Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 07:04 AM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - August 16/04

Good morning everyone. How was your weekend?

I weighed in on Saturday and, wonder of wonders, was down 3 lbs - exactly my goal for the week! I fell off the wagon yesterday. DH's parents were visiting and we had all kinds of sweets in the house. The pecan cashew cookies were calling my name and they eventually won. I am counting them; no more flex points to use until the start of next week!

My goal for this week is 2 lbs. That may be a bit optimistic, but better to aim high. I can't weigh in until Tuesday of next week so the extra few days may help. I plan to go to visit my folks in New Brunswick on Friday if my week goes according to plan.

Tough, tough run on Saturday morning. We did 14 km and every one of them was a struggle. I am really proud of having finished; one of the other runners was only doing 10 km and I could have easily followed her lead but I toughed it out. The last kilometre was actually the only easy one; I think it was that "horse returning to the barn" syndrome.

What's new with you?
Old 08-16-2004, 08:11 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Congratulations Susan!!! Woohoo! You have to feel great about the fantastic WI on Saturday Don't beat yourself up over those cashew cookies--move forward and you'll be fine. I had a bit of problem last evening as well--going from one thing to another. I did well Friday/Saturday night without any major slipups.

Well, DH made it home safe and sound on Saturday evening. The airline had upgraded him to first class for the trip across the pond and he said it was great. It's good to have him home again. He spoiled me with a beautiful blue heather sweater, a green sweater (with crocheted trim), and a claddagh ring He's such a sweetie!

Anyway, it's cool here this morning (57F) but I think it's supposed to warm up a bit. I'm planning on heading out for a walk at noon. Nothing much else going on here.

Lala, Lisa, Pam Hi! Hope you had a great weekend!
Old 08-16-2004, 10:55 AM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

Hi there. Well, my immediate area dodged a bullet (Hurricane Charlie), but I know that many parts of our state were hit pretty hard. It's so sad.

I was doing fairly well this weekend food-wise till some friends invited us out for Mexican. I ate too much and I feel like a big fat burrito! Well, as Melissa said, move on. I'm doing better today.

Susan, congrats, congrats. That is super. Stick to it now!!

Melissa, your DH is a sweetie. The sweaters sound pretty.

Hello, Pam and lala.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:08 AM   #4  

Lisa: So relieved to hear that your area was spared. I spent much of the weekend watching CNN. Feel so badly about the loss of life and the thousands whose lives have changed irrevocably.

Melissa: yep, your DH sounds like a keeper!

Pam, lala:
Old 08-16-2004, 12:16 PM   #5  
si, si signora

hi everyone,

Cloudy here, but it should hit 80 and stay at 80 all week. Where is my seattle summer -- rain, clouds, wind?

Susan-- that is fantastic on your loss. As I posted in the end of last week's thread, I was up another 1.6#,so I'm fast tracking for the next three weeks. I could just get down to where I was before I started travelling, I would be set.

Melissa -- whoo hooo for getting DH back safely and pampered. Now he'll expect first class travel. Your gifts sound marvellous.

Lisa-- I don't watch TV and cancelled the paper for a while, so the devestation I saw this am at the gym looked terrible. Are your parents alright?

Hola Pam.

Off to process my travel voucher, look for hotel in Quimper and St. Malo and
to babysit my friends two small children while he deals with the lawyer. Did I tell you how much I am not comfortable around small children?? I hope he changed the little one's diaper before I get there.

Old 08-16-2004, 12:59 PM   #6  

Hi Ladies,

Cold and rainy here, but it looks like things will brighten up tomorrow. The weekend was nice, but we were so busy it just flew by. Anyway, back to work with plenty to do here to keep me busy. I forgot to tell you on Friday morning I had a pleasant surprise at my weigh in..I was down 1 3/4 lbs!!!! I hope I can keep it going. I tried hard this weekend to make good choices but on Saturday I did endulge in 4 chocolate covered strawberries that were absolutely the best!! Anyway..back to clean living today.

Melissa glad your DH is back safe and sound. Very nice gifts, the sweaters sound very nice!! I think the temps here are only in the mid 50's also. No walking for me today..nonstop rain.

Susan pat yourself on the back girl you did great. A three pound loss and a successful 14km run..you rock!!! As far as the cookies go, who could possibly resist pecan cashews????

Lisa I'm so glad you're safe. Charley was brutal I could not believe the pictures I saw on the news. I heard it was the worst hurricane Florida experienced since 1992.

Lala Glad you had a safe trip home. I laughed reading your post. Yup, I'm glad the changing diapers days are behind me.

Ok..time to get back to work but first I must go microwave my wonderful lunch which is a Lean Cuisine entree...back to clean living..........
Old 08-16-2004, 02:21 PM   #7  

Pam, woo-hoo on your weight loss. I wish I could get on this weight loss bandwagon.

lala, I'm with you. I'm not very comfortable around baby types. I've changed plenty of diapers, but never had kids of my own. That's why I have birds--you can just put them in their cages!! (just kidding)
Old 08-16-2004, 05:28 PM   #8  
si, si signora

Lisa -- survived the small ones. Its always good to check your mothering instincts and realize that no way in heck you will ever be one.

Our building smells like lighter fluid, I wonder if that is a remnant of roofing...

Sort of still on track today. Had a gorp breakdown with the kids, but had a nice healthy hunk of ratatouille and rice for lunch.

Tonight --- left over chicken, stir fried greens and another delicious local peach.

lala
Old 08-17-2004, 07:57 AM   #9  

Hi all. Just three days left til vacation.... Yippeee!

Pam: Way to go on the loss. We're getting your weekend weather here today. Gusty winds and lots of rain.

lala: I must say that changing diapers isn't the best thing about babies. When we looked after our grandniece and nephew last week, I had more than my fill of that. Don't know what they feed that kid...

Melissa: I suppose things are gearing up for you. When do the students return?

Lisa: Don't know about that bird cage thing - sounds equally as disgusting

Had a great run last night - about 5 km. It was extremely humid but overcast so at least I didn't have to contend with direct sunlight. OK on the eating front yesterday but I need to get more organized with meal planning.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:28 AM   #10  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Cool morning here (60) and we're supposed to hit in the low 80's today--the rest of the week is calling for rain so I'm going to take advantage of the weather at noon and get out for a walk before I eat my lunch. May even wander over to the farmer's market and get some fresh green beans to go with dinner.

Pam Congrats on your loss!! Woohoo! I love surprises like that! 4 strawberries isn't all that bad and now you're back on track and that's all that matters.

Lisa: I couldn't help but laugh out loud about the birds in cages. There are days when I would've loved to have locked the kids up because they were driving me over the edge (never did though).

Lala: Glad you survived the little ones. We're having stuffed cabbage rolls for dinner--tossed them in the crockpot this morning before I left for work so they'll be ready when I get home.

Susan: I do much better when I know what I'm eating--planning is big for me because it's too easy to loosen up and eat whatever if I don't have a clue what to make/eat for dinner. The students move in on Sunday; some of the athletes are already back and the upperclassmen will be arriving later this week. The campus will be busy next week with students. Classes don't start until Wednesday (25th).
Old 08-17-2004, 09:06 AM   #11  

Sunny this morning--nice to see after all that rain. I had a good OP day yesterday and I need to keep it up. I have my "annual exam" today--not a favorite thing!

lala, glad you survived the ankle-biters. Mmmm, a fresh peach.

Susan, I'm so envious of your vacation. I hope the weather's good for you.

Melissa, yep, sounds like you'll be busy at work really soon. Hard to believe that summer's almost over.

Hi, Pam.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:16 AM   #12  

Forgot to mention an interesting discovery I made on the weekend. I was browsing through my WW attendance book and realized that I didn't gain the weight over a few months as I thought. I was a solid 5 lbs over goal at December's weigh-in. I've been going around blaming it all on the training and I had gained most of it before training even started.

Funny how you can overlook these things and re-write history to your liking.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:31 PM   #13  

Susan, I remember you saying that you had gained weight during training. We all tend to put unpleasantness out of our minds.

I wanted to ask you--remember when you were having abnormal periods? What did the doctor do for you? I've been having spotting all month (very annoying). My doctor wants to run some tests and maybe do a D&C. (Oh joy)
Old 08-17-2004, 01:20 PM   #14  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Interesting find Susan. You are on the right track and that is what matters.

Domina -- sorry you are having the same problems. I hope your doc can figure out what is going on without the D&C.

Melissa -- whaaaa. School can't be starting already. DP starts with field camp the second full week in September and becomes a hermit until the first week in December. Hope you enjoyed your walk.

Pam -- congrats on the loss. I love chocolate covered strawberries too. I sometimes peel off some of the chocolate to make it less "ev-eeel".

So, anyone excited about the new program? I think I'll reserve judgement.

Off to focus on work.

lala
Old 08-17-2004, 03:49 PM   #15  

A quick check-in from home as I will be out of the office all day tomorrow doing interviews.

Lisa: My doctor chalks it up to perimenopause. She gave me birth control pills to try to put me back on some kind of cycle. It doesn't appear to have done much good; I'm as irregular as ever. I don't have much hope for any miracle cures (except the onset of true menopause, that is).

lala: I didn't stay for the meeting on Saturday, so wasn't aware that the program had changed. Will have to check it out next week. Melissa - any big changes??

Susan
Closed Thread