 pounds. So I will be extra sure to attend my monthly meetings during the summer. Don't want to revert to old habits.
Thanks for this post - it is a great reminder.
Closed Thread