Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 07:09 AM   #16  

Hi girlies, I love cats and kittens too. I have always had a cat since I was a small child, and although I am still small and less of a child ( most of the time!) I couldn't bear to be without a kittie. The last time I had a kitten, she drove us mad! Climbing up the wall paper, and not paying much attention to her litter box wasn't too good either!
Back to the other serious business of the day, WI. 6 hours to go and counting. I'm not too optimistic today, yesterday I felt fine. Despite what my own scales say, you can never quite tell until you get there, and get the deed done! We'll see.
Dale, I can't believe all those birthdays and anniversary's at the same time! An expensive time of year! We are slightly better, but only just. From September we have AJ's on 7th, my stepdaughter's on 9th (the one whos making me a premature granny!) My youngest stepdaughter on October 2nd and our anniversary on 10th (12 years this year.) Then november is my hubbys and just about every other relative I can think of. So a few to look forward to. I've just organised AJ's birthday party, which he should love. His best friends birthday is the day before his, and her party is booked one hour into AJ's, so we've some juggling to do. I just hope I can avoid too much birthday cake, as I do love it, and I could do without it at the mo.
Melanie, it would be lovely if your mums offer still stands. To get just a couple of new outfits in a new slimline size would do wonders for your confidence, and I'm sure she would love to see that. It's worth a few £, sorry, $, to get that. You are totally right about this thread being addictive. I find it hard to keep away. I'm sure my hubby thinks I'm mad, but there are some things that they just don't understand, and to get great support from you guys means the world. He is great at supporting me actually, he really doesn't care what I look like, but it is important to him that I feel happy in myself, so he encourages me to do what I have to do. He is also sticking to the plan, and has lost about 15 or so pounds since jan, and I think because he understands my eating programme, he knows I sometimes have to turn my nose up at yummy munchies, which he can get away with. He didn't have much to lose in the first place, and is now well within his BMI, but he usually still journals his daily menus!
I am just sitting here now, its noon, and wondering whether to have a very light lunch, or have nothing, or pig out. I really mustn't pig, WI would be a disaster. I'll drink water. If I have nothing, I will starve, so I think a little light snack would be in order to keep me going. It's my day off today, so I just think about the fridge alot. When I'm at work, I take salad, or melba toasts or something to keep me away from the deli down the road. But at home, I have easy access to all things nice, and I think it's gonna be a tough day. However, the sun is finally out, I may go and sit on my new deck and take in some rays, then a little walk to finish off the day.
Back later with WI result. Watch this space....
Old 07-28-2004, 09:39 AM   #17  

I'm anxious about my WI tonight too. I'm always a glutton, tough. If I lose .5, I feel like it should be more! I'm definately not eating dinner before I go this week. I might have a light snack or more for lunch, but dinner will definately wait.

I also keep some healthier snacks in my desk at work. Yesterday I was offered ice cream, but I grabbed my Thin Crisps and said no. Wednesday is breakfast day though. The lady who does the morning errands offers her break time to stop by fast food for us. I usually get an Egg McMuffin (7 pts) and lately have started removing the yolk before I eat to knock out 2 points.

As for cake!! I married into a large family. DH has 3 sisters and each of them have kids. I gained 8 nieces & nephews. Besides birthday celebrations, my FIL makes incredible pies. WW doesn't stand a chance come holiday time!

I was quite proud of myself last night. I pulled out one of my old exercise tapes while DH was out. I did pretty well, but didn't complete about 10 minutes of the 50 minute workout. DH came home, I paused the tape and sent him upstairs. No way do I want him hanging out watching me bounce right now. But it was a good work out. Richard Simmons can be quite annoying, but his tapes are good (especially the older ones). Some tapes I have tried seem to think the buyers are already physically fit. There is no way I could keep up!

Well, back to work for me! I'll check back later!
Old 07-28-2004, 10:51 AM   #18  

Hi all!
I'm doing fairly well since yesterday, and have managed to stay within my points. I'll weigh myself again next Wednesday, the last weigh-in before my holidays, I really hope I will have lost another 2 lbs. by then. I wish my holidays won't turn out a complete point-disaster. I hope you all have a great weigh-in.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:33 PM   #19  

Hi, WI is over and last, and I am very pleased to say that I have lost 1.5 this week. It kind of makes up for last weeks small gain, and I have reached my little mini goal of over 35 pounds off. I am well chuffed!!! In fact, going to celebrate with a small take out, nothing too extravagant, but good enough for me!
It was a good meeting tonight actually, emphasising portion sizes, and how it's so easy to be mislead by what we think is a 'medium' portion. I never try to guess, and alway use the WW scales to weigh everything. I was surprised by something as simple as a banana though, it's something I wouldn't have thought of weighing, and we guessed it as being 1 point, it was only a small one, but it turned out to be 2.5. Small mistakes like that over the length of a week could soon turn out to be very costly indeed pointwise. I will be more careful in future.
I wish the rest of you the best of luck with your WI's, and I'm sure we will all have a terrific weight loss between us this week.
See ya later.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:14 PM   #20  

HI, oh dear, no posts since mine last night, I hope this doesn't mean some bad WI's. I'm sure not. Everyone is doing so well.
Not alot to report from me today actually, had a good day generally, don't know what we are going to have for dinner yet, maybe a WW meal for ease. We'll see later when AJ's in bed.

Ok I'll go for now, just thought I'd check in on you all. Hope you are ok.

See ya later
Old 07-29-2004, 01:38 PM   #21  

Hi guys!

Its great to read through all your posts! Interesting as well as inspiring!

Dawny, congrats for getting to that target, you must be so pleased with yourself, and rightly so! And we have some sun today too

Hi Dale, nice to meet you... glad that you have been inspired by this thread too. Good luck with finally throwing off that "yo-yo diet" for good

Congrats Natalie for doing so well, despite your horrible week. I will keep my fingers crossed that you have had a good result!

Melanie, well done for sticking to the work out, even with DH at home! Keep it up!

I had my first weigh in since starting, and lost 2 pounds Its a good result seeing as I am in the middle of my time of the month, maybe if I hadn't it would have been more, but 2 pounds is a nice start.

This weekend is going to be a test. My neice is getting married, with a huge wedding, so lots of food. But hopefully I am motivated enough to not eat too much, and I'll get up in the evening and dance myself silly!

Speak later!
Old 07-29-2004, 02:42 PM   #22  

Natalie: Good to hear from you. I’m glad you are staying strong, even though I know it probably isn’t the first thing on your mind these days. That shows some real determination!

Dawny: Didn’t mean to scare you! My computer at home doesn’t seem to want me to post, and I have been swamped at work today! Great job on your WI!!! Congrats on making your mini-goal. That is awesome!! Have you set another mini- yet? You are doing so well!

Thanks for the meeting info. It is a good reminder to get back to the basics. I had to start measuring my rice because it is the hardest thing for me to tell by sight. A half cup of rice looks a lot like a cup of rice on a dinner plate. I’ve also started weighing my chicken breasts instead of telling by sight. Tonight DH is not home, so I am planning a chicken sandwich and 0 point soup. I have learned that I can cook a frozen chicken breast on my contact grill in just 13 minutes, so it has become a new weekly special.

Fiona: Great to hear from you. You have been on my mind today. That was a wonderful first WI! I know that it sometimes doesn’t seem like much when you think of how far we have to go, but I look at a 1# pack of hamburger meat and think, I lost that much!?! And when I lost 5 pounds, it was like putting down a bag of sugar or flour that I had been carrying around! You are doing a great thing for yourself.

Well, my WI was a success too! We were all losers yesterday! Because last week I ate shortly before going to WI, I figured I had lost more than what the scale said, so it is hard to really tell an accurate number this week. But, it was approximately 1#. That doesn’t sound big enough for me, so I say it is a total of 17.9# gone. There, now I feel better. That leaves about 5# to reach my goal of 23 (10%) by the end of this class session in 2 weeks. I know it might not happen, but I am going to try.

Hope everyone has a great evening. I have to get back to work now! The madness continues!! One of my bosses is at the hospital right now with his wife having their 3rd child. We are all on pins and needles waiting to hear some news! It is a frantic day, but the air is filled with fun!
Old 07-30-2004, 01:19 PM   #23  

Hi all, good news everyone on the WI's. I knew really that we would all come through and have a good week.
Fiona, hi, great first week, 2 pounds is wonderful news, and you're right about the fact that it would almost definately have been more had it not been that time of month. To lose any weight at that time is a bonus, 2 pounds is unheard of! Great to see a bit of sun isn't it. I've been out on my new decking the past couple of evenings after work, and I feel as if I have been 'ground forced', but it's lovely and relaxing, just got to remember not to take too many glasses of red wine out there with me.
Melanie, hi, you had a great WI too. We knew that last weeks gain was false didn't we? You proved the fact that we really shouldn't eat much just before a WI, as it just sits there in our tummy weighing far heavier than it probably really should, and destroying that scale readout. Any news on that baby yet? Exciting time isn't it.
We heard the other day that our 'grand daughter to be' could well come up to 4 weeks earlier than expected, in October, I say, she'll come when she's ready anyway!
Natalie, how are you doing? Sorry I hadn't spotted your post yesterday, your loss is fantastic, especially under the circumstances. Keep it up.
Ok, got to go now, its AJ's bathtime as usual, but I'll be back soon. See ya.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:06 PM   #24  

Hello, all! Geez, am I ready for the weekend! But, I still have 2 more hours at work.

This has been a crazy day. My boss did have his new baby boy last night. That's 3 of the little stinkers. I tried to tell him they needed a girl, but I guess they just wouldn't listen. So far, I've been calling it "No Name." I hope they decide on something before he comes home! It is exciting to be around a new birth. I hope things are going well for your step-daughter's pregnancy. DH and I want kids, but have decided to wait for a while. I want to stay home with our kids if at all possible and it is not possible right now. Of course, I will probably get preggers on the day I hit my goal weight!

Today has been a strange eating day. I didn't have time for breakfast and the vending machine was out of order, so I slipped over to a retirement party for someone I know and had just a few bites of cake (no icing) and some punch. I was STARVING! Then, I met DH for lunch at Subway because our landlord is supposed to be working on the bathroom today and we try to avoid him whenever possible! Normally, I go home on my lunch break (live about 5 minutes from office) and have some left overs or something. I have done pretty well, but used more points than usual at this time of day. Don't know what is for dinner yet. DH is working again, so I get whatever I want. Well, you know. Whatever is in point range!

I don't really have any weekend plans other than clean my home. Ick! I'll be back on line tomorrow, unless the dust bunnies get me!

Have a great day/night (depending on your side of the globe!)
Old 07-31-2004, 04:47 AM   #25  

HI, just thought I'd check in, its 9.30am at the mo, and before I too start on the bathroom, I decided I'd see what you were all up to. Melanie, my step daughter is fine, a little bit tired. She graduated recently and took on a temporary job because of being pregnant, but they are putting on her alot, calling her in at all hours and I don't think she's keen! I didn't realise recruitment agencies were on call! It seems very strange seeing her with a bump, when I first met her she was a little 9 year old girl. It's even stranger for her dad. She has done alot of singing since she was 16, in clubs etc, and has made a reasonable living out of it, but she's given it up for the time being because of the late nights, smoke etc, she thinks she may go back to it after the baby is born - late nights and young babies don't mix though, she'll soon learn! You can guarantee though Melanie, that for you, as soon as you are looking terrific at goal, the baby boom will strike! It's more or less what happened to me once before. I had dieted for ages, lost about 49 pounds, looked pretty good, I thought, and then we decided to have a baby. I put on so much weight. I developed diabetes whilst pregnant because of it, and now I am forever at a very high risk of getting 'proper' Diabetes. I never intend going through that if I can help it, so my hubby got 'sorted', no more babies for us. I don't mind. Quite happy with the one, he's enough to keep anyone occupied.
I think we're just gonna have a quiet weekend too, cleaning, gardening, and enjoying our summer now it seems to finally have begun, who knows how long for though.
Oh, my brekkie, I had to have full fat milk on my cornflakes this morning, my skimmed had gone horrible. Aj's milk was the only stuff to have survived the night, and lovely as it was (can't remember the last time I had some of it), I can't help but feel a bit guilty for having it. Anyway, worse things could have happened. I must remember to add to my points for it.
Ok, I'll go for now. Have a lovely weekend everyone, I'll probably be back later.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:24 AM   #26  

Hi everyone! I'm back!!!!!
It's going to be hard getting off "vacation mode" and getting back on program, but I shall do it!
I did some form of exercise every day and I think that helped me. I gingerly got on the scale this morning and I don't think I went up at all.... but am not really sure of all that!
I will catch up, later on, and read all your posts and was so glad to see you all still here and still posting!
Talk with you guys a but later on when I unpack, catch my breath, etc.!
Linda
Old 08-01-2004, 09:32 AM   #27  

HI, Just thought I'd take a quick peek to see who's been around. Linda, great to see you've had a fab time. It won't take long to get back on track if you are determined to do it. Hope all the family are ok. speak later.
We are having a bbq this afternoon, my mum is coming round, I'm not doing much food really, and have worked out exactly what I can eat. I've prepared a few chicken and pepper skewers, with a (shop bought) sweet chilli sauce. only works out about 1 point per skewer. yummy. I will try my hardest not to go over the points I've worked out, but we will see later how many of the burgers that I can resist. I will just have to try and stick to the salad to fill me up as much as poss!
Anyway, I'll be off for now, I'll try to look in later, See ya.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:55 PM   #28  

Yippee!!!! Linda's back!!!! I can't wait to read how your trip was. Sounds like you did good staying near the program and are ready to get back on track completely.

Dawny - hope that cookout went well. I'm sure you were a good girl! Hope you had more fun than food!

Well, it has been a BUSY day for me. I am almost ready to turn in and it is not yet 9 p.m. We had another cookout at church. I tell you, those people are trying to sway me!! But, I did sooo good. I'm proud of me. I brought turkey burgers for me and DH and a dish called Fiesta Hominy. And I had some slaw made by my MIL. Lots of veggies filled the tummy. I could hardly finish the burger.

It was a busy day, but a great one. After our church service a local hispanic church that we helped get started used our santuary so they could do a baptism. DH and I went and the pastor kindly preached in both languages. It was an amazing experience and several came back for the cookout. One of the reasons that I have for getting my bod in shape is that DH and I have plans to go into fulltime mission work. Right now, we feel that the first step is bible college, but need to get out of debt before we do that. So, I'm getting in better shape to have more energy and to be of more service.

Oh! And a neat thing happened at the grocery today. A friend that I hadn't seen since the wedding 5 months ago saw me and almost the first thing she said to me was, "Have you lost weight?" That felt GOOD.

Well, that's enough chatter for now. Time for a bath and bed. In that order? We'll see.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:38 AM   #29  

HI, well the bbq went very nicely thankyou. It was only us and my mum, so it was a lovely relaxing sunday afternoon - and yes, I stuck exactly to what I said I would have, and went to bed last night with one point left, oh no, I didn't, forgot the little glass of red wine last night. Oh well near enough! We don't have flex points to use like you guys, so if we have 20 points, thats it. The only way that we have any extra, is if we earn them with exercise, or save them from the previous few days. We are able to save up to 4 per day, and use them within the week. But you can't add more than 12 saved points on to any one days normal points allowance. So if you know you have a 'busy' weekend ahead, you can plan, and eat less for a few days coming up, but unless you've been working out, there are no more to play with. I am currently on 20 points a day, when I have lost 6 more pounds, then I will be down to 18, that, I imagine will be pretty tough.
Anyway, I'll sign off for now, it's very misty today, it's my day off, and the sun probably won't burn off the mist until about 2pm like yesterday, by then, half the day has gone. Oh well, worse things could happen, I could spend all the day eating! Better not eh! See ya later.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:09 AM   #30  

Good morning guys, or should I say afternoon to those in the UK?
Here is a link that will work to some family photos of our trip:
http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.js...1&sort_order=0
No photos of me, but some of the family, my husband trying to sail (no wind to speak of!) and our family cabin on the lake. Also, I found it amusing to take a picture of my cat enjoying her version of a "kitty vacation" sitting right in front of the birdfeeder watching a squirrel! I was the photographer, so no photos of me at all. But, you can see my kids, Jeff and Jamie and my in laws and husband on our dock, all looking rather serious about out motor that unfortunately "died" this week.
So, I dared to get on the scale this morning and I seem to weigh exactly the same. I am not sure if my daughter Jamie weighs the same, I actually think she may have lost. She is still on the "honeymoon" stage with WW, I think and took it very seriously throughout the week, not that she didn't indulge a bit, but she did better than I did!
Thoiugh, we both had to indulge in candy and a few extras, but what are vacations for? What I think saved both of us is that we took our exercise seriously throughout the week. I spent at least 40 minutes every day either walking, swimming or going on our paddleboat, which is a true work out!
Melanie, such wonderful humanitarian goals you have, I wish you success! Perhaps there are bible college scholarships of some kind? So nice that you bumped into that person and they noticed you lost weight! That is a big NSV (non-scale victory)!
Dawny, sounds like you remained in control during your entertaining. Good girl!
As for me, I used up all my points yesterday, but was proud to be back into journalling (which I totally LOST during vacation) and did an hour work out, which I will repeat today as well momentarily.
Where is everyone else????
Linda
Closed Thread