Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 05:44 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 158/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Default New Member!!

Hello all!!

My name is Katarina and I'm a Weight Watchers newbie. So far I love it! I initially came to this website for recipe ideas, but when I started reading the various threads, I knew that this was the support system I need!

I first heard of WW through a coworker. She's had amazing success and encouraged me to give it a try. I've been on it for a good 2 weeks now, and I'm definitely enjoying the healthy lifestyle change.

I joined WW, not only to lose some extra weight, but also to start eating healthier and to learn portion control. I have to admit though, I have been saving (OK...hoarding) some extra points at the end of the day for my coffee and WW chocolate cake!! I'm slowly working on not hoarding my points and not giving into my every craving!!

So, it's a pleasure to meet you all and I wish everyone much success!!
Old 11-19-2008, 09:25 AM   #137  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone - I'm Laurie and I joined WW on November 1. I was on LA Weight Loss in 2007 and lost 35 pounds. They went bankrupt and closed their center in December and I tried it on my own. Let's just say that didn't work so well. I've regained 10 pounds back in the last 10 months and I decided that I'd better get some accountability back in my life. So here I am, giving it my all, trying to get to the point where I feel better.

After much thought I've come to the conclusion that I just plain like food and I like to cook it and eat it just as much. Doesn't matter what it is - if it's something I like then I'm all about eating it and as much as possible. Bad, bad thing. I have problems with portion control and have been working hard at getting that in check.

I'm 52 yo, single, 2 kids, 5 grandkids. I work full time (at least for 6 more years and then retirement!!!) and take care of my dad in my spare time. I live with DBF and that also keeps me busy. I also have been lurking over at the DWLZ message boards so I will probably check in with both boards to keep me on track. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and give the support needed to get us all through this journey.

Sorry the post is so long. Talk to you all later. Have a good morning and be good to yourselves.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:16 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 179/179

Height: 5'3

Hi, I'm Linda, 58 yrs old, I am a life time member. I met my goal, then lost it! I am trying very hard to get going again! I have 30-35 lbs to do this!
I live in Oregon, married to a great guy, we have 6 adult children, between the two of us. 3 grandsons (8, 6 and 3 yrs old)
We are snowbirds and go to southern CA for the winter We ride ATV's
I enjoy gardening, traveling, genealogy, gold mining.
I need all the encouragement I can get!
Old 01-23-2009, 08:42 AM   #139  

Height: 5'6

Default Me and WW

Hi I am Rebecca! I am 23 years old, married to the worlds best hubby! I have no childeren (Other then my bunny Lillith and my bird Cloud)! Both my hubby and I are on WW together. He has 44 points and whieghs in at 304 I have 37 points and am 309. The couples that loves together eats together lol. My friend got us into this and I cant wait to see the pounds shed! I am also doing this with her cuz in October she is getting marred!!! She whieghs in at 415 lps. So she and I started this and the hubby joined in one to lose his extra whieght and to give his sapport. and I am matrin of honor!!! So now the bride and I have some detemanation! lol But I am soooo ready to see myself healthy!! My weakness CHOCLATE! But I will over come!! Wish me luck!
Rebecca
Old 01-25-2009, 02:56 PM   #140  

Hi, my name is Betsy and I rejoined Weight Watchers last Tuesday for the gazillionth time. I have a different attitude this time I must say. Food, for too long has been the center of my life. My walk in faith has led me to realize that this in NO way should be the center of my life!! I have had a good week so far- I just hope that I can stick with it for the first time ever. I hope and pray the same for each and every one of you!!!
Old 01-25-2009, 04:44 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 250/240/146

Height: 5ft7

Been lurking round so thought I'd post.....

my name is Katy.
I have joined WW for the first time I was in a UK version calle dUnislim when I was but lass.

weakness....bread, saying I am glutten free it is bad for me on all counts.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:47 AM   #142  
chocolate lover

Hi! I'm Vera and I have just signed up for the WW Online Trial. My current goal is to lose 5% of my weight (though I sure need to lose more than that).

My current points is at 27. I'd like to start on Sunday so I will be spending the next day and a half planning how to do it. I'm excited!
Old 03-08-2009, 10:06 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 225.6/225.6/155

Height: 5'6

Hi Y'all,

I'm April, 34 from Texas. I'm married to a wonderful guy, and have a daughter who is 14 and a son who just turned 4.
I have been on and off WW for the last 8 years. I started back this Saturday. My hubby recently lost about 30 lbs on Phentermine, and now weighs less than I do. UMMmmm NO! So I'm determined to lose my 70lbs for good.

Love and Best Wishes to all!
Old 03-08-2009, 10:14 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 287/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi. My sister and I joined WW together a few weeks ago. So far, I have not been very good about staying OP, but still manage a steady 2-lb loss each week. I'm pretty sure it's because I've recently been diagnosed with insulin resistance and PCOS. My doctor put me on Metformin, and it's been helping me lose weight. My motivation for losing the weight is that I want to try to get pregnant next year, and try to have the healthiest pregnancy I can. So I try to keep that in mind when I want to eat bad stuff. So glad to find this board!
Old 03-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 150 / ticker / 120

Height: 5' 1"

Hello all! I've been a lurker for a LOONG time on these forums, I don't have the ability to be on the internet much during the day - and at night it's family time (and workout time), so I'm more of a reader vs. poster.

I've tried South Beach, WW, 6 Week Body Makeover, WW again, South Beach again.... and now I'm back to WW. I lost over 20lbs on my last stint with WW (combined with modified SouthBeach)... then life took over, I moved, new job, etc. etc. So 12lbs up and here I am again.

Hopefully this time I can regain my lost ground and continue towards my goal!
Old 03-15-2009, 05:02 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 260/258/160

Height: 5'9

Hello,

My name is Tanya and I am a single 28 year old teacher living in a small town in Ontario, Canada. I have been on the WW program before and it did WORK the only problem was that I stopped working at it. I know that this time will be different. I am hoping to find some advice and support here. I love living life but there have been so many times that I have said no to trying new things because of my weight-I never want that to happen again. Also, I am MOH in my friends wedding and have 6 months to look HOT!

Tanya
Old 03-20-2009, 03:14 PM   #147  

hi! I just started weight watchers today, I was dieting 2 years ago from april to august and lost 30 lbs, I was doing it with a friend and we were reporting what we eat everday to eachother and holding eachother accountible and it worked wonders..but then she decided it wasnt working for her, and I couldnt do it on my own, plus I went through a lot of stress and havent hit my biggest weight again, but have stopped losing and am awfully close..I joined weight watchers because Im actually rather good at keeping track of what I eat..its that support group that Im lacking, and while online support is awesome, I need that in person support as well..so I think weight watchers is perfect for me, I know people who have lost mass amounts of weight with it, so here I go..Im 26, single and I live in Oregon...and have my whole life.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:18 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!!

It has been a long time since I last logged in here are 3fatchicks. I need to get back to weight watchers, going it alone has gotten me no where. I'm planning to join tomorrow and go from there. I look forward to getting back on the wagon again and not falling off this time. I would like to lose a grand total of 50 lbs but will settle for 40. I'm 27 and married with 2 little ones.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:31 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 178.5/178.5/155

Height: 5'6''

Hi,
I'm Sandra. I'm new to weight watchers, decided that since I weigh 7lbs less than when I was 9 months prego with my first child (she is six years old now) that it was time to do something!!! I am 46 years old. I've been on diets before but mostly fad type, and I regained the weight quickly so I'm looking forward to the weight watchers program. I weigh 178lbs now, my first goal is to lose 20 but I would really like to lose about 25 lbs.

Last edited by materialgirl21; 04-17-2009 at 06:33 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:41 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 180.6/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello!

This is about my 5th time re-starting weight watchers. I got frustrated the last time cause it wasn't coming off quick enough, so I tried South beach, didn't like the way it made me feel, so here i am back to the beginning!

I live in Florida with my boyfriend and gained all my weight when I went to college. Heard of the Freshman 15? I gained the Freshman 50!! I did WW my junior year and lost about 30 lbs, but have slowly gained them back then some since graduating. Being in a happy, loving relationship has made it easy to let myself go, but I'm miserable in the body I am in! I'm a closet eater and sneak food and try to hide how much I eat. I'm journaling now and holding myself accountable!

Good luck to you all - I know the program works - if you stick to it!
Closed Thread