Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 01:20 PM   #16  

I need to start adding exercising. I was doing good then had a major problem with water retention. I have gained 20 pounds in 2 months before starting WW - the doctor ran tests, but can't find out what is causing it. They put me on water pills, they are helping some, but it isn't taking it all away - it has been almost 2 weeks since he put me on them. I was in such pain from my legs, sort of breath and my heart was beating too hard, so I took a break from exercising. I was going to get up this morning and try 15 minutes on the treadmill, but was up 1/2 the night with a migraine, so I missed. I know it will help - maybe tonight when I get home from work I'll try it and see how it goes.

Dazzled - don't beat yourself up too bad, just get back to basics.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:32 PM   #17  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey gals. I counted points EXACTLY yesterday and stayed within my Target. Today I am a little snacky, but I think it is because I ate cereal for breakfast and that doesn't hold me as long.

Today I am a little off point wise because I unexpectantly went out to lunch with hubby.

Tara... it is cold, snowy and yucky here today. We are supposed to get more snow on Saturday. Where is spring??

Oh I am taking off of work tomorrow just to get some home time to catch up on things. I haven't taken any days off this year yet. Yippee. I have been a little busy today, so I will try to get back later.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:54 PM   #18  
*~forbidden snowflake~*

Thanks for the encouragement! I will keep it in mind. Argh I just wish I hadn't ruined my progress. I did go out for a 40 minute walk today though! I haven't been doing that, either so I am going to TRY and make a plan of it. I walked up and down hill at about 2.5 mph or so which is about as fast as I can go without having pains. I told my doc about that and she said to just start out slowly and build up. I feel really good right now, though! The endorphins are flowing. I'm going to have some fat free yogurt and plan my dinner for tonight.

Maybe, if I keep walking every day I can still make the St. Pat's goal.

Congrats to everyone who has been sticking to the plan and steadily losing You're my role models.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:22 AM   #19  

Debra- Wow, thats quite a fast weight gain. But you have lost a significant part of it- good job! I hope you are okay. Do you get migraines often?
Jen- Is your cereal high in fiber? That can help keep you full longer. Good job counting pts!
Dazzled- Did you find something good for supper? Are you back on program?
I had #2 in a row OP. I even had 2 AP that I was going to use and never did. I gained them on a good 1hr/5km walk.
I am using my full nursing pts alottment for the next two days, DD has been sick and I have been letting her nurse as much as she wants. It is exhausting! Last night she slept until 11pm, then was up until almost 7am. It was a long night. I got almsot 3hrs sleep- I am not used to that anymore!!!
Have a great day, everyone!
Old 03-12-2004, 03:26 PM   #20  

Hmm...where is everyone today?
I just got my pedometer working, so I think I will set an exercise challenge for myself...it is easier for me to control my exercise than the actual # of lbs that I lose. So; by St. Patrick's Day I will walk 60km. This will be a combination of daily walking and actual walks for exercise. As long as I acheive this, I will forgive myself if I can't meet the weight goal. This should gaurantee me a good feeling and some success. I think I will go run up and down my stairs for awhile to get some of those steps in for today!
Old 03-12-2004, 04:31 PM   #21  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey everyone. I took today off of work so I could get some things done at home. Mostly cleaning. Hubby was super busy at work, so he couldn't stay home with me. I took the kids to daycare too. I never get as much done as I want, but every little bit helps. And I also did some ME things, so it wasn't straight cleaning. Tho I still have a ton more to clean.

Last night at swim class I almost had a panic attack. They had a sub teacher (young guy, not very good) and he had his back turned to Emma, who is the shortest in the class. Well, Emma lost her footing and went under. I panicked, but the lif guard grabbed her and she was ok, just swallowed a little water. But she was flailing and that scared me. This is why I have them in swim class and I am so thankful Emma is learning to swim. I thought for sure she wouldn't finish the class, but she did and I gave her a big hug!

So that's my day. Not much planned for the weekend. I ran out and rented some movies. I think hubby is going to help his parents out tomorrow (dad broke his leg really bad before Christmas and is still out of commission). I really wanted to do family things tomorrow, but I guess they can wait.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:49 PM   #22  

Jen- That must have been scary when Emma went under! It's good that she is learning water safety. What movies did you rent?
DH and I have spent the day together, went for brunch then took DD to play. Priced out lino and carept for one of our rental properties. (That I may open a daycare out of) Now I am off to do a Walmart walk with a friend. Still OP, Day #4.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:30 AM   #23  

Happy Monday (if it has to be Monday I am making it be happy)...

Well, I was on my own all weekend. Friday, intended on working out...but the 2nd job took presidence and I ran errands for that until about 7...after that all I wanted to do was to eat something and unwind!!

Saturday, Got up, it was sleating and cold. I worked out and ran errands until about 3. then took it easy around the house, cleaned up and finished a book.

Sunday, slept in...did a little shopping and then did nothing...didn't workout didn't do anything, though I was right on points all weekend!! :-) I can't wait until Tuesday, Leeann Chinn here I come :-)

I have only lost 1 pound this week, but after the husband said that he thought I looked slimmer in the tummy I had to measure that as well and I did see that I lost 2 inches in the waist and 2 in the hips... I will take that :-)

Anyway, I have to push myself to workout hard this week!! I will be staying with my young cousins this weekend while their parents are gone. Movies, hair stuff, and cookie baking...it will be fun and since they are both active, I am sure I can get them to run with me, the older one is in the 7th grade and is on the Varsity Cross Country team...and the younger plays soccer...don't know if I can keep up, but I will try!! :-)

The husband will be home on Saturday and I will be back on Sunday...it's sad, but I miss him already :-) During the week I love to be alone to unwind and relax...but the weekend is boring with him gone...most of my "girlfriends" aren't in this town so it makes it hard when he's gone...but I can't complain too much...it's nice to have the whole bed to myself :-)
Old 03-15-2004, 11:10 AM   #24  

Golfergirl- Does DH go away for work? Is he gone often? You work 2 jobs? Yikes! You said you hope to lose weight, then have a baby, right? Do you have family in the town you live? (You said you don't have many friends there.) You are lucky to be a runner, I just can't get into that! I am much more a walker! Have a good Monday, we have switched to a new thread.
Closed Thread