Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2001, 01:58 AM   #1  

Talking

hi new to this site and to ww just joined last week any advise will be appreciated would like to meet new friends
Old 05-23-2001, 07:04 AM   #2  
Never Say Never

Good morning,

I'm new also to this and weight watchers. Last week was my first week and I lost 2.6 pounds. I am newly married and my husband cooks very well. We both have gained weight since we have been married. I was over weight when we married now he is. He is a wornderful man just likes to eat. I did find putting lemon juice in water helps me drink it better. I have plenty of points to eat it just the things I like to eat have lots of points. I hope you are doing well on ww. I would like to hear.

Saucy
Old 05-23-2001, 10:55 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! You'll find lots of support, ideas, motivation, and tidbits here

As a Lifetime member, my advice to you is to make sure you journal, drink your water (it really does help), and attend weekly meetings. I still attend weekly meetings as it's a source of motivation and support for me. The program is so do-able because you can eat the things you enjoy and stay within your point range.

Good luck!
Old 05-23-2001, 11:30 AM   #4  

Hi, I just started weight watchers last week. I weigh in tonight. I will be satisfied with a pound to pound and a half weight lose each week. I am sick of dieting and want a change that will last a life time. It is amazing to go to the store and count points. I feel like throwing so called "diet foods" across the store. Anything over 3 points isn't worth eating to me.

Have a god day.
Old 05-23-2001, 04:28 PM   #5  

Default thanking you for your support

thank you all very much for your warm welcome and advice please keep in touch so i can keep you in my thoughts of our weight loss together.
Old 05-28-2001, 01:57 PM   #6  

Be sure to check out the "Library" section on this Weight Watchers message board. They've compliled lots of great information that I have found to be very helpful.
Old 05-28-2001, 03:49 PM   #7  
Chick-a-dee

Welcome, fellow redhead!

Congratulations on starting WW and a new way of eating and thinking about food. Ditto to the other replys, use ALL of the tools WW provides and you will be successful. This is a friendly bunch, always helpful and supportive, so visit often!

Annie
290/205/150-ish
Old 05-29-2001, 10:44 AM   #8  

Hi. I too have just joined WW and am looking for tips, and friends to keep me on track. I was going to go out just now & get something to eat but got caught up in the threads instead. now I can wait for my next pointed meal, so thanks are due already.
Old 05-30-2001, 01:08 PM   #9  

Default To all the New Members

Welcome This is wonderful to get new members when summer is just beginning. Just remember the 3 W's of losing weight. Water, Write and Walk. Drink lots of water to flush out all the fat as it melts. Write down everything you put in your mouth. Every bite, lick and taste. And most important try to get some kind of exercise every day. If you've just joined W W they won't stress exercise right away but just start out and walk around the block and a few days later walk around the block twice.

Make a mini goal for yourself and when you reach that goal reward yourself. Rent a video, buy a new W W Cook Book, go to a movie, get a hair cut. etc etc.

After you get started try to plan a few days in advance what your menu will be. If that menu works for you, save it to repeat. Then plan for another few days. Just take things slowly and you won't be overwhelmed.

I read a thread where someone said the points system doesn't work for them. I remember the W W plan of the 70's and this new program is by far the best. If it seems confusing and it was to me at first, stay for another W W orientation, maybe even a third. Trust me it will fall into place and become easier.

Good luck to each of you and remember there are lots of people here that can answer your questions.
Closed Thread