Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 11:51 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Default starting again

Hi everyone,

I have been on 3FC since January of this year, but after a few months of yo-yo dieting on other plans, I am back to Weight Watchers with a commitment to really try. I've been OP for about a couple of weeks now, and I think I'm doing okay so far (a couple of slip-ups, but no fast food!)

Hopefully I will be getting to know you guys in the coming weeks and months!
Old 11-01-2007, 05:43 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Hello all! I have just joined WW online this past weekend and I also have come back to 3fc after a long absence. I was here for a long time while doing South Beach and I was able to lose about 30 lbs. I hit a plateau that has lasted about a year. During that time I yo-yo'd around the same weight and I started working out to help get off blood pressure meds. I have also been battling an overgrowth of candida in my body so finding a way of eating to eliminate that had really been a challenge.

I did some soul searching and I also did some studying on what I had done right and what I had done wrong. I knew I needed to make a change and to also make it a fun one in order to get back on the losing track. I picked the WW Flexplan and even though I am still learning a lot about it I am really liking it a lot! It is great to be in a program where I can use so much of the good I have learned and that also offers so much to it's members.

Sorry for babbling on :P! I look forward to getting to know you all.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:15 PM   #93  
WMB Black Team

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'2

Hi! I'm Brie, but people call me Briefasa. (Why? I don't know...)
Although I'm only 16, this is my second time doing WW.
I was in it when I was 11 with my mom since my school got out early, and the meeting was at her work. I was doing really really good, too, but I had to quit when my mom decided to quit. I don't know why she quit... She went from a size 12 to a size 4, and was a lifetime member.
Even though she quit, her loss then inspires me. I'm gonna go from a 14 to an 8, and eventually an 8 to a 4. (I move in baby steps.)
When I joined again this time, I was a little intimidated by how much it's changed over the past 5 years. The core plan confused me the most. Well, I've been on the core plan for the past month and I've lost 3 pounds! I also love the new snacks they have! I can't get through a week without the cheddar twists.
My doctor set my goal weight at 125, but I'll be happy at 140.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:34 PM   #94  
Chopper5

S/C/G: 258.8/255.5/145

Height: 5' 7"

Default Hello

Hi, I'm Kelly. I have battled with weight issues my entire life. I was already chunky in the 2nd grade! I did weight watcher's in the past with good results but left that path for some reason. I started weight watchers again today. I got an elliptical machine and will use that for exercise. I am getting married May 10th and want to look as good as possible in my dress. I want to continue weight loss afterwards to reach a goal weight of 145 lbs.
Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by Chopper5; 01-08-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:14 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 300/280/190

Hi, my name is Tina and I am new to the boards. I just posted down in Anyone doing it alone?... I am 35 years old, have 2 children and my son is disabled. I also proudly (NOT) have the medical record of a 70 year old. I am doing WW for now at home.

Babybear101
Old 01-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #96  

Default doing WW flex plan

greetings. my name is angela in nc. I have been on ww before and like the commercial says it works. But stress factors caused me to slack off. when i was on WW i was loosing 2 lbs per week, journaling, and walking my local walking trail every day of the week. well i have noticed my clothes are getting tighter and need to do something. I also have started dating someone new. Hes a personal trainer. hes so kind and supportive. accepts me as i am but i know in my heart i can do better. i have several reasons to lose weight.
1. for my overall health and improvement on self esteem.
2. to fit into my dream bikini i purchased last yr
3. to have the energy to play with his kids when he gets them
4. to look awesome when i go to meet his family in Boston Ma so he can be proud to show me off.

i did pick up a appl to join my local Y and got one for my grandmother too. she wants to do the water arobics while i do the gym. From what i hear, as a beginner you should only start out at 30 min a day for three times a week until you build a momentum up.

wish me luck this time that i stick with it and not use food to cope with stress bc i hate emotional eating.

angela in nc
Old 01-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 193/170/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!
I am 33 years married with an 11 month old. I have been on WW so many times it's not even funny. Want to lose 43 pounds this time 20 by spring break and 23 by June. Time to lose the baby weight before baby #2. Love those recipes.

Last edited by tmstorm2; 01-22-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:34 AM   #98  

S/C/G: S/C/G -- 198.8/182.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi My name is Kara. I am 33 years old. I am married to my wonderful DH, Yair. We married in Oct 04. We have 2 wonderful kiddios. Kylee just turned 12 and Aden will soon be 2. I just joined this wonderful site yesterday. I am teaming up with my DD Kylee and we are making a go at WW together. We both have atleast 70 lbs to loose each We are doing the program on our own so to speak. With my daughter being only 12, she isn't comfortable doing the weekly meetings and weigh ins. I did convince her to do it at home. I got into contact with a leader who has helped us get started. This is going to be a life changing thing for us. WE CAN AND WE WILL DO IT!!! I will have to admit, being in nursing school is where my DD started her upward ballon for her weight. I was a single mom at the time and didn't have the time to prepare decent meals and we ate what we could when we could with my hectic schedule. All this did was create a monster. I myself didn't have a weight problem until after I gave birth the first time. For some unknown reason, I am one of the very few people who gain weight breastfeeding. So, here we are....fighting the battle of the bulge. I hope to hear from everyone and everyone's words of encouragement are always a warm welcome. We just started this new way of life January 27, 2008.
Sorry to ramble on!
Kara

Kara's stats:
198.8 -start
196.6 -current
125- goal
5' 2" -Height

Kylee's stats:
208 -start
207 -current
140 -goal
5' 4 1/2" -Height
Old 01-29-2008, 07:36 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hi Everyone!

I just recommitted to WW this morning. Turned 40 earlier this month. I am married, have 4 children. Work as a nurse in a LTC facility - 12 hour shifts.
During my spare (HAHAHAHA) time, I enjoy playing on the computer, reading, and I have taught myself how to quilt, although I haven't been doing much of that lately.

I am looking forward to chatting with everybody! As long as my days off continue to be on Tuesdays, I will be weighing on those days. OH! I am a scale-a-holic, and usually weigh myself once a day, but won't change my ticker until my official WI. As you can see, I have also joined K-Mart's challenge.

New year, new decade in my life, and this weight WILL come off!!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:55 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 236/230.5/130

Height: 5'6"

Hello there! ^_^

My name is Lilly, i'm 16 years old from south-east England, and I rejoined Weight Watchers a week ago after taking a 2 and a half year break from dieting.

I'm very very shy, so its taking me ages to build up my post count enough to get a signature, but when I do, I shall make a pretty tracker and put it there

Weight watchers worked well for me last time, and over 6 months, I lost 3 stone - however unfortunately I developed depression and anxiety for other reasons, and gained that weight back (and a bit more!), partly due to my medication which both makes me hungry AND slows my metabolism (darnit! :P )

I haven't weighed in yet today... Will be my second weigh in since I started back last week. I've tried my best this week... we'll see how it works out!

I look forward to speaking with all of you!

Lilly X
Old 02-22-2008, 11:11 AM   #101  
JennyC

S/C/G: 164.5/160.5/125

Height: 5'4"

I also re-joined lately. I lost 30lbs in the past on ww, but gained 25 back after falling back into my old habits. I hope to lose at least the 25 again, but would like to lose 40 total.
I'm 27 and single, again. I'm losing weight and starting to exercise more to feel better, with looking better as a plus. I go up and down a lot of stairs in my building, and I'm tired of being winded when I get to the top.
My goal is more about how I feel than the number that I reach, so it could change. In the past, setting a goal weight worked against me, as I obsessed and weighed myself repeatedly each day. Not so healthy; I've refocused to concentrate on how I feel, and not what number to reach.
It's so great to have a community of people to share this with, and to be inspired by other people's stories!
Keep up the good work, everyone!
Old 02-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #102  
Post-It Junkie

S/C/G: Starting: 195 / Current 195

Height: 5'2

Default New to board but not to WW!

Six years ago I went on WW before my wedding and lost over 40 pounds.

Man how I wish I had stayed on program!!

6 years and two babies later and I gained all that back plus a lot more!

I joined WW again recently at 204 pounds, got down to my 10% goal and then had to take a break for a few months due to illness and injury. This week I have rejoined, having only gained a few pounds on my break. And I'm ready to go!!

Starting Weight 204
Today's Weight: 186.6
Goal: 130-135
Old 02-29-2008, 02:36 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 237/227.4/160

Height: 5'4"

Default new in Feb.

Hi, I joined in Feb. 2008 and am down a dress size! Hurrah! I am back to WW again for the umpteenth time and don't plan on quitting. I have gotten my thyroid problems straightened out and that helps me to keep from getting frustrated when I know I have been OP! I have 7 grown children and 13 various ages of grnadchildren and 5 greats. So many birthday cards! Anyway, these boards are just great inspiration for all of us losers! I like swimming, walking, reading, gardening and just sitting on the front porch in the summer. (Come on Spring)
Old 03-03-2008, 07:44 AM   #104  

Good morning. Looking forward to "meeting" everyone.

I'm going to my first (at least for this year) WW meeting this morning. I've realized I am unable to do this by myself and had good luck with WW in the past.

I'm a SAHM with a small business, two crazy kids and a hard working husband. And, unfortunately since I've been married (10 years ago) I've somehow managed to amass 100 extra pounds!! Yuck!

So, off it goes, slowly but by the end of this year I hope to be as close to goal as humanly possible.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:53 AM   #105  
I'm on my weigh....

S/C/G: 274/264/215

Height: 5' 11"

Hello Everyone...I'm Shayna and I joined WW 2 weeks ago. To date I have lost 5 lbs. and am ready to weigh in tomorrow. I have a goal right now of 200 lbs. I want to see how I feel when I get there and then re-evaluate.

This is my first time on WW, I am hoping to be very successful. I think I've finally got this points thing down! LOL
Closed Thread