Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 07:45 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default TFL--Week of September 22, 2003

Hello everyone--I am very upset with myself; I've gained 5 pounds over the past couple weeks. I have just been out of control!! I think it started with my parents' anniversary party. I've just been eating like there is no tomorrow. Why have I done this to myself?? I need some encouragement.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:16 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Domina: All of us have had setbacks from time to time and it's frustrating, especially when we know how much hard work we've put into eating healthy, etc. I'm still struggling with the weight I put on just after the New Year. We learn from what happens--but we tend to beat ourselves up rather than moving forward and that puts us into the "proverbial black hole" where we can't see our way out. So--here's my advice: Dust yourself off, open up to a blank page in your journal and start fresh. Don't stress about what happened but rather get back on track and give yourself a pat on the back for moving foward. My WW buddy at my Wednesday meeting has a great saying, "Take the hit and move on!" I love this! It's helped me through many rough spots.

I didn't do all that bad over the weekend, although last night I should've gone to bed rather than have the light english muffin with peanut butter *sigh* I'm not going to get back down where I want to by doing things like this! On a up note, the weather over the weekend was gorgeous! Didn't get to Ohio like I wanted, but did some cooking and have dinner for tonight all ready
Old 09-22-2003, 10:12 AM   #3  

Domina: Take a deep breath. Now another. I think I know how you're feeling cause I've been there more than a few times myself. Just whip out that journal, like Melissa has suggested, and resolve to get back on track gradually. If you've been remiss on drinking enough water, you may want to focus on that for a few days. The most important thing is not to get too bent out of shape about this setback; it's minor, and you can and will overcome it.

Melissa: We too had a gorgeous weekend weatherwise. Actually, the fall has been better than summer, at least so far.

I'm feeling much better after a trip to the doctor. Turns out I had a bronchial infection. The antibiotics have helped immensely and I can actual sleep lying down as opposed to sitting up in the lazyboy chair

Last week was not a good one for me as far as staying OP was concerned. My resolve is back this morning and I will try to undo any damage done. Haven't weighed myself and don't intend to until the end of the week. On a bright note, got out for a run on Saturday and managed 26 minutes in spite of my breathing difficulties.

Welcome back lala.

Austingal, scoutruns, laurel, patch - where are you??
Old 09-22-2003, 01:41 PM   #4  

Thanks, Melissa and Susan. I need to move forward; what's done is done, but it can be undone, right?? I have been drinking my water and I have not stopped exercising, but I added the hand to mouth exercise!! I've been eating cake and desserts like no tomorrow.

Shake it off and move on!!

Susan, I hope you're better soon. I don't know how you ran at all. That's great to hear you're back on the roads.
Old 09-22-2003, 01:54 PM   #5  
si, si signora

Domina,

Hugs to you....

Its good that you came here for support. We have all been there and I'm sort of in the same boat as you.

Start writing and thinking -- why am I eating that cake? If I don't eat the cake, will the earth stop rotating? Is this something you can talk to your husband about?

You are going through a major change in life (new job, bigger responsibilities) and big family event (planning a party for your parents), you are also super busy with all sorts of other commitments (plays, choir, church). Are you eating these sweets in social settings? or by yourself when you have down time?

In social settings, I am just trying to learn and say "no thanks" at home it can be harder. At work, it depends on the level of stress.

You have done marvelously and you will continue to!

I'm going to weigh in today and I'll take the gain (if I have one) and go on. If I'm the same I'll give myself a little breath of relief, but realize that degustation des fromages are not ww flex points friendly.

Melissa -- I hear you on the peanut butter - but at least its not a bowl of ice cream. I give Jacques his pills in pb every night, well, we trade off, and it was my turn and I gave myself a nice little 2 pt blob. Not what I needed.

Susan -- I'm sorry you are not feeling well. I hope that the bronchial thing works itself out soon.

Other than that, went shopping yesterday for clothes, should have gone on Friday night, it would have seriously affected how I ate the rest of the weekend.

NGAMO!

lala
Old 09-23-2003, 07:30 AM   #6  

lala, thanks for the encouraging words. Yes, I've been busy, but usually I eat less when I'm busy. You're right, it's the social settings. I just head for the sweets, not sure why.

Good luck at your WI; yes cheese will do you in, but where would we be without (and a little vin?)

Old 09-23-2003, 09:16 AM   #7  

Good morning.

How's everyone doing today? I'm feeling great - the antibiotics have done the trick. Went for a run with my sister yesterday and managed 30 minutes so I think the breathing apparatus is back to normal. We're trying to get in shape for the breast cancer run on Oct. 5th.

I broke down and weighed myself this morning. The damage doesn't appear to be too bad, but I'll find out for sure on Saturday. Still loving the flexpoint system and the new journal in particular. I just love inserting those activity points. Funny how these little mind games make all the difference

lala: How did the weigh-in go?

Domina: I'm a closet eater- no difficulty staying OP in social settings, but when I'm at home, watch out! I'd rather be a social eater; there would be less occasion to overindulge

Melissa: Do you get a sense from your WW duties that members are having more success with the flexpoints system?
Old 09-23-2003, 11:19 AM   #8  

Good morning!

We had some thunderstorms roll through the area this morning and now it's sunny & cool (57F)--too bad I have a meeting at noon today because it's perfect walking weather!

Domina: How're things going? Is today better?

Lala: Welcome back! How did the WI go?

Susan: Glad to hear the antibiotics have kicked in and that you're feeling a lot better. Amazing what the right drugs do for you!

I really like the spiral journal--I try to write each day on a page (creature of habit) so I can see at a glance how I did.

I get a mixed reaction from members--some don't do well with having 35 extra points--they figure they can eat all of them and have a good weight loss, others just use them if they need them and do well. I think it's more a personal choice. I know members feel better about using them and not beating themselves up because they've gone over their points target for the day. Members used to have a problem "banking" for special occasions so the new FlexPoints has the flexibility of using extra points without the guilt. It's kind of a double edge sword for some. Overall, members that I see are very positive about the new program. The visual guide for portion sizes is great!

I did a quick check on my home scale this morning and it's showing I'm down--I hope it stays there for tomorrow!
Old 09-23-2003, 11:25 AM   #9  
si, si signora

HI guys,

didn't get a chance to wi yet. I'm hoping to do it at lunch today after my seminar that I am so not ready for.

My TOM started this am, that would explain the eating and the rest of the symptoms, however, I am knowing that next week will be lovely.

lala
Old 09-23-2003, 12:47 PM   #10  

I'm doing a little better today--eating like I'm supposed to. Yesterday was good; I stayed OP, so I'm on the right track. I just get so mad at myself because I know what happens when I overeat and eat sweets (duh!)

The other stupid thing is that I'm in a play next week and I have to wear this sequined short dress that shows everything, so why did I gain weight???

lala, let us know about WI, but too bad about TOM (soon it will go away from me forever, can't wait)

Re: new flexpoints, etc., I just haven't gotten into it. The old plan really worked for me and I'm not ready to change to anything else. I never took credit for my AP's in the past, so I don't think I'll start now. I still walk every morning (6 a.m.) and then use my Total Gym. I just need to slow down with the eating.

Oh, Melissa, 57 degrees, that must be nice. It's 85 again here today.

DH's sister is arriving in a week and a half and she will not like this hot weather, but we do have a swimming pool.

Old 09-23-2003, 04:53 PM   #11  
si, si signora

Update:

I went in and lost .6 #. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.

Back to clean living.

lala
Old 09-24-2003, 09:11 AM   #12  

Domina: Good for you for getting back on track! I find that when I indulge in higher carb foods that I tend to eat, and eat, and eat--it's not like I don't know that it's going to trigger me to feel "empty".

Lala: Good for you on the weight loss! I have my meeting at noon today so we'll see how it goes. My scale at home is showing a loss.

Another cool morning here--54 and sunny, but it's supposed to warm up into the 70's. Tomorrow cold & rain is forecasted. Typical fall-like weather here. I'm bummed because I won't be able to get out and walk over the lunch hour but I'm thinking of taking a break later on this afternoon and getting at least a 15-minute walk in

I have an opportunity to go to London over the university's spring break with a group. Checked with the travel agency handling the trip and we can use our frequent flyer miles--my mom is also interested in going. Anyway, she called this morning and the flights are available. I've never been overseas and it's a 7 day/6 night venture. We'd be staying at the Comfort Inn Bayswater which looks really nice. Anyone ever been to that area? I'm a little apprehensive about committing but then I don't know if I'd ever get a chance like this and it'd be fun to go with my mom and spend some time with her. Decisions, decisions! Thoughts?
Old 09-24-2003, 12:16 PM   #13  

lala, woohoo!! Good for you. That gives me encouragement. I hope to see a loss--three days OP.

Melissa, GO!!! I so regret not going to Germany when I had friends living there in the late 70's. All we had to do was pay the airfare and they would take care of the rest. DH and I decided we needed to save our money.

I've always wanted to see London. It's supposed to be a very interesting city.

One other thing--I'm always reading that the rest of you go for WI and you report tenths of a loss/gain, but my WW center only does whole numbers. I wonder why that is?

Old 09-24-2003, 12:37 PM   #14  
si, si signora

Melissa, I lived off a bayswater road as a pup. Orme court, right across from the park.

Bayswater is a great location for transport -- the central line and the district and circle lines are quite close to eachother. You are pretty close to the museums at south ken and gloucester road too. The park is right across the way and you can schelp it across that time a year and get to knightsbridge for shopping. Your hotel is off Baywater road, so it should be quiet and close to the Bayswater tube station.

The area is diverse, with lots of arabs, indians and other ethnicities. Good indian food, good shopping and lots of stuff to amuse yourself nearby and not bad for the sights.

I love London in the spring.Well, I should say that I love london pretty much anytime (I'll love london in October too for 1.5 days.).

I'm not sure what airline you are flying, but you should check fares, sometimes the fares in the spring are soo cheap that its a waste to use miles for a 300 dollar ticket.

Domina -- I was shocked to see a loss. I forgot those macaroons I consumed in Paris.

I don't know why we weigh in tenths, must be our scales.

off to telecon.

see you guys!

lala
Old 09-25-2003, 04:23 PM   #15  

Well, I felt thinner, so I hopped on the scale this morning and I've lost a couple pounds. I was happy. I know, I know, it's probably water weight, but I'm being successful OP.

Closed Thread