Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 10:19 AM   #1  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default St. Patricks Day Challenge Final Week!!

Well, here it is. The final week of the challenge. How are we all doing?? I haven't lost the 5 pounds that I wanted... but I have gotten back on track with exercise and points. That is an accomplishment in my book. And my pants are fitting better. Next month I know the weight will start dropping! I still have my goal for my baby's first b-day!!

I rented movies this weekend... Freaky Friday, School of Rock and (shoot what was the name of that one... the one with that Mr. Bean guy in it). Haven't watched the 3rd one yet so that is why I forget the name. Hubby loves that guy, so I got it for him!

Emma has dance class tonight, so that should be fun. I have the video camera this time, so I am hoping to sneak in and get some pics of her. That's about it for me. Just a busy busy lady!!!
Old 03-15-2004, 11:06 AM   #2  

Jen- How was School of Rock? I thought about getting it on the weekend. We got Matchstick Men instead. It was ok, but I guessed everything early on. Isn't it nice when your pants fit better? Way to go!
I don't think I will make my weight goal either. I should be down 10 lbs or so, but I will be happy to be in the same place I was 2 weeks ago, since I took 5 days off!!
We had a good weekend. We curled and worked on the revenue house yesterday. Lots of exercise- I am stiff today! I have tons of stuff to do today, but am stuck waiting on a call from the carpet guy...hopefully that comes soon!
I hope everyone else is closer with their goals!!
Old 03-15-2004, 12:13 PM   #3  

Tara- He drives the truck and trailer for a race car team (non-professional, a step below Indy Cars). So when the racing is good he goes and when money is tight with them he doesn't. He's gone this week in FL, in April he will be gone for 2 weeks and then who knows. Then he also goes to car shows for his actual job so he's gone a lot for that too, I enjoy it as well and try to go with as much as possible. So, it's nice to have the place to myself, but he's gone enough that it gets boring. I think I just need a dog :-)

My friends have all moved, either back home (2.3 hour drive), to Northern MN, NY, Amsterdam, NE, I have no close friends here. My family is scattered as well, most of them are 2.5 hours away, and his family is close, though his dad drives semi and is home maybe 4 days a month so his mom goes with in the truck when she can, I think they will be back this weekend as well. So... it gets boring.

I actually HATE to run, my knees and ankles are weak but I try to push through it because I feel so good when I get done with a workout! I love walking, but am not patient with it, I like to set the treadmill for a specific distance and try to hit it as quick as I can!!

Jen- how did you like School of Rock. We got it last weekend and I really liked it, but I love Jack Black!! It was cute, not full of swearing, just a cute movie!

I wanted to see Match Stick Men, but I always guess what is going to happen and I don't like that...I want to have a huge twist that I don't see coming, which usually I can still predict, the husband hates that :-) but I can't help it. I would love to be a dective!! :-)

Hope your days are going good!!
Old 03-15-2004, 12:54 PM   #4  

I liked School of Rock, but I don't think it met all the hype there was about it. Everyone said it was the best movie of the year, and I don't think it was the best, but it was very cute. I like Jack Black also, he is one odd person!!!

I am so busy today and probably all week. Lots of work that jumped up on me. Blahhh.

Tara... good luck with the house. I give you credit for wanting to do daycare, I don't know how some people handle all those little kids blowing up at once. I think it is hard with just my 2!!

OK, back to work. I need to get something to eat first tho!
Old 03-15-2004, 02:37 PM   #5  

Golfergirl- Wow, that must be hard to be away from all your friends and family and your DH! Do you have any pets? I found that when I moved away to work it wasn't as hard as I thought, but I had my DD and my sister both living with me. It is amazing that a baby can be such good company!
Jen- I am used to teaching, and spending lots of time with all of my friends children. Also, I have had jobs at a playground/wading pool and teaching preschool and ages 5-12 art classes. The max kids I would ever have a private daycare would be 12- and that would be with one other adult and one of the children being my daughter. As long as you have rules, things usually go fairly smoothly!! Are you nervous about swimming lessons, after Emma's close call last week? I would be!

I am having a wonderful day. I am not on the substitute teaching list right now, but I got a call to come do 2.5 days in a gr 2 class. There is a strong chance that I will get 2 more weeks in the class after that. It is especially good because the teacher of this class retires at the end of this year, so I might have a better shot at a permanent job!! It is also nice because the vice prinicpal went out of her way to contact me- she said they "want the best" for situations like this. It makes me feel a little more optimistic about my professional future!
Have a great day!
Old 03-15-2004, 04:03 PM   #6  

Yeah Tara...congrats on the teaching!! Sounds like a good opportunity!

So far so good on points... but can't quite concentrate on actual work!! Have a very messy desk and I just want to get caught up, tomorrow might be the day for that!! :-) It won't take long but I lost a ton of files on Friday and now I have to redo a bunch of them and I just can't stay focused on it long enough to get things done!
Old 03-15-2004, 04:10 PM   #7  

Oh Tara, how exciting about the job. Keep us posted on the future of it!!!! And you must be very patient. I love kids and love working with them, but sometimes it can be hard, especially when the parents are not supportive. If your job doesn't pan out, hope the daycare does. I would love to find an awesome daycare that costs less than what I pay.

Has anyone ever tried the Fruit 2 O drinks? I tried the lemon one today and it is good. It is flavored water that uses Splenda. I don't like Nutrasweet at all, it gives me a headache and sick feeling. This drink is good. I wonder what the other flavors are like!

Oh and I am a little concerned about swim class, but I just try to think positive to Emma doesn't get scared. If she thinks I am scared, then she will be also. And if her regular teacher is back, I know she will be fine because she really likes her, and trusts her.
Old 03-15-2004, 04:39 PM   #8  

Hey - I've had the Fruit 2 ) drinks - they are pretty good, I liked the passion fruit, but have also had the orange and raspberry.

Swimming classes will be great, your daughter will love them. Better to teach them when they are little, they have less fear.

I have weigh in on Wednesday - going at 10:00 this week instead of after work at 5:00. We are catering in lunch for the company - 300 people - Subway is doing it. I am on the committee that organizes it, so I made sure we got one that was low points...

So, what's our next challenge going to be?????
Old 03-16-2004, 08:43 AM   #9  

Maybe the next challenge can be Easter?
I have WI tonight... Hopefully I can be within 5lbs of my goal. It will take a lot of km to meet my walking goal- 6days just wasn't enough time to meet it!
I am off to school....grade two should be fun!
Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-16-2004, 11:19 AM   #10  

Default Good and Bad

i Girls...

Well, tomorrow is the day and unless I lose about 14 pounds today, I won't make the weight goal, but I want to see how I have done on the rest...

1) Go to the gym 5 days a week
Did great, went 5 days...maybe once 4 days...
2) Increase treadmill from 2 miles in 30 minutes to 3 miles in 30 minutes.
Increased but not in the way the goal was stated. Can run 1 mile without stopping in 10 minutes. Need to up it now.
3) Stick to fruits and veggies
Have done great with this...grapes and celery are always in the fridge.
4) Drink Green Tea
Did o.k. here...mostly just drank water.
5) Go from 176 to 165
Not so good in this department...actually gained in the mean time so ended at 182, though my measurements have dropped.

I know what I need to work on for next time and I will be making my goals today to accomplish what I need to!!
Old 03-16-2004, 06:15 PM   #11  

Golfergirl- A gain is no biggy for you, since you lost inches and went on a holiday in there. You should be happy with that!
I will report in later today about how I do with my personal challenge....
Old 03-17-2004, 08:31 AM   #12  

Well, I did not meet my goals, but I was on my way...
I wanted to lose 13lbs, and lost 9lbs. I wanted to walk 60km, and have walked 45. I know I will get about 10 in today, and with a push I may be able to get another 5.
I had a great day teaching yesterday, but was exhausted when I got home. DD and I went to bed much earlier last night- we are so used to being able to sleep late in the morning that getting up was a big shocker!!
I am frustrated with my slow loss, but am going to go start another challenge right now to help keep me motivated...and in touch with all of you. (I miss Diana!!)
Come join me!
Closed Thread