Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 11:52 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Angry How much weight have you lost so far??

I know I can't compare myself to other people, and I'm not. I'm just curious how much weight you've lost so far on WW. Thanks guys
Old 02-20-2004, 10:28 PM   #2  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Well, I've lost 10 pounds on WW in 14 weeks. That of course was also over the holidays. I lost 7 before I joined WW, so that's 17 all together.
Diana
Old 02-21-2004, 02:55 AM   #3  

I have done WW a few times. Here is how it worked for me:
2000- Joined and lost +60lbs in ~ 7months. (Walked or went to the gym every day and followed the program 110%)
2001- Had gone off program and gained ~15 back, joined and lost 7, discovered was PG; quit WW and gained ~50lbs)
2002- Lost ~35 in ~6mo following PG (Followed somewhat and walked a bit)
2004- Just joined again after living in an area with no meetings for 6 months. Hope to see good results soon!!

Good luck to you!!
Old 02-21-2004, 09:30 AM   #4  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

I've been on WW for about 4 or 5 yrs now. The last 2 I haven't lost a lot. Just me though not WW. Total I have lost 98 lbs. And got rid of a lot of health problems too. I am trying to get back with the program and do it right cuz I know it's the best one for me out there. Good luck on your journey. I started out about where you are now. YOU CAN DO THIS! Take care and keep us posted....Sis
Old 02-21-2004, 09:48 AM   #5  
*~forbidden snowflake~*

I had joined WW AT Home and didn't really lose because I absolutely need the push the meetings give. I did meetings as consistently as I could and lost 15 pounds but then fell off the wagon and I could not get to the meetings consistently so that's when I started going out of whack. I need consistency -- ONE leader, one time every week. I moved from leader to leader as my schedule permitted and that just didn't work for me. Almost the whole 15 pounds was lost under the guidance of the same leader.

So then I was off WW for at least a year and I decided what the heck, I can't get to meetings but I'll try it at home again. So I got the new kit. Facing the SAME problems -- no motivation. So I am going to join the meetings again formally this week.

I'm stupid, I know. I should go by my intuition and what works for me. I don't have a car but I share a car and right now I am able to make consistent meetings so I know I can lose if I make each one. I need that -- the atmosphere, the other women's (and men's) stories and tips, the rah rah from the leader, the strict weekly weigh-ins on their scales instead of mine which doesn't work right.

I had lost 10 extra pounds when I went through some relationship troubles but gained it back. Argh. That was just because I got so depressed I couldn't eat for a week, pretty much. MEN!
Old 02-21-2004, 11:28 AM   #6  

I agree with everything you have said, Dazzled. Even the last part about MEN!
I just started attending the meetings again this week too. I find that PAYING for the meetings is a big motivation too. When I joined after the birth of my dd, I was working the meetings and did not pay. I usually weighed myself. There was way less motivation!!!
Old 02-21-2004, 12:25 PM   #7  

I have been on WW many times before but this time I really feel like I can do it. All the different websites are very helpful. You get ideas from different people and it is GREAT! I joined WW the second week of January. I have lost 14.4 lbs as of this morning. I have at least 100 lbs to lose and with losing that little bit I feel better and have more energy. I also go to Curves 5 to 6 times a week.

Suzie
Old 02-22-2004, 06:35 PM   #8  

Hi Patience,

The good thing is you're on the program, and as long as you do it, the weight and inches will come off.

I originally started WW back in 1998 and lost 70lbs in 8 months, then stalled. Made the mistake of thinking I could do it on my own and stopped going to meetings. I also stopped posting here after a while, which was another big mistake. I gained it all back and then some.

So I rejoined in October this past year and since that time I've lost 21lbs. I would say that most of that has been since the holidays, because I wasn't fully focused on the program. What's different this time is that I not only know how to do the program, I know that this is something I have to do and not stop doing, or else I'll gain it all back again. The main differences for me has been in a recommitment that has included exercise (which I wasn't doing at first) and adding in more dairy and water to the program. It's been steady since then with about a 1-1.5lb loss per week since then. Which is right where it should be according to WW.

So hopefully these states frmo people can give you an idea of what to expect, but it's different for everyone.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:16 PM   #9  
It is what it is...

Hi, I have been on WW since Jan 6th of this year and have lost 19 pounds so far...I am pretty happy....
Old 02-26-2004, 08:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

63 lbs. in 13 mos., then I hit Christmas and vacation in January. I gained about 6 lbs., and I've lost those now and one more for a total of 64 lbs. I go to weekly meetings and have a great leader, which I think is a key to success.

I consider myself a fairly slow loser and don't mind at all. I'm almost 51 years old, and I know it's going to come off slower so I expect to be at the losing phase for at least another 8 months, probably more. The hard part is going to be maintaining.
Old 02-28-2004, 03:47 PM   #11  

I'm down 12.5 pounds in 7 weeks. I still have a long way to go but it'll be worth it!
Old 02-28-2004, 09:06 PM   #12  
northernclipper

Hello everyone

I just joined ww this Jan 04 and I have lost 10lbs. I did that in the first 4 weeks and since then I have stayed the same for 3 weeks. I weigh-in tomorrow and am hoping for a loss. I drink alot of water and I excerise or walk nightly can't seem to get over this hump. I try to stay positive and motivated but, must say it is getting harder to do.
Old 02-28-2004, 11:22 PM   #13  
Pending Email Confirmation

I have lost 10lbs in 3 weeks. I'm very excited about it, and am looking forward to next week's WI!
Old 03-02-2004, 08:22 PM   #14  

It's taken me awhile, but I've lost over 100 pounds! Weight Watcher's is the best (take THAT Dr Phil!)
Old 03-02-2004, 09:59 PM   #15  

Wow! That's the sort of post I want to see!!!! Great job!
Closed Thread