Old 12-14-2004, 08:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Make a commitment for 2005

In preparation for the new year and new resolutions, here is a contract to make with yourself on an individual basis. This is voluntary. Copy it, modify it, personalize it, print it, make it public, make it private...whatever you want to do.

Contract with Myself

I hereby pledge to:

My goal is to accomplish:

Signature:

Date:
            Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
            Old 12-14-2004, 08:15 AM   #2  

Contract with Myself

I hereby pledge to:

Be under 220 lbs - another 28 pounds gone by end of 2005

Signature: Terri

Date: 12/14/04
                      Old 12-14-2004, 10:03 AM   #3  
                      Dancing those pounds away

Terri... love this 300lbs in 2005 !!!
                      I wish we could lose 2005 lbs in 2005.

I will sign my contract in January.
                      I know it is wrong... but I can't/won't commit to exercise program until then.
                      I have sooo much on my plate right now I know I would not do it... then that leads to diappointment in myself... so... I will join in come January.
                      It is bad enough all of the NAUGHTYs I have concerning exercise. LOL Hmmm that really isn't funny. LOL

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 02-23-2005 at 12:29 PM.
                      2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
                      Old 12-14-2004, 10:14 AM   #4  
                      Raindancer1

Terri...this is very creative and useful. I too have a few too many things that are making it difficult for me to stick to a program for loss (at least I am not gaining). So I will most definitely incorporate this contract in my life some time in December, before the New Year. I will keep it private, but consult it as needed, probably once a day, to keep the mind focused. I have overcome many obstacles with the help of my buddies and with this fabulous site overall. I eat smaller portions (salad plate only), eat no refined foods (white bread makes me gag), do not eat for emotional reasons (I'd rather just cry and get a hug than a cookie) and exercise fairly regularly (in my normal life).

I love the contract and want to thank you for such a simple but elegant tool to help us reach our goals.
                      Cathy
                      raindancer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
                      Old 12-14-2004, 05:28 PM   #5  
                      Determined

This is a great idea Terri I can't print it out but I think I'll either write it out or put it on my desktop.

Contract with Myself

I hereby pledge to:

* Participate in a program of regular exercise daily, twice daily if possible.

* Eat healthful foods in reasonable portions at least three times a day.

* Eat primarily to satisfy my nutritional needs rather than my emotional needs.

* Change behaviors to ensure my success by planning meals, journalling, seeking assistance, or whatever I have to do other than past harmful behaviors.

* Renew this contract every day, every week, or every month as needed to keep me on track for my goal.

Changing my habits (eating, journaling, behaviour-wise, exercising) enough to where I succesfully not only enjoy losing weight but see my weightloss, and feel it.

Signature:
                      CD

Date:
                      12/14/04
                      cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
                      Old 12-14-2004, 05:52 PM   #6  

Default Contract Revised, 1/18/05

I'm completely rewriting my contract.

Contract with Myself for 2005

I hereby make a commitment to give myself the gift of a significant weight loss during 2005. I pledge to make a significant weight loss one of my highest priorities. Most importantly, I promise myself that I will not put anyone else's needs ahead of my significant weight loss.

My goal is to lose 58 pounds by December 31, 2005. My target weight for the year is 240.

To make this happen, I will make a plan on a weekly basis; each week's plan will have six parts:

(1) a daily average calorie limit
                      (2) a plan for aerobic exercise
                      (3) a plan for strength training
                      (4) a target for water consumption
                      (5) a plan to avoid sleep deprivation
                      (6) a reward I will give myself if I meet the five goals above

In addition, I will record food and exercise in my journal and I will weigh-in on the weigh-in thread weekly.

Signature:

Angela, Alice, Alison, VORTEX, Kali in Disguise

Date:

1/18/05

Last edited by Angela_aka_Alice; 01-19-2005 at 12:48 AM.
                      Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
                      Old 12-14-2004, 07:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

This is a great Idea Terri, Thank you for taking the time to post this for us.

Contract with Myself

I hereby pledge to:
                      • Participate in a program of regular aerobic exercise for a period of a minimum of 20 minutes per day, five days a week.
                      • Participate in a program of regular weight training for a minimum of three days a week.
                      • Eat healthful foods in reasonable portions and/or stick with a low calorie food plan.
                      • Eat primarily to satisfy my nutritional needs rather than my emotional needs.
                      • Change behaviors to ensure my success by planning meals, journalling, seeking assistance, or whatever I have to do other than past harmful behaviors.
                      • Renew this contract every day, every week, or every month as needed to keep me on track for my goal.

My goal is to accomplish: A regular pattern of exercise and healthy eating. And a daily journal of food and feelings. I will lose at least 75 pounds in 2005.

Signature: Skittles

Date: 12-14-04
                      Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
                      Old 12-14-2004, 11:28 PM   #8  

Contract with Myself

Contract with Myself

I hereby pledge to:

Participate in a program of regular exercise for a period of 52 ENTIRE weeks.

Eat healthful foods in reasonable portions and/or stick with my low calorie/low fat HEALTHFUL plan.

Eat primarily to satisfy my nutritional needs rather than my emotional needs.

Change behaviors to ensure my success by planning meals, journalling, seeking assistance, or whatever I have to do other than past harmful behaviors.

My goal is to accomplish: A regular healthful eating plan that I can be used to and stick to, even though it gets tough at times and when I really want that chocolate cake, to take a small healthy slice that I can be proud of taking. My biggest goal is to lose 100 pounds in 2005. I CAN DO THIS. I WILL DO THIS.

Signature: ~Kerri~

Date: December 14, 2004
                      Old 12-28-2004, 07:44 PM   #9  
                      Hang In There

Bumping this up so we won't forget it's here. I'm still not ready to write down my committments, but I am thinking about them!!!
                      ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
                      Old 12-29-2004, 04:02 PM   #10  
                      Leanne

Smile

Really good idea Terri

Contract with Myself

I hereby pledge to:
                      * Exercise at least 4 times a week throughout the year (pool in summer and warmer months, gym or walking or other exercise in winter).
                      * Eat healthful foods in reasonable portions and aim for an average of 1800 calories per day, mostly low fat and low GI food.
                      * Eat primarily to satisfy my nutritional needs rather than my emotional needs.
                      * Change behaviors to ensure my success by planning meals, journalling, seeking assistance, or whatever I have to do other than past harmful behaviors.
                      * Renew this contract every day, every week, or every month as needed to keep me on track for my goal.

* Permanent change in my eating habits;
                      * A lifestyle that includes exercise as a matter of course;
                      * increased health and fitness for myself;
                      * losing 20 kgs over 2005 (44 lbs). My starting weight for 2005 is 340.6;
                      * feeling confident when walking up on that stage in April and receiving my degrees.

Signature:
                      Raina / Leanne

Date: December 30, 2004

Last edited by hippygoddess; 01-04-2005 at 12:34 AM.
                      hippygoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
                      Old 12-30-2004, 11:18 PM   #11  
                      Hang In There

Okay, I'm finally ready to make a committment,

Contract with Myself

I hereby pledge to:
                      Participate in a program of regular exercise for a period of 5 days a week.

Eat healthful foods in reasonable portions.

Eat primarily to satisfy my nutritional needs rather than my emotional needs.

Change behaviors to ensure my success by planning meals, journalling, seeking assistance, or whatever I have to do other than past harmful behaviors.

Renew this contract every week, or every month as needed to keep me on track for my goal.

My goal is to accomplish: 50 pounds in a year, that would be 1 pound a week or succeed on the 2x2 challanges every 2 weeks.

Signature:

Date:12/30/2004__________________
                      ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
                      Old 01-03-2005, 07:43 PM   #12  

Bumping up and reminding myself of my commitment.
                      Old 01-05-2005, 10:41 AM   #13  
                      Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Ruby posted this on another thread, and I liked the personalization of it a lot. I know making a contract with myself last year made a HUGE difference in my overall attitude and that translated into a respectable weight loss.

Wow! I just found this, it's a very old post from another forum. But if anyone has other ideas, please post -Ruby

You sign contracts every day for all sorts of things why not a weight loss contract with yourself?

Unsure where this actually came from and what challenge they are talking about!

Commitment Contract by Jonathan Bowden, M.A.

Most of us know why we want to become and stay fit, that it will make us look and feel better. The problem is remembering all that stuff when temptation calls. When we're stressed, tired, frustrated, angry, confused or despairing, those goals seem to fade into the background, and all that matters is feeling better, now. In those moments our resolve can completely break down.

To give yourself every advantage during those tricky "make or break" times, prepare a contract. The contract is between you and you. Do this exercise as soon as you've purchased your notebook so you can refer to it during the Challenge™. Here's how to do it:

Make a list (in your journal, of course) of the three things you most like about your body. (Hint: don't say
                      "nothing." That's not allowed. It can be anything from your skin, to your fingernails, to your smile, to the shape of a particular body part.)

Make a list of the three things you most dislike about your body.

Make a list of three things that you are denying yourself by not being fitter and having a body you can be happy
                      in.

Make a list of three things you could do right now that would make a difference today. (Hint: these things could be
                      as simple as refusing dessert just for tonight or cutting portions in half for just one meal.)

Then write the following (or print it out and staple it into your journal):

I ,_______, promise to commit to this program by being willing to look honestly at my behavior and feelings, no matter what comes up, and to record them in my journal.

I ,_______, promise that before I break any of the promises or assignments, I will sit down and re-read this contract.

I ,_______, promise not to let toxic influences -- including well-meaning friends -- interfere with my resolve to complete this program.

I ,_______, promise to remember the reasons I am doing this program in the first place, especially when I am tempted to stop doing it.

I ,_______, promise to recognize the inevitable negative thinking and doubts which will certainly come up for me during the Challenge and, while recognizing and honoring them as my feelings, will not empower them by allowing them to stop me. I will remember that "feelings are not facts."

I ,_______, promise to keep my commitment to myself and the group and will make my word law in the universe. I will not drop out without discussing this with at least one other person. I will not hide from what comes up for me and will find opportunity in everything that occurs, no matter how much I may feel like giving up.

Here is another good contract to make with yourself?

From The World’s Best-Kept Diet Secrets by Diane Irons

Create a Contract

Take time to write out a contract with yourself. These 10 “rules” are a good start for terms you can live up to. Add your own resolutions to this list if you’d like (or change those you know you won’t do). Take it out whenever you are tempted to break the terms of the contract.

1. I resolve to eat only when I am truly hungry.
                      2. I resolve to try a new fruit or vegetable.
                      3. I resolve to treat myself to a forbidden (or favorite) food once a week.
                      4. I resolve to limit consumption of diet soda and other chemicals.
                      5. I resolve to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water daily.
                      6. I resolve to exercise at least 3 times a week.
                      7. I resolve to replace a red meat meal with xxxx (tofu, poultry, fish).
                      8. I resolve to accept responsibility for my actions.
                      9. I resolve to think before I eat.
                      10. I resolve to take it one day at a time.

Name:
                      Current Weight:
                      Goal Weight (or size):
                      Reason for losing weight:
                      Signed:
                      Date:
                      qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
                      Old 01-14-2005, 07:59 AM   #14  

bumping up.
                      Old 01-16-2005, 09:44 PM   #15  

This is a great idea! I'm going to start with a short-term goal. Long-term scares me a little, then I get overwhelmed. Well, here goes...

Contract with Myself

I hereby pledge to:
                      • Participate in a program of regular exercise for a period of 4 weeks.
                      • Eat healthful foods in reasonable portions and/or stick with my eating plan.
                      • Eat primarily to satisfy my nutritional needs rather than my emotional needs.
                      • Change behaviors to ensure my success by planning meals, journalling, seeking assistance, or whatever I have to do other than past harmful behaviors.
                      • Renew this contract every day, every week, or every month as needed to keep me on track for my goal.

My short-term goal is to accomplish: To lose ten pounds in 4 weeks.
                      debkc is offline   Reply With Quote