Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 10:35 AM   #31  

Height: 6'0"

Susan, good for you picking another half-marathon; I couldn't even do a 5K (running--I could walk it easily). DH's next marathon adventure is in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Sorry to hear you're having so much rain. Will that make it cooler there?

Yes, I do a full color.

What is the volunteer work that you are doing? Do you assist the new mother in some way? It sounds interesting.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:45 AM   #32  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Real quick as they have scheduled a conference call for me in 15 mins and I have a seminar to give in 1.15 hours. Yikes.

Susan -- I'm in San Diego all next week and then home for two and then gone for 10 in France. Whoo hoo. My goal -- to be down the 2.8 I have from a month ago and another 3 on top of that! How am I going to do this? I have not a clue, but its gotta happen. I think the 1/2 marathon is a great idea.

Lisa -- break a leg . Have a great tomorrow, hope you get some rest in your weekend too!

Pam -- My first gyn retired at the ripe age of 50. I wept. Now I see a really good nurse practioner from the guy who did my myomectomy. I like her, she takes her time and I have good visits with her.

Melissa -- hope you are well.

I am soo tired. The cat serenaded us all night long, she needs singing lessons.

lala
Old 08-05-2004, 02:40 PM   #33  

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! It's a cool 68 here today but the sun is shining. I did manage to get out for a 15 minute walk over the lunch hour today. DH and I went out for lunch and afterwards I had a little time so I took advantage of it. He leaves tomorrow morning for Ireland.

Susan: I admire you and your running...I'm terrible when it comes to commiting to an exercise regimen. I fit it in when I can. The program you're doing sounds a lot like our "Ophelia Project" where mothers help new mothers with parenting, etc. My night time eating tends to get out of hand like yours because I tend to under-eat or not get enough protein in throughout the day and then my resolve tends to disappear.

Pam: Yep, that's all it takes for me too, to see a number I don't want to, to have me spring into action.

Lisa: Good for you for having another OP day! At least you know that the medication is causing retention--it's when you can't figure out what's going on that can be frustrating. Hang in there--the scale will reflect your hard work Break a leg with your shows!

Lala: I'm hanging in there--I've had a bit of a upset stomach the past couple of days (didn't hinder my night time snacking though!) that is giving me a bit of grief. I have a nurse practitioner as well and takes the time with me--I figure as long as I'm not having any major problems there's no reason to take up the doctor's time.

Have a great evening all!
Old 08-05-2004, 04:07 PM   #34  

Height: 6'0"

Just a quick note. They had a cake for a coworker today--chocolate with chocolate icing (my fave!) I didn't have even a small piece. It was so hard, but I really want to lose these pesky three pounds.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:09 PM   #35  
si, si signora

congrats on the will power Lisa!

Susan, I think the newborn thing is very nice also, especially since you get to return the child to its rightful owners.

okay, one meeting/talk over, must go help developer ...

lala
Old 08-06-2004, 08:18 AM   #36  

Lisa: It's called Extra Support for Parents. Basically, I provide an extra set of hands for parents who need extra support. There are various ways for them to qualify -- multiple births, families with other young children, birth complications, single mom, etc. My first match was with a mom who had given birth to twins and had a very active 3-yr-old. I still see them; they've become like part of my family. I can't continue to do that, of course, but I guess it's common with the first match. As lala pointed out, I get to enjoy the baby for three hours a week and then hand them back.

Melissa: And I admire you for the control you exercise over the scale. I'm hoping that the training this time around for the half will have the normal results - weight loss and not gain like the one I did earlier this year

The dinner party went well. I used all Cooking Light recipes and was really pleased with them. I did that thing they say not to -- try out a new recipe on guests -- but there were rave reviews on the website for the chive green beans so I decided to take a chance. Marvelous! The Indian spiced salmon was a hit too. Lots of wine - a little fuzzy today but I'll be better once I have my coffee.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:52 AM   #37  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Susan, your menu sounds good as well as your volunteer job.

Raining here today. Happy for my garden, dog is not pleased.

Taking tons of stuff to California this afternoon, including my photo printer, so I can print photos from my trip to Iran for my aunt and a half of salmon. I have two huge suitcases I'm trying to schlep back to my mom. I hope my little rollaboard can handle the stuff I bring back....

Melissa -- Hope you get DH off safely.

Everyone else, hello and come on by this weekend, the peaches are ripe and they need picking!

lala
Old 08-06-2004, 01:16 PM   #38  

Height: 5'7"

Good afternoon!

Susan: You'll be fine! Keep up the good work with watching and try not to get on the scale too frequently. I find it does more harm than good for me. I love Cooking Light and have made several of their recipes. They're all tasty.

Lala: It's sprinkling here too...it's a cool 66 but tomorrow is looking up--sunny and mid 70's...my kind of summer weather. DH is sitting in the Pittsburgh airport as I write this; he has a 4 hour layover there before he gets to Philly and then from there he's off to Dublin. They've got a nice trip planned (Dublin, Galway, Limerick) so he'll see some new areas. He's also getting a tour of the Jameson Distillery. I told him he better bring back some Irish whiskey--last time he said he wasn't sure. Anyway, I'll have things to keep me busy while he's gone.

Lisa: Good for you for using extra resolve and passing on the cake!!! I find it easier to do things like that when I have a goal in mind and can see it.

Hi to Pam!

It's really quiet here in the office today--Monday the boss will be back and I'm sure things will pick up a little. I'm pretty much caught up for the most part. We need to run surveys through the scanner and then update the reports. Have a great weekend!
Closed Thread