Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 10:56 AM   #1  

Unhappy help!

hi everyone! My name is judee and i was wondeing if i should join weigh watchers? I wanted to see what it is all about? i think i am going to join it but i need someone to answer questions for me?

Sw- 272
cw-213
gw- 160
Old 07-03-2004, 11:01 AM   #2  

Lightbulb weight watchers

hi im Angela and i just joined. but i am in weight watchers so any questions you have just ask
Old 07-03-2004, 11:34 AM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

W/W is based on a formula of calories/fat grams/fiber grams that assigns a point to each food. You get a TargetPoint to reach each day and can earn ActivityPoints for excersize which you can use for food on the day you earn them and you get FlexPoints each week to be used as you see fit. Some, none or all but they are there to use.

W/W has many options right now to participate: 1) meetings, 2) online and 3) at home.

The meetings and at home provide hard materials that are easy to take along and the online only has that information in the online website.

W/W stresses 1) healthy eating by the PointsPies; 2) exercise (any program that doesn't is not a long term solution); 3) portion control; 4) not depriving yourself.

It is easy to eat out or at home and remain on program.

What other questions do you have?
Old 07-04-2004, 01:45 PM   #4  

Hi Judee, I have been following WW in the Uk since Jan 04, and although there seem to a few differences to the programme over here, the principle is basically the same.
I just wanted to let you know, that the points system is very easy to follow, and you very quickly learn the points of most of your favourite foods, and if you want to eat chips all day, then thats fine as long as you don't go over your allocated points for the day. Of course, that isn't the healthiest way to follow the programme, but it will still help you lose weight. I never go to bed feeling as if I've been hungry during the day, and if you're full, you don't eat to excess. Easy.

Good luck.
Closed Thread