Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2001, 06:15 PM   #1  

Red face

I just watched Rosie and she said that she has started on WW. I don't know about anyone else, but I really enjoy Rosie and hope she can do this program. We all know it works!!!(when you stick to it!!!!)

Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in!
Old 03-13-2001, 06:27 PM   #2  
Teacher Lady

I watch Rosie almost every day and was really pleased that she has started WW. I wonder if she is paying for it like everyone else? I plan to watch very carefully for the next little while.
Old 03-13-2001, 08:34 PM   #3  
Soon to be Lifetimer

Wonder if she will be the next spokeswoman!!!
Fergie and Rosie
I think when celebs go on WW it gives the program a lot of creditibility with the general public.
We know it already works, now the rest of the public can see results on others.
Old 03-14-2001, 01:25 PM   #4  
P.I.N.K

I guess you can e-mail here at

http://rosieo.warnerbros.com/

I tried to find the e-mail link ~ but I could not find it.

I was going to tell her to check out all the great support sites!
Old 03-14-2001, 06:54 PM   #5  

I haven't seen a show since she started, but on the WW message board someone said she was saying how hard WW is and how small the desserts are.. I hope that she gives WW a real chance and doesn't just talk it down. Rosie, WW really works! Stay OP, you can do it!

Brian
Old 03-14-2001, 07:03 PM   #6  

I really like Rosie. Sure hope she succeeds. What a great endorsement for Weight Watchers!

Now. If someone could only get that 10 time loser- Oprah to give it a try!
Old 03-17-2001, 03:39 PM   #7  
Ria

S/C/G: 220

Height: 5'5

Default points

I also saw where Rosie is on ww points, I would like to know the name of the book she is using so I can pick it up tomorrow and start on it monday, I know you have to go to meetings but I can't go at this time so I wanted to get the book.
thanks
Old 03-17-2001, 03:53 PM   #8  
Turtle Buddy

Ria,

You don't HAVE to go to meetings to succeed. A lot of people don't. What works for us is having the current materials and having a support network. I got my materials from the WW At Home program. You can check their web site to see if the program is available in your area. I get my supprt from online buddies, like the great people here on 3 Fat Chicks.

Lin
Old 03-18-2001, 08:40 AM   #9  

Weight Watchers must be loving the free publicity...if she is successful on the program can you imagine what that would mean in revenue for them? I bet our meetings would double in size...of course that is if she loses. Her goal is to lose the weight by her 40th Birthday..one year from now. I am cheering for her,we all know if she really commits to this program she will do it.
Old 03-18-2001, 07:28 PM   #10  

I hope that Rosie does give WW a try--nothing is an overnight cure that is for sure!!

Wow--I have been on WW for just about 3 weeks and I am amazed at the support that is offered on the Internet. The first week I lost 6.5 lbs and last week I lost 1.5 lbs. I would like to loose any where between 100 and 120 lbs.
The freedom this plan allows is amazing, but honestly feel that the meetings are going to help keep me on track. I think twice when I know that I have to weight in. The posts are helping tremendously in between the meetings--finding out that others are dealing with the same struggles. I feel that it is going to be a mixture of everything to make it happen--but the main ingredient for me will be keeping myself focused and motivated.
Any tips you can share would be greatly appreciated!! I am learning how to eat and cook all over again and actually excited to try a variety of new recipes.

Good luck to everyone,
Marcia
Old 03-20-2001, 05:01 PM   #11  
# 3 Fan Forever

I don't think it's free advertising. I'm sure there is some kind of exchange of cash going on. These are 3 business entities. WW, Rosie, and Warner Bros. They have all got to be getting something out of it. Do you all remember when WW approached Sarah a few years ago? She didn't lose the weight and then get approached, she was approached by WW and offered help to lose her weight and, in turn, become a spokes person for WW. I'm betting it's the same with Rosie. She gets new ratings, because WW people are tuning in to see how she's doing, Warner gets a cut of the pie, and WW gets the advertising.

I know there are people that don't like Rosie, but I can sure relate to her far more than I could relate to Sarah. She seems so working class vs. raised in a castle. I think WW is behind this and she'll lose the weight and be their spokes person when she retires from her show.
Old 03-20-2001, 06:41 PM   #12  

Nascar Woman,

I agree with you. I do think it may have started out that her friend Jackie was on it and she saw how well it was going for her. Then she was approached by WW, etc etc etc.

I really relate with Rosie since I'm originally from the east coast and although I'm a few years older than her I did alot of the same things she did (discos, broadway, etc) I think she is better off with WW because then she can fit in her Drake's cakes, even the low-fat ones are good and less points.
Old 03-22-2001, 03:35 PM   #13  

Saw Rosie again today and she lost her first 3 lbs. Said she's been on it for 12 days. Hope she keeps losing and motivating me!!!
Old 03-22-2001, 04:32 PM   #14  
# 3 Fan Forever

A very conveniently timed guest will be on Rosie next week. Fergie! Now I am fully convinced that WW is behind Rosie going OP and talking about it so much. I wonder if she's going to start her own "at work" meetings so she doesn't have to go to a public meeting.
Old 03-22-2001, 04:44 PM   #15  

Default Rosie on WW

I hope Rosie does well on WW. It would be a blow for WW if she doesn't and she put the program down. I like Rosie and relate to her stories. I must admit I not the most succesful WW but feel being on the program off and on has kept me from being a 1,000 pounds. I hope to reach goal this time and with computers now and great sites like this one, I will ! Thank you all for sharing
Closed Thread